Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) (41539 Views)

Edo University Begins Second Semester Online / Landmark University Builds Silos As It Expands Rice Production (photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Removes Tuition For Agricultural Sciences In Landmark University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by mpowa(m): 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
charain:
Image laundering in progress after the tithing controversy.
I expect more of these "developmental" posts.
Okay let me get your logic; they went to start rice farming and production to cover tithing controversy? I just tire for the way people reason these days.

1 Like

Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by Luukasz(m): 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
emusmithy:

What's the name of your Grandfather's rice company?
Can't you differentiate a company from a plantation. SMH!
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2017
Luukasz:
Can't you differentiate a company from a plantation. SMH!

Oh sorry. What's the name of his plantation?
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by streamsofjoy(f): 12:59am On Dec 16, 2017
Luukasz:
Shut up myopic folk... is it the church that is producing graduates or the school. Shior and what so big about the little impact it will have on the economy, My grandfather has a rice, cassava, cocoa, teak and bamboo plantation.
So whats big in what the school achieved

Yes! It is the church that owns the school that producing the rice. The church that " impoverish" it's congregants. And by the way who has heard a shit 'bout yr grand pa's whatever
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by oruma19: 4:51am On Dec 16, 2017
holybabayo:
You see this people... To prosper they engaged themselves in productive activity. But for us they will tell us to sow seed into their lives.
exactly my thoughts. They have so many businesses and activities going om for them but will tell u to cone to church and pray. If u wana prosper, engage in work and forget about plenty prayers. God already blessed the land for those who will work. Gospel of sowing seed in a pastor's life is big scam.
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by mpowa(m): 5:55am On Dec 16, 2017
oruma19:
exactly my thoughts. They have so many businesses and activities going om for them but will tell u to cone to church and pray. If u wana prosper, engage in work and forget about plenty prayers. God already blessed the land for those who will work. Gospel of sowing seed in a pastor's life is big scam.
Many of you will stay outside and will be running your mouth, saying what you don't know Jack about. - why don't you go to winners' service for one week and see what Bishop Oyedepo teaches; some of you are so pained by the money the church makes that it as turned to paranoia; you think pastors are just talking about Tithe/Offering throughout the length of the service. If you attend winners for 6 months and do all they teach and your life does not change, then probably your case is hopeless...And am not talking about money, (because that's all some people can think about now), don't give or anything, just follow all other teachings.

1 Like

Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by MATEX30: 6:58am On Dec 16, 2017
The Good thing is, they are even using Fadama Agricultural system to power the running of the Rice Farm;

Read more about it here,

http://dunamisblog.com/landmark-university-envisions-an-agripreneurial-incubation-centre-launches-fadama-rice/
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by LegitBoy(m): 6:58am On Dec 16, 2017
desreek9:
A welcome development, awon freeze's #sheeple will not see the impact it will have in our economy, it's to be critisizing cluelessly. The church is producing graduates that will impact positively to the society.

"The church is marching on and the gates of hell shall not prevail" grin
Impact on economy of who? grin grin

Freeze is right
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by oruma19: 7:05am On Dec 16, 2017
mpowa:

Many of you will stay outside and will be running your mouth, saying what you don't know Jack about. - why don't you go to winners' service for one week and see what Bishop Oyedepo teaches; some of you are so pained by the money the church makes that it as turned to paranoia; you think pastors are just talking about Tithe/Offering throughout the length of the service. If you attend winners for 6 months and do all they teach and your life does not change, then probably your case is hopeless...And am not talking about money, (because that's all some people can think about now), don't give or anything, just follow all other teachings.
I decided not to give u d dignity of an answer on that matter. But u don't knw nothing about LFC, I v attended for almost 10 years
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by mascavel(m): 7:11am On Dec 16, 2017
Statsocial:
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Adeniyi Olayanju has reiterated the commitment of the University to becoming an incubation centre for Agripreneurs and agricultural practitioners as catalysts for national economic development.

Speaking during the launch of Landmark University Rice on the 23rd November, 2017 at the Landmark Commercial Farm Sales Centre, the Vice-Chancellor said the University’s blueprint for the agro-enterprise accommodates a full-fledged rice processing mill for a large-scale rice production.

“Production of rice is a value addition to our context. We did not stop at just planting and harvesting but have gone into packaging for the local and national market. It is a confirmation of the reality of continuous rice production and the increased capacity for teaching and research in cereal production,” he stated.

He recalled that this phase of rice production was flagged in August, 2017, adopting the Sawah eco-technology introduced by the National Centre Agricultural Mechanisation (NCAM), Ilorin. He said with this success, the University is expanding the hectrage of both upland and lowland in the next phase.

The Vice-Chancellor appreciated God for the milestone which he described as a fulfilment of God’s plan for the University in actualising her vision. In the same vein, he commended the efforts that went into the reality and further called on all stakeholders for more support towards developing other products that will enhance the vision of the University for a Global Impact.

