Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? (3959 Views)

NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa / Why Petrol May Not Sell At N145 Anytime Soon / Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 7:36am On Dec 12, 2017
igbodefender:
They did not break into anything because they were given licences, access to bank loans,etc., to operate legally from day one, not turned into fugitives for being enterprising.
Good. So you can now see how you have been comparing apples with cocoyams. The shale oil entrepreneurs went through the right channels, before they even started their businesses. Your illegal refiners refused to even go through that route, but decided to break pipelines and steal crude. There is no comparison between both groups.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 12, 2017
igbodefender:
They did not break into anything because they were given licences, access to bank loans,etc., to operate legally from day one, not turned into fugitives for being enterprising.
Same goes for mining. An article posted here recently by Blue3k quotes Minister for Mines Kayode Fayemi as stating that Nigeria loses billions of dollars from illegal mining. Why not license these guys so they can pay taxes?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 12, 2017
Vivere:

Good. So you can now see how you have been comparing apples with cocoyams. The shale oil entrepreneurs went through the right channels, before they even started their businesses. Your illegal refiners refused to even go through that route, but decided to break pipelines and steal crude. There is no comparison between both groups.
At present, there is no legal channel for the 'illegal' refiners to go through. None whatsoever. The closest government has come to creating those channels is Vice President Osinbajo's announcement of an intention to licence modular refineries. Since then we have not seen any implementation. Lalasticlala knows we are not lying.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 7:46am On Dec 12, 2017
igbodefender:
Same goes for mining. An article posted here recently by Blue3k quotes Minister for Mines Kayode Fayemi as stating that Nigeria loses billions of dollars from illegal mining. Why not license these guys so they can pay taxes?
Do you know anything about mining in Nigeria? There are the registered miners with licenses etc. These ones use large equipment, get licenses and operate legally.

Then you have the individual artisanal miners or small-scale miners who are subsistence miners. They are not officially employed by any mining company, but rather work independently, mining or panning for gold using their own resources. These ones are not interested in getting licenses or following regulations. They just want to extract the gold and solid minerals, sell it in the black market and pocket the money.

It is like cab drivers. You see the registered ones and the unregistered ones, everywhere. The unregistered ones are those drivers who use their oga's cars to do kabu-kabu simply because they just want the money as quickly as possible, and are not interested in the rules, licenses and regulations.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 7:50am On Dec 12, 2017
igbodefender:
At present, there is no legal channel for the 'illegal' refiners to go through. None whatsoever. The closest government has come to creating those channels is Vice President Osinbajo's announcement of an intention to licence modular refineries. Since then we have not seen any implementation.

Bros, pls do your research and find out what modular refining is all about. The guidelines to getting a refining license or setting up a modular refinery have all been published and are in public domain. Ask your brothers, the illegal refiners to comply with those guidelines and buy crude from the owners of marginal oil fields, for refining.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 12, 2017
Vivere:

Do you know anything about mining in Nigeria? There are the registered miners with licenses etc. These ones use large equipment, get licenses and operate legally.

Then you have the individual artisanal miners or small-scale miners who are subsistence miners. They are not officially employed by any mining company, but rather work independently, mining or panning for gold using their own resources. These ones are not interested in getting licenses or following regulations. They just want to extract the gold and solid minerals, sell it in the black market and pocket the money.

It is like cab drivers. You see the registered ones and the unregistered ones, everywhere. The unregistered ones are those drivers who use their oga's cars to do kabu-kabu simply because they just want the money as quickly as possible, and are not interested in the rules, licenses and regulations.
Licensing has to be available not just for the big players but also for the bit players. Take refineries for example: Multinational oil companies operating in Nigeria and some other firms have licenses to operate refineries but have not used it to establish any. But here a entrepreneurs successfully operating mini refineries and you are discouraging them.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 12, 2017
Vivere:

Ask your brothers, the illegal refiners to comply with those guidelines and buy crude from the owners of marginal oil fields, for refining.
Good. The main reason for this debate finally rears it's ugly head. Tribalism. cheesy I was beginning to wonder why it was taking so long to expose itself. cheesy I'm done with this deceptive discussion that has ugly layers of tribalism overlayed with a thin veneer of civility.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2017
igbodefender:
Licensing has to be available not just for the big players but also for the bit players. Take refineries for example: Multinational oil companies operating in Nigeria and some other firms have licenses to operate refineries but have not used it to establish any. But here a entrepreneurs successfully operating mini refineries and you are discouraging them.
You see, I do not like going back and forth on issues like this, with someone like you who knows next to nothing about such stuff. Pls do your groundwork before deciding to quote me next time.

