Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration (15956 Views)

Best Way To Congratulate A Muslim On The Day Of Eid / Ruling On Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian NY / Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Dindondin(m): 9:50am On Dec 16, 2017
yazach:
[[s]quote author=Dindondin post=63320986]Your post denotes someone that has issues with reasoning. [/s]

He pain am well well
No, there's nothing like pain here. But you are still a lier & hate inciting human. I see you love canceling posts. It only makes you look unintelligent cos the post are still readable
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Dindondin(m): 10:16am On Dec 16, 2017
dultmax:

So God himself didnt call them christians....the people of antioch did. And even the patriarch (peter, paul and other disciples) were even the ones the people of antioch referred to as christians...well you refer to the book of acts.....pls show me the verse.

But from your points, check the validity of those sentences and see for yourself if it is correct.

JESUS NEVER CALLS HIMSELF A CHRISTIAN....dont call him what he doesnt call himself
Nobody is naming Jesus the name that he doesn't deserve. I m not here for a debate on Jesus's name. Nor am I here for debating that it's until God calls Peter, Paul & the Disciples Christians before we can address them with that name. I m here to counter Yazach's hate post which is at the beginning of this thread.
Meanehile, cos of your lack of Biblical understanding, read Acts 11 Vs 26.
Screenshot is attached below incase you don't v a Bible. The people that started Christianity were addressed by that name at first in Antioch. They started the 1st Church in Jerusalem.

Lastly, religion is about belief, I respect some Muslims. But I detest fanatics be it as a Christian, Buddhist or Muslim or any religion.
Why?
Cos they are responsible for misinterpretation, confusion & incitement that's causing religious chaos in the world & to cap it all, terrorism.
Good day!

1 Like

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 11:04am On Dec 16, 2017
[s]
nellyelitz:
when last did guys start handing people to creator? Don't you fight and kill to appeas your Creator ...
[/s]
Continue
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 11:07am On Dec 16, 2017
Dindondin:

Nobody is naming Jesus the name that he doesn't deserve. I m not here for a debate on Jesus's name. Nor am I here for debating that it's until God calls Peter, Paul & the Disciples Christians before we can address them with that name. I m here to counter Yazach's hate post which is at the beginning of this thread.
Screenshot is attached below incase you don't v a Bible. The people that started Christianity were addressed by that name at first in Antioch. They started the 1st Church in Jerusalem.

Lastly, religion is about belief, I respect some Muslims. But I detest fanatics be it as a Christian, Buddhist or Muslim or any religion.
Why?
Cos they are responsible for misinterpretation, confusion & incitement that's causing religious chaos in the world & to cap it all, terrorism.
Good day!

This guy has good and outstanding response for you

dultmax::

So God himself didnt call them christians....the people of antioch did. And even the patriarch (peter, paul and other disciples) were even the ones the people of antioch referred to as christians...well you refer to the book of acts.....pls show me the verse.

But from your points, check the validity of those sentences and see for yourself if it is correct.

JESUS NEVER CALLS HIMSELF A CHRISTIAN....dont call him what he doesnt call himself
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by mallamabdul25: 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
WHY DON'T YOU START TAKING CARE OF YOUR FELLOW WRETCHED MUSLIMS BY TELLING THEM TO STOP BEGGING AND RECEIVING ALMS FROM "DISBELIEVERS", DUMB AND BRAIN DEAD HATER.
yazach:
Question:

What is the ruling on congratulating the disbelievers on their celebration e.g Christmas ? And how do we respond to them if they greet us with it.

And is it permissible to go to the places where they are having celebrations for that purpose. And does the person (Muslim) take a sin if he does the aforementioned without any intent? Rather he only does it being courteous, or due to shyness or due to being put in an awkward situation, or due to some other reasons. And is it permissible to resemble them in this?