The Director of Landmark University Farms, Dr John Izebere while appreciating the passion of the Vice-Chancellor for the actualisation the University’s agrarian vision in terms of product development, expressed happiness over the milestone.

While commenting on the development, the Director said 3 of the equipment used in the processing of the rice were fabricated by a Landmark University graduate of Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering, Mr. Clinton Okonkwo who is currently undertaking his national youth service (NYSC) in the University’s Teaching and Research Farm.

#productdevelopment #agrorevolution #LandmarkUniversity #riceproduction #sawahecotechnology #NCAM

https://educationexplorersite./2017/12/15/oyedepos-landmark-university-begins-rice-production/

oruma19:
I decided not to give u d dignity of an answer on that matter. But u don't knw nothing about LFC, I v attended for almost 10 years
Statsocial:
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Adeniyi Olayanju has reiterated the commitment of the University to becoming an incubation centre for Agripreneurs and agricultural practitioners as catalysts for national economic development.

Speaking during the launch of Landmark University Rice on the 23rd November, 2017 at the Landmark Commercial Farm Sales Centre, the Vice-Chancellor said the University’s blueprint for the agro-enterprise accommodates a full-fledged rice processing mill for a large-scale rice production.

“Production of rice is a value addition to our context. We did not stop at just planting and harvesting but have gone into packaging for the local and national market. It is a confirmation of the reality of continuous rice production and the increased capacity for teaching and research in cereal production,” he stated.

He recalled that this phase of rice production was flagged in August, 2017, adopting the Sawah eco-technology introduced by the National Centre Agricultural Mechanisation (NCAM), Ilorin. He said with this success, the University is expanding the hectrage of both upland and lowland in the next phase.

The Vice-Chancellor appreciated God for the milestone which he described as a fulfilment of God’s plan for the University in actualising her vision. In the same vein, he commended the efforts that went into the reality and further called on all stakeholders for more support towards developing other products that will enhance the vision of the University for a Global Impact.

The Director of Landmark University Farms, Dr John Izebere while appreciating the passion of the Vice-Chancellor for the actualisation the University’s agrarian vision in terms of product development, expressed happiness over the milestone.

While commenting on the development, the Director said 3 of the equipment used in the processing of the rice were fabricated by a Landmark University graduate of Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering, Mr. Clinton Okonkwo who is currently undertaking his national youth service (NYSC) in the University’s Teaching and Research Farm.

#productdevelopment #agrorevolution #LandmarkUniversity #riceproduction #sawahecotechnology #NCAM

https://educationexplorersite./2017/12/15/oyedepos-landmark-university-begins-rice-production/

that's so nice. A good development to the country.
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by Ayomideji19(m): 7:19am On Dec 16, 2017
Luukasz:
Shut up myopic folk... is it the church that is producing graduates or the school. Shior and what so big about the little impact it will have on the economy, My grandfather has a rice, cassava, cocoa, teak and bamboo plantation.
So whats big in what the school achieved

If it is something that makes no meaning to you, then bring up from your grandfather's farm. We will also appreciate that. �
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 16, 2017
If you get money, send your pikin go better School abeg.
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by Luukasz(m): 8:30am On Dec 16, 2017
emusmithy:

Oh sorry. What's the name of his plantation?
Sammy Ladipo & Sons Plantation
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by skolab4(m): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2017
This is commendable and worthy of emulation
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by Mccullum: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2017
Jaideyone:
Olodo you better keep your disappointment to yourself.

so they call us afonja. what's the meaning
of the name? I have friends on Facebook with afonja as their surname. so they call you afonja and they foolishly think they are insulting you. let them co tinue calling us afonja. afonja is a name isln Yoruba land. type it in on Facebook and find out

You'll know Olodo between me and you, you're illiterate of history had it been you know what they meant by calling Yoruba Afonja is simply because Aare Onakankanfo Afonja in 1850s used the Fulanis residents in Ilorin to attacked Alafin Aole and that military expedition sacked that caused series of wars in Yoruba land. later Afonja and Fulani leader had clash of interest and Alimi utilized the military prowess of his people to kill Afonja while his son enthroned himself by establishment first and only emirate in Yoruba land, Igbos using that to mock Yorubas that alliance of Yoruba politicians with northerners on forming of APC will still end same way Alimi, the Fulani leader/cleric betrayed Afonja at that period, as many Yoruba's community slightly survived more invasion if not Ibadan that fought to repel the attackers in Jalumi war that enhanced the pride of Yoruba back.

You're ignorant for you calling your tribe Afonja without knowing the reason behind it. M. U. M. U.
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 11:45am On Dec 16, 2017
Mccullum:

You'll know Olodo between me and you, you're illiterate of history had it been you know what they meant by calling Yoruba Afonja is simply because Aare Onakankanfo Afonja in 1850s used the Fulanis residents in Ilorin to attacked Alafin Aole and that military expedition sacked that caused series of wars in Yoruba land. later Afonja and Fulani leader had clash of interest and Alimi utilized the military prowess of his people to kill Afonja while his son enthroned himself by establishment first and only emirate in Yoruba land, Igbos using that to mock Yorubas that alliance of Yoruba politicians with northerners on forming of APC will still end same way Alimi, the Fulani leader/cleric betrayed Afonja at that period, as many Yoruba's community slightly survived more invasion if not Ibadan that fought to repel the attackers in Jalumi war that enhanced the pride of Yoruba back.

