Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival (13888 Views)

Best Way To Congratulate A Muslim On The Day Of Eid / Ruling On A Muslim Man Marrying A Non-muslim Woman And Vice Versa / Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Lukgaf(m): 4:47am On Dec 25, 2020
It is permissible for you to accept the gift from your Christian neighbour on the day of their festival, subject to the following conditions:

1 – This gift should not be meat that has been slaughtered for the festival.

2 – It should not be something that may be used to help in imitating them on the day of their festival, such as candles, eggs, palm leaves etc.

3 – You should explain to your children the belief in al-wala’ wa’l-bara’ (loyalty and friendship vs. disavowal and enmity), lest a love of this festival or a fondness for the giver be instilled in their hearts.

4 – The gift should be accepted with the aim of softening her heart and calling her to Islam, not with friendship and love.

If the gift is something that it is not permissible to accept, then the refusal to accept it should be accompanied by an explanation of why it is being refused, such as saying, “We only refused your gift because it is meat that was slaughtered for the festival, and it is not permissible for us to eat it, or these things are only accepted by those who are taking part in the celebrations, and we do not celebrate this festival, because it is not part of our religion, and it involves beliefs that we do not believe in” and so on, which is a starting point for calling them to Islam and explaining the danger of the kufr that they follow.

The Muslim should be proud of his religion and apply its rulings, and he should not give them up out of shyness or to impress anyone, for Allaah is more deserving of us feeling shy before Him.

And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/85108/accepting-a-gift-from-a-kaafir-on-the-day-of-his-festival

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by osamz007: 4:49am On Dec 25, 2020

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:48am On Dec 25, 2020
4 – The gift should be accepted with the aim of softening her heart and calling her to Islam, not with friendship and love.

Still, no friendship nor love. Just the aim of converting. But if you say you want to leave, a fatwa will be declared on your head to be killed anyway you are found. Apostate.

But you are willingly and happily converting people, who can't leave.

154 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Kamelot77(m): 8:18am On Dec 25, 2020
Am still going to eat chicken today, their is nothing bad in it.......Christan are part of halu kitab

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by sunshineV(f): 10:12am On Dec 25, 2020
people wey dey mard. i'm muslim and we kill chicken. fvck ur prison mental religion

164 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:14am On Dec 25, 2020
Ignorance.....im a muslim too but i don't believe in these trash u put up there.

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2020
Who cares.. Jihadi Lukgaf your brain ought to tell you celebrating Jesus Christ should be your priority, A living King that's alive till today, Your Messiah that was poisoned like Muhammad

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by ahiboilandgas: 10:16am On Dec 25, 2020
Lukgaf:

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/85108/accepting-a-gift-from-a-kaafir-on-the-day-of-his-festival
how come muslim refugees are busy trying to get to Europe for succour? Why not saudi? Then the US has been the largest donor of aid to Palestine...so Palestine govt dont know about this your fatwa? Or african extreme Islam differ

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Afritop(m): 10:19am On Dec 25, 2020
Yet their gifts in exchange are throwing Bombs, bombing everywhere angry

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Chiprince007(m): 10:19am On Dec 25, 2020
Don't accept the gift because of friendship,but do it so you can soften the heart for conversion

Islam is trash

Stay away from Islam

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by belente(m): 10:23am On Dec 25, 2020
This is Mohammed Salah of Liverpool cerebrating Christmas with his family

131 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by wiringdpt(m): 10:24am On Dec 25, 2020
Religious people are they most retarded

4 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by ProudBoy: 10:26am On Dec 25, 2020
Taaah. I dy my friend house dy chop like this. You people should stop making Islam difficult.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by futurerex: 10:28am On Dec 25, 2020
I hope una holy pass all the prophets sha! Hypocrites.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by advocatejare(m): 10:29am On Dec 25, 2020
Muhammad and Allah never hid their hatred for Christians and Jews, and that's what they passed down to you his followers. There's nothing like love your neighbours as yourself in Islam.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads force him to go to the narrowest part of it.
-Sahih muslim 2167a

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: If I live - if Allah wills - I will expel the Jews and the Christians from the Arabian Peninsula.
-Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

Jabir bin ‘Abd Allah said that he was told by ‘Umar bin Al Khattab that he heard the Apostle of Allaah(ﷺ) say “I will certainly expel the Jews and the Christians from Arabia and I shall leave only Muslims in it.”
-Sunan Abi Dawud 3030

يٰٓأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا لَا تَتَّخِذُوا الْيَهُودَ وَالنَّصٰرٰىٓ أَوْلِيَآءَ  ۘ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَآءُ بَعْضٍ  ۚ وَمَنْ يَتَوَلَّهُمْ مِّنْكُمْ فَإِنَّهُۥ مِنْهُمْ  ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِى الْقَوْمَ الظّٰلِمِينَ
"O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 51)

Religion of hate

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by ChimuchiYola(f): 10:29am On Dec 25, 2020
I totally disagree with this post.... I am a Muslim and I can eat and celebrate Christmas with my christian sisters and christian boyfriend...