Answer:

Congratulating the disbelievers on their Christmas celebration or other than that from their religious holidays is not permissible according to the consensus. As was related by Ibn Al Qayyim, may Allah have mercy upon him, in his book The ruling on the people beneath the Muslim protection [Ahkham Ad Dhimmah — أحكام أهل الذمة] when he said:

“As for congratulating the disbelievers for their religious ceremonies that have kufr (disbelief) attached to it, then it is not permissible according to the consensus. For example congratulating them for their holidays or their fasts, so the person says, ‘May you have a bless holiday’, or he wishes them well for their holiday or something like that. So this, if the one who says it escapes from falling into kufr (disbelief), is (still) from the impermissible things. And it is on the same level as congratulating them for prostrating to the cross. Rather it is a greater sin with Allah. And it is a more severe abomination than to congratulate them for drinking alcohol and killing someone, committing illegal sexual intercourse and things of this nature. And many of the people who don’t have any religion (or respect for the religion) fall into this. And he doesn’t know the ugliness (evil) of what he has done. So whoever congratulates a person for committing sins, or innovations, or disbelief, then he has exposed himself to the hate, wrath (anger) of Allah.”

End of the Shaykh’s (Ibn Al Qayyim) speech may Allah have mercy upon him.

Shaykh Uthaymeen continues:

So congratulating the disbelievers on the religious holidays is not permissible, as shown by the proof brought by Ibn Al Qayyim. Because in it, (congratulating the kufar on their religious holidays) is an approval for what they are upon from their kufr ceremonies, and showing them that you are please with it. Even if the person is not pleased with the actual kufr itself, it is also not permissible for the Muslim to be pleased with kufr ceremonies, or to congratulate them for it. Because Allah the Exalted is not pleased with that, as Allah the Exalted says,

“If you disbelieve, then verily, Allah is not in need of you, He likes not disbelief for His slaves. And if you are grateful (by being believers), He is pleased therewith for you.”

(Surah Az Zumar, Chapter 39 verse 7)

And the Exalted says,

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.”

(Surah Al Ma'idah, Chapter 5 verse 3)

So congratulating them with this is not permissible whether this person is your co worker or not. So if they greet us with their holiday greeting we don’t respond to them with it, because it’s not our holiday, and they are holidays that Allah is not pleased with, and because it is something that is either innovated in their religion, or it was legislated but has since been abrogated by the deen of Islam that which Muhammad peace and blessing be upon him, was sent with to all of the creation. And He (Allah) says about it (Islam)

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers”

(Surah Ale Imran, Chapter 3 verse 85)

And for the Muslim to accept their invitations to these occasions (holiday celebrations) is haram. (Impermissible) Because this is worst than congratulating them with it, because this would entail participating with them in this. Also it is haram for the Muslim to imitate the disbelievers by establishing celebrations for these occasions, or to exchanges gifts, or

to distribute sweets, or trays of food, or to stop work or anything like this. Due to the statement of the Prophet (ﷺ)

“Whoever imitates a people is from them”

[Narrated by Abu Dawood in his Sunan, no. 3512; Classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 2691].

Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said in his book,

“Follow the straight path and oppose the path to the fire,” Imitating them in some of their celebration causes happiness in their hearts for what they are upon from false hood. And it is possible that this might encourage them to take advantage of this opportunity to humiliate the weak minded”.

End of his (Shaykhul Islam ibn Taymiyyah’s) speech. May Allah have mercy upon him.

And whoever does anything from this is a sinner. And it is the same whether he did it being courteous, or seeking friendship, or due to shyness, or any other reason, because this is from being deceitful in the deen of Allah. And this is from the reasons that reinforce the psyche of the disbelievers and to make them proud of their deen.

