Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,042 members, 7,859,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:47 PM

FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. (14864 Views)

$2b Bank Fraud: FG Probes 2 Serving Ministers, Ex-cbn Gov / Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P / U.S., Presidency Fire Jonathan Over Poll, Graft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by waveman2: 11:32am On Dec 21, 2017
I Don, t understand this govt. They are now trying to spend money when they just have 1 yr to go. Election things. After leading the country into recession.
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by rusher14: 11:34am On Dec 21, 2017
naijaboy756:
confirmed BMC Zone b...

How dare you sell your future for N30K?

Yet you accept Fayose's 25k.

1 Like

Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by wirinet(m): 11:54am On Dec 21, 2017
luvinhubby:

Since when did governors become part of FEC?

My apologies, I was thinking of the Nigerian council of states.
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Akaujaa(m): 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2017
Nigerians are the reason why Nigeria is bad, yet they complain everyday, blaming the government of the day. When issues like this are raised, the people get divided. Some supporting while some are against. At the end, the issue dies off naturally as it came while politicians continue their business of running the country aground unopposed.
The day Nigerians irrespective of tribal affiliation, will speak with one voice against the ills of politicians, that's the day Nigeria will start working for good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Charly68: 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2017
When a perfectionist comes to power this is what you see..he wants to put the record straight and that is why PDP are restless and are bent to sack Baba out of ASO ROCK but Baba Fulani himself dey kampe: He does not give a damn ,whether they like it or not he would do his job thoroughly at least for the good 4 years ,whatever happens in 2019 no problem ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by continentalceo(m): 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2017
wirinet:

You guys (IPOB, POP and 5 percenters) are really pathetic. You want Nigeria to crumble just because your hero lost the elections, forgetting you will also be consumed in the conflagration.

The FEC comprising of all governors is to budget N6.9 billion for textbooks for schools but insists it wants to know what happens to the 8.68 billion that was awarded for the same books in 2013. If the contracts for the books had been awarded and not supplied, would it not make sense and beneficial to Nigerian students to ask the suppliers to supply the books also, but you guys are crying all over the place.

You are a big fool. Kapish
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Lomprico2: 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2017
I can bet my left ball that Amechi raised this dust to rope Wike.

Probe 'em oh!

1 Like

Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Akaujaa(m): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2017
...if only Nigerians can fight politicians with the same spirit, passion and enthusiasm with which they support the super eagles when they play against other countries.
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by wirinet(m): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
netflicks:

And the hardship of today including the fuel hike is the worst ever recorded in the history of Nigeria....APC and Buhari is like a punishment for the sins we committed in 2015....

This fuel scarcity the worst ever recorded in nigeria's history? You must be less than 3 years old.

Fuel scarcity bites harder in Lagos as marketers’ stocks dry up - February 2014 - http://www.nigeriaroute.com/blog/fuel-scarcity-bites-harder-in-lagos-as-marketers-stocks-dry-up/

FUEL SCARCITY: JONATHAN WADES IN, DIRECTS PETROLEUM MINISTER TO MEET OIL WORKERS
September 21, 2014 - http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/news/fuel-scarcity-jonathan-wades-directs-petroleum-minister-meet-oil-workers/

Fuel scarcity to bite harder – Investigation
30 OCT 2012 - https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/fuel-scarcity-to-bite-harder-investigation/amp/

There is no year Nigeria had not face serious fuel scarcity within the last 30 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Pope22(m): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
Am going to save these "approvals" for future reference.
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Ewedegubbler: 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2017
Just to distract Nigerians from the fuel anguish. Firstly it EFCC pouncing on Innoson and thereby creating big wahala for GTB which might seriously decimate the fortunes of the bank,
Now it’s another GEJ mumbo jumbo...

1 Like

Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Ewedegubbler: 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2017
Charly68:
When a perfectionist comes to power this is what you see..he wants to put the record straight and that is why PDP are restless and are bent to sack Baba out of ASO ROCK but Baba Fulani himself dey kampe: He does not give a damn ,whether they like it or not he would do his job thoroughly at least for the good 4 years ,whatever happens in 2019 no problem ..

