Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916309 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gewezzy1(f): 12:33pm On May 20, 2018
Please what do i do, the name on my International passport is different from the names on my Certificates. Am confused what do i do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by afodam247: 12:44pm On May 20, 2018
Can we please look into this?

afodam247:
My interview was denied on Monday. This is my transcript
V.O: passport and i20
Me: gave her
V.o: what's your highest level of education
Me: told her bsc agric econs
V.o: when did u graduate
Me: 2013
V.o : what have you been doing since
Me: working as the VP in my father in-law school
V.o: who's sponsoring you
Me : i mention the name
V.o: what's ur relationship with him
Me : he's my father in-law
V.o: are u married, OK u said your father in-law so you are married
Me : yes I am married
V.o how did you hear about the school
Me: the school was recommended to me by a friend of mine who is currently studying there.. V.o Cuts in
V.o: so your friend is studying the same course
Me : yes she is.
V.o : am sorry I can't issue your .....
Brings out the blue paper
I still don't get her point. The guy that was her first interviewee was also a student and he answered all her question like he wake up and sleeps on this trend she denied him too. @theamerican, @lagosismyhome and every other gurus in the house pls share some light o. Am set to reapply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by RIchieSuazo(m): 2:13pm On May 20, 2018
sunshineluv5:
Sure sir he has his name and summary of the account ( start balance, and closing balance) at the front page. While a summary of the total pay in, total debits, and closing balance at the last page.

You're okay then

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by RIchieSuazo(m): 2:14pm On May 20, 2018
femi312:
1) You dont have to worry about expired F1 visa in the US so far your i20 is valid. You only need a visa to enter the US if you decide to travel to another country. However, some people renew in canada and mexico

2) This depends on your POE, some POEs confiscate some items while some POEs dont.

Okay.. thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 2:29pm On May 20, 2018
Gewezzy1:
Please what do i do, the name on my International passport is different from the names on my Certificates. Am confused what do i do

If you are married and a female i think that is not an issue, your marriage certificate should cover up for you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 2:45pm On May 20, 2018
sunshineluv5:
Hello house after i had requested my sponsor to give a statement of account for six months he decided to give me his personal soa here in nigeria with a good inflow and outflow and above the minimum balance my school requested. But the pages are kind of voluminous 621 pages because he runs lots of transactions daily hope i wont have a problem with the voluminous pages?

621 pages is it for 6 months or how many months ?

Also I wonder what kind of business he is doing for the statement to be in 621 page?

Is your sponsor bureau de change You don’t need 621 pages of bank statement for visa interview and since it’s not toefl or GRE official guide text book

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 2:51pm On May 20, 2018
jolowizzy11:
please guys where and how am I gonna pay the sevis fee....

Go to seme border or someone in US help you to make the payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 2:55pm On May 20, 2018
Gewezzy1:

Which of your certificate are your talking about?

You don’t need to be confused on that if you are married.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 3:31pm On May 20, 2018
grin grin savage reply

Walspring:

Also I wonder what kind of business he is doing for the statement to be in 621 page?

Is your sponsor bureau de change You don’t need 621 pages of bank statement for visa interview and since it’s not toefl or GRE official guide text book

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jcnmode: 3:33pm On May 20, 2018
Walspring:

I answered similar question like this. when they process and issue your i20 ask for the scan copy that you need it to process you visa appointment and sevis payment because you need the sevis number on your i20 to do both stuff
OK thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gewezzy1(f): 3:56pm On May 20, 2018
Walspring:

Which of your certificate are your talking about?

You don’t need to be confused on that if you are married.
Am not married
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 4:03pm On May 20, 2018
Walspring:

it's for 6months(from 1st November 2017 till date) and he's not into bureau de change he's into marketing activation. So what are you saying in essense through your criticism ? I thought personal statement of account has to do with good inflow and outflow and closing balance not numbers of pages?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Philadelphia: 4:14pm On May 20, 2018
To all those having their Visa interviews this week and next week, I wish you all God's grace and favor, Amen!

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by UzzyBreeze: 5:02pm On May 20, 2018
It's for 6months(from 1st November 2017 till date) and he's not into bureau de change he's into marketing activation. So what are you saying in essense through your criticism ? I thought personal statement of account has to do with good inflow and outflow and closing balance not numbers of pages?

