Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe (7856 Views)

Yoruba Nation Agitation Not Security Threat, Igboho Replies Military / Nigerian States And Their Security Threat Level By PR24 (Photo) / Rising Poverty Greatest National Security Threat, Says Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Newsmic: 6:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
Governor of Anambra State, Charles Chukwuma Soludo has said that the state is safe for those returning home for the Yuletide season, IGBERETV reports.

Governor Soludo stated this while reacting to a viral message circulating in the state, which had warned Christmas returnees to avoid certain roads claiming they had been taken over by criminals.

Dismissing the threat, Soludo assured the people that his government was making every effort to ensure that Anambra was secured during the forthcoming Yuletide.

The governor said that besides checkpoints and security patrols, the state was also putting technology and other mechanisms to enable people to report criminals timely enough for immediate action.

These were contained in a press statement by the governor’s Press Secretary, Christian Aburime, on Sunday.

He said the state was leveraging technology to make it possible for people to make distress calls and share messages and videos of incidents that will enhance security response and services.

The statement read,

“The attention of Anambra State Government has been drawn to a viral message by an anonymous writer, insinuating insecurity in some parts of the state during the Yuletide period.

“In the message, the author listed some roads and junctions which he/she warned returnees and visitors to the state to avoid for fear of attacks by gunmen. The information is mischievous, misleading, and untrue.

“Soludo assures adequate security in the state during the yuletide and beyond.

“The state is also leveraging technology to make it possible for people to make distress calls and share messages, videos and otherwise, of incidents that will enhance security response and services.

“The governor remains focused on making Anambra State the safest state in Nigeria, and no misleading information or mischievous write-ups will stop him from achieving this.

“In line with this resolve, the governor urges the good people of Anambra, residents, and visitors to ignore any unfounded alarm meant to infuse fear in them or discourage them from visiting the state.

“These are idle engagements which the government has all that it takes to deal with.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1433769/yuletide-soludo-dismisses-security-threat-says-anambra-safe/

8 Likes

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by gozmok1(m): 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2022
death to IPob that brought insecurities to our land

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by aylive02(m): 7:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
Be like say Soludo na urchin lite

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by OgaDeyVex: 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by AfolayanBig(m): 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
The reality is that some parts of Anambra is not safe especially the Nnewi South axis.
People should not listen to Government Promises on Security. If they can not halt the useless sit at home in the east, no one should trust them

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by ecolime(m): 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
cry
Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Crystil: 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
God bless Ndi Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by RalFamily: 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
its well
Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Risingblue008(m): 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
For this season ehhh

I just chuck-in my v-boot
grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Ofemmanu1: 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
Even Pitobi won't go home for Christmas.

He knew the SE is a godforsaken region where the UGM and ESN kill humans like mosquitos.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Digriz(m): 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
Which state is he talking about.

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Sohefal55: 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
Nawa
Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Biijilopo: 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
OgaDeyVex:
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by PandoraObi: 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
God bless Simon Ekpa more grease to his elbows more akpu and oha soup to his jaws, more erection to his amu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
It is safe because you move around with security personnel, I have informed family and relatives to forget coming home this Christmas we can do video call with each other

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Mpanyi: 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
Hahahaha. No insecurity or whatever will deter an Anambra person from coming home for Christmas. None.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
Risingblue008:
For this season ehhh

I just chuck-in my v-boot
grin grin grin
How?
Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by FalseProphet1(m): 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
I see the South East becoming the safest zone in Nigeria very soon.

This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Ance4Liverpool: 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
A very big lie, believe soludo at your own Peri

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by KanuSE: 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2022
My Anambra people....IF YOU TRY IT ehn ??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Babastrong(m): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2022
No lefledum no erection.
we have passed these empty threats.
we will open your anus and put raw pepper in it, if you try any rubbish after 2023.
Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by inoki247: 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2022
SE enjoying two type of Govt one go say go front one go say dem no born u well shocked shocked

Abeg dem fit shift Christmas and New Year to Monday I want to check something shocked shocked

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Tingotoe: 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2022
How can Anambra be safe when you have a full blown terrorist group running around killing people at will?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by KanuSE: 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2022
Mpanyi:
Hahahaha. No insecurity or whatever will deter an Anambra person from coming home for Christmas. None.

That's how you people put yourselves at risk, sleepwalking into danger.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by KanuSE: 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see the South East becoming the safest zone in Nigeria very soon.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by Angelfrost(m): 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2022
Talk is cheap!

You governors have failed to do your jobs of safeguarding your people but toss words around bragging about how 'safe' your states are.

When people get killed, you fools hide the news.

Oga Prof, face it! Your states in the East are in security shambles!

When your people were hailing these gunmen, we warned them... They claimed the gunmen were only after their oppressors (soldiers)!

Day go soon break! Shebi terrorism dey hungry una! Y'all will have it to your fill!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by tyinfinity: 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2022
Even peter obituary's village is not safe .obi has absconded to Lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: Soludo Dismisses Security Threat, Says Anambra Is Safe by HighChiefZino: 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2022
Big thanks Prof. Soludo, his excellency Governor of my beloved Anambra State.

I just confirmed one thing that my Governor na one big olodo. All his actions has taught me one thing, that too much education doesn't translate to too much wisdom.
Well-done sir.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School / PDP And APC: When Kettle Mocks Pot For Being Black - By Jideofor Adibe / Nigeria Clears Additional Backlog Of January Crude Oil Cargoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.