You're ignorant for you calling your tribe Afonja without knowing the reason behind it. M. U. M. U.
mumu so who doesn't know about the Ilorin afonja saga and how Ibadan save osogbo from Fulani invaders in the jalumi war grin

yeah so a single man named afonja foolishly trusted the Fulani against his own people and died for it. afonja is a name people still answer up till today. it's a surname and there are hundreds or maybe even thousands of Mr and Mrs afonjas all over Yoruba land today.

what you have failed to explain to me is how the name afonja is an insult? grin I'm waiting for you to tell me how.

it's just like someone calling me akintola or awolowo or bola ige or obasanjo because of the action of the popular people that had the name.

don't let IBO ignorance mislead you. the word afonja is no an insult. it's a name!!!

the popular Yoruba actor called sanyeri is an afonja by surname.

na me u wan lecture? grin
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by Mccullum: 11:50am On Dec 16, 2017
Jaideyone:
mumu so who doesn't know about the Ilorin afonja saga and how Ibadan save osogbo from Fulani invaders in the jalumi war grin

yeah so a single man named afonja foolishly trusted the Fulani against his own people and died for it. afonja is a name people still answer up till today. it's a surname and there are hundreds or maybe even thousands of Mr and Mrs afonjas all over Yoruba land today.

what you have failed to explain to me is how the name afonja is an insult? grin I'm waiting for you to tell me how.

it's just like someone calling me akintola or awolowo or bola ige or obasanjo because of the action of the popular people that had the name.

don't let IBO ignorance mislead you. the word afonja is no an insult. it's a name!!!

it's an insult on this forum because their inner of mentioning that name is to remind
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 11:53am On Dec 16, 2017
Mccullum:

it's an insult on this forum because their inner of mentioning that name is to remind
it's not an insult to me. it's just a display of their inherent ignorance and foolishness. the best way to make them cry is to show them the name is not an insult.

it's just like calling an ibo man kanu and you think you are insulting him grin there are thousands of kanus all over and it's just a name!!!
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by Mccullum: 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2017
Jaideyone:

it's an insult on this forum because their inner intention on mentioning that name is to remind the Yorubas on Afonja sold Yorubas to Fulani... while Fulani betrayed him and the product of the action is symbolic to the emirate of Ilorin up til date.... Hausa-Fulanis will still betray Tinubu and others, because that name have not been use to identify Yorubas on Nairaland before until when APC was formed for 2015 general election and since then Igbos adopted usage of the name to abuse Yorubas in this forum due to the threat of the alliance that eventually unseated Jonathan from power.

For you ignoring the fact and evidence above, is then prove that you can't differentiate between pleasant and unpleasant greetings, which Yoruba explain as 'Pele ni ako osi ni abo'
Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
Mccullum:

it's an insult on this forum because their inner intention on mentioning that name is to remind the Yorubas on Afonja sold Yorubas to Fulani... while Fulani betrayed him and the product of the action is symbolic to the emirate of Ilorin up til date.... Hausa-Fulanis will still betray Tinubu and others, because that name have not been use to identify Yorubas on Nairaland before until when APC was formed for 2015 general election and since then Igbos adopted usage of the name to abuse Yorubas in this forum due to the threat of the alliance that eventually unseated Jonathan from power.

For you ignoring the fact and evidence above, is then prove that you can't differentiate between pleasant and unpleasant greetings, which Yoruba explain as 'Pele ni ako osi ni abo'
OK. go and beat them when they call you afonja grin

the best way to get back at them is to wear the name proudly self cool ask them to tell you the name of one ibo precolonial general and they can't simply because when Yorubas tasted civilization ibos were still busy chasing bush meat naked and killing twins. there's nothing to be ashamed of about the misadventure of one misguided general.

ojukwu is a misguided general. he led his people to war. 2million of them died in 3yrs and he ran away yet his people are still proud of him!!!

tyrion lanister said and I quote

“Never forget what you're, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you.”
pay attention to the quote above!!!
if they call you afonja tell you to mention one single precolonial general in ibo history. if not for the white man that came we would have enslaved them by now!!!

2 Likes

Re: Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) by Godwin2am(m): 11:13pm On Aug 02, 2019
I WISH TO DO MY MASTER DEGREE PROGRAM AT COVENANT UNIVERSITY. NEED HELP PLEASE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILAG Reveals The Names Of Candidates That Upgraded Their Post-UTME Results / Federal Polytechnic, Ede Doesn't Admit OND Students From These 5 Schools For HND / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.