Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Addax Plans $5bn Investment In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Addax Plans $5bn Investment In Nigeria (8256 Views)

NNPC Secures $5bn Funding From Afreximbank For Nigeria’s Oil Industry / Addax To Pay Billions Of Naira For Death, Losses & Damages Arising From Izombe W / Nigeria Moves To Recover $3 Billion From Chinese Owned Addax Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addax Plans $5bn Investment In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 7:44am On Dec 12, 2017
anonimi:

Which workers?
The ones on N18,000 minimum wage?
Or the ones receiving mega millions for doing nothing in NASS, Aso Rock and state houses plus assemblies and LGAs
Please clarify after due investigation.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943664_wage_jpeg1488711c5349aed5f79f2e121e58b278

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2525077_nationalassebly_jpeg71d66f931a1a7ec6df0b899a793ef6b6

No worker in Nigeria earn 18k a month
That's level 1 step one

1 Like

Re: Addax Plans $5bn Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 12, 2017
Bolustical:
Addax, Ogun state and the SW is ready for you.

We're not landlocked and erosion will not wash off your investment neither will militants destroy your installations.
since Ogun has oil and gas, they should go and explore there.
Re: Addax Plans $5bn Investment In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 8:25am On Dec 12, 2017
I don't understand most commenters on this post oh. Addax is a private firm, and as such will invest whatever they intend investing barring any unforeseen economic crises. So why the pessimism?

Instead of folks to start planning on how to scale the recruitment processes undecided

1 Like

Re: Addax Plans $5bn Investment In Nigeria by anonimi: 8:50am On Dec 12, 2017
mrvitalis:
No worker in Nigeria earn 18k a month
That's level 1 step one

Is minimum wage in Nigeria not legally established at N18,000?
Many, many workers in Nigeria earn way less than N18,000 a month.
Are Nigerian workers only in the civil service
Kindly stick to what you know.

ikorodureporta:
Sweepers employed by Dafunol International Limited, a contractor engaged by the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA), on Monday staged a peaceful protest over the non-payment of their five months’ salaries.

The sweepers who were in their sweeping kits and holding brooms spoke to the Newsmen in front of Motorways Premises near 7-Up, Ikeja.

Sweepers protesting non payment of their five months’ salary (NAN photo)
They also carried placards with inscriptions appealing to the management of LAMATA to pay them their salaries.

They said that they were employed by the contractor who is into LAMATA Shelter Maintenance to be sweeping LAMATA-constructed bus shelters along Mile 12-Ketu –Ikorodu Road –Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS) axis.

They said that they had not been paid since March, 2017.

Some of the inscriptions read: “LAMATA , pay us our salaries ever since the month of February,’’ “LAMATA, why are you denying us our money, you are punishing us.’’

Mrs Musiliu Akindele (70) one of the sweepers told NAN that their employer was initially paying each sweeper N10,000 per month before it was increased to N15,0000.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/sweepers-cry-lamata-5-months-unpaid-salaries/

1 Like

Re: Addax Plans $5bn Investment In Nigeria by Jbuster: 9:39am On Dec 12, 2017
GOOD MORNING, SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME REACH OUT TO CLUB KONNECT & VICTOR OJENEALO BRAIMOH, TO HELP ME REFUND MY 2,000 NAIRA OR HELP ME USE IT TO FUND MY WALLET. I SENT THE MONEY YESTERDAY EVENING FROM MY ACCESS BANK ACCOUNT, TO YOUR ACCESS BANK ACCOUNT. PLEASE BE FAST. I CALLED HUNDREDS OF TIMES NO RESPONSE, I SENT MESSAGES TO YOUR WHATSAPP NOT READ.
Re: Addax Plans $5bn Investment In Nigeria by buJu234: 1:52pm On Dec 12, 2017
wait oo..

is it the same Addax owned by the Chinese that is dropping staffs and making plans to sell her oil blocks and leave naija..

abi another one dey...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Richer Between Seun Osewa, Nairaland And Linda Ikeji, / Trending Photos Of Restaurant In Lagos Allegedly Owned By Ghosts / Best Nigerian Bank For Corporate Or Business Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.