Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday (19773 Views)

IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike / Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday / Strike Call-off: Ngige, Ibe Kachikwu Sign Agreements With Pengassan(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by quickberry(m): 8:59am On Dec 17, 2017
The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria on Saturday insisted that its planned industrial action will commence on Monday.

The group however, noted that it was ready to discuss with the government and other concerned organisations on the strike.

According to PENGASSAN, nothing has changed since it issued a statement to announce that its meeting with the Federal Government to avert the strike ended in a stalemate.

This is coming as the Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Ndu Ughamadu, told our correspondent that the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Maikanti Baru, has been meeting with the unions in the oil sector to ensure stability in the industry.

Ughamadu was optimistic that the NNPC would be able to persuade the association to rescind its decision to embark on strike by Monday, as the planned industrial action had led to panic buying in Abuja.

He said long queues of motorists had been noticed at the few filling stations that dispensed petrol on Saturday.

PENGASSAN on Friday announced that it would embark on an indefinite strike on Monday, following a stalemate in the peace meeting which the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu, brokered between the union and Neconde Energy Limited.

The oil union and Neconde had been embroiled in crisis over allegation of anti-worker practices.

The union alleged that the management of Neconde wrongly terminated the employment of some of its workers, and threatened to go on strike if the sacked workers were not recalled within 72 hours.

The issue made the government to initiate a meeting between the two parties in Abuja last week, but the meeting ended in a deadlock.

When asked if the union would halt the strike should the government meet with its officials on the matter, the Public Relations Officer, PENGASSAN, Fortune Obi replied, “One thing you should know is that at PENGASSAN, we are a body of professionals and we are open to discussion at all times because we believe in dialogue. We keep our doors open for effective discussions and that has been our style.”

Meanwhile, many motorists queued for petrol on Saturday, as some users of the commodity said they were stockpiling fuel in order to have enough should PENGASSAN embark on strike on Monday.

Source: http://punchng.com/pengassan-insists-on-nationwide-strike-monday/

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by bedspread: 9:11am On Dec 17, 2017
STRIKE....... AS A BIRTHDAY GIFT TO PMB OR WAT!!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by chinjo(m): 9:15am On Dec 17, 2017
May God punish this APC government for deceiving millions of gullible Nigerians to believing that Buhari is the awaited Messiah.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by chriskosherbal(m): 9:16am On Dec 17, 2017
Strike again !!!

Were are we going as a country? .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by Bevista: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2017
chinjo:
May God punish this APC government for deceiving millions of gullible Nigerians to believing that Buhari is the awaited Messiah.
Did you read the news regarding the cause of the strike?

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by chinjo(m): 9:39am On Dec 17, 2017
Bevista:

Sorry I no sabi read. Is it not your masters policies that is leading to mass sack of workers across the country? Refer to the National Bureau of statistic to find out how many people have lost their job since Buhari came to power.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by okosodo: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2017
Its gonna take 5 decades to bring us back to the path of prosperity again after this islamists government is done.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by Saaruman(m): 10:53am On Dec 17, 2017
Buhari is a curse to the Zoo. grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by uwa1(m): 10:54am On Dec 17, 2017
Strike plus the partial scarcity of Fuel.... Must it take place during festive period..

18 Likes

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by fellowman: 11:00am On Dec 17, 2017
Buhari is working Sai baba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by presentley: 11:03am On Dec 17, 2017
chinjo:

Sorry I no sabi read. Is it not your masters policies that is leading to mass sack of workers across the country? Refer to the National Bureau of statistic to find out how many people have lost their job since Buhari came to power.
and those people that got sacked took their frustration on you and I abi? This outright rubbish from the union. What happened to addressing their grievances through court processes. The National Industrial court is there to hear matters of this nature. Govt is bad, govt is bad, what's the difference between this union and govt? isn't this an oppression?

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by spawnx: 1:57am On Dec 18, 2017
Govt should sanction this unions. why should the average Nigerian suffer because of some workers in a private company?

Do this people have any iota of love for Nigerians, calling for strike a week to Yuletide. We need to rise against such injustice from the union's insensitivity.

This is clearly sabotage.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by nawtyme: 2:49am On Dec 18, 2017
Don't be deceived my people. It's all a government ploy to increase the pump price of petrol. Remember how is happened before the increase to 145 naira?
And to make the effect so severe that Nigerians would not mind paying any amount, they staged it for Christmas.
Johnathan made sure that we never had petrol scarcity during Christmas. Now you will pay triple the normal transport fare to travel for Christmas.

APC........ Change. grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by Jlow2: 3:04am On Dec 18, 2017
spawnx:
Govt should sanction this unions. why should the average Nigerian suffer because of some workers in a private company?

Do this people have any iota of love for Nigerians, calling for strike a week to Yuletide. We need to rise against such injustice from the union's insensitivity.

This is clearly sabotage.
bros ur car na v8?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by Jlow2: 3:06am On Dec 18, 2017
since i survived recession, na fuel scarcity i wan fear?

7 Likes

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by Ishanipepe(f): 3:45am On Dec 18, 2017
Sabotage

1 Like

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by chomchom1(f): 4:05am On Dec 18, 2017
GEJ we missed u cry cry.... Since u left from one hardship to another cry

4 Likes

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by infoservant: 7:50am On Dec 18, 2017
This is so bad. cry

Well, visit my signature/profile to get latest job vacancy, business tips, education tips, travel tips etc
Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by stevezuks: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2017
what are you waiting for? Visit https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ and get high quality, neatly written to APA standard (or any standard of your choice)project research writing for post graduate and undergraduates.

Hire our researchers to write your undergraduate final year research project. Custom and Plagiarism free
With money back guarantee. Visit us now
https://RunMyResearch.com
Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by casspersteve: 7:52am On Dec 18, 2017
If I come back to Nigeria in my next world
I will use my hand and abort myself
What s nation!!!

10 Likes

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by pawesome(m): 7:52am On Dec 18, 2017
Una nno go do strike until xmas reach....y una no do am durin salah...cz no muslim man will want his other muslim brothers to suffer b it moni is involved or nt...buh xtians,alwaz willin n ready to cheat each oda

2 Likes

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by xreal: 7:53am On Dec 18, 2017
All I can say is.

This christmas will be good for people like me... afterall the finances aren't much.

Visitation will be reduced to its reasonable number 'due to fuel scarcity'. Wild celebration will be cut 'due to fuel scarcity'.
Fuel scarcity will make me have an excuse to control unecessary spending.

Madam: Dear, today is boxing day and the turkey is finished, we need to buy more for our guests.

Me: No fuel in the car, besides, our guests might not be coming due to scarcity of fuel.

I have seen the good side of it.

12 Likes

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by pawesome(m): 7:53am On Dec 18, 2017
Jlow2:
bros ur car na v8?
grin grin d guy no d find am funny o bros
Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by haibe(m): 7:54am On Dec 18, 2017
Bevista:

Pls whats the reason? Did their carrying cost increase? Forex issues? Shortage of supply? Thanks
Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by Lomprico2: 7:54am On Dec 18, 2017
Jlow2:
since i survived recession, na fuel scarcity i wan fear?

Recession don end?
Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 18, 2017
They can go to hell for all I care my thing is market women should never go on strike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by emmie14: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2017
Bevista:
tell us if you did. Christians are travelling for Christmas after these exercise petrol stations will resume normal business. No be buhari & co?

1 Like

Re: PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday by wildcatter23(m): 7:57am On Dec 18, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Threatens To Kill Lt.Col Musa JTF Spokesman / Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan / Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.