Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories (34466 Views)

Pope Francis Visits Iraqi Christians Who Suffered Under IS (Photos) / What Will Be The Judgment For Christians Who Support Jungle Justice? / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by tolguy(m): 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
bopm:

a true child of God doesn't give up on his fellow who z astray. Jesus thought us to go after the lost sheep, that there will b great joy in heaven for any soul who convert to God. He went further to encourage us to seek the conversion of every sinner cos in heaven there is place for every one.

I wonder d rationale for this 'dnt waste ur time on lost sheep' is that wat u were thought or u are being selfish. I guess this explains why its difficult for u guys to preach ur way in getting sinners converted to salvation. what's ur purpose on earth if u cant get ppl to God tru genuine conversion and not forceful conversion dat has been d case. that ur 'dnt waste ur time on lost sheep' leave much to desired, its wickedness
but he is nt an evangelist
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by dhateeboi(m): 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
hakeem4:
My father was born into a Muslim polygamous family, while my mother was born into a polygamous Christian family

I grew up with my mother so indirectly I was a Christian but had a Muslim name. I started reading both religious holy book and found out they’re don’t make sense with a lot of scientific errors in them. So I started to question my belief, I was an agnostic at that point

Until I started asking my father some questions about religion but he couldn’t answer. So I became an atheist

I'll like you to direct me to the scientific errors u found in the qur'an pls
I'll be expecting.. Lol
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by bopm: 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
tolguy:

baba, we are all evangelists by d call from God. God created us mainly to luv Him, to serve him and to live with him forever in heaven after our earthly journey. in serving God we are meant to win lost souls for him. every one of us is required to do DAT.
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by bopm: 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
tolguy:

baba, we are all evangelists by d call from God. God created us mainly to luv Him, to serve him and to live with him forever in heaven after our earthly journey. in serving God we are meant to win lost souls for him. every one of us is required to do DAT.
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by hakeem4(m): 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
dhateeboi:

I'll like you to direct me to the scientific errors u found in the qur'an pls
I'll be expecting.. Lol

here

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Demmzy15(m): 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
dadaic:

Scientific errors you say? Lol. What scientific errors?
I just laugh at some people, they know nothing about science. They read stuffs online, they don't know if correct or wrong but because a it's online they believe.
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Demmzy15(m): 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
gbosaa:

I see you starting an ‘atheist polygamous family’.
grin grin
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Demmzy15(m): 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
jerseyboy:
Your dad is a good man and he loves you greatly. Many southern Muslims secretly wish their daughters will convert because Islam is brutal on women.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by just2endowed: 7:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
ollah1:

Comprehension must be your problem, unfortunately i can't be of help.

tongue

Got nothing to say
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by dhateeboi(m): 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
hakeem4:

here

I wouldn't sound like the 'others' if u know what I mean

But the meaning given to all the so called errors quoted are too damn myopic
You'll do yourself a lot of favour to check these verses up and there explanations.. What Muslims call Tafseer

But really, I see the writer really seeking for errors
Like when it said the qur'an never mentioned that the earth revolve too, when it's not that it mentioned that it doesn't
I'm not even sure it doesn't cos I don't have 100% knowledge of it
But damn... Qur'an is the only perfect book

U don't get satisfied and then seek for more
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Afolak(m): 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
ollah1:

Lemme know when you are done praying for yourself
I'm actually praying for u "ollah".
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Afolak(m): 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
worlexy:
"Atheist like me"? What gave you that impression? if you're interested in knowing the truth, go and look for the book, there's no soft copy for it, go and look for it in any good bookshop, and buy it with your money
I don't have time cos I've got better things to do with my precious tight schedule.
Perhaps,u shld find urself something tangible to do.
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
Demmzy15:
I just laugh at some people, they know nothing about science. They read stuffs online, they don't know if correct or wrong but because a it's online they believe.

My brother I no understand.
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
missyb08:

Seriously I don't have a big reason for my conversion. Ever since I was lil I admired the Christians, despite going to an Islamic school, I didn't really see myself as a Muslim. And my conversion was a gradual process Sir.
You made the right decision.

4 Likes

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by missyb08(f): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
Statsocial:

Yes Sir, and I don't regret doing so.

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 18, 2017
missyb08:

Yes Sir, and I don't regret doing so.
So I am getting off nairaland later today for personal reasons but would like to be your friend on other social platforms if you don't mind. Pls don't hesitate to say no if you are not interested, I would understand perfectly lol.
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by hakeem4(m): 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
Statsocial:

how do know that’s the right decision?
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by missyb08(f): 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2017
Statsocial:

So I am getting off nairaland later today for personal reasons but would like to be your friend on other social platforms if you don't mind. Pls don't hesitate to say no if you are not interested, I would understand perfectly lol.
well you can me a mail
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 19, 2017
hakeem4:
how do know that’s the right decision?
As I said earlier, I am technically from an Islamic family myself so my being a Christian isn't because of a close mindedness to one religion over the other. From age four of my life having had an accident and having an encounter with the Holy Spirit at that tender age, I have grown to love God more and more.
The Holy Spirit is not a Joke or Old men's fables. He is as real a person as it gets. And one encounter with him would surely change a person's life.
As a Christian I have put God to the test on his words and he didn't fail. Bringing me out of the most impossible situation in my life when I called unto him.
I no longer believe God exist. I know by virtue of my experiences that he exist. As an Atheist you may have your arguments but I have my experiences.
The truth is i have no more will to argue about religion or atheism but I know if you search out the Truth you would find him. My desire is not for man to find religion but to find Christ. If you find Christ it would be the greatest thing you found in life. It is greater than a college degree and the best of life's achievements. Shalom!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Cityguy: 9:12am On Dec 19, 2017
Can't just imagine myself not belonging to the body of Christ. The sweetest ever. Best decision ever is being there. Welcome all.
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Myde4naija(m): 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
jerseyboy:
There is no getting out of Islam peacefully except in yoruba land. That is why Islam will be wiped out of the South West in 3 generations like in Sierra Leone.

