Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915268 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by orimahspence: 4:13pm On May 21, 2018
kodeya:
Good day folks.

I had my B.Tech in Chemistry and I want to apply for an MBA in VIU this fall.

I'm making arrangements of the necessary documents since the school has requested ALL documents be uploaded on my portal.

There is a problem though. I need to submit two recommendation letters alongside my application and from what i gathered, since it wont be sent tl the school by email, the letter better be in a letterhead.

I intend asking my project supervisor to write one on my behalf whilst I Need your help for the other one.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

If your VIU is virginia intl university, I'll advise you don't waste your money

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:36pm On May 21, 2018
kodeya:
Good day folks.

I had my B.Tech in Chemistry and I want to apply for an MBA in VIU this fall.

I'm making arrangements of the necessary documents since the school has requested ALL documents be uploaded on my portal.

There is a problem though. I need to submit two recommendation letters alongside my application and from what i gathered, since it wont be sent tl the school by email, the letter better be in a letterhead.

I intend asking my project supervisor to write one on my behalf whilst I Need your help for the other one.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

let me join the mass choir ............ get a better school . masters is just 2 years , life after school is like forever

choose school wisely , pick a school with a higher chance of opportunities for international student

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ariesben5: 4:39pm On May 21, 2018
jolowizzy11:
good afternoon guys... my interview is coming. up soon , this is my proposed transcript. please you guys should criticize me constructively...

VO good morning
me good morning

VO passport and i20
VO why are you going to usa
me to study project management @ alliant international university San Diego California

VO what's your highest qualification
me o'level 2012 and a professional course in SQL,rdbms,microsoft office and fundamental networking skills...

VO how many uni did you apply to
me. 3 ....AIU .... brand man university and auora university..

VO. how many gave you admission
me...Aiu and brandman

VO. why Aiu
me ..I chose Aiu because their educational system is well structured and I have been following the work of professor *********** the school is one of the top 20 schools in California that has the best graduate student in project management ..

VO. how did you hear the school
me. I was able to meet some representatives from diff schools in u.s @ an education fair in Sheraton hotel in Ikeja ,I was carefull guided by the reps from alliant uni ..

VO.who is your sponsor
me my dad

VO..who does he do

me .he's the head of govt relations @ Lagos state employment trust fund...

........please guys ..help a brother..

Please, work very hard on your transcript oo
Be prepare for this,i guess it could take your off-guard

me o'level 2012 and a professional course in SQL,rdbms,microsoft office and fundamental networking skills...

I see here that you are not specific since 2012.

VO. why Aiu
me ..[s]I chose Aiu because their educational system is well structured [/s]and I have been following the work of professor *********** the school is one of the top 20 schools in California that has the best graduate student in project management ..

All US schools has a well structured educational system(so forget that),Are you a graduate student or undergrad? If undergrad, why undergrad working with a prof at this stage?
YOUR CHOICE OF SCHOOL WILL ATTRACT LOTS OF QUESTIONS

Prepare,prepare,and prepare Man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abacino007(m): 4:49pm On May 21, 2018
Abacino007:
Good day Nairaland,
I was offered admission into MA Economics program at Wichita state university. My appointment has been scheduled for 28th of May for 7. A. M.
Here is my proposed transcript. I want corrections and additions from you guys.

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning. How was your night?
Vo: Pass me your i20 and passport
Me: Passes
Vo: Where are you going to in the US?
Me: Wichita State University 1845, Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260.
Vo: why are you going to Wichita state university?
Me: for my master degree in Economics
Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3, namely, Wichita state university, Murray state University and Western Illinois University.
Vo: So why WSU?
Me: Apart from the fact that the state where the school is located is economically conducive and my mentor being an alumni of the school, the school offers excellent education to it students through high quality teaching and a well structured research activities. WSU MA Economics gives room for flexibility because they offer three different tracks which are Financial Economics, Economics analysis and international Economics. All the three tracks seek to provide students with analytical skills useful in decision making and a broader understanding of the overall economic environment. The financial track is my main area of interest because I have found a career in the financial sector. The school curriculum is compatible with my academic background and career interest. The program has good professors and also give a lot of time for business projects that mirror real work environment conditions. This is called Analysis of business condition and forecasting (Econ 803) in the department curriculum. This particular course is rare in other schools curriculum.
Lastly, I contacted Dr Philip Persh prior to applying, I told him about my research plans towards the proposed program and he was impressed by the research plans. We will be working on a thesis with the topic Nexus between Inflation and unemployment from (1990 - 2017)using Nigeria and United state as a case study .
Vo: What are your core courses?
Me: Math. Method in Economics Econ 701. Applied Econometrics Econ 731. Macro & Micro Analysis Econ 801 & 802. Analysis of Business forecasting Econ 803. Applied Econometrics II Econ 831.

