Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,697 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review (7855 Views)

Senate Inaugurates Constitution Review Committee / South West Speakers Meet Over Insecurity In The Region / State Houses Of Assembly Speakers Meet In Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by DONSMITH123(m): 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2017
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

State governors are currently meeting on the auspices of the Nigeria Governors Forum.

The emergency meeting holding inside the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja is also being attended by Speakers of States Houses of Assembly.

The meeting is being chaired by the forum’s chairman, Abdulazeez Yari, who is also the governor of Zamfara State.

It is believed to be in connection with the planned review of the constitution.

The Conference of Speakers has given a December 20 deadline to all Houses of Assembly to conclude debate on the proposed amendments sent to the states by the National Assembly.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://punchng.com/breaking-governors-speakers-meet-over-constitution-review/
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by madridguy(m): 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ok
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by unitysheart(m): 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
Give us state police.
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by Nwogeh: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
That is if any thing good will come out of this dispensation.......Nigeria has just been unlucky
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by oshe111(m): 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
Even 2odds sef go cut
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by dukie25: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
There should be an amendment to stop Katsina pensioners from seeking power.
Aso Rock is not a house for old Katsina pensioners to retire to.

2 Likes

Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by Bolustical: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
This is an opportunity for separatist groups such as IPOB to picket and influence their governors and other politicians but you know, they can't coz they lack common sense and they think gra gra can do everything.

Quote me wrongly and get unduly debited.

4 Likes

Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by Mcsenior(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
A constitution that is as useless as a WAEC result with complete F9; is that one a constitution?

Visit NaturalRemedyLab for your natural home made remedies
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by Bolustical: 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
dukie25:
There should be an amendment to stop Katsina pensioners from seeking power.
Aso Rock is not a house for old Katsina pensioners to retire to.
What about stopping Otuoke drunkards as well as gala hawkers?

2 Likes

Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by Hayshoepofo(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
I hope Ayo fayose is invited

Woh lemme face my business

My signature is friendly

Check it out
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by oshe111(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
The way my female frnds r calling me Baby these days ehn......

I'm beginning to wonder wen I gist demgrin

They all want SOMETHING for the Christmas like its their birthday

1 Like

Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by Ballack1(m): 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
remove Sharia law from our constitution...if you support me click like.

6 Likes

Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by littlewonders: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
If they only will accept the truth
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by oshe111(m): 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
TIPS FOR GUYS

Guys pls stop making love to ur pregnant gf cos U might end up impregnating ur dauta if the baby inside is a galgrin
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by 36STATES: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
God bless Nnamdi Kalu.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by adenine02: 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
36STATES:
God bless Nnamdi Kalu.

Wait o!
Kanu or Kalu
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by Philinho(m): 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
When they met to sign $1b for boko war ,who do they tell ?
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by dontbothermuch: 4:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
All this waste of time meetings
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by 9inches(m): 4:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
Long process. Simply, copy and paste US constitution, problem solved. undecided

1 Like

Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by dontbothermuch: 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
adenine02:

Students celebrated their graduation in an orphanage

https://www.nairaland.com/4237045/students-celebrated-graduation-orphanage
Nice one
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by dahunsy(f): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
Coughs***clears throat# which constitution? We get constitution for this country? How many times these gov'nors don travel go abuja within a week now? Traveling allowances.... Hotel bills....loot funds....sleep with olosho at the end of the day........scam#

2 Likes

Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by booblacain(m): 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
Real
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by Opinedecandid(m): 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
Citizens voice:
« Abolition of State/LGA's Joint Account
« Granting of Autonomy to LGA
« Granting of Autonomy to the Judiciary
« Granting of Autonomy to the Legislature
« single Chamber of Legislature at the National Level
« Single Term of 6 Years to the Executive
« Abolition of Marriage List costing over 100k

ETC

4 Likes

Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by Flexherbal(m): 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ok
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ok. I do hope the constitution review will be for the betterment of well meaning Nigerians.
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by Papanwamaikpe: 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
Nigeria is joke
Re: Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review by don4real18(m): 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2017
oshe111:
TIPS FOR GUYS

Guys pls stop making love to ur pregnant gf cos U might end up impregnating ur dauta if the baby inside is a galgrin
Or Bobriskying the child if he's a boy

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP And APC: When Kettle Mocks Pot For Being Black - By Jideofor Adibe / Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe / Niger Military Vs Nigeria Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.