Just the way he put it straight with Maina, Baru, Babachir, Oke And list goes on .. Sango will bend your neck

1 Like

Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Jesusloveyou: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2017
biacan:
Books kwa.......... shocked only GOD knows how much they are going to be probing for salts in aso rock

This government will always find who to blame for their misfortune........smh
this government will always find out the stealing of your ineffectual buffoon

1 Like

Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Andy2274: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
wirinet:

You guys (IPOB, POP and 5 percenters) are really pathetic. You want Nigeria to crumble just because your hero lost the elections, forgetting you will also be consumed in the conflagration.

The FEC comprising of all governors is to budget N6.9 billion for textbooks for schools but insists it wants to know what happens to the 8.68 billion that was awarded for the same books in 2013. If the contracts for the books had been awarded and not supplied, would it not make sense and beneficial to Nigerian students to ask the suppliers to supply the books also, but you guys are crying all over the place.

. How does it solve the problem of fuel scarcity when the president is the petroleum minister? Why not address the present problem in his ministry? What about the NNPC probe? Has Buhari jailed anybody? Is Jonathan the cause of Maina reinstatement? Was Maina reinstated during Jonathan regime? Why was Buhari against #145 pms price during Jonathan but he later fixed the price at #145 during his tenure? Is Jonathan the cause of increase in foodstuffs? Jonathan lose election but there was no blood shared. In 2011 Buhari lose election and people including corp members were killed. Amaechi, Lai Mohammed, Saraki, Audu Ogbeh and co ruled for over eight years during Jonathan and PDP but became saints in less than 2 years during Buhari........Suffering and Smiling.
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by isnovic(m): 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
wirinet:

It is not possible to move on, unless we solve the problems put in us by the PDP administration of the last 16 yrs. You say there is no point trying to prove the last administration was corrupt when the whole world except you guys believe the last administration was corrupt.

Continue to prove last administration was corrupt until 4 years will be complete.
In case it is lost on you, by May 2018, this present administration will have 1 year to go on its 4 year term.

And absolutely nothing to show for it, in democracy dividend to you, me and the common man.

Just a piece of advice, the Govt of the day should focus their energy in delivering just 1 one of the 3 cardinal electoral promises of Buhari and by extension APC.

This has been a charade of shame, frustration, disappointment and most cases not rising up to the occasions.

How can we forget so soon, The Osbornegate saga, The NNPCgate, The Mainagate and the recent NEbudgetgate series. These are but some examples that has defined moment in this present government that no one has provided accountability for.

We have never had it this bad, to despondence by citizen to the extent that suicide is common.
We have never had it this bad, that Nigerians willingly offer themselves to be bought as slave in as low a country as Libya.
Never have we had so bad, that mothers even Parents are selling their kids just to survive.
Never have we had so bad, that the Naira is worthless with food cost almost 1.6-1.7 their original cost.
How about the currency?

These are the real indices in the street, and not some fancied econometrics data abracadabra.

1 Like

Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by biacan(f): 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2017
wirinet:

I wanted to engage you before but after glancing your history, I relided that you are not worth my time. You lack the educational, intellectual and maturity to engage in any meaningful discussion. I noticed you are more active in the romance section, stick to that and avoid attempting to sound cerebral.

I cannot even hire you as a cleaner in my office.

My advice to you is; improve your self, get an education, find a reasonable job and get a responsible husband. Make something worthwhile with your life, time waits for no one.

As I said, you are not worth my time, this is my last response to you.