Vo: What will the course do for you?
Me: I already work in the financial sector, masters will make me more competitive for promotion to higher position and accord me the opportunity to edge closer to the highest cadre in the financial sector by working directly with the Apex Bank of Nigeria where I can be able to advice Nigerian Government and non governmental parastatal on the best Economic practices and suitable policy. This is my long term dream.
Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my dad and my aunty
Vo: what does your dad and your aunty do?
Me: my dad is a mechanical engineer who works with Federal Government and also own a private workshop. My aunt is chief account at ABC company.

This is the little work I have done with guide from Nairaland. I need you guys to give comments. Thank you all as I await your contributions

I need everybody's opinion on this... @lagosismyhome @TheAmerican @Bigfrancise
@walspring. Please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 4:53pm On May 21, 2018
Abacino007:

I need everybody's opinion on this... @lagosismyhome @TheAmerican @Bigfrancise
@walspring. Please help
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 5:04pm On May 21, 2018
ariesben5:

Please, work very hard on your transcript oo
Be prepare for this,i guess it could take your off-guard

I see here that you are not specific since 2012.

VO. why Aiu
me ..[s]I chose Aiu because their educational system is well structured [/s]and I have been following the work of professor *********** the school is one of the top 20 schools in California that has the best graduate student in project management ..

All US schools has a well structured educational system(so forget that),Are you a graduate student or undergrad? If undergrad, why undergrad working with a prof at this stage?
YOUR CHOICE OF SCHOOL WILL ATTRACT LOTS OF QUESTIONS

Prepare,prepare,and prepare Man!

Bros I didn't say I worked with a professor oooooo ...I said I followed his works and research...... tanks anyways ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ariesben5: 5:15pm On May 21, 2018
Abacino007:
Good day Nairaland,
I was offered admission into MA Economics program at Wichita state university. My appointment has been scheduled for 28th of May for 7. A. M.

Me: 3, namely, Wichita state university, Murray state University and Western Illinois University.
Me: Apart from the fact that the state where the school is located is economically conducive and my mentor being an alumni of the school, the school offers excellent education to it students through high quality teaching and a well structured research activities. WSU MA Economics gives room for flexibility because they offer three different tracks which are Financial Economics, Economics analysis and international Economics. All the three tracks seek to provide students with analytical skills useful in decision making and a broader understanding of the overall economic environment. The financial track is my main area of interest because I have found a career in the financial sector. The school curriculum is compatible with my academic background and career interest. The program has good professors and also give a lot of time for business projects that mirror real work environment conditions. This is called Analysis of business condition and forecasting (Econ 803) in the department curriculum. This particular course is rare in other schools curriculum.
Lastly, I contacted Dr Philip Persh prior to applying, I told him about my research plans towards the proposed program and he was impressed by the research plans. We will be working on a thesis with the topic Nexus between Inflation and unemployment from (1990 - 2017)using Nigeria and United state as a case study .
Me: Math. Method in Economics Econ 701. Applied Econometrics Econ 731. Macro & Micro Analysis Econ 801 & 802. Analysis of Business forecasting Econ 803. Applied Econometrics II Econ 831.

Me: I already work in the financial sector, masters will make me more competitive for promotion to higher position and accord me the opportunity to edge closer to the highest cadre in the financial sector by working directly with the Apex Bank of Nigeria where I can be able to advice Nigerian Government and non governmental parastatal on the best Economic practices and suitable policy. This is my long term dream.
Me: my dad is a mechanical engineer who works with Federal Government and also own a private workshop. My aunt is chief account at ABC company.