Name one multinational company that has applied for a refining license and obtained one, without doing anything about it.

Next, name one illegal refiner who has applied for a license and was denied approval.

After you have done your homework, we can take it from there. Until then, I will ignore your ignorant postulations. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 9:07am On Dec 12, 2017
igbodefender:

Good. The main reason for this debate finally rears it's ugly head. Tribalism. cheesy I was beginning to wonder why it was taking so long to expose itself. cheesy I'm done with this deceptive discussion that has ugly layers of tribalism overlayed with a thin veneer of civility.
What is tribalistic about my post? Did I mention anyone's tribe? Why are you seeing things that do not exist? And where is it written in any of the govt guidelines that approval to construct refineries or to refine products is dependent on tribe?? shocked

When people like you run out of valid points, they start playing the victim, and making wild allegations like you have just done. Isn't that why you reached for the tribalism handle and started waving it like a flag??

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by PresidentAtiku(m): 9:17am On Dec 12, 2017
naijaboy756:
Buhari na yahoo plus plus
funny
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 12, 2017
Vivere:

Name one multinational company that has applied for a refining license and obtained one, without doing anything about it.
None, because it does not fit into their programme.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 11:27am On Dec 13, 2017
igbodefender:
None, because it does not fit into their programme.
So why were you citing the multinationals as an example in your previous comments?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
Vivere:

So why were you citing the multinationals as an example in your previous comments?
If you don't support regulations for micro refineries to be legalised, then we have nothing further to discuss.
I want to discuss with people who want to see opportunities provided for the micro business people, not people who expect them to pay thousands of dollars to open a private refinery, when all those thousands may be just enough to purchase equipment and raw materials.

You want a micro and small business to pay $50,000 as part of registration. Where do you want them to get such money. That is just locking them out. I declare this discussion over.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
igbodefender:
If you don't support regulations for micro refineries to be legalised, then we have nothing further to discuss.
I want to discuss with people who want to see opportunities provided for the micro business people, not people who expect them to pay thousands of dollars to open a private refinery, when all those thousands may be just enough to purchase equipment and raw materials.

You want a micro and small business to pay $50,000 as part of registration. Where do you want them to get such money. That is just locking them out. I declare this discussion over.

Good, I am so glad that you said you do not want to hold discussions with me, as it is obvious that you have nothing tangible or sound to offer. All your examples are founded on conjecture and emotional outburst. sad

You didn't even know there were govt approved guidelines in place to govern establishment of refineries until I pointed it out to you. Then you went off tangent and started contradicting yourself, by citing inaccurate examples.

Oh, the illegal refiners cannot afford huge amounts as registration fees?? So what do they want? They want to set up their illegal refineries free of charge and be allowed to continue stealing crude from pipelines which other companies have spent huge amounts drilling and piping? They want to be left alone in order to operate their illegal refineries, with stolen crude? They want to be exempted from the technical specifications, regulations, engineering standards, environmental impact assessment tests and safety rules that govern the setting up of refineries? Or what? shocked

Wow!! Were you a court jester in your former life? Your comments are a good source of comic relief. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
Vivere:

Good, I am so glad that you said you do not want to hold discussions with me, as it is obvious that you have nothing tangible or sound to offer. All your examples are founded on conjecture and emotional outburst. sad

You didn't even know there were govt approved guidelines in place to govern establishment of refineries until I pointed it out to you. Then you went off tangent and started contradicting yourself, by citing inaccurate examples.

