Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,401 members, 7,850,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). (1179 Views)

Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC / Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande / First Look: How Nigeria May Decide - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by Goahead(m): 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nigeria, the flop created by a very racist Brit undermines very aspect of prosperity. This is evidenced as schoolers refers to it as a "dreg of humanity". Though Britain bundled us together to fail, and we could not devide the country, how about rewriting our story by addressing the following issues?

1. Religious and tribal chauvinism:- Our opinions are still deplored to the lady who decided to place her Islamic values above the rules of a federal established university. While many condemned her, few who are more Islamic than the hermit kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bewailed and threatened law suits. On the tribal side, the Hausas will not vote for a decorated Igbo candidate, so as the Igbos. While the Yorubas are less tribalistic.
And for the record, I didn't vote for Buhari on the last elections, and won't vote for him in 2019 as he was never competent. The north should present another Yar'Adua, and he or she will have my vote.

2. We praise mediocrity:- Development is measured by the standard of living of the populace. But by Nigerians, it's measured by the fleet of cars one is having, not the basic amenities like uninterrupted power and water supplies, affordable health care system the government usually provides elsewheres. We don't criticise the government, we applaud them when they dig wells for us.

3. Excessive emigration:- Thanks to the economic hardships, many talented Nigerians good enough to fix our deplorable systems slips away. The late heroine, Dr. Stella Adadevoh, through whom we were able to contain the deadly Ebola outbreak, was a British trained doctor, who returned to Nigeria and paid the ultimate price. (May you continue to rest in peace ma'am)

4. Formal education is not a priority in the North:- Take it or leave it, No country will prosper with great proportion of energetic illiterates.

5. The worst set of leaders:- There's no long epistle on how our country has been raped without protections by dotards as leaders.

6. Igbos are not patriotic:- Thanks to the obvious quota system dis- franchise, they're not a major owner in the state. And these are people blessed with technological knowhow ready to drive the country to the next level if incorporated.

7. We are all corrupt:- Make no mistake, Buhari was never wrong when he tagged us corrupt in front of the world. We place our personal values above the national pride.

8. Non-diversified economy:- Should we address half of these problems and failed to diversify our economy, we squat again!
The future is greener!!

9. Poor maintenance culture:- Our national stadium in Abuja was left overgrown to house reptiles and rodents. It was so awful that President Buhari had to vacate his office because of rat invasion in the supposedly seat of power. Our roads are death traps because their are not maintained. Shame!

10. We kill for fun:- Nigerians are killed for sports in South Africa, back home we kill ourselves for treasure; either for worthless rituals or for fun by the ignored cultists, while licensed killers (SARS) compliment the less.

Bonus. Our military is a joke:- Despite being the most populated black nation on earth, we still lag extensively behind smaller countries in Africa.
Settling with mediocrity, our soldiers are still armed with blunt Ak-47, second world War Era fighters, crude bombs, war canoes; simply put, refurbished soviet weapons.
Lalasticlala
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by spectroscopic: 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
6. Igbos are not patriotic:- Thanks to the obvious quota system dis- franchise, they're not a major owner in the state. And these are people blessed with technological knowhow ready to drive the country to the next level if incorporated.

Can you explain this a bit more? Who is actually unpatriotic to the Nigerian state? Those who suppress fellow citizens or those who are suppressed?
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by ise82(m): 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
God bless Nigeria
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by AnodaIT(m): 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
Reasons we need restructuring

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by Goahead(m): 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
spectroscopic:

Can you explain this a bit more? Who is actually unpatriotic to the Nigerian state? Those who suppress fellow citizens or those who are suppressed?
We've refused to use our technology to advance Nigeria since we are suppressed.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2017
We have 260 ethnic groups in this country, is only the igbos are not patriotic. The same tribalism you just exhibit is the reason Nigeria will never develop, not the nonsense you just listed

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by FSU: 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2017
On Number 6 point:

Boko Haram and it's sponsors are patriotic, right?
Niger Delta militants are patriotic, right?
Oduduwa republic purveyors are patriotic, right?
The Fulani cattle readers are patriotic, right?
Boy, go to sleep. You ain't got nothing to say.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by jerryunit48: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
People like PMB leading ....
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by marvel2011(m): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
Goahead:
Nigeria, the flop created by a very racist Brit undermines very aspect of prosperity. This is evidenced as schoolers refers to it as a "dreg of humanity". Though Britain bundled us together to fail, and we could not devide the country, how about rewriting our story by addressing the following issues?