This is the little work I have done with guide from Nairaland. I need you guys to give comments. Thank you all as I await your contributions

Good transcript
Note;the Vo might cut in while you giving reasons for chosing that insti. Which may not allow you to give this your perfect point
Lastly, I contacted Dr Philip Persh prior to applying, I told him about my research plans towards the proposed program and he was impressed by the research plans. We will be working on a thesis with the topic Nexus between Inflation and unemployment from (1990 - 2017)using Nigeria and United state as a case study. Which might result to this question; HOW WILL THIS HELP YOU?[i][/i]

Congrat in adv...

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 7:44pm On May 21, 2018
Abacino007:
Good day Nairaland,

I'm proud of your preparation so far. You strike me as a guy who has taken time to really think about things to say and you made sense. Your interview is getting near so I believe you must be even better than when you posted this.

Additional advice: the "why this school?" part seems long. There's a big chance the VO would cut you short or lose interest midway, so... break it into sentences and start with the best 2 sentences that present the strongest case for you. Try to avoid vague answers too, deal with specifics.

Another thing, the part about what the Masters degree would do for you. Again, good job. Try to speak in money terms. Something like "The median salary for BSc. Econs grads in Lagos/Abuja is 200k per month. While that for Master's degree holders is 450k... a degree from a U.S. University will also look good on my CV which will mean more interviews for me...", don't you think? Also, more emphasis on particular skills you hope to transfer from your time in Kansas to the country.

I feel like you're a good student and with more preparation, you'll do well. I wish you all the best.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by orimahspence: 7:58pm On May 21, 2018
theamerican:

I'm proud of your preparation so far. You strike me as a guy who has taken time to really think about things to say and you made sense. Your interview is getting near so I believe you must be even better than when you posted this.

Additional advice: the "why this school?" part seems long. There's a big chance the VO would cut you short or lose interest midway, so... break it into sentences and start with the best 2 sentences that present the strongest case for you. Try to avoid vague answers too, deal with specifics.

Another thing, the part about what the Masters degree would do for you. Again, good job. Try to speak in money terms. Something like "The median salary for BSc. Econs grads in Lagos/Abuja is 200k per month. While that for Master's degree holders is 450k... a degree from a U.S. University will also look good on my CV which will mean more interviews for me...", don't you think? Also, more emphasis on particular skills you hope to transfer from your time in Kansas to the country.

I feel like you're a good student and with more preparation, you'll do well. I wish you all the best.

The best transcript review/analysis I have read in the recent time. I sent you email, please kindly accept

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 8:01pm On May 21, 2018
orimahspence:

The best transcript review/analysis I have read in the recent time. I sent you email, please kindly accept

I'll check it when I get home later. smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dinma4000: 8:04pm On May 21, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 8:08pm On May 21, 2018
theamerican:

You deserve some accolades shocked

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abacino007(m): 8:13pm On May 21, 2018
theamerican:

Wow! Thank you very much. I will work on the corrections. God will honour you and God bless you richly

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 8:15pm On May 21, 2018
theamerican:

hello ma'am your yet to reply me �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 8:18pm On May 21, 2018
theamerican:

hello maam, your yet to reply me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 8:20pm On May 21, 2018
Niv25:

hello ma'am your yet to reply me �

See ehn, that pm thing is doing me somehow. I have too many requests and my conscience is not letting me check them. I know for sure I can't reply everyone, so I feel like replying only some people is unfair to others. I kinda sleep well knowing I'm treating everyone equally.

I'll try to reply as soon as I can, please be patient with me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 8:24pm On May 21, 2018
Northeastern:
Good day All.

How do I go about filling the health report form for graduate students.

Are there hospitals that are specialists in handling this or I should walk into any hospital?

I am based in Lagos.

Thank you.

CC: lagosismyhome, theamerican, femi312, walspring, etc

Go to any government health Centre in Lagos with a smiling face and cash in your wallet. Additional tip: let it be a Friday afternoon or evening (if you don't know why, you're not a Lagosian lol).