Oh, the illegal refiners cannot afford huge amounts as registration fees?? So what do they want? They want to set up their illegal refineries free of charge and be allowed to continue stealing crude from pipelines which other companies have spent huge amounts drilling and piping? They want to be left alone in order to operate their illegal refineries, with stolen crude? They want to be exempted from the technical specifications, regulations, engineering standards, environmental impact assessment tests and safety rules that govern the setting up of refineries? Or what? shocked

Wow!! Were you a court jester in your former life? Your comments are a good source of comic relief. cheesy
Don't push it bozo.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2017
igbodefender:
Don't push it bozo.
Quit mentioning me, joker! angry
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
Vivere:

Quit mentioning me, joker! angry
Lol. All of a sudden the 'jester' ain't funny anymore, right?

Oh, you mean your name is bozo? cheesy Ok, I will not mention bozo again if you don't drop any more silly, half backed remarks. Do we have a deal? Good. Now go play with your new toy car. cheesy
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by PresidentAtiku(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hahahahah
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2017
igbodefender:
Lol. All of a sudden the 'jester' ain't funny anymore, right?

Oh, you mean your name is bozo? cheesy Ok, I will not mention bozo again if you don't drop any more silly, half backed remarks. Do we have a deal? Good. Now go play with your new toy car. cheesy
See this kindergarten toddler. No be your fault. Na me even descend to your level. Everyone can read all the shallow, illogical, half-baked comments you have made on this thread. Nonsense and ingredients....
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by otokx(m): 12:03am On Dec 14, 2017
Price of crude has increased so naturally the price of petrol should normally increase but something is not adding up.

Some stations in PH are selling at increased price and no queues.

Due to the soot in Rivers State, we are totally against all these illegal small scale refineries in the Niger Delta area.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 14, 2017
cheesy
Vivere:

See this kindergarten toddler. No be your fault. Na me even descend to your level. Everyone can read all the shallow, illogical, half-baked comments you have made on this thread. Nonsense and ingredients....
grin Ok, you have recovered your tongue you half baked pseudo intellectual. Yesterday you were beging me to let sleeping dogs lie. Now, you want to go back to your ish like a dog that returns gingerly to its vomit as if it is ice cream grin I suppose you hadn't eaten and were hungry. But now you don chop abi? Welcome back. If you were truely an intellectual you would have found other vibrant topics in this forum to contribute to... better find some other topic...
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:00am On Dec 14, 2017
It yaff do o!

Na fuel queues cause this one...

The queues are reducing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2017
igbodefender:
cheesy grin Ok, you have recovered your tongue you half baked pseudo intellectual. Yesterday you were beging me to let sleeping dogs lie. Now, you want to go back to your ish like a dog that returns gingerly to its vomit as if it is ice cream grin I suppose you hadn't eaten and were hungry. But now you don chop abi? Welcome back. If you were truely an intellectual you would have found other vibrant topics in this forum to contribute to... better find some other topic...
Begged...who?? You? God have mercy! What have you been smoking? Did I not tell you to get out of my mentions, only for you to look for an excuse to get my attention again? Anyway, thanks for telling us in your own words, that you are nothing but a "dog that returns gingerly to its vomit as if it is ice cream, because you hadn't eaten and were hungry. " It explains a lot. You tried to show off initially, as if you had something important to say, only to later end up not making any sense whatsoever. What a pity. Your contributions have exposed how little you have upstairs. Accept my condolences. It is time for you to go back to school.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 15, 2017
Vivere:

Begged...who?? You? God have mercy! What have you been smoking? Did I not tell you to get out of my mentions, only for you to look for an excuse to get my attention again? Anyway, thanks for telling us in your own words, that you are nothing but a "dog that returns gingerly to its vomit as if it is ice cream, because you hadn't eaten and were hungry. " It explains a lot. You tried to show off initially, as if you had something important to say, only to later end up not making any sense whatsoever. What a pity. Your contributions have exposed how little you have upstairs. Accept my condolences. It is time for you to go back to school.
Lol. Your stupidity is so humongous, you make average stupidity look like a misdemeanor.