As far as I am concern, Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by chiagozien(m): 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
All this niggas from niger area that are waiting for nigeria to be great will die waiting,and their children will die still waiting for great niger area.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by Goahead(m): 3:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
ruggedised:
We have 260 ethnic groups in this country, is only the igbos are not patriotic. The same tribalism you just exhibit is the reason Nigeria will never develop, not the nonsense you just listed
Igbos can change Nigeria for good technologically, am telling you this cos am Igbo.... I know what I can do if given the right opportunity.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
Goahead:

Its not called Nigger Area for nothing

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by chiagozien(m): 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
Goahead:
Igbos can change Nigeria for good technologically, am telling you this cos am Igbo.... I know what I can do if given the right opportunity.
you will never get that right opportunity in nigeria,so better have a rethink.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by Goahead(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
chiagozien:
you will never get that right opportunity in nigeria,so better have a rethink.
That's why am spearheading a change, so our children and grandchildren will not live our fate.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by izombie(m): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2017
Goahead:
as an igbo man there is no reason to be patriotic to nigeria. They'd rather nigeria remains bedridden than have the igbos cure it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by anonimi: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
imhotep:
Its not called Nigger Area for nothing

Debt is due to having long throat for what we cannot afford.
Africans will earn money and/or steal from their own people and buy latest luxury cars, latest gadgets etc instead of paying their taxes and donating to charities to improve their societies.
That is a sure recipe for staying indebted at the personal level as well as at the national level.
Complaining about slavery and debt won't fix the problem. We have to change our profligacy lifestyle.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4207170_fbimg1469018943096_jpeg2e87af2b28b00dc62a4dbf71ba6f4cf7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by pointstores(m): 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hi
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by anonimi: 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
Goahead:

Reducing important discussions like this to my-tribe-better-pass-your-own is not helpful. It only means we are impotents contesting for the longest dick, which is otherwise useless. angry
Is the Imo state governor who bought N600 million Christmas tree, erected statues of foreigners etc while owing salaries, driving on bad roads etc not an Igbo man elected/allowed to rule by his fellow Igbos

[img]http://4.bp..com/-1GA26UpwNoM/Vbudl41mdfI/AAAAAAAGE_c/ZORJvIMKkMk/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by pointstores(m): 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
Divine change is beyond human understanding
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by Goahead(m): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
anonimi:

Reducing important discussions like this to my-tribe-better-pass-your-own is not helpful. It only means we are impotents contesting for the longest dick, which is otherwise useless. angry
Is the Imo state governor who bought N600 million Christmas tree, erected statues of foreigners etc while owing salaries, driving on bad roads etc not an Igbo man elected/allowed to rule by his fellow Igbos

You are deviating from the intended purpose of this thread. I explicitly say that the Igbos can change Nigeria technologically.....
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by horsepower101: 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
On point 6, the only group in Nigeria that exercise the true meaning of one Nigeria to the core are IGBOS. They treat everywhere they live in a their home. They build and develop the areas with their hard earned money. Other groups don't do that because at the back of their mind they don't believe in one Nigeria.

If igbos that are very action oriented are not considered patriotic, then what group is?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by wickyyolo: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nigeria will not be great until we Restructure it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by anonimi: 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
Goahead:
You are deviating from the intended purpose of this thread. I explicitly say that the Igbos can change Nigeria technologically.....

You deviated and I pointed out your needless tribal deviation.
Peace!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by anonimi: 4:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
wickyyolo:
Nigeria will not be great until we Restructure it

That is one promise that won't cost Buhari anything to deliver yet he has also failed on that despite his All Poverty Congress, APC party majority in both chambers of the NASS and the 36 states for constitutional amendment.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
spectroscopic:

bless with tech to do fake thing like drugs,spare part etc
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by ibedun: 4:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
horsepower101:
On point 6, the only group in Nigeria that exercise the true meaning of one Nigeria to the core are IGBOS. They treat everywhere they live in a their home. They build and develop the areas with their hard earned money. Other groups don't do that because at the back of their mind they don't believe in one Nigeria.

If igbos that are very action oriented are not considered patriotic, then what group is?

Na LIE.

Igbo states are tiny, disorganised, low resources, and generally not as habitable as other regions. Face the truth!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by horsepower101: 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
ibedun:

Na LIE.

Igbo states are tiny, disorganised, low resources, and generally not as habitable as other regions. Face the truth!

Ok you have been noticed. Next idiot
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by raker300: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
ibedun:

Na LIE.

ignorance will lead you to self destruction.

The habitable “waste-rn” nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great; (10 Reasons). by mikolo80: 10:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
Goahead:
describe the right opportunity. I can bet you can't. all mouth no action

(1) (Reply)

Stop Buhari 2019 / Rochas Okorochas With Newly-elected President Of Liberia George Weah [photo] / How Did Colonialism Monetize African Economies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.