Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone (28729 Views)

How Or Where Can I Stream Live Football Matches On Iphone For Free / Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly / 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Phonefanatic: 9:15am On Dec 14, 2017
ItachiUchiha:
Realistically, this isnt true.

Control and power are different. If you have so much, you probably will abuse it.. Android give u so much power that these days its abused by hackers.... Iphone on the othet hand gives u as much as u require.

Iphone x got battery right though.
You could jailbreak ur iphone for customizations.
Multitasking' in itself is scam, you can honestly do one thing at a time, even if you initiate several processes, you can only deal with one at a time.

Iphones last much longer than most android phones..

Does this look like a scam? I don't have to pause or close my video to write this.

Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by olayinkajnr(m): 9:15am On Dec 14, 2017
mofedamijo:

“Yes, an iPhone can multitask definitely, but this can’t be compared to what an Android device does. An Android device can open as many as 50 applications on the spot and at the same time, it would keep all your information on each application intact without freezing or lagging. Do you think iPhones are made for this? Not at all”
That was what i quoted,but the way u 1st quoted it didnt appear like it was quoted,u can recheck......tekia.

And that was why I typed to the op that

"you goofed when you typed this"

And went on to mention what he typed and even made it bold.

If you've read that before you went through the bolded, you would have known I disputed the op's claim.

And I also went on to state at the end of his bolded claim that:

I'm not an iPhone user but you can never compare the multitasking on iPhone to android. iPhone is better in this regard please.

Again, you just wanted to prove me wrong when in fact I typed your church mind.
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:16am On Dec 14, 2017
Esepayan:

The Galaxy S8 plus is certainly the fastest powered smartphone available today, i have used iphone and i just switched to the samsung s8plus my brother the dff is clear...
False! That goes to the iPhone 8 and x...they both murdered the s8 on every geek bench score by various developers, it's an open secret..google iPhone 8 vs s8 benchmark scores right now and see for yourself..even the one plus 5t and google nexus xl is faster than Sammy's s8...I hope you were not comparing an iPhone 5 with the s8?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by bleskid: 9:19am On Dec 14, 2017
i cant use iphone
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 14, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

My gosh! This post is riddled with so much falsehood that it borders on outright lies!
1. Some people are still running their iPhone 5(which came out in 2012) on iOS 9...currently we have iOS 11 and those on iOS 9 are still pretty much enjoying their devices.. apple devices obliterate androids on software updates..even a phone like iPhone 5 is supported for a solid four years update program, I can't say the same for a Samsung produced in 2016...

2. When it comes to battery standby performance iPhones are hard to beat..you can charge it to a 100%, leave it overnight and you will still have about 97% left on your phone...provided your battery isn't defective or getting worn out..the iPhone 8plus has been touted as one of the most impressive battery life currently in the market.

3.it is common knowledge that app developers focus more on apple software hence you have much more polished apps on AppStore than on playstore..heck even google apps perform much smoother on iOS devices than on android devices (maybe with the exception of the nexus devices)..

4.while I agree that iOS devices are a bit constricted in file sharing, one can still share pictures,videos via airdrop on apple devices...you can even go further and use Xender to share more between iPhones and android devices, this is 2017 bro!

1. iPhones receive update more updates but they are usually crap. When an old iPhone recieves updates they are meant to cripple the device so the buyer can pick up the new kid on the block. Moreso, new updates tend to fix bugs of the previous version but in return create new bugs.

2. Yes, the standby time of iPhones are better than Androids but are smartphones designed to be on a standby mode?

3. Some gaming and social media apps perform better on iOS than Android but do you buy phones just because of these two categories of apps?

4. File sharing is extended into file managing. While Apple can share picture and doc files, same can't be said about other types of files. File manager doesnt even exist on iPhone which makes iOS appear like an unfinished OS.
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 14, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

False! That goes to the iPhone 8 and x...they both murdered the s8 on every geek bench score by various developers, it's an open secret..google iPhone 8 vs s8 benchmark scores right now and see for yourself..even the one plus 5t and google nexus xl is faster than Sammy's s8...I hope you were not comparing an iPhone 5 with the s8?

In as much as iPhone X has good geek bench scores than S8, NOTE 8 murders them all in real life day to day use. There are countless of videos on YouTube and articles on the web which confirms that.
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

And that was why I typed to the op that

"you goofed when you typed this"

And went on to mention what he typed and even made it bold.

If you've read that before you went through the bolded, you would have known I disputed the op's claim.

And I also went on to state at the end of his bolded claim that:

I'm not an iPhone user but you can never compare the multitasking on iPhone to android. iPhone is better in this regard please.

Again, you just wanted to prove me wrong when in fact I typed your church mind.

Can you tell me how iPhones multitask better than Android?
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

I'm not in the position to tell you how coz that's the fact. Like I said, I'm an android user too and iPhones multitasks better than it.