Tell the doctor what you're there for, they will do more than what you want sef lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 8:32pm On May 21, 2018
theamerican:

See ehn, that pm thing is doing me somehow. I have too many requests and my conscience is not letting me check them. I know for sure I can't reply everyone, so I feel like replying only some people is unfair to others. I kinda sleep well knowing I'm treating everyone equally.

I'll try to reply as soon as I can, please be patient with me.

its about my transcript ma'am I also posted it here. but for you to reply me. am having six years gap and its eating me up. that's my biggest fear now ma'am.

this what my transcript looks like. and everything stated here is the truth ma'am. but I want you to help criticize and help me fix it well.
1. WHY DID YOU CHOOSE CSU?

ANSWER: aside from the fact that CSU's curriculum matches with my desired course, CSU is ranked among the best national university in the US by USnews and world report. Its engineering program is ranked among the top 200 in the us. Also the major reason why I choose CSU is because the tuition and board fee is grantee for fall 2018. Which means there won't be any subsequent charge on those. With this I was able to have a good and proper estimation of my study in CSU.

2.WHAT WILL THIS COURSE DO FOR YOU?

Answer:As a passionate computer lover, this course will give me more knowledge on how to practise computer. It will equip me with the knowledge on how to solve and fix computer problem. Also considering the fact that I got this degree from US it will add more credit to my profile and make me fit and more relevant to compete in the Nigerian market.

WHAT IS YOUR HIGHEST LEVEL OF QUALIFICATION?

Answer: Olevel certificate

WHEN DID YOU GRADUATE AND WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING SINCE AFTER GRADUATION?

Answer: after my graduation in 2012, I considered going for my undergraduate studies here in Nigeria then masters in the US. but I was dissatisfied by the way the course was handled in the school, no good research centers in the school. My family and I had to fast track my study in the us. Because if am unable to grab anything in my undergraduate level there won't be anything to master on.

3.DID YOU CHOOSE ANY OTHER SCHOOL? COMPARE THE SCHOOLS.

ANSWER: I consider so many schools but I settled for two. Which is CSU and uhv..the most common things among the schools is that the both are public schools and are tier 2 universities in the us. CSU is a national public university while uhv is a regional west public university. Also the both offer bsc in computer science.

4. WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING AFTER THIS COURSE??

Answer: Considering the fact that the degree gotten from the us is highly respected internationally. This degree will make me more relevant in the Nigerian work sector. So I will be returning home to join the work force in my country. I will be fit to work in different sectors such as Industries, government etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Northeastern: 8:36pm On May 21, 2018
theamerican:

Go to any government health Centre in Lagos with a smiling face and cash in your wallet. Additional tip: let it be a Friday afternoon or evening (if you don't know why, you're not a Lagosian lol).

Tell the doctor what you're there for, they will do more than what you want sef lol.
Thanks a bunch, you're a darling.

On going there on Friday, my guess is because of the coming weekend so they need cash to flex.

Thanks again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 8:43pm On May 21, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 9:07pm On May 21, 2018
hello guys ..I have made some corrections on my transcript.....

VO good morning
me good morning

VO passport and i20
VO why do you want to study in the united States..
me I for one know that academic experience in u.s is almost perfect and a certificate from any uni in the u.s is highly valuable by virtually all the countries in the world ,moreover it's offers a good research opportunities which will help boost my career

VO what course do you want to study
me project management under graduate

VO how many schools did you apply to
me three.aliant international university San Diego c.a
brandman uni and auora university.

VO why alliant
me the main reason I chose alliant is that the school has the resources that Aline with what I have been learning on my own and the department is quite unique compared to the other uni I applied to

VO how did you hear about the school
me I went to an education fair @ Sheraton hotel Ikeja ,that was where I met their representatives...

VO what's you highest qualification
me o'level and a professional c.v in Microsoft office and SQL

VO. what are your future plans after completing graduation form the school

me upon the successful completion of the course I will return to my country and search for job or create one ,my country is full of opportunities ,with my c.v and experience I should be able to contribute positively to my society ......

that's all for now..... I have 6 years gap tho
you all should help me out.....thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abacino007(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2018
ariesben5:

Good transcript
Note;the Vo might cut in while you giving reasons for chosing that insti. Which may not allow you to give this your perfect point
Lastly, I contacted Dr Philip Persh prior to applying, I told him about my research plans towards the proposed program and he was impressed by the research plans. We will be working on a thesis with the topic Nexus between Inflation and unemployment from (1990 - 2017)using Nigeria and United state as a case study. Which might result to this question; HOW WILL THIS HELP YOU?[i][/i]

Congrat in adv...

