Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike (17051 Views)

I Supported Buhari’s Re-election, Because I Foresaw His Victory ― Obiano / Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram / I Was Very Sentimental When I Supported Buhari Against Jonathan – Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by kahal29: 3:46am On Dec 30, 2017
The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, said the decision of his colleagues in the Nigeria Governors Forum to allow the federal government withdraw $1 billion from the Excess Crude Account, ECA, is illegal.

He, however, indicated that he supported the decision because the motive was that the money would be largely used to fight the Boko Haram insurgency.

Mr. Wike stated this on Friday shortly after he met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The government has said the money is to be used in the fight against Boko Haram and insecurity across the country.

The decision by the NGF has generated controversy even among the governors with one of them, Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State, challenging the decision in court.

Speaking with State House correspondents after the meeting, Mr. Wike said, “Even though for me it’s illegal, however, we are told we are fighting insurgency and no right thinking person in the country will say that he would not support the government in fighting against insurgency.

“But on the other hand too, I believe that when you are talking about environmental issues in the Niger Delta particularly the Ogoniland, I believe that we can also take money from there (Excess Crude Account) to solve the problem of Ogoniland and other Niger Delta areas. That is my position,” he said.

Mr. Wike said his meeting with Mr. Buhari centred on security matters in his state, adding that he was happy with the discussion.

The governor, who described his relationship with the president as cordial, said their discussion also bordered on other developmental issues in the state.

“I’m happy with the discussion and I believe that something has to be done about (security) it. It is nothing political just security issues that affects the state and things that may lead to the breakdown of law and order. We talked on security challenges and he received me very well.

“We don’t have any bad relationship, I come here when he asked me to come,” he said.

On the allegation that he manipulated the recently held National Convention of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to install his preferred candidate as chairman of the party, Mr. Wike said it was impossible for an individual to install a party chairman in Nigeria.

“It is impossible for one person to own a party. The only thing is that people are vibrating and the ruling party is jittery about it,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/253967-i-supported-withdrawal-1-billion-eca-tackle-insecurity-wike.html

3 Likes

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by bpalace(m): 3:52am On Dec 30, 2017
:chai, FTC back to back....
I can't wait to see 2018, its gonna be beautiful

For wike and and likes, it was their deficiency that gave us the current disaster

5 Likes

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by EASY39(m): 4:05am On Dec 30, 2017
And we are waiting to see how buhari will wipe out his kinsmen fulani militia after this money been relesead. :PAnd we are waiting to see how buhari will wipe out his kinsmen fulani militia after this money been relesead.

14 Likes

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by Desyner: 4:30am On Dec 30, 2017
The insecurity fight is a half-hearted one on Bubu's side. He should go after Fulani herdsmen with same drive he goes after militants, ipob, abuja-kaduna kidnappers, shittes etc.

18 Likes

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 30, 2017
You have been promised your own share.....don't say otherwise joor cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by Atiku2019: 5:25am On Dec 30, 2017
wink
Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by ipobarecriminals: 5:42am On Dec 30, 2017
wicked wike

2 Likes

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by Bede2u(m): 6:46am On Dec 30, 2017
The $1 Billion is simply for 2019 elections.

Just like GEJ in 2015, Buhari is aware of his low rating and intends to spend a lot of money to launder his image in 2019.

Only a fool, a bigot and/or a very wicked person will vote to re-elect a 77 year old man who spent up to 12 months in hospital his first term....especially when no major milestone was recorded in that first term

If re-elected, Buhari would be 81 years in 2023. Do we hate ourselves so much in this country that we would elect a very old man to lead us into the future? Someone whose reference point is from a time before most of us were born?

Pls dont re-elect Buhari.

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by pinkcottoncandy: 6:47am On Dec 30, 2017
Wike is a fool

That money will be used for Apc 2019 election campaign

Pdp will shoot itself in the foot if they allow buhari to collect that money

2 Likes

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by ibnzubair(m): 6:49am On Dec 30, 2017
Really? I have always thought that when these people finally meet Mr president, they'll at least be able to talk without any fear of being accused of insubordination or disloyalty. They're opposition right?

But then, if a PDP governor meets with the president and comes out to say that he "knows using the ECA to fight insurgency is illegal, but the word insurgency won him over" then what do we expect of the APC governors or even the cabinet members?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by okachie1(m): 6:55am On Dec 30, 2017
And now the theatrics continues...this people are using us as a mere pawn on a chess board!

1 Like

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by MummyIMadeIt: 6:59am On Dec 30, 2017
#killthehypocritesnow.
Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by otokx(m): 7:13am On Dec 30, 2017
See falling of hand, PMB is winning the next election.