How can you use both OS'es and claim one performs a task better than the other yet you can't prove it. Does that make any sense?
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Phonefanatic: 9:24am On Dec 14, 2017
ollah1:

Can you tell me how iPhones multitask better than Android?

He doesn't know what multi-tasking is.
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 14, 2017
Phonefanatic:

Does this look like a scam? I don't have to pause or close my video to write this.

Thank you for this. They keep talking about how iPhones multitask better but can't prove it even when they claim they use both.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 14, 2017
Phonefanatic:

Don't mind him and others saying the same thing
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by olayinkajnr(m): 9:26am On Dec 14, 2017
ollah1:

How can you use both OS'es and claim one performs a task better than the other yet can be proved by you. Does that make any sense?

How do you want me to prove it to you when you are already inclined to the fact that android multitasks better?

What will my proofs do? Will it change your opinion? It never will. So leave mattet for Mathias abeg.

Since your opinion is android multitasks better, state it too and don't ask questions.
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by olayinkajnr(m): 9:30am On Dec 14, 2017
Phonefanatic:

Mr. Fanatic, lecture me. What is multitasking?

I wonder how people ridicule themselves behind their phones by claiming others don't know this or that. For your information, the fu*king screenshot you posted, my phone can also do it.

Mind you, I also use an android device.

Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:31am On Dec 14, 2017
ollah1:

1. iPhones receive update more updates but they are usually crap. When an old iPhone recieves updates they are meant to cripple the device so the buyer can pick up the new kid on the block. Moreso, new updates tend to fix bugs of the previous version but in return create new bugs.

2. Yes, the standby time of iPhones are better than Androids but are smartphones designed to be on a standby mode?

3. Some gaming and social media apps perform better on iOS than Android but do you buy phones just because of these two categories of apps?

4. File sharing is extended into file managing. While Apple can share picture and doc files, same can't be said about other types of files. File manager doesnt even exist on iPhone which makes iOS appear like an unfinished OS.
Dude I've always known you to be an anti iPhone herald....most people buy phones for gaming and social media,so if a smartphone can't perform that perfectly of what use is it then?? If it can run games and social media apps fluidly then how can it perform much more complex tasks on much more demanding apps??
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

How do you want me to prove it to you when you are already inclined to the fact that android multitasks better?

What will my proofs do? Will it change your opinion? It never will. So leave mattet for Mathias abeg.

Since your opinion is android multitasks better, state it too and don't ask questions.

Why can't you prove it by simply stating some of what it does?

Since you asked for it

Split screen
Picture in picture
Pop up video
Etc.

Good luck doing this on the iPhone X even when Samsung S4 can get it done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by olayinkajnr(m): 9:35am On Dec 14, 2017
ollah1:

Why can't you prove it by simply stating some of what it does?

Since you asked for it

Split screen
Picture in picture
Pop up video
Etc.

Good luck doing this on the iPhone X even when Samsung S4 can get it done.

I see you have little knowledge of what you've never used before but claim it doesn't perform.

And again, you just listed. Show us screenshots

Congratulations.

I'm not here to convince you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 14, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

Dude I've always known you to be an anti iPhone herald....most people buy phones for gaming and social media,so if a smartphone can't perform that perfectly of what use is it then?? If it can run games and social media apps fluidly then how can it perform much more complex tasks on much more demanding apps??

How I'm i an iPhone herald? So I shouldn't counter your claims with superior argurments? How can you conclude most people buy phones for gaming and social media? Do you have prove to back up this claim?

So if i splash USD 700 on a phonez it should be because of angry birds and Temple run?
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by olayinkajnr(m): 9:37am On Dec 14, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

You dey mind am. I use an android device too. He listed some things and said iPhone X cannot do it even when his Samsung Galaxy S4 can.

Such shallow thinking
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by erumena(m): 9:38am On Dec 14, 2017
Feranchek:
I just wan ask one simple small kwesion. Biko, why be sey people wey dey use iPhone no dey like change their ring tone

Because they don't know how to.

I'm presently using Nathaniel Bassey's olowogbogboro on my iPhone and I have several songs I uploaded to my iPhone as ringtones and I can change them as often as I want to.

Before now, I hated iPhone due to its restrictions but when I started using it, I discovered that you could actually go around what was perceived as restriction on the phone effortlessly.

To me, my choice is and will always be iPhone, unless there's a better alternative.
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

I see you have little knowledge of what you've never used before but claim it doesn't perform.

Congratulations.

I'm not here to convince you.

Relax. I'm not asking you to convince me. We are educating ourselves. I listed some of the multitasking prowess of an Android device, how about you do same so we all can learn. Thanks in advance
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

You dey mind am. I use an android device too. He listed some things and said iPhone X cannot do it even when his Samsung Galaxy S4 can.

