Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja (28970 Views)

SARS Operatives In Mufti Pose With Their Rifles, Come Under Fire After / Armed Robbers Nabbed After Shootout With SARS Operatives In Bayelsa. Photos / Gunmen Neutralized By SARS Operatives In Rivers State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by Richardabbey(m): 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2017
grin Sars Nw Use "Ferrari" Nw , Come See As Dem Dey Pursue 1 Yahoo Guy For My Area Today

Fast And Furious

1 Like

Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
No names and the division they serve?
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2017
[quote author=thesicilian post=63243635][/quote]

U are getting it wrong dude. This is an internal problem, they are police officers being disciplined by their superiors, there's no violation of human rights here.,. They have not been dismissed. It's just like a soldier put under detention in the guard room for offences. Do u need to employ a lawyer for that? Of course if the 'suspects' wish to employ a lawyer then they are free to do that, it is their right but then it will change from an internal problem to s normal police case and any privilege they have an officers will be denied them, they will be detained in the cell with other criminals instead of being detained in a cell for officers. And of course they will no longer be treated as officers.
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

That's a gross violation of their fundamental human rights.

Why hold them against their will and still prevent them from being contacted by their family members?

The IGP should be ashamed of himself for openly proving that the Nigeria Police has no regards for human rights.

U are getting it wrong dude. This is an internal problem, they are police officers being disciplined by their superiors, there's no violation of human rights here.,. They have not been dismissed. It's just like a soldier put under detention in the guard room for offences. Do u need to employ a lawyer for that? Of course if the 'suspects' wish to employ a lawyer then they are free to do that, it is their right but then it will change from an internal problem to s normal police case and any privilege they have an officers will be denied them, they will be detained in the cell with other criminals instead of being detained in a cell for officers. And of course they will no longer be treated as officers.if u are an officer detained for a crime and u feel like u want to employ a lawyer then u will be treated as a civilian. Can turn out good if innocent but when u know u are guilty it is better u just accept ur punishment, u might still keep ur job at the end, maybe demoted but better than losing everything.

Whether a lawyer is needed or not also depends on the gravity of offence. If it's just exctortion it is normally settled iternally, but if it involves s more serious case like murder especially when the family of the victim is pressing charges then it becomes case for the government and a lawyer will be needed.

2 Likes

Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by efighter: 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2017
biacan:
Kill them all

So, that your brothers from the crime infested Biafra region can freely rob, kidnap and terrorize the public.
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by Chirowman(m): 2:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
the should be brought to book
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by LockDown69(m): 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
ok wo!!! check my Signature
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by Silvermoney: 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
I thought they always brag that "nothing wil happen". Bunch of idiots. Something is happening now.
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2017
Oluwolex2000:
Source - .COM

NO fewer than 32 operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, are currently in detention, sources reported.

A source told sources that the arrested officers were moved to Abuja from different state commands during the weekend.

“The suspects, who are all male, are now being held at various detention cells of the Federal SARS at Guzape District, Abuja,” the source said.

“Since their arrival in Abuja, their family members and lawyers have not been allowed to see them based on an order from above,” it added.

The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, who reportedly ordered their arrests, is said to have assembled a team of top Police investigators to look into their cases.

Sources learned that they are being investigated for cases ranging from extortion, robbery, rape, among others. The commands where the suspects were serving have been directed to report to Abuja with proofs and exhibit needed in the course of investigation.

The source said Lagos Command has the highest number of suspects, next to the Federal Capital Territory, FCT.

“Their immediate orderly room trial and punitive measures will also become part of the ongoing moves to stem the tide of alleged impunity being campaigned against the Police institution,” the source said.

“At a recent meeting with the Police management team, the IG decided to apply prompt punishment for any SARS officer found wanting here in Abuja instead of their commands, where such cases are not properly handled.”

