Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) (20501 Views)

Nnewi Community In Anambra State Holds Her Edo Festival / 2017 National Festival Of Arts And Culture (Live Photos) / 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by AdaFonju: 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
Afriifa:
wanna :Dwanna
Tamuno i gbe ,ini binaowei

1 Like

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by SicilianMafia: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
AdaFonju:

Grow up Izon apu get population, na bini ppl like you wey dey dat one only you AxxeMan SicilianMafia historyworld031 russianjacket , na only you won carry nairaland reach 4 million members

The guy sharply go log in back , to check the mentions I talked about hahahaha Eyah poor kid ..... Its not your fault you are a tiny minority grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by AdaFonju: 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2017
SicilianMafia:

The guy sharply go log in back , to check the mentions I talked about hahahaha Eyah poor kid ..... Its not your fault you are a tiny minority grin grin grin grin cheesy
You wish, I have nothing to prove to a. Hopeless loudmouth Like yourself, quote me wen u bring a dictionary or carry your quotes to your asylum mates and beer parlor crew
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by fatiaforreal: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
I'm yet to see things original to Edo on this thread. A cultural festival? I can't see it in the dressing, the carnival idea, and even the masquerade on parade here. Later Bini historians will come and tell us how they taught Calabar people how to organise carnival, and Yorubas how to wear agbada!

1 Like

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by SicilianMafia: 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
fatiaforreal:
I'm yet to see things original to Edo on this thread. A cultural festival? I can't see it in the dressing, the carnival idea, and even the masquerade on parade here. Later Bini historians will come and tell us how they taught Calabar people how to organise carnival, and Yorubas how to wear agbada!

Talking about agbada do the Yorubas own it?
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by AdaFonju: 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
fatiaforreal:

As a Yoruba you shouldn't hold bad feelings towards the bini people because of this online miscreant called AxxeMan, SicilianMafia and his other monickers, the average Nigerian sees bini people as yoruba, and 90% of their population speak Yoruba and marry mainly from the yoruba tribe, I met a bini girl during my nysc days , and was curious to hear what the language sounded like cos I heard it was nasal, so I ask her to say something in the language, she laughed and said she cant speak it, next thing her friend came in and she started conversing in Yoruba fluently, suprised by this I inquired, she opined that 90% of their mothers are yoruba so they all speak yoruba , on futher research its clear that bini people are migrants from yoruba land even there most recognized historian J.E accepted that. Bini people are Yoruba migrants in the Niger delta

1 Like

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by OgaBuhari: 7:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
SicilianMafia:

Myn44 rule 2
shut up. The guy is right. I'm from Edo but ashamed to always tell people
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2017
Diso60090:
guy report yourself you are wanted by the Edo girls
lol so dat dem go carry hiv aids come give me u try.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by SicilianMafia: 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
OgaBuhari:
shut up. The guy is right. I don't know where I am from, but ashamed to always tell people

Fixed!!..Don't ever in your life quote me !! Ever! Better crawl back into the hole you came out from
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by SicilianMafia: 8:50pm On Dec 18, 2017
[s]
fatiaforreal:
[/s]

The Masquerade na ur name or tribe dem write put abi?..... Better shut up dat mouth
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by labi1977(m): 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
The Edo government should come up with something original.

There can only be one Calabar Carnival this period, fixing one of theirs is very coypcat in nature.

Other states have cultural festivals, but they don't wait till end of the year for it.

All these false carnivals from Edo to Abuja and even Lagos, will not match up to CC...that is why the Lagos state government had the sense to start the Lagos Countdown and Copa Lagos. It's their thing

Pleeease cc is a blatant ripoff of Mardi gras, nothinghill etc we r all copycats so Calabar simply can't claim that idea, lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by SicilianMafia: 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jesse01:
lol so dat dem go carry hiv aids come give me u are try.

Lalasticlala is this now allowed?
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Diso60090(m): 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jesse01:
lol so dat dem go carry hiv aids come give me u are try.

Guy you dey miss Edo girls are the best in the world they are down to earth but underestimate them

1 Like

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by BagWay: 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2017
confra state
agbero town
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Oria1999: 10:28pm On Dec 18, 2017
BagWay:
confra state
agbero town
Ozour
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 18, 2017
you are ijaw, and a hater of Edo people, so stop telling lies.
OgaBuhari:
shut up. The guy is right. I'm from Edo but ashamed to always tell people

2 Likes

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ok, the yoruba moderators are deliberatly ignoring the combined trolling of yoruba and ijaw trolls against Edo. And the same moderators are very quick to ban Edos for no good reason. Perharps we should start calling for a boycott of nairaland, or we could make an Edo version.
These yoruba folks are too dubious.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ok, the yoruba moderators are deliberatly ignoring the combined trolling of yoruba and ijaw trolls against Edo. And the same moderators are very quick to ban Edos for no good reason. Perharps we should start calling for a boycott of nairaland, or we could make an Edo version.
So seun, either you put your house in order either you will face a boycott and a new rival social media.

1 Like

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by SicilianMafia: 11:32pm On Dec 18, 2017
historyworld031:
So seun, either you put your house in order either you will face a boycott and a new rival social media.

Just leave seun his eyes will soon neat ,this biased mods on nairaland would bring the end of this great forum..... Imagine they banned Kingovoramwen1 for no good reason , just because one ijaw boy went snooping and reporting his replies to insults of ages ago.... They guy reported this angryly to me via email
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
I know, myself I was banned more than 6 times and my only crime was to debunk a lie told be a yoruba, I brought proof, and I got banned each time I posted the proof.

