Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,241 members, 7,836,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Rocha's Okorocha Refers To Atiku's Departure- Blasts Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rocha's Okorocha Refers To Atiku's Departure- Blasts Tinubu (889 Views)

Budget Padding: You’re Ignorant And Dubious, Dogara Blasts Tinubu / 'Tinubu The Afonja': Reno Omokri Blasts Tinubu For Insulting Obasanjo / Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Rocha's Okorocha Refers To Atiku's Departure- Blasts Tinubu by Barondenigeria: 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
Governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha has reacted to the departure of Atiku Abubakar to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Okorocha, while speaking to Journalists in Ondo state after receiving a honorary doctorate degree from the Adekunle Ajasin University on Wednesday said;

“I have taken a holistic view of our party, it (Atiku’s exit ) is not the best because no matter how anybody thinks, Atiku carries some political weight. His leaving our party is not the best.”

Okorochas advice the PAC to get over Atiku’s loss and fill up the gap he left.

He also bared his thoughts on party national leader, Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s statements that no automatic ticket will be given to Buhari for the 2019 elections. He said;

“The (Tinubu’s) statement came to me as a surprise, come to think of it, I never referred to him. I refer to the governors of Nigeria including the PDP governors and I said only one or two of them have not joined yet.

Since I made the statement, no governor has said something contrary to what I said. I am surprised that Asiwaju will now be speaking for the governors. He looks like somebody crying more than the bereaved.

I did not see reason for the statement actually. But he commands my respect and I don’t want to join issue with the National Leader of my party.

What I mentioned was for the governors and secondly what I said is support.The word I use is support that does not mean there will not be primary.Governors can only contribute only 37 votes, we still have over 5, 000 votes up there. What I was talking about was governors.

I was not talking about other party members. Governors alone do not determine the flagbearer of a party.If you recall, I said but for Buhari, I would have run for the presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.But I found in him a man credible and he still has four years term to do.”
https://politicsngr.com/2017/12/10/rochas-okorocha-reacts-atikus-departure-apc-attacks-tinubu/

Re: Rocha's Okorocha Refers To Atiku's Departure- Blasts Tinubu by yesloaded: 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
I dont know about politics, let me just focus on my business & blog about what will benefit the masses
Re: Rocha's Okorocha Refers To Atiku's Departure- Blasts Tinubu by Xeedorf: 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2017
Statue..

1 Like

Re: Rocha's Okorocha Refers To Atiku's Departure- Blasts Tinubu by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2017
Useless Tinubu shocked
Re: Rocha's Okorocha Refers To Atiku's Departure- Blasts Tinubu by Paperwhite(m): 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
Every APC fella is a zombie but not everyone is a Sai Baba zombie.

1 Like

Re: Rocha's Okorocha Refers To Atiku's Departure- Blasts Tinubu by bedspread: 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2017
CONFUSED SET OF PEOPLE!!!
Re: Rocha's Okorocha Refers To Atiku's Departure- Blasts Tinubu by Mynd44: 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2017

(1)

Buhari' Latest Appointment Scandal Gets Messier, Dalung Apologizes. / Fani Kayode Called Vice President Osinbajo A Coward / Kwara Gov. Sacks Femi Adebayo, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.