Such shallow thinking

Lol.

Can iPhone X perfom a split screen multitasking operation?
Can iPhone X carry out a picture in picture operation?
Can iPhone X perfom pop up video?

Why don't you just counter my argument with FACTS rather than switching to emotions and abuses?
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

I wonder how people ridicule themselves behind their phones by claiming others don't know this or that. For your information, the fu*king screenshot you posted, my phone can also do it.

Impressive !!!

Kindly do this exact same thing on your iPhone and upload it so we ALL can see it
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:45am On Dec 14, 2017
ollah1:

How I'm i an iPhone herald? So I shouldn't counter your claims with superior argurments? How can you conclude most people buy phones for gaming and social media? Do you have prove to back up this claim?

So if i splash USD 700 on a phonez it should be because of angry birds and Temple run?
There is no iota of superiority in your argument....is angry birds the most tasking of games? Really? Yes most people use their phones for games, social media..
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Bifrost: 9:53am On Dec 14, 2017
But how come the microchips for Apple’s iPhones are made by the South Korean company "Samsung"?
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 14, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

There is no iota of superiority in your argument....is angry birds the most tasking of games? Really? Yes most people use their phones for games, social media..

Tasking games are played on consoles and PCs. So if I buy new 700 usd phones it's because of Twitter, instagram and Snapchat? Lol
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Phonefanatic: 9:58am On Dec 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Screenshot iPhone doing this not android then I will agree you know what multi-tasking is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Ifedith(m): 10:18am On Dec 14, 2017
ollah1:

In as much as iPhone X has good geek bench scores than S8, NOTE 8 murders them all in real life day to day use. There are countless of videos on YouTube and articles on the web which confirms that.
you're absolutely ryt those benchmarks and speed test has been rendered useless by real life usage, except for midrange and low end device.
let everyone know this, mobile phones has reached it's crescendo wen it comes to speed cus ryt now all flagships are as fast as a blink of an eye from Samsung, apple, xiaomi, nexus, etc. trying to make it faster is soo stupid and pointless, just like wat apple is doing, the future of phones is now boiling down to features and that's where the king of kings rules in the note 8 with the aid of the s pen and not even the iphone x can touch the note 8. there's no phone that currently beats this beast in all dept except say battery and that title goes to midrangers.
cus currently guys all flagship phones are fast, all their cameras are dope, all are secured, all their screen are dope, all their designs are dope, all their batteries are not exceeding 4000mah. so pls ppl enough with the speed test bs. if u must compare, then compare features, durability and midrangers. until iPhone takes away its restrictions on the iPhone, android will forever dominate iPhones, otherwise iphones just like every other flagship of 2017 are all dope.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Jaculze(m): 10:20am On Dec 14, 2017
Nice one op. I really don't like iPhones, which is the more reason I'm using myvTecno spark.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Olafisoyem: 10:21am On Dec 14, 2017
I agree with 5, 6, 7. Everything else is bullshit.
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by AstuteAyo(m): 10:27am On Dec 14, 2017
Androids devices kill it all. Take it or leave it. And, talking about class, who fucking told you android devices are so close to onions' in price lining. Some android devices are repelling expensive.

#Androids are the best operating system for all and sundry.
#Malosakurugbegbe
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 14, 2017
Ifedith:

you're absolutely ryt those benchmarks and speed test has been rendered useless by real life usage, except for midrange and low end device.
let everyone know this, mobile phones has reached it's crescendo wen it comes to speed cus ryt now all flagships are as fast as a blink of an eye from Samsung, apple, xiaomi, nexus, etc. trying to make it faster is soo stupid and pointless, just like wat apple is doing, the future of phones is now boiling down to features and that's where the king of kings rules in the note 8 with the aid of the s pen and not even the iphone x can touch the note 8. there's no phone that currently beats this beast in all dept except say battery and that title goes to midrangers.
cus currently guys all flagship phones are fast, all their cameras are dope, all are secured, all their screen are dope, all their designs are dope, all their batteries are not exceeding 4000mah. so pls ppl enough with the speed test bs. if u must compare, then compare features, durability and midrangers. until iPhone takes away its restrictions on the iPhone, android will forever dominate iPhones, otherwise iphones just like every other flagship of 2017 are all dope.

Thank you for this unbaised piece.
Re: 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 14, 2017
Phonefanatic:

Screenshot iPhone doing this not android then I will agree you know what multi-tasking is.

Don't mind that olodo. He acted as if the screenshot came from an iPhone hence the quick response. I have asked him several questions but as usual, he has disappeared. They usually tend to favour the iPhone based on emotions rather than FACT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pimping The Swagger ****s60v5 / Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed / I Hate Glo Network....they Gave Me False Hope!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.