That's too much of a page bro.
I'm sure you'll have to carry it a special bag cos it will be bulkier than most Further Maths textbooks.You can make it 2-3 months and that's if it's still not bulky.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 5:21pm On May 20, 2018
Walspring:

Go to seme border or someone in US help you to make the payment.
thanks @walspring ..if I pay trough a person from the u.s. how am I gonna get the receipt ?...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by GraceofGodfollo: 5:40pm On May 20, 2018
UzzyBreeze:
It's for 6months(from 1st November 2017 till date) and he's not into bureau de change he's into marketing activation. So what are you saying in essense through your criticism ? I thought personal statement of account has to do with good inflow and outflow and closing balance not numbers of pages?

That's too much of a page bro.
I'm sure you'll have to carry it a special bag cos it will be bulkier than most Further Maths textbooks.You can make it 2-3 months and that's if it's still not bulky.

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Josh4wod: 5:57pm On May 20, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 20, 2018
StarBoy54:
??
sup you've heard from Morgan State University or want to connect? pm me!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NYPD: 6:33pm On May 20, 2018
afodam247:
My interview was denied on Monday. This is my transcript
V.O: passport and i20
Me: gave her
V.o: what's your highest level of education
Me: told her bsc agric econs
V.o: when did u graduate
Me: 2013
V.o : what have you been doing since
Me: working as the VP in my father in-law school
V.o: who's sponsoring you
Me : i mention the name
V.o: what's ur relationship with him
Me : he's my father in-law
V.o: are u married, OK u said your father in-law so you are married
Me : yes I am married
V.o how did you hear about the school
Me: the school was recommended to me by a friend of mine who is currently studying there.. V.o Cuts in
V.o: so your friend is studying the same course
Me : yes she is.
V.o : am sorry I can't issue your .....
Brings out the blue paper
I still don't get her point. The guy that was her first interviewee was also a student and he answered all her question like he wake up and sleeps on this trend she denied him too. @theamerican, @lagosismyhome and every other gurus in the house pls share some light o. Am set to reapply

You are only going to play with your friend you are not going to study.

When ask how you heard of a school you should be able to give intelligent precise answers. Speak on how you searched for schools using Google usnews e.t.c and how you picked this school because of the rank or how they offered a specialization which you are really intrested in and no other school qas offering. Speak on the diversity, theres so much to speak on. My friend recommended it to me is just a weak crowned answer.

Stop all of this my friend bull shit... A prospective masters student should be able to make simple choices not asking a friend...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:23pm On May 20, 2018
Evening house, which do you think us better and advisable. Should I just start and take GRE exam or first look for schools before taking the exam. Or taking the exam first and look for schools. Am undergoing NYSC now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by los0550(f): 9:25pm On May 20, 2018
Hi guys, I have my interview in a few days. My sponsor is my uncle and he has the sufficient money he intend to use to fund my grad studies in his Stanbic IBTC Money Market Funds which can be withdrawn within 24hours. Will this be a sufficient proof of funding for the visa interview?

If not, can I take both his salary account(without the complete amount on my i20) and this Money Market Fund statement to show his capability to fund my studies.

I look forward to your response.

I just want to be sure since some people have posted stuff on liquid fund.

Thanks guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:37pm On May 20, 2018
sunshineluv5:
Hello house after i had requested my sponsor to give a statement of account for six months he decided to give me his personal soa here in nigeria with a good inflow and outflow and above the minimum balance my school requested. But the pages are kind of voluminous 621 pages because he runs lots of transactions daily hope i wont have a problem with the voluminous pages?

621 is a lot sha .... a whole lot. Maybe you take 3 months instead of 6
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by afodam247: 10:33pm On May 20, 2018
Hmm, thanks man. I will improve on that. Thanks God bless you

NYPD:

When ask how you heard of a school you should be able to give intelligent precise answers. Speak on how you searched for schools using Google usnews e.t.c and how you picked this school because of the rank or how they offered a specialization which you are really intrested in and no other school qas offering. Speak on the diversity, theres so much to speak on. My friend recommended it to me is just a weak crowned answer.

Stop all of this my friend bull shit... A prospective masters student should be able to make simple choices not asking a friend...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:38pm On May 20, 2018
It's now exactly 3 year that I lost my very dear friend Opeyemi Fashola aka Gr8ever (May 20th, 2015) but exactly four years that you got your US student visa. (May 20th, 2014).