If care is not taken he will still fvck my puna today sef

It is not a sin

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by futurerex: 10:30am On Dec 25, 2020
IdisuleOurOwn:

Still, no friendship nor love. Just the aim of converting. But if you say you want to leave, a fatwa will be declared on your head to be killed anyway you are found. Apostate.

Religion of piss indeed.

20 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Newnas(m): 10:34am On Dec 25, 2020
Kamelot77:
Am still going to eat chicken today, their is nothing bad in it.......Christan are part of halu kitab

Their food and meat is permissible to eat but their festive foods, meat and gift are impermissible because you're tacitly approving their disbelief in Allaah and claim that He begot a son.

5 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by smartty68(m): 10:35am On Dec 25, 2020
The problem with Islam are the interpreters(scholars) and the followers who swallow every nonsense hook, line and sinker.

Imagine point 4.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Newnas(m): 10:37am On Dec 25, 2020
IdisuleOurOwn:

Islam commands us to do good and justice to our non-Muslim neighbours, colleagues and family members.

More importantly, the greatest love you can show to someone is guidance to Islam. What kind of lover is a lover that doesn't care whether their beloved family or neighboir ends up in hell for eternity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by UnBanEbenezer(f): 10:38am On Dec 25, 2020
ChimuchiYola:
I totally disagree with this post.... I am a Muslim and I can eat and celebrate Christmas with my christian sisters and christian boyfriend...

It is not a sin
mad people boku for this forum Sha embarassed

16 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:50am On Dec 25, 2020
Newnas:

Islam commands us to do good and justice to our non-Muslim neighbours, colleagues and family members.

More importantly, the greatest love you can show to someone is guidance to Islam. What kind of lover is a lover that doesn't care whether their beloved family or neighboir ends up in hell for eternity.

And if the person after converting decide to leave
But the other religion promise paradise and hell fire also. Christianity was there before Islam.

You will be happy if you convert someone child to Islam, how will you feel if someone converts your child?

18 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by eddynaira125: 10:50am On Dec 25, 2020
Mumu religion

Bunch of idiot including the OP

19 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by KIDfurniture(m): 10:51am On Dec 25, 2020
Why all this post nah.. why? Why are we so divided ? Islam or muslim I dont understand una at all. I love muslim women so much ...I dislike the fanatics such as the poster of this nonsense.. I dislike freaks... hypocrites.. no wonder they ask their women to cover from head to legs.. while their men knack upandan

10 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by aisha2008(m): 10:51am On Dec 25, 2020
I don’t understand all this Salafi people. Just a question for the poster. If you refused to relate to the Christian and Jews how will you invite them to your religion

7 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Canberra55: 10:54am On Dec 25, 2020
Lukgaf, why must everything in Islam be done with deceit? So while your neighbor is busy planning to bless you with chicken, you and allah are busy scheming to deceive your neighbors to believe you actually received the gift out of love and sincerity. INDEED ALLAH AND MUSLIMS ARE THE BEST OF DECEIVERS .

Why can't anything in Islam be 100% plain and open without anythin hidden? Does your religion thrive on anything but DECEPTION. If you know your only reason for accepting the chicken is because you're trying to convert, let them know so they can go and give d rice to somebody that'll accept it for the sake of open love .

Lukgaf:

23 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by nurez305(m): 10:56am On Dec 25, 2020
ChimuchiYola:

It is not a sin
what an olosho kid
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Newnas(m): 10:58am On Dec 25, 2020
IdisuleOurOwn:

And if the person after converting decide to leave
But the other religion promise paradise and hell fire also. Christianity was there before Islam.

You will be happy if you convert someone child to Islam, how will you feel if someone converts your child?

God forbid that my child ever becomes an disbeliever.

But then, once everyone becomes an adult, they have the freedom to choose whatever religion they wish. A parent can only try their best. Their are prophets whose children or wives were chose disbelief.

Regarding an apostate. In an Islamic state, apostasy is treason. Treason carries death penalty everywhere except that what counts as treason may vary from law to law.

Christianity wasn't there before Islam. The religion of all prophets is one; the pure creed of Islamic monotheism. You may check the first of the ten commandments to confirm this.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by oloyedewaris(m): 10:58am On Dec 25, 2020
The problem is why are some Xtians also against celebrating Xmas

3 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by ujampie: 10:59am On Dec 25, 2020
You guys keep making Islam look so irritating and terrible..... u are taking someone's food on his festive period to convert him?...... isn't that the highest height of foolishness...... I weep for such a hateful religion.... God forbid

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? / Eid Ul Adha (ileya) 2022 Is On The 9th Of July / It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.