Police keep mum Yusuf Kolo, Assistant Commissioner of Police in charge of SARS at the force headquarters, refused to speak on the arrest when contacted by sources

Kolo said his job is “purely operational and investigative in nature.” However, Jimoh Moshood, Force Public Relations Officer, confirmed the arrests, but did not disclose the number of operatives in detention.

“I am aware of their investigation, but I don’t know the number of people involved,” he told sources. There is currently a nationwide campaign to scrap the outfit based on alleged excesses of its personnel.

Source : http://www..com/2017/12/32-sars-operatives-in-detention-in-abuja.html

Believe APC at ur own Peril
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by crafteck(m): 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why hold them against their will and still prevent them from being contacted by their family members?

The IGP should be ashamed of himself for openly proving that the Nigeria Police has no regards for human rights.

Are you still smoking, their contact with outer world would polute the investigation, its sars we re talking about, Christmas came early... As for you, say no to drugs

1 Like

Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by equily(m): 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
This is a good news to reckon with
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by illegalking: 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2017
NP is generally corrupt I have proves but I don't wish to talk concerning this issue.. Let the FG give SARS all the power they can get soon it will over rise against the FG itself
Pidginwhisper:
They'll be freed in few days tym. This one na just to massage the members of the public ego grin

Abi una don forget apo6 officer wey dem just call back
End result of all human is death we av nothing to fear..
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by lancdoz: 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
let no man be deceived by this show the NPF is acting. when they are serious we will know, 32 out of a million
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by Pidginwhisper: 5:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
illegalking:
NP is generally corrupt I have proves but I don't wish to talk concerning this issue.. Let the FG give SARS all the power they can get soon it will over rise against the FG itself End result of all human is death we av nothing to fear..
Actually all Nigerian Armed Forces are legally corrupt. There's no need for proofs as it's glaring. Lolx there's an uprising already as both DSS and EFCC clashed some weeks back defying the senate order. wink .My sole responsibility is to defend my fatherland.Hence, We cannot interfere unless revolution takes place
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by seunfape(m): 5:37pm On Dec 13, 2017
Yomi SARS they there ?
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by thesicilian: 5:41pm On Dec 13, 2017
greenhulk:

U are getting it wrong dude. This is an internal problem, they are police officers being disciplined by their superiors, there's no violation of human rights here.,. They have not been dismissed. It's just like a soldier put under detention in the guard room for offences. Do u need to employ a lawyer for that? Of course if the 'suspects' wish to employ a lawyer then they are free to do that, it is their right but then it will change from an internal problem to s normal police case and any privilege they have an officers will be denied them, they will be detained in the cell with other criminals instead of being detained in a cell for officers. And of course they will no longer be treated as officers.
I guess you are right. It may be police protocol, and perfectly legal, but doesn't seem right. Among those 32, there's bound to be among them 2 or 3 innocent ones who may not feel they deserve what they are getting.
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by OgaApollos: 8:01pm On Dec 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

my brother, if SARS detain u, u will wish them worst. Human right is not in their job description. They restrict detainees or suspects from all form of external contact. For me, i wish that WORST
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by emmie14: 8:03pm On Dec 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They are related to you?? Advice them thereafter.
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by Marshallvenom(m): 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2017
biacan:
kill them all
In d voice of Spartacus abi?
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by ericmor: 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
They should give us their names because i am still waiting to hear about one SARS boy that has 3 expensive cars which i don't understand where he got them from but i know he go after yahoo boys
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by Marshallvenom(m): 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
Oga IG u hav not done anything yet o, dem still remain.
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by montero4(m): 4:37am On Dec 14, 2017
Asaba and Onitsha intimidating group, hope they are well represented among the 32?
Re: 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 14, 2017
biacan:
Kill them all
so u believe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Robbers Who Killed Victor Akinbile Arrested (Pics) / Suspected Ritualist Arrested With Human Skull In Niger State (Photo) / Fetish Fake Pastor Arrested In Ondo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.