Why does it take you one full day to reply us? cheesy Don't tell us you are paying intelligent people to compose insults for you grin . Won't be surprised though, because you sound like someone who would have multiple awards for Mumu Of The Year hanging all over his house as if mumuism is a good thing.

Empty vessel that makes loud noises. cheesy
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 2:23am On Dec 16, 2017
igbodefender:
Lol. Your stupidity is so humongous, you make average stupidity look like a misdemeanor.

Why does it take you one full day to reply us? cheesy Don't tell us you are paying intelligent people to compose insults for you grin . Won't be surprised though, because you sound like someone who would have multiple awards for Mumu Of The Year hanging all over his house as if mumuism is a good thing.

Empty vessel that makes loud noises. cheesy

You have just described yourself perfectly by saying you are an "empty vessel that makes loud noises." You even went further to call yourself a mumu. You then capped it all by confirming that "your own stupidity is so humongous." Very good. Keep it up.

We all knew exactly what you were already, judging from the half-baked responses you kept churning out in each of your posts. Now that you have acknowledged it openly, you are on the right track to seeking a cure. sad

And yes, it takes me a whole day to respond because I have a great job that keeps me busy, unlike you whose destiny begins and ends on Nairaland. Grow up. Get a life!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 5:04am On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

You have just described yourself perfectly by saying you are an "empty vessel that makes loud noises." You even went further to call yourself a mumu. You then capped it all by confirming that "your own stupidity is so humongous." Very good. Keep it up.

We all knew exactly what you were already, judging from the half-baked responses you kept churning out in each of your posts. Now that you have acknowledged it openly, you are on the right track to seeking a cure. sad

And yes, it takes me a whole day to respond because I have a great job that keeps me busy, unlike you whose destiny begins and ends on Nairaland. Grow up. Get a life!
Is this the best you can come up with after a day's absense on Nairaland? Just regurgitating our words. Lol.

You need to sack your typist for being s-l-o-w, and if you are the one, you should go for a brain transplant asap. cheesy

You expect struggling smalltime entrepreneurs to pay $ 50, 000 (about N15m) plus to own a refinery?! It is people with your mentality that have prevented the country from growing. You should have posted what you are presenting as government requirements for licencing of mini refineries here na, let people see how mean you are.

Like it or not the campaign for legalization of the so called 'illegal' refineries will continue. By the grace of God, one day government will listen, to the shame of heartless, myopic folks like you.

Now go chew on these words as you are want to do, and come tomorrow to post a revomited version. Lol.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 11:33am On Dec 16, 2017
igbodefender:
Is this the best you can come up with after a day's absense on Nairaland? Just regurgitating our words. Lol.

You need to sack your typist for being s-l-o-w, and if you are the one, you should go for a brain transplant asap. cheesy

You expect struggling smalltime entrepreneurs to pay $ 50, 000 (about N15m) plus to own a refinery?! It is people with your mentality that have prevented the country from growing. You should have posted what you are presenting as government requirements for licencing of mini refineries here na, let people see how mean you are.

Like it or not the campaign for legalization of the so called 'illegal' refineries will continue. By the grace of God, one day government will listen, to the shame of heartless, myopic folks like you.

Now go chew on these words as you are want to do, and come tomorrow to post a revomited version. Lol.
Each time you are asked a question, you come back with a long half-baked epistle full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. I have asked you questions about what the illegal refiners want, a few days ago, you could not answer. Now, you have gone back to square one to recycle the same empty rhetoric you were spinning earlier.

When people lack valid points they resort to insults, just like you have done. Thank God, everyone here on this thread can read, and they can all see that the only "shameless heartless, myopic folk" here, is only you. It is not by force to run a refinery, so stop supporting illegality blindly.

And yes, it will take me another 24 ,hours to respond to you, because I am busy earning good money from a legitimate job, unlike you who does nothing but defend illegal refiners, all day. Go and get a life!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

Each time you are asked a question, you come back with a long half-baked epistle full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. I have asked you questions about what the illegal refiners want, a few days ago, you could not answer. Now, you have gone back to square one to recycle the same empty rhetoric you were spinning earlier.