A BMC worker wants to hire me

1 Like

Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by biacan(f): 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2017
wirinet:

My apologies, I was thinking of the Nigerian council of states.
Yes Nigerian council of states where your destiny is been discussed.......no one gat you hater I hope you're getting ready cause 2019 is almost here...........you just played yourself boy
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Meritocracy: 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
We never finished, the billion naira stove contract probe is in the pipeline.
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
...FEC awards N377.5bn contracts

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/12/fg-probes-jonathan-n8-68bn-textbooks-contract/

All the FG can do is walk around GEJ, Or else they are inviting our very own Avengers to make a press statement ahead of January 2018.. grin
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Charly68: 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ewedegubbler:

Just the way he put it straight with Maina, Baru, Babachir, Oke And list goes on .. Sango will bend your neck
You will kill yourself before December ending except God is not alive..
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by bejeria101(m): 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
No Wahala! The helipad in daura who would probe that? dullard united!
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
Financialfree:
this another campaign strategy to rubbish PDP but we know how it will end--just media trial
Nothing more.

But he that lives in glass house should not cast a stone,
APC is not so clean as the claim
Funny people! As if they are normal. Who will probe the lack of syringe in the hospital after all the billions budgeted for it

1 Like

Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by apolonius(m): 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2017
GEJ was the worst of our presidential class. His comprehensive failures pushed us back to the past to recruit tired brains and old bones. Sad!

General Buhari has not done so well too. Yet his appetite for probing sets a standard that will be used against his government too. Nigeria gains anyhow.
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Andy2274: 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2017
apolonius:
GEJ was the worst of our presidential class. His comprehensive failures pushed us back to the past to recruit tired brains and old bones. Sad!

General Buhari has not done so well too. Yet his appetite for probing sets a standard that will be used against his government too. Nigeria gains anyhow.
. In worse president time fuel was #87 while in best president fuel was #145. In worse president time bag of rice was #7000 while in best president time bag of rice is #16,000. During best president nothing was spent on his health while the best president spent months and millions of naira on his health. Amaechi, Lai, Ogbeh, Igige and co were in power for over eight years during worse president but became saints wthin two years abi? Educated illiterate!
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by apolonius(m): 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
Andy2274:
. In worse president time fuel was #87 while in best president fuel was #145. In worse president time bag of rice was #7000 while in best president time bag of rice is #16,000. During best president nothing was spent on his health while the best president spent months and millions of naira on his health. Amaechi, Lai, Ogbeh, Igige and co were in power for over eight years during worse president but became saints wthin two years abi? Educated illiterate!

Jaundiced and quite pedestrian. Neither Buhari nor GEJ is a symbol of serious and visionary leadership.

GEJ failed woefully and made Buhari a choice. Like I said, Buhari should be retired as he doesn't have all it takes to lead a modern state. Yet I will pick him over GEJ or any other unserious and visionless candidate like Atiku.

Get serious, my friend.
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by apolonius(m): 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2017
Andy2274:

Which government did Lai,Ngige and Ogbeh serve?Learn basic history before you debate basic governance.
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Bizibi(m): 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
wirinet:

No body says APC is clean, you guys get your act together and win the next elections, then you are at liberty to tell us how dirty APC was.

But for now, we need to know the full extent of PDP's filth.
mtcheeeeeew!!!!! And you want me to waste my time on this in this fuel scarcity period......
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by Andy2274: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
apolonius:

Which government did Lai,Ngige and Ogbeh serve?Learn basic history before you debate basic governance.
. Historian i can see all of them were from APC from the beginning abi?
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by wirinet(m): 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2017
apolonius:

Jaundiced and quite pedestrian. Neither Buhari nor GEJ is a symbol of serious and visionary leadership.

GEJ failed woefully and made Buhari a choice. Like I said, Buhari should be retired as he doesn't have all it takes to lead a modern state. Yet I will pick him over GEJ or any other unserious and visionless candidate like Atiku.

Get serious, my friend.

Glam! Exactly my sentiments. If you guys present GEJ again or present another member of the old looting guard, then lots of us will have no choice but to painfully go with Buhari, as nepotic, religious extremist and geriatric as he is.
Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by crystal38: 11:29pm On Dec 21, 2017

from various comments above me, you will realize most people don't read the full story before"throwing stones.

sigh..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency: Yusuf Buhari Impersonated On Instagram / Abike Dabiri Presents A Cheque Of 1M To South Africa Returnee Who Is A Widow / Al-Makura: Tinubu In Same League As Awolowo, Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