Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra (17486 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: I Lectured The IPOB On Facebook Live, IPOB Remains My Servant / Buhari Has No Third Term Agenda, Fani-kayode Contradicts Falana / Garba Shehu Contradicts Osinbajo On Ruga Settlements - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by olokeded: 11:53am On Dec 19, 2017
Prof. Uche Azikiwe, Wife of Nigeria’s First President Nnamdi Azikiwe, has insisted on the indivisibility of Nigeria, a position that is contrary to that of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

While IPOB members in South East are insisting on leaving Nigeria, Nigeria’s first First Lady is eulogising her late husband’s contemporaries for their sacrifice for the unity of the country.

She insists on the unity of Nigeria and commended late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Alhaji Ahmadu Bello and others, who sacrificed a lot to build Nigeria.

She urged Nigerians to remain united in honour of the memories of the nation’s founding fathers.

Her position is contrary to the rave in the east where some youths are clamouring for the disintegration of Nigeria.

Azikiwe made the plea on Monday at the Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo LGA of Ebonyi during the institution’s 2nd Convocation Lecture with the theme, ‘National Reconciliation and the Role of Universities’.

According to the nation’s former First Lady, Azikiwe was in the forefront in the fight for the unity of Nigeria.

“The country should not be allowed to disintegrate during our time because if it does, my husband and his contemporaries would turn in their graves.

“These founding fathers sacrificed a lot for us to be one irrespective of their differences, and this should make us to collectively find solutions to the problems threatening to disintegrate us,” he said.

Mrs Azikiwe callled reconciliation among various warring groups in the country to ensure the desired peace.

“We should call upon God in solving the problems and seriously address issues of injustice, inequality, among others which threaten our corporate existence as an entity.

“The nation’s political class should also be called to order because we gave them the mandates to lead us but unfortunately, they are not doing so rightly,” she said.

Chief Nnia Nwodo, President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo-Socio Political group, said the nation’s universities should play a major role in ensuring that the nation remains indivisible.

“The universities should thrive to save the country from the obvious and present dangers promoted by gaping sense of hopelessness while returning us to the part of national reconciliation and growth.
“Universities by their nature, are supposed to be places for research, growth of ideas and solution oriented contributions for advancement of mankind,” he said.

He noted that to achieve these goals, the universities should be adequately funded, well managed and intellectually honest.

“I am a product of the university education both in Nigeria and United Kingdom but must confess that most of them in Nigeria have presently fallen below the required standards.

“Universities are staffed and grown by products of primary and secondary schools and if the teaching quality in these schools is poor, the quality of students and graduates of our universities would be correspondingly low,” he said.

He noted that entrances into universities and the West African Examination Council (WAEC) qualifying examinations have been characterized by massive examination leakages and cheatings.

“I taught constitutional law briefly in a Nigerian University and appalled that some students could not even express themselves in readable English and therefore, lack the wherewithal to crystallize answers to basic examination question,” he said.

Prof Chinedum Nwajiuba, the University’s Vice Chancellor noted that the lecture was its contribution to solve nagging questions of unity confronting the country.

“We would continue to produce students who would contribute in the development of the country in all sectors while ensuring the realization of the dreams of our founding fathers,” he said. (NAN)

http://www.metronaija.ng/ziks-widow-contradicts-ipob/

1 Share

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by IPOBrep: 11:57am On Dec 19, 2017
mtchew, inconsequential talk.

give the people referendum and let everybody have a say you are talking trash as if your opinion represents mine.

Zik has always been a one Nigerianist so nothing new from his corcck sucker

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by OBIGS(m): 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
in other news things ain't working right in Nigeria.

But

Nigeria will be great
Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by DabLord: 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
IPOBrep:

give the people referendum and let everybody have a say you are talking trash as if your opinion represents mine.

You dont have brain.You look like one of the libya returnees

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by sigiyaya(m): 12:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
Madam please keep quite na your husband put us for this mess we de

Nigeria is not working and will never work

That is the bitter but honest truth cool cool cool

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
angry

∆ What a disarray!!!

One talk... please!!! ∆

1 Like

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by AdolfHitlerxXx: 12:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
IPOB youths right now....

She is an AFONJA!!! angry

Nna mehnnnnn

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by BafanaBafana: 12:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
Which one is IPOB again?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by Rexnegro(m): 12:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
Still her opinion though

1 Like

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by Edu3Again: 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
BafanaBafana:
Which one is IPOB again?
IPOB na those people who with out guns made ur fulani masters shake with fear.
Na the people who let the South know that they can break free from ur Fulani masters.

IPOB na those people.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by Annnonymous: 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
IPOBrep:
[s]mtchew, inconsequential talk.

Zik has always been a one Nigerianist so nothing new from his corcck sucke[/s]r

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by BornAgainMay: 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
sad

Is that not the wife of a never do well Nigerian unity apology?

The woman dying in a rat n nocturnal prone house left by her Almighty failure husband.

Who took time to raise useless children that can't handle his legacies

Thousand thanks to Gburu Gburu who gave her hope n mouth to speak.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by gidgiddy: 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
I dont think Mrs Azikiwe knows that the country people like her husband fought to established has long disappeared

5 Likes

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by Kenzico(m): 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
IPOBrep:

From trying to gain likes from your comment

You unknowingly exposed urself as a Millennium Brat!

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by ProWalker: 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
IPOBrep:
[s]mtchew, inconsequential talk.

Zik has always been a one Nigerianist so nothing new from his corcck sucker[/s]

You are a nonentity.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
grin grin
Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
The Nigerian state is this desperate for pseudo Unity to bring out this irrelevant Nuisance to yarn rubbish.

If you can't reverse the poverty trend of the nation nothing will save it.

1 Like

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by adozie(m): 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
Although I have no issues with what she was saying; She was NEVER Nigeria’s First Lady.
Zik married her in the late 1980’s long after he was in any administrative capacity or governance in Nigeria.
His first wife Nora who was the First Lady died in 1983.

IBB might as well marry a young woman now and tomorrow she will start answering Nigerian First Lady.

12 Likes

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by IPOBrep: 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
ProWalker:

You are nonentity.

mugu

6 Likes

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by gabazin080(m): 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
mrchikamso911:
the best way to manage your account
you and other scammers like you will not know peace.

AMEN
Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by spartacus11(m): 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
DabLord:
You dont have brain. You look like one of the libya returnees
Kikikikik

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by IPOBrep: 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
Kenzico:

From trying to gain likes from your comment

You unknowingly exposed urself as a Millennium Brat!

likes from who, demented brats like you?

sorry, niccur

4 Likes

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by seguntijan(m): 12:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
There was a time people insult Muslims for keeping beard, there was a time people insult Muslims for wearing trousers above ankle, look around you we now have "beard-gang" and " short trouser wearing peeps "carrot" everywhere. This same hijab, you all will wear it in the name of fashion.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by IPOBrep: 12:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
DabLord:
You dont have brain.You look like one of the libya returnees

you are a shame.

Zik is one of the failed leaders of igbo land

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by ProWalker: 12:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
IPOBrep:

mugu

You mean Ipob Olympic mud swimmers? cheesy tongue

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by Bolustical: 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
Only Pigs like raker,.300, Anambra.,,1stSon, IMHO.,,tep, IPOB.,,, rep will disagree with her.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by Kenzico(m): 12:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
IPOBrep:

likes from who, demented brats like you?

sorry, niccur

This is why I said Moderators are not doing their jobs....Tribalists everywhere

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by Chukazu: 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
IPOBrep:

The same "one Nigeria mantra" that ZIK preached and gained nothing , even in death his mausoleum has been abandoned for Donkey years ,that is how Nigeria Dishonors it first president

9 Likes

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by Ifeanyi4491(m): 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
OBIGS:
in other news things ain't working right in Nigeria.

But

Nigeria will be great
Nigeria will be great, is it when some of us join their ancestors?

1 Like

Re: Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra by Okoroawusa: 12:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
Since I know that I will meet lots of Igbos here
I ve a question for them...

Where is Nnamdi Kanu?

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer / Nigeria'll Not Know Peace Until An Igbo Becomes President - Nwobodo / Next Level Appointments: Are The President’s Men At War?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.