Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

EFCC Lacks Power To Prosecute Serving Judges-appeal Court. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Lacks Power To Prosecute Serving Judges-appeal Court. (482 Views)

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: Buhari Lacks Power To Restrict Movement In Lagos, Abuja / Seyi Makinde Visits Obasanjo, Says AGF Lacks Power To Declare Amotekun Illegal / Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

EFCC Lacks Power To Prosecute Serving Judges-appeal Court. by Paperwhite(m): 5:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
EFCC lacks powers to prosecute serving judges, Court of Appeal rules

The Lagos Division of the Court of Appeal has ruled that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission does not have powers to investigate or prosecute serving judicial officers except where such officers have been dismissed by the National Judicial Council.
The judgment was delivered in a suit between the EFCC and a judge of the Federal High Court, Hydiazira Nganjiwa.
The appellate court’s decision overturned the earlier decision of a high court in Lagos.
Many serving judges including from the Supreme Court are currently being prosecuted for corruption by the EFCC.
Details later…
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/252123-efcc-lacks-powers-to-prosecute-serving-judges-court-of-appeal-rules.html#click=https:///Lo4bUtyYXu
Re: EFCC Lacks Power To Prosecute Serving Judges-appeal Court. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2017
VICTORY FOR THE RULE OF LAW

If EFCC like, they should appeal to supreme court, they will meet NJC there.

How can you say Judges do not have immunity.

Have you forgotten that they must be totally independent?

Even the Nigeria Police Force also knows this.

How can EFCC bring a case to my court and perhaps because I did not connive with them, they now go ahead and harass me at home, then come back to say I should step down because they want to investigate me.

If that charade is allowed, then it amounts to usurping the duties of the NJC.
The NJC remains the only police within the judiciary.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Lacks Power To Prosecute Serving Judges-appeal Court. by princeade86(m): 5:50pm On Dec 11, 2017
did they at humility?
Re: EFCC Lacks Power To Prosecute Serving Judges-appeal Court. by princeade86(m): 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2017
did they av humility?
Re: EFCC Lacks Power To Prosecute Serving Judges-appeal Court. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 11, 2017
princeade86:
did they av humility?

LOL.. you mean immunity
Re: EFCC Lacks Power To Prosecute Serving Judges-appeal Court. by Mynd44: 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2017

(1)

Zahra Buhari & Husband Celebrate First Wedding Anniversary With Sweet Words / IPOB Has Done Wickedness. / PHOTOS:PDP Chairman Meet With BOT Members 18th December 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.