SicilianMafia:

Just leave seun his eyes will soon neat ,this biased mods on nairaland would bring the end of this great forum..... Imagine they banned Kingovoramwen1 for no good reason , just because one ijaw boy went snooping and reporting his replies to insults of ages ago.... They guy reported this angryly to me via email
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by PreyeIjo: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2017
Nothing special.... Rubbish stuffs cheesy
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by fatiaforreal: 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
So edo state government now recognizes chinese communities ine edo, what an ignorant comparison
1) The Bini met the Ijaws in their current settlement when they left Ille-Ife courtesy of late Dr. Jacob U. Egharevba, an eminent traditional who him self is a benin in his book titled "A short History of benin Third Print :, 1968 page 1.
(2) there was no time that any part of Ijaw Land, Gelegelegbene inclusive has been part of Bini Kingdom because all European Explorers who visited the Binin Kingdom wrote that the Ijaws were not living under the authority of the Oba of Binin; British Consul Richard Burton wrote in his book (My Wanderings In West Africa) in 1863 that "in 20 minutes, we reached Gelegele a village of Ijaw-Men".
(3) According to the E.A. Kenyo in his book "the origin and the title of Yoruba Rulers" page 3. He wrote about: " The New people" the Bini thus" up till this time of Oba of {Benin} and his people were pure Yoruba and did not understand the language of the Aborigines who usually salute themselves and the new and the new people thus: "A Doo" "Dolo O" and wherever the Oba's people saw the Aborigines they used to call them "Ados" from were the name Edo was taken. The Adoo is an Ijaw prayer greeting from the root "UNDO" meaning"may you live long".
(4) According to prof. Allan Rider in his book "Bini and Europeans" 1485-1897, published 1967, page 27.
Which ever of the "Slave River" the portuguese frequented, the people they first met would have belonged to the Ijohs {Ijaws} which dominated the coastal belt swamp forest, extending inland to a depth of 30 to 40 mile in this region.
(5) He went further to state in page 28 thus: ""The Bini Edo lived now as they seem then, outside swamp forest area... and there are no reason for believing that it ever extended to the coast. Nor are the Bini ever river faerer or cannoe men"
Thus it is cheer stupidity and the worst form of traditional perfidy for these traditional rulers with what now seem a lack of academic capacity even in advisory level to have said that the Governors of Delta and Bayelsa States should call their people to order as if Ijaws in Edo State came to take permission from them before settling there whereas they met the Ijaws in Edo State there when they came from the North-East and South-West of Nigeria respectively. Again, it is clear that they knew nothing about the origin of Ijaws and so should stop making baseless statements for the interest of peace, they should know that Ijaws can be found in 6 States of Nigeria and that any attack on a single Ijaw community no matter the state it is located, is an attack on the entire Ijaw Nation and Ijaws will retaliate with maximum force!!
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by fatiaforreal: 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
historyworld031:
Which of the Yorubas? Yoruba turned Bini or the ones in SW?
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by AdaFonju: 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
SicilianMafia:

Hahahaha, only you SicilianMafia Kingovoramwen1 historyworld031 Russianjacket etc ah ah na only go carry nairaland reach 4 million... Chai dere is God
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
When speaking to others speak clearly, I don't understand you at all.
By the way, I am Edo and I am yet to know what non-Edos keep referring to as "Bini", do I become "Bini" each time I am in Benin City or is it even when I am in Esanland or Delta or elsewhere. I mean Are my cousins who do not live in Benin City "Bini". Do people living in the capital of a kingdom get to have a diffrent name from their brothers and sisters living elsewhere in the kingdom ? Are washington people a distinguished people from chicago people ? Are paris people distinguished from bordeaux people ?
We will always refuse to see ourselves through th eyes of outsiders.
People who don't know us want to tell us who we are.

fatiaforreal:

Which of the Yorubas? Yoruba turned Bini or the ones in SW?
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by fatiaforreal: 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
historyworld031:
When speaking to others speak clearly, I don't understand you at all.
By the way, I am Edo and I am yet to know what non-Edos keep referring to as "Bini", do I become "Bini" each time I am in Benin City or is it even when I am in Esanland or Delta or elsewhere. I mean Are my cousins who do not live in Benin City "Bini". Do people living in the capital of a kingdom get to have a diffrent name from their brothers and sisters living elsewhere in the kingdom ? Are washington people a distinguished people from chicago people ? Are paris people distinguished from bordeaux people ?
We will always refuse to see ourselves through th eyes of outsiders.
People who don't know us want to tell us who we are.

Your view is understood and respected. Cheers!
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Kreme(m): 9:19am On Dec 20, 2017
AxxeMan:

I greet you too bluudah!!
How matter for your side, shey e dey clear pass Dstv?
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by MOSICATED5(m): 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
safarigirl:
stop displaying your lack of home training.

People who have responsible parents have already explained the idea with civility and I am reading up on it.

You would do well to refrain from barking like a mad dog on social media.
u didn't know u will read about it first before u came to social media to bark like a mad dog. It shows ur slowpoke parents raised another slowpoke
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
Why non Edos keep believing themselves to be the authority in Edo history baffles me.
It seems you guys (ijaw and yoruba) believe you know Edo culture and history more than Edo know their culture and history.
You quote something written by a quack and post that here hoping what exactly ?
I have personally had enough of that ife conspiracy theory. No Edo have nothing to do with ife. Oduduwa never existed, it is a story for children.
The entire land of Edo state is a small part of Benin Kingdom.
Cheers.
I am tired of always having to tell outsiders who Edo are, could you guys just consult each other and tell yourselves to leave us the f**k alone ?

fatiaforreal:

Your view is understood and respected. Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Fights For Boxing Title- The Vanguard / Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin / Feminism: Operationally Contradictory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.