Thank you very much... I'm grateful. I will work on the contributions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Drdeee: 9:12pm On May 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

My sister got that response from her school and that's the only school she applied into. Please what can she do, the school is not replying to her mail.

Neither has she been able to reach them on phone. Does this sound familiar with anyone. Please advice.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NiklausAkins(m): 9:25pm On May 21, 2018
there is an issue somewhere,
Asking her to transfer her SEVIS record?? She prolly made a mistake when applying or thats a Scammer website, You only transfer SEVIS record when youve paid your Sevis fee and your currently enrolled or admitted into a particukar University in the USA.

My 2 cents...
Let the babas in the house comment.
Drdeee:
Hi everyone,

My sister got that response from her school and that's the only school she applied into. Please what can she do, the school is not replying to her mail.

Neither has she been able to reach them on phone. Does this sound familiar with anyone. Please advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NiklausAkins(m): 9:29pm On May 21, 2018
i believe this school is a red flagg..
Just my own opinion ooo

Drdeee:
Hi everyone,

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 9:45pm On May 21, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
grin grin savage reply

grin grin grin hmmmm, for your mind. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NiklausAkins(m): 9:45pm On May 21, 2018
[5/21, 9:40 PM] Niklaus: Hello house..
My Interview is here already and i need you guys to criticise this from all angle.. Thanks a million..
Going for Undergrad.

How many schools did you apply to??
3, University of Iowa, University of Wyoming and Pensacola Christain college.

Why University of Iowa??
*Well i picked university of Iowa because of the schools Academic excellence and reputation, its ranked top 200 universities in the world according to THE, and then 31st best public university in america , making it a top notch university.
*Secondly, I picked the university because of thrre regular involvements with robots. Ever since 2014, they have this yearly Robot program, where the student of computer science come together and then program robots, with the use of C++, Java, python and some softwares. And this is something am looking forward to been part of, as i have a
passion of specializing in Programming, especially Programming Robots, because i believe theyre the future.
* Also the class size, about 60% of the classes in UIOWA, are fewer than 20 students, and considering the course am doing computer Science where 100% accuracy and precision is needed(at least from my little experience in HTML putting a comma instead of a dot wld affect the end result). And considering the amount my parents will be paying, i believe its a really standard one.

*How did you hear about this school??
I attended a british standard secondary school, so during our last year people from the UK,Canada and US and Some people from Nigeria came to talk to us on schooling abroad, thats where i got to know about alot of Universities in the US and this one in particular and then with little help from usnews.com, the, and google i was able to pick this one at last.

Any standardized test??
Yes SAT(Score 1180).

Who is sponsoring
Ma parents (MUM nd DAD)

When did u graduate??

What have you been doing since then?
Graduated at a very yound age, so my mum enrolled me for a diploma course and i just finished about 2 months ago...

Please Criticise this, what should i improve on, or what should i not say from the above.

Godbless thanks..

@Walspring
@theamerican
@femi312
@lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 9:46pm On May 21, 2018
Gewezzy1:
Am not married

Good, so can explain why the names are different then?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 9:48pm On May 21, 2018
sunshineluv5:
it's for 6months(from 1st November 2017 till date) and he's not into bureau de change he's into marketing activation. So what are you saying in essense through your criticism ? I thought personal statement of account has to do with good inflow and outflow and closing balance not numbers of pages?

Point of correction my statement didn’t criticize you at all, I only asked a question and I don’t know if asking such is wrong. Make you no vex.

Moreover I said you don’t need 621 pages, I expect you to think in way like I am suggested you should reduce 621 page rather than thinking am critizing you with the post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 9:57pm On May 21, 2018
Jcnmode:
OK thanks

Let’s give all the thanks to God

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.