Islam can only be spread by force and can only survive by enforcement of apostasy laws. Islam cannot survive in the knowledge led world.

PS. Even Mclatunji's children will convert.
just bad mouthing.
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
Myde4naija:
just bad mouthing.

"Allah" was the ancient Babylonian "Moon" God. Mohamed was a Arab looking to start a new cult to raise a army of indoctrinated cultists with promises of riches, slaves and perverted sex.

That's what he got and now it's what the world has to contend with a massive murder death cult, full of brainwashed violent, bigoted perverts.

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Myde4naija(m): 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
jerseyboy:

"Allah" was the ancient Babylonian "Moon" God. Mohamed was a Arab looking to start a new cult to raise a army of indoctrinated cultists with promises of riches, slaves and perverted sex.

That's what he got and now it's what the world has to contend with a massive murder death cult, full of brainwashed violent, bigoted perverts.
are you not brainwashed? Hear yourself speak and feel how disgusting you sound. Muslims had already use to these nonsense from xtian bigot, keep it up........
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by D1official: 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
hakeem4:
My father was born into a Muslim polygamous family, while my mother was born into a polygamous Christian family

I grew up with my mother so indirectly I was a Christian but had a Muslim name. I started reading both religious holy book and found out they’re don’t make sense with a lot of scientific errors in them. So I started to question my belief, I was an agnostic at that point

Until I started asking my father some questions about religion but he couldn’t answer. So I became an atheist
Hahahahaha. And finally decided to become the most confused amongs the two sect.
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by firstolalekan(m): 7:18am On Dec 21, 2017
Statsocial:
My Father was born into a polygamous islamic family of seven wives(Islam limits to 4 wives but some Yoruba men exceed that number). He grew to loath polygamy due to the many family problems he faced. This made him and his siblings particularly not rooted or interested in Islam either. He ended up marrying the daughter of an Anglican Clergy and it was just so easy to flip him to Christianity. Considering that his own mother was a Catholic from Delta who converted to Islam to marry his Dad as third wife in Oyo State, there was particularly no strong family resistance for him to marry a Christian.

Three of his four Siblings also converted to Christianity mostly by marital influence while one remains a Muslim till today.

While my father is not a fan of religion in general. His decision to change to Christianity altered the course of the family's religion.

If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience

https://www.nairaland.com/4222590/converted-islam-christian-family-share
SHUT THE FUUUCCCKK UP!
THE ONLY THING THAT MAKE (FAKE) MUSLIMS CONVERT TO SO~CALLED CHRISTAINS IS LAZINESS. LAZY TO PRAY 5 TIMES DAILY. THAT IS ALL. LAZY FOLKS

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by firstolalekan(m): 7:23am On Dec 21, 2017
AnodaIT:
Finally, I am not asked to tag myself an Islamic terrorist before I can comment
FOOL
IF E DEY PAIN YOU, GO OPEN YOUR OWN FORUM. OTHERWISE, FUUUUCCCCKKKK OFF!
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 25, 2017
hakeem4:
if men who wrote it were inspired by him and god is the all wise and Allah is al-Hakeem ( Allah the wise one ) . How come he inspired them to write rubbish in their holy book?

Muslims brains are fried up. Islam is mass cultural psychosis

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 25, 2017
hakeem4:
if men who wrote it were inspired by him and god is the all wise and Allah is al-Hakeem ( Allah the wise one ) . How come he inspired them to write rubbish in their holy book?

Islam is not a religion. It is an instrument for terror. Mohamed was an evil lying playboy idiot. As long as this Muslim bullsheet exist humanity will never know peace.

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Daviddson(m): 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by asalimpo(m): 2:56am On May 28, 2019
missyb08:
Well, I was born into a Muslim family, I went to an Arabic school, my dad is an Alhaji, both sides of my parents comes from a polygamous family. But my dad does not enjoy having more than a wife. When I got converted to being a christian, it wasn't an easy thing to do.
My dad fought with my mom, he locks me up, he shouts on me, all Kain yawa sha. Around 2015 I got seriously ill that it almost took my life, my doctor was an MFM pastor, he found out that I'm a christian while my dad isn't. I dunno what conversation he had with my dad, I sha know that ever since that incident, my dad has freed me. I attended Shiloh program this year without sleeping at home for almost a week, in fact sef, when I got home, he asked about the program and everything. The man cooked for me sef.
Naso my experience from being a Muslim to a Christian.
your father is a wonderful man. Not a brute beast like most men are. Pray for him . You cant save any1 but God can touch hearts

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Live Healing Service On Emmanuel Tv With Tb Joshua - Happening Now! / Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Picture Of Pastor Adeboye And Tunde Bakare Back In The Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.