When people lack valid points they resort to insults, just like you have done. Thank God, everyone here on this thread can read, and they can all see that the only "shameless heartless, myopic folk" here, is only you. It is not by force to run a refinery, so stop supporting illegality blindly.

And yes, it will take me another 24 ,hours to respond to you, because I am busy earning good money from a legitimate job, unlike you who does nothing but defend illegal refiners, all day. Go and get a life!
Even Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said the Federal Government would set up a few large (not mini) modular refineries that would employ the "illegal refiners" as consortiums.

He recognizes that the requirements for setting up modular refineries are too steep for the mini refiners who want to legalize their operations.

But people like you prefer to see the businesses of these entrepreneurs destroyed, rather than look for ways of making them contribute to the national economy in a wholesome manner. Cleanse yourself of tribalism, as can be seen in some of your previous 'contributions'.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Vivere: 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2017
igbodefender:
Even Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said the Federal Government would set up a few large (not mini) modular refineries that would employ the "illegal refiners" as consortiums.

He recognizes that the requirements for setting up modular refineries are too steep for the mini refiners who want to legalize their operations.

But people like you prefer to see the businesses of these entrepreneurs destroyed, rather than look for ways of making them contribute to the national economy in a wholesome manner. Cleanse yourself of tribalism, as can be seen in some of your previous 'contributions'.

Eewo! This matter dey pain you well, well o! Are you sure you are not one of those illegal refiners? I support entrepreneurs who do legitimate businesses, not the ones who break pipelines to steal crude and refine such stolen oil, illegally.

There is no tribalism in my cobtributions. If the illegal refiners come from my tribe, I would say the same thing. Illegal miners of solid minerals come from my tribe, and I have never supported them once. This is about what is right, and what is wrong!

Stop justifying illegitimate stealing and refining of crude. It says a lot about the kind of values you hold as a person. Oya, rant a bit more and release another long epistle!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2017
ATIKU COME AND SAVE US
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

Eewo! This matter dey pain you well, well o! Are you sure you are not one of those illegal refiners? I support entrepreneurs who do legitimate businesses, not the ones who break pipelines to steal crude and refine such stolen oil, illegally.

There is no tribalism in my cobtributions. If the illegal refiners come from my tribe, I would say the same thing. Illegal miners of solid minerals come from my tribe, and I have never supported them once. This is about what is right, and what is wrong!

Stop justifying illegitimate stealing and refining of crude. It says a lot about the kind of values you hold as a person. Oya, rant a bit more and release another long epistle!

A principle in jurisprudence has it that an unjust law is not a law. Another principle is that law without the legitimizing backing of morality might not be readily accepted.

Someone with a Viverean mindset would have opposed agitations for Nigeria's independence because at a point during the colonial era, it was 'illegal'.

Someone like you would also have opposed the US independence agitation because it was at a point 'illegal'. You would have cast aspersions on Washington, the first President of the US.

You would certainly have opposed Mahathma Ghandi's moves to make India independent because the colonial authorities declared it 'illegal'.

And yes, you would certainly have opposed Nelson Mandela.

You wonder why we are so passionate about legalizing businesses that should never have been declared illegal in the first place because you lack the milk of human kindness. As long as your stomach is filled with food you don't care if others are hungry. I pity those close to you because you seem to be someone without a heart for those that lack.

#NotToLateToGrowAHeart
Re: Fuel Scarcity Even @N145??? by Saaruman(m): 2:44pm On Dec 16, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I will wait till an igbo man asks me this question.

For now, get going till I see you post bullcrap again.
The person you quoted is a member of the BMC crew task with the assignment to create Igbo moniker for the purpose of divide and rule tactics against South East using Igbo Presidency as weapon of propaganda.

Igbos will rather wait till 2031 than vote a fundamental bigot like buhari D Vegetable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Press " DSS Murdered Former PDP Chairman Ahmed Ali Gulak To Blame IPOB" / Reaction From Deltans As Okowa Emerges Running Mate Of Atiku (pics Attached) / A Pastor I Sacked 10 Years Ago, Among Tinubu's Bishop At Shettima's Unveilelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.