— Shaykh Saalih ibn Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah)

[The above is a summary translation of a post taken from sahab.net. Translated by Rasheed Estes Barbee
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Ridwan1821: 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2017
Dindondin:

Why?
Good day!
Yazach's post is not an hate post. Islam is a Religion built on Monotheism. As a Muslim, congratulating people of other beliefs on their holy days means you are acknowledging that there are other gods that are worthy of worship. Meanwhile, you have to attest that there is no God worthy of worship except Allah for you to be a Muslim. That's the reason why such felicitations are acts of disbelief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by mallamabdul25: 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2017
WHO NEEDS THE MUSLIM CONGRATULATIONS, THEY WILL BE WISHING YOU WELL WITH THEIR MOUTH AND WISHING YOU DEATH IN THEIR MIND, BUNCH OF GENETIC AND DIRTY HATERS.
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by mallamabdul25: 1:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
THIS IS THE MOST STUPID AND RUBBISH THREAD I'VE READ ON NAIRA LAND

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Dindondin(m): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2017
Ridwan1821:
Yazach's post is not an hate post. Islam is a Religion built on Monotheism. As a Muslim, congratulating people of other beliefs on their holy days means you are acknowledging that there are other gods that are worthy of worship. Meanwhile, you have to attest that there is no God worthy of worship except Allah for you to be a Muslim. That's the reason why such felicitations are acts of disbelief.
And no Muslim should cry foul if they don't greet or celebrate with them. Also beneficiaries of Christian scholarships, aids, grants, trust funds, educational foundation etc that are Muslims should pls honestly turn down such benefits. It should not be Christmas food alone that ll give you & Yazach headache.
The earlier the better you understand that Allah didn't send you all this Jihadi pattern messages the better for you all.
Pls withdraw from any free thing that has Christian or any other religious origin.
The world is not for Muslims alone, especially hypocrites like you else you are another loser!
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Ridwan1821: 2:08pm On Dec 16, 2017
Dindondin:

And no Muslim should cry foul if they don't greet or celebrate with them. Also beneficiaries of Christian scholarships, aids, grants, trust funds, educational foundation etc that are Muslims should pls honestly turn down such benefits. It should not be Christmas food alone that ll give you & Yazach headache.
The earlier the better you understand that Allah didn't send you all this Jihadi pattern messages the better for you all.
Pls withdraw from any free thing that has Christian or any other religious origin.
The world is not for Muslims alone, especially hypocrites like you.
Lol. Seriously, this is a minor issue.
If you claim to be a Monotheist, you won't recognize any god except the one you are worshipping not to talk of congratulating people of other beleifs on their holy days.
That is the situation here. This does not mean Muslims should not accept things from others on basis not related to religion. I have Christian friends and I do collect gifts from them on normal basis. The reason for the giving out of these gifts is what will decide whether to accept them or not.

It is permissible to congratulate or felicitate with people of other beliefs when they do things that are not related to religion.
E.g Graduation, Promotion, Employment, e.t.c.

You talked about scholarships, aids, grants, Educational foundation et all.
It is permissible to accept them as far as they are not given on the basis of Religion.

And as for the beggers, the reason why they are not committing sins by accepting xmas gifts is because they have no option as they cannot fend for themselves. Had it been that they can fend for themselves, then it would have been impermissible for them.

This does not mean we hate Christians. What it mean is that we do not acknowledge who they worship as God. It should not bring chaos to the society.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Dindondin(m): 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
yazach:

Your Monika self dindondin grin
My moniker is giving you goosebumps abi?
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Dindondin(m): 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
Ridwan1821:
If you claim to be a Monotheist, you won't recognize any god except the one you are worshipping not to talk of congratulating people of other beleifs on their holy days.
That is the situation here. This does not mean Muslims should not accept things from others on basis not related to religion. I have Christian friends and I do collect gifts from them on normal basis. The reason for the giving out of these gifts is what will decide whether to accept them or not.

It is permissible to congratulate or felicitate with people of other beliefs when they do things that are not related to religion.

It is permissible to accept them as far as they are not given on the basis of Religion.

And as for the beggers, the reason why they are not committing sins by accepting xmas gifts is because they have no option as they cannot fend for themselves. Had it been that they can fend for themselves, then it would have been impermissible for them.

