Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

$1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE (1040 Views)

Declare Me Ekiti Governor, Kolapo Tells Tribunal / Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike / "Hunger Haram": Governor Fayose Defends His Stomach Infrastructure Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by IsThisChange: 10:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ayodele Fayose, governor of Ekiti state, has filed a suit before a federal high court in Abuja, challenging the decision of his colleagues to approve $1 billion for the fight against insurgency.

Last week when governors announced that they had agreed that the federal government should withdraw the amount from the excess crude account, Fayose kicked against it.

He said the money would be used for the reelection of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Speaking with reporters on Tuesday, Fayose said Ekiti should be given its own share of the $1 billion for its fight against “hunger haram”.

“I’m not in support of $1 billion and will never be in support of it. In my state, we have agreed to go to court to contest this. It is our legitimate right, all accruals to the federation must be shared by the three tiers of government and for me to get justice I have to go to court,” he said.

“I filed the case in court as early as 12 noon today. I have options and I have said it expressly, I have gone to court… I have taken appropriate steps because the money belongs to Ekiti people not to any other use.

“I did not attend the meeting where the issue was discussed, even if I was part of the meeting I would have made it expressly clear that I will not support it. Every state has its own peculiarities in terms of security. Ekiti state has Hunger Haram… hunger is everywhere. Whatever is in that money, for me we should share it, let everybody go and solve his own problem. I have challenges and they should give me my money. It is Ekiti money.”

Asked if he was also fighting on behalf of his colleagues in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Fayose who is the chairman of PDP governors’ forum said: “Excuse me, I am speaking for Ayo Fayose.”

https://www.thecable.ng/fayose-heads-court-says-ekiti-share-1bn-released-fight-hunger-haram

1 Like

Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by braine(m): 11:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
Joblessness.
Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by chivic(m): 11:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
What exactly is ECA fund meant for?they no teach me for school.because I need some to fight Accomodation haram

1 Like

Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by aolawale025: 11:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
Fayose is right here.

2 Likes

Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by vicadex07(m): 11:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
the destiny of all ipobic youths like this guy is to lick fayoses assssssrs no matter what he says.

He is their Yoruba master.

By the way, what has he done with the Paris club refunds given to him if he is still owing backlogs of salaries and pension?

Useless thief...

1 Like

Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by yarimo(m): 1:21am On Dec 20, 2017
Ohhh lord let me be where FAYOSE will speak trash next time so that I will teach him some lessons. undecided

1 Like

Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by darfay: 1:28am On Dec 20, 2017
Ekiti share of what abeg Niger delta oil money? Nawa o ekiti that doesn't even have up to a liter of crude sev
Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by Desyner: 1:44am On Dec 20, 2017
See him mouth like share. Is the oil money allocation your right or a privilege ? Parasitic tout of a governor.

1 Like

Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by yanshDoctor: 1:50am On Dec 20, 2017
exactly as Gbajabiamila said

$1 Billion: 'Excess Crude account is Illegal' - House Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila

House Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila has reacted to the recent $1 billion withdrawal from the Excess Crude Account(ECA). The House of representatives member wrote on social media;

"It is important that the legality of the withdrawal of $1b from the Excess Crude Account is properly understood.

1. The ECA I have always maintained is an illegal account and I instituted a court action against it during then Jonathan administration.

2. Unfortunately, until a final decision has been made by the courts the account is still operative.

3. There is a clear misunderstanding of the powers of the National Assembly over public funds and its limitations.

4. The National Assembly only has power of appropriation over monies belonging to the federal government.

5. The ECA does not belong to the federal government but to the 3 tiers of government.

6. The National Assembly cannot query how the states decide to spend their money. The only institution that can query this is the state assembly.

7. Where the Governors have decided to “donate” some of their funds from the ECA to fight Boko Haram, their state assemblies can kick against it that such was not appropriated by them. I do agree that due process wasn’t followed by The Governors as they should have sought approval of their states before the donation.

It is however not for the NASS to complain on behalf of the State Assemblies. This is part of the principle of separation of powers in a constitutional democracy. The National Assembly can only discuss the portion of the federal government money spent if any.

On whether Gov Fayose or any other Gov has a right to kick I believe he does. No matter how inappropriate if he does not accede to the request or deduction from his state's portion there is no amount of consensus that can bind him as postulated by the Chairman of the Governors forum because such portion belongs to his state and not to the Governors forum. So he may be entitled to a refund.

This is my position on this legality of the withdrawal of $1b from the ECA.

https://politicsngr.com/2017/12/18/house-leader-gbajabiamila-defends-1-billion-eca-tackles-fayose/

2 Likes

Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by seunmsg(m): 3:53am On Dec 20, 2017
braine:
Joblessness.

I don't like Fayose but he is very correct on this. The money in the ECA belongs jointly to the federal, state and local government. If Ekiti is not willing to contribute to the boko haram fight, the governor has the right to demand for the states share of the money. However, his case would have been better if he had attended the NEC meeting and put forward his argument. That would have been a more reasonable way of going about the issue instead of this drama that he's now performing.

4 Likes

Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 20, 2017
IsThisChange:
"I have challenges and they should give me my money. It is Ekiti money.”

Somebody say "It is my money"!

Someday say "Give me my money"!
Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by Annie939(f): 4:57am On Dec 20, 2017
good talk from Fayose

2 Likes

Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by sultanodudua: 4:59am On Dec 20, 2017
Nice
Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by bigerboy200: 6:23am On Dec 20, 2017
Playing politics with National security... Ekiti people dey try sha..
Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by bigerboy200: 6:27am On Dec 20, 2017
Playing politics with National security...
Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by suxkill: 7:18am On Dec 20, 2017
yarimo:
Ohhh lord let me be where FAYOSE will speak trash next time so that I will teach him some lessons. undecided

Stop posting nonsense!!!

4 Likes

Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by CharleyBright(m): 7:23am On Dec 20, 2017
Lol.
Fayose is a real thorn in the flesh of Buhari"s govt. One man opposition riot.
But am certain that by the time Fayose's tenure elapse and he ceases to enjoy immunity, this Buhari govt's attack dog - ( the EFCC) will come barking ferociously at Fayose.

1 Like

Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by SouthEastFacts: 7:32am On Dec 20, 2017
I don't understand why some men will be in one air conditioned room and take decision about money that belongs to the entire states without recourse to their State Assemblies.

Dr. Okezie, in all my entire life, I have never seen a Federal road as bad as PH Road, a major road that cuts through Aba. Use Abia share and build that road. If at all you must donate our share to the NE, to fight BH that had been defeated about 12 months ago, follow due process. Consult our State Assembly.

Thank You.

1 Like

Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by koropotopoto: 7:38am On Dec 20, 2017
thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin
Re: $1 Billion ECA, Give Me Ekiti Share To Fight HUNGER Haram; FAYOSE by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 20, 2017
bigerboy200:
Playing politics with National security...
Which kind National Security...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Trumps Takes Swipe At Nigerians Again! / Igbos Endorse Buhari For 2nd Term!! Haba / I Will Commit Suicide If Muhammad Buhari Does Not Contest In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.