1 Like

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 30, 2017
Front page

1 Like

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by Adminisher: 7:27am On Dec 30, 2017
Wike is correct about spending ECA money in Ogoniland.
We should also find other corruption free uses of ECA in the Niger Delta. However Fayose 's "local" and parochial standpoint on the issue should be condemned. The man is always taking unprogressive and uneducated standpoint on issues.

Nigeria has very good opportunity to plug gaps in defence ( Airforce and Navy) with a number of ECA withdrawals (not just this one) and we should seize the opportunity. That low quality governor used to complain about Fulani herdsmen but is block8ng the money that will pay for surveillance equipment. Rubbish

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by omenkaLives(m): 7:29am On Dec 30, 2017
kahal29:
The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, said the decision of his colleagues in the Nigeria Governors Forum to allow the federal government withdraw $1 billion from the Excess Crude Account, ECA, is illegal.

He, however, indicated that he supported the decision because the motive was that the money would be largely used to fight the Boko Haram insurgency.
Just look at this..

How many more "illegal" decisions have you supported because of "xyz"?

This is simply an opposition politician doing what opposition politicians do: puting up a facade of opposition to maintain the loyalty of your gullible followers while doing the right thing as suggested by the ruling party.

You just MUST be seen OPPOSING while SUPPORTING.

Funny clown.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 30, 2017
Front page again
Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by babadee1(m): 10:27am On Dec 30, 2017
Desyner:
The insecurity fight is a half-hearted one on Bubu's side. He should go after Fulani herdsmen with same drive he goes after militants, ipob, abuja-kaduna kidnappers, shittes etc.

But he has done much more to tackle Boko Haram than GEJ ever did though.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by kolawoleibukun: 10:27am On Dec 30, 2017
what are these people even doing there in position? They are just wasting time and money
Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by Riversides2003(m): 10:28am On Dec 30, 2017
Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by mccoy47(m): 10:29am On Dec 30, 2017
So all the $500billion recovered by efcc is not enuf? undecided
Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by adeblow(m): 10:31am On Dec 30, 2017
D
Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:34am On Dec 30, 2017
He makes sense to me
Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:36am On Dec 30, 2017
deco2xxx:

Guy go find work, how much this kain 419 wan fetch u to raise family
Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2017
undecided
Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by anibirelawal(m): 10:42am On Dec 30, 2017
OK...SENSE has finnaly FALL on him.
Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by olusola200: 10:44am On Dec 30, 2017
no right thinking person in the country will say that he would not support the government in fighting against insurgency. Says gov wike

So fayose is not thinking right

Meaning he is mad man

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by israelmao(m): 10:46am On Dec 30, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
wicked wike
Is this for pun or schematic analysis?
Re: Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike by promiseulu(m): 10:48am On Dec 30, 2017
[quote author=kahal29 post=63729822]The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, said the decision of his colleagues in the Nigeria Governors Forum to allow the federal government withdraw $1 billion from the Excess Crude Account, ECA, is illegal.

Mr. Wike stated this on Friday shortly after he met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The government has said the money is to be used in the fight against Boko Haram and insecurity across the country.

The decision by the NGF has generated controversy even among the governors with one of them, Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State, challenging the decision in court.

Speaking with State House correspondents after the meeting, Mr. Wike said, “Even though for me it’s illegal, however, we are told we are fighting insurgency and no right thinking person in the country will say that he would not support the government in fighting against insurgency.

“But on the other hand too, I believe that when you are talking about environmental issues in the Niger Delta particularly the Ogoniland, I believe that we can also take money from there (Excess Crude Account) to solve the problem of Ogoniland and other Niger Delta areas. That is my position,” he said.

Mr. Wike said his meeting with Mr. Buhari centred on security matters in his state, adding that he was happy with the discussion.

The governor, who described his relationship with the president as cordial, said their discussion also bordered on other developmental issues in the state.

“I’m happy with the discussion and I believe that something has to be done about (security) it. It is nothing political just security issues that affects the state and things that may lead to the breakdown of law and order. We talked on security challenges and he received me very well.

“We don’t have any bad relationship, I come here when he asked me to come,” he said.

On the allegation that he manipulated the recently held National Convention of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to install his preferred candidate as chairman of the party, Mr. Wike said it was impossible for an individual to install a party chairman in Nigeria.

“It is impossible for one person to own a party. The only thing is that people are vibrating and the ruling party is jittery about it,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/253967-i-supported-withdrawal-1-billion-eca-tackle-insecurity-wike.html[/quote

so fayose and ffk are not right thinking, anyway we already know so y are u indirectly telling fayose dat he is mentally unstable

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun Kuti Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Says "PMB Is Racist" / Nasiru Ado Bayero Assures Ugwuanyi Of Safety Of Igbos In Kano State / 2015 State House Of Assembly Election Monitoring Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.