Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer (17491 Views)

Keyamo: I Am Happy About The Issues Obi Raised In His Election Petitions / Keyamo: I Will Quit Tinubu’s Campaign If Asked Not To Pursue Atiku’s Case / Festus Keyamo: I Can Drive From Abuja To Kaduna Without Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by 1960ng(m): 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2018
Festus Keyamo, senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN), does not believe the figures of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on increase in poverty under the current administration President Mohammadu Buhari.

San FestusKeyamo, who is spokesman of the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari, disclosed this in a chat with a Interviewer.

Asked why he thought Buhari deserved re-election in light of reports on growing poverty and the weak economy, Keyamo said, “Where does the National Bureau of Statistics get its figures from? I don’t believe those statistics!”Nigerian are becoming richer under Buhari the NBS are liars.

Statistics from the NBS show that unemployment has been on the increase under Buhari, millions of people lost their jobs from 2015 till date.

According to the bureau, 18.80 percent where unemployed in the third quarter of 2017, compared to the 9.90 percent in the third quarter of 2015.

Keyamo expressed optimism that Buhari would be re-elected in 2019, saying the president will instil a different political culture in the country before he retires and he is better than any Leader Nigeria has seen.

“He (Buhari) needs time to instil that culture different from what we have learnt government is all about,” he said.

Let’s be honest, most young people of our generation grew up to know only the PDP system, which is – and was – only about money.”

The Buhari re-election campaign spokesman said unlike the PDP “whose oxygen is money”, Buhari did not need federal funds to clinch his re-election, saying his supporters would be happy to sell their possessions and go hungry for his re-election.

He said Buhari also needed to consolidate his anti-corruption war and deal a final blow on insecurity, describing insinuations that the president was sponsoring herdsmen as “satanic and idiotic.”

He also spoke on the president’s reference to Nigerian youths as “lazy”; allegations that he abandoned the defendant in the Ozubulu church killings to join Buhari; and what he thought his former mentor and leading human rights lawyer, Gani Fawehimi (SAN), would have done with Buhari’s government.

When asked if he would support full disclosure of the health status of all the candidates in the 2019 campaign, Keyamo said, “I agree that candidates should declare their health status. But if somebody is sick and is well and now discloses that he is well now, fine. He (Buhari) is ready to go; he is fit to go. Abacha was not sick at all, no history; yet he slumped and died.”

He also expressed support for presidential debate and President Buhari will be ready than ever.

https://www.1960ng.com/2018/06/13/i-dont-believe-nbs-figures-says-keyamo-on-growing-poverty-under-buhari/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by zombieHUNTER: 9:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
This man is shameless

Useless swine

See how peanuts can make someone lose all respect and sanity

Cc lzaa Evablizin

234 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by yanabasee(m): 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
But you zombies believed the statistics when it ridiculed GEJ, right??

He's old and he confirmed it that there are a lot of things that he won't be able to do anymore at his age, so I don't think that Buhari still has the strength to bring forth any good culture as the old culture of change has been rejected....

He needs time to rest and probably be travelling to UK to meet his doctor and let the presidential seat be given to someone strong enough to withstand the pressure!!

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2018
But if the coin were to be flipped.
If the stats had shown something favourable you would have believed it abi?
Your own mumubility is iberibelistacally coded maka chi!

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by hector1046(m): 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2018
How can you? When nepotism and lies are the order of the day for APC and their clueless members

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by BeingFrank(m): 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2018
cry When You've Sold Your Soul To The Devil, The Truth Irritates You, Your Sight, Brain And Ears Feel Numb. Your Sources Of Happiness Include, Seeing Your People Being Murdered Daily By Fulani Herdsmen And Your Neighbour Starving To Death Everyday Due To Badly Raped Economy. Bad Elements In The Society.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Olalan(m): 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
So sad how people can be bought over with just a govt. Appointment

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by LIFEisSIMPLE: 10:11pm On Jun 13, 2018
Senior ass nabber of the federation angry

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by aolawale025: 10:11pm On Jun 13, 2018
The quest to chop often make people loose common sense most times

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by slegerman(m): 10:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
I didn't bother to read all because I know where it will end.