This does not mean we hate Christians. What it mean is that we do not acknowledge who they worship as God. It should not bring chaos to the society.
Take two bottles of stout. 1 for being having understanding, and the 2nd for being a better learner than the op.
Cos your op didn't exonerate beggars or helpless Muslims.
And to my argument, some foundations, scholarships etc where created in celebration of life of a Christian or a Christian belief. Tell your fellow Muslims to reject such goodies.
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Ridwan1821: 2:24pm On Dec 16, 2017
Dindondin:
Take two bottles of stout. 1 for being having understanding, and the 2nd for being a better learner than the op.
Cos your op didn't exonerate beggars or helpless Muslims.
And to my argument, some foundations, scholarships etc where created in celebration of life of a Christian or a Christian belief. Tell your fellow Muslims to reject such goodies.
Stouttt, funny you. Okay Sir, I'm very happy with the fact that you understood me. Thanks
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Dindondin(m): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
Ridwan1821:
Stouttt, funny you. Okay Sir, I'm very happy with the fact that you understood me. Thanks
The stout was a comic post. Welcome
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Ridwan1821: 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2017
Dindondin:
The stout was a comic post. Welcome
I understand. That was the reason why I said FUNNY YOU.
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2017
Ridwan1821:

I don tell am tired but he be like your friend malvisguy

I even told him that he would never eat Ogun sacrifice food

I guess his moniker is the real problem here Dindondin: grin grin grin grin
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Ridwan1821: 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2017
yazach:

I don tell am tired but he be like your friend malvisguy

I even told him that he would never eat Ogun sacrifice food

I guess his moniker is the real problem here Dindondin: grin grin grin grin
Lol. Understanding is the most important thing here. I really like the moniker Dindondin.. I do hear names like that in my hood (Ajegunle).
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by sorextee(m): 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2017
At least I like how u detailed this one.
Although its kinda strange, not accepting xmas gifts and all...

The Muslims in my area, or rather, my Muslim frnds that do come around during Xmas to celebrate with me, are u guys now saying they are not pious Muslims?
I still love my Muslim frnds tho cos we live like families. They aint fanatics like some haters here..

During sallah too, we invade their houses too, to eat and celebrate. That's the LOVE and ONENESS that Jesus said in the Bible.

I dnt know which one Islamic Allah is saying in the Quran sha.

Ridwan1821:

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Ridwan1821: 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2017
sorextee:
At least I like how u detailed this one.
Although its kinda strange, not accepting xmas gifts and all...

The Muslims in my area, or rather, my Muslim frnds that do come around during Xmas to celebrate with me, are u guys now saying they are not pious Muslims?
I still love my Muslim frnds tho cos we live like families. They aint fanatics like some haters here..

During sallah too, we invade their houses too, to eat and celebrate. That's the LOVE and ONENESS that Jesus said in the Bible.

I dnt know which one Islamic Allah is saying in the Quran sha.

Thanks Sir. It's not every Muslims that know about the permissibility, that's why we are doing a kind of enlightenment as Xmas is drawing closer. Many Muslims always assume its a normal thing. When I was in secondary school, I use to take meats to school for my classmates after Sallah and we use to collect Xmas gifts as well.. I was ignorant about the fact that the latter is not permissible. Your friends might not know about all these, so I can't say they are not pious.
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by VitaminB12(m): 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
yazach:
[[s]quote author=VitaminB12 post=63315740] Are Catholics, Muslims? Or do they practice Islamabad?

You are just a brainwashed pathetic loser. Take it or leave it, you were born in one of the years of our Lord eg 1980 AD, and by next 3 weeks Friday being 5/1/2018, you will go and slam your head for the first new year prayer according to a Christian calendar, the Gregorian. [/s]

You really need vitamin B
I can supply you coz your brain is really deficient of vitamins from series of head slamming
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
[s]
VitaminB12:
I can supply you coz your brain is really deficient of vitamins from series of head slamming
[/s]

Thanks! that won't be needed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Evidence That Muhammad Was A Prophet / Can A Muslim Join the Freemasons Without Losing His Faith? / Divorce And Remarriage, Weird Laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.