Opeyem Fashola aka Gr8ever, am thinking about those days but at the same time I imagine how I went bitter for a whole day and how the struggling dictate, my brother we really set the pace and we all came in to scale through the big gate of SAT where I met you in person for the first time.

I must let the whole world know that I and others on this thread miss you and every moment we spent together especially on every first Saturday of the every month...

Rest in perfect peace

Now I see you in a better place (see you in a better)

In WIZ KHALIFA song.

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.
We've come a long way from where we began, Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again
(Hey)
Now I see you in a better place (see you in a better)

19 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 10:40pm On May 20, 2018
LagosismyHome:

621 is a lot sha .... a whole lot. Maybe you take 3 months instead of 6
Thanks mami noted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by muritalaolaide(f): 11:03pm On May 20, 2018
Does anyone that has been denied visa between 6month able to schedule an appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 11:41pm On May 20, 2018
What if it was actually recommended by a friend, Are you suggesting he fabricates another answer?

NYPD:

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tiana94: 1:22am On May 21, 2018
Hi love. I attend TAMUC. Business Analytics department. It's an amazing school. Amazing beyond words. I had plans of changing schools. But I decided otherwise.
You won't regret TAMUC. The only challenge is the transportation issue. First thing you do as soon as you arrive is to get a car.

I started spring this year. And I work as a graduate assistant. I earn about $1100 working 20 hours a week. And i also pay instate tuition. I am also expecting 2 scholarships later this year.
Cost of living in commerce is less than 500 dollars a month. And if you don't want to live in commerce, you can always live in Dallas and shuttle.

I promise you would love it here.

Take care and good luck❤

abiolaadeleke:
Good evening house ,I'm just new here ,a friend told me how this site has been helpful.

I recently got an admission to Texas A&M Commerce to study my Master's Degree in Business Analytics. I graduated from the University of Ilorin & I graduated with a GPA of 4.11 of 5.0 scale. I wrote GRE & TOEFL in 2017 August ,where I scored 309 in my GRE and in TOEFL I had 104,I also got an out state tuition waiver. My question now is that is Texas A&M Commerce a reputable school to attend ? Because i don't have anybody in that school and my friend that introduced me to nairaland is studying Business Analytics as well @ University of Connecticut. My reason for choosing Texas is that my dad & mum are staying in Dallas Texas and they will be taking good care of my tuition and expenses.

Kindly please enlighten me more on my selection of this school ,I also applied to other school's as well ,but because my parent are in Texas that's why I opted for Texas .

Bigfrancis,
Lagosismyhome,
Walspring,
Bikey,
Twood.

I hope to hear from you soonest Sir/Ma.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tiana94: 1:33am On May 21, 2018
Come to Texas A and M university commerce!!! The Ms. Accounting programme is amazing! My friend graduated this summer and she already works with E.Y. and they are filing for her and also paying for her professional exams!
Accountants from Texas A and M university never end up jobless.

knoph2007:
I need view on this:
Hnd accounting 3.25/4
Bsc accounting 4.19/5
Msc finance 3.93/5
Associate Chartered Accountant
Gre exam:
Qt 161
Verbal 143
Total 304
Analytical 3
8 years working experience
My prospective schools phd accounting for fall 2019 are:
1. Havard University
2. Texas A&M university.
What are my chances with the gre score with these schools or do i re-do it?

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 2:26am On May 21, 2018
Tiana94:
Hi love. I attend TAMUC. Business Analytics department. It's an amazing school. Amazing beyond words. I had plans of changing schools. But I decided otherwise.
You won't regret TAMUC. The only challenge is the transportation issue. First thing you do as soon as you arrive is to get a car.

I started spring this year. And I work as a graduate assistant. I earn about $1100 working 20 hours a week. And i also pay instate tuition. I am also expecting 2 scholarships later this year.
Cost of living in commerce is less than 500 dollars a month. And if you don't want to live in commerce, you can always live in Dallas and shuttle.

I promise you would love it here.

I can put you through all you need to know about the school.

Take care and good luck❤

Good one. What is the health insurance waiver policy for graduate assistants in your school?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tiana94: 3:37am On May 21, 2018
Health insurance is paid for by the university for all graduate assistants. You would get your health card 1 week after you start working.

quote author=bigfrancis21 post=67736077]

Good one. What is the health insurance waiver policy for graduate assistants in your school?[/quote]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.