Wasn't it the same figures from NBS that the minister of information, Lai Mohammed quoted when he was replying to Obasanjo's letter?

Then, it was correct and now it is no longer.

May God help this country, we don't have people of integrity.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by chuksjuve(m): 10:27pm On Jun 13, 2018
This one has gradually beaten Lai Mohammed and I see him Retire lai Mohammed out of the propaganda game..

Ordinary appointment , this one don craze enter market ...

Sarkki , Buhariguy.. Come and see your superior doing extraordinary things in that propaganda game !

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Paperwhite(m): 11:32pm On Jun 13, 2018
shocked shocked Sighs! sad And about 10million Nigerians have lost their jobs with the associated wide spread unprecedented hardship inflicted therein in the last 3 years of the APC regime?
So the government owned NBS is no longer realible in churning out statistical indices of the APC government performance because of propaganda Does this man knows that this callous statement is a serious indictment on the government?
And someone is telling us that Gani would have willingly recieved the June-12 award with satanic turn-coat of Festus Keyamo's nature in a government like this?.Sorry you've since lost integrity & conscience man.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Paperwhite(m): 11:33pm On Jun 13, 2018
slegerman:
I didn't bother to read all because I know where it will end.Wasn't it the same figures from NBS that the minister of information, Lai Mohammed quoted when he was replying to Obasanjo's letter?

Then, it was correct and now it is no longer.May God help this country, we don't have people of integrity.
My dear this government is just fillled with chronic unrepentant liars. angry angry

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by SalamRushdie: 11:44pm On Jun 13, 2018
Is this not height of madness!!!!!? Such shamelessness

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by CSTR1003: 12:09am On Jun 14, 2018
You don't talk when eating

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Kingspin(m): 12:09am On Jun 14, 2018
Don't be stupid. Nigerians are so hungry and angry.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by SalamRushdie: 12:30am On Jun 14, 2018
Paperwhite:
shocked shocked Sighs! sad And about 10million Nigerians have lost their jobs with the associated wide spread unprecedented hardship inflicted therein in the last 3 years of the APC regime?
So the government owned NBS is no longer realible in churning out statistical indices of the APC government performance because of propaganda Do this man knows that this callous statement is a serous indictment on the government?
And someone is telling us that Gani would have willingly recieved the June-12 with satanic turn-coat of Festus Keyamo's nature in a government like this?.Sorry you've since lost integrity & conscience man.

It's well over 13 million jobs lost bro

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Optional09: 12:40am On Jun 14, 2018
Work for your money and let us hear word

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by naijacentric(m): 1:23am On Jun 14, 2018
because of money in dis country some people will call cow broda keyamo is a scam activist

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by selemempe: 1:30am On Jun 14, 2018
Igbos are the only people I know who stand at one place and refuse to move no matter what. If u notice u will see how FFK that was saying all manner of ill against gej eventually became his highest supporter. Also see how Doyin okupe who said all sorts of things against buhari is now supporting him.

U can never find an Igbo man that shape-shifts.
Yorubas on the other hand will work for u today and work against u tomorrow

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by freeze001(f): 2:51am On Jun 14, 2018
They will soon start doctoring NBS figures to paint this administration in good light even when the truth stares them in the face and indicates the contrary. Has Keyamo not heard that Nigeria is now d poverty capital of the world, overtaking India?

Stupid political stooge.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:05am On Jun 14, 2018
1960ng:

“Where does the National Bureau of Statistics get its figures from? I don’t believe those statistics!”Nigerian are becoming richer under Buhari the NBS are liars.

Statistics from the NBS show that unemployment has been on the increase under Buhari, millions of people lost their jobs from 2015 till date.

Buhari did not need federal funds to clinch his re-election, saying his supporters would be happy to sell their possessions and go hungry for his re-election.

When asked if he would support full disclosure of the health status of all the candidates in the 2019 campaign, Keyamo said, “I agree that candidates should declare their health status. But if somebody is sick and is well and now discloses that he is well now, fine. He (Buhari) is ready to go; he is fit to go. Abacha was not sick at all, no history; yet he slumped and died.”

https://www.1960ng.com/2018/06/13/i-dont-believe-nbs-figures-says-keyamo-on-growing-poverty-under-buhari/
Typical of APCs, propaganda, contradiction, denial and excuses for failure!

Every sane Nigerian knows that it is Festus Keyamo that is lying!

Keyamo, leave your comfort zone and go to the streets

With IDP camps littered everywhere, fuel pump price increased to N145 automatically transport fare increases, foodstuff skyrocketed, no jobs, no electricity, Fulani herdsmen destroying people's means of livelihood, how can the people be rich

You see, this is the problem I have with APC, they don't accept responsibilities, then how can you make progress

This government is messed up!

Buhari has failed and would not make amends by denying it!

Even Mr President promised to employ 500,000 Nigerians into N-power when he has not even absorbed others who applied with a peanut of N30,000 shocked shocked shocked shocked for a graduate undecided

How can you say that Mr President is healthy when we ALL knew the number of times and money he spent outside the country to the extend that rats took over his office Just imagine how long the office was locked

Which kind broad day lies be this one

Alot of contradictions is all I see.

Festus Keyamo is not fit for this job! With this attitude, Buhari does not even deserve to apply for this job again!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by clefstone(m): 5:04am On Jun 14, 2018
The wrath of God will fall on people like Keyamo and Tinubu. How can a person with conscience claim that Nigerians are getting richer when the entire middle class is being wiped out

18 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by buhariguy(m): 5:28am On Jun 14, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by ivandragon: 5:51am On Jun 14, 2018
typical...

pmb's supporters see only what they want to see & hear what they want to hear.

11 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 14, 2018
It's pitiful how supposedly people oriented individuals sell their souls for some packs of naira notes.
From the unshakeable NLC president Oshiomole to unbiased journalist Femi Adesina and now respected legal luminary Keyamo, all changed to become worse than the presumed corrupt politicians.
What a world. undecided

25 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by lereinter(m): 7:14am On Jun 14, 2018
festus

if u dont believe nbs

analyse the present situation by the rate at which people beg u for money/favor

remember karma

13 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:18am On Jun 14, 2018
selemempe:
Igbos are the only people I know who stand at one place and refuse to move no matter what. If u notice u will see how FFK that was saying all manner of ill against gej eventually became his highest supporter. Also see how Doyin okupe who said all sorts of things against buhari is now supporting him.

U can never find an Igbo man that shape-shifts.
Yorubas on the other hand will work for u today and work against u tomorrow
If an Igbo man tells you he's got your back believe me he's got it to the bitter end..even if he sees no victory in sight he will not go back on his words..their support for GEJ is an example.they are one of the most steadfast men to have as an ally...to the bitter end.

22 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Positiveminds(m): 8:15am On Jun 14, 2018
Keyamo, you are the true definition of iberiberism.

Buhari won't be there forever. The days of reckoning will come for you. You shall swim in your own excreta.

17 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Paperwhite(m): 8:20am On Jun 14, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Typical of APCs, propaganda, contradiction, denial and excuses for failure! Every sane Nigerian knows that it is Festus Keyamo that is lying!

Keyamo, leave your comfort zone and go to the streets.With IDP camps littered everywhere, fuel pump price increased to N145 automatically transport fare increases, foodstuff skyrocketed, no jobs, no electricity, Fulani herdsmen destroying people's means of livelihood, how can the people be rich

You see, this is the problem I have with APC, they don't accept responsibilities, then how can you make progress

This government is messed up!Buhari has failed and would not make amends by denying it! Even Mr President promised to employ 500,000 Nigerians into N-power when he has not even absorbed others who applied with a peanut of N30,000 shocked shocked shocked shocked for a graduate undecided

How can you say that Mr President is healthy when we ALL knew the number of times and money he spent outside the country to the extend that rats took over his office Just imagine how long the office was locked
Which kind broad day lies be this one

Alot of contradictions is all I see.Festus Keyamo is not fit for this job! With this attitude, Buhari does not even deserve to apply for this job again!
My dear APC own no be an chacha!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Protesters Storm PHED Office In Port Harcourt Over Poor Power Supply (Photos) / Will You Vote In Next Year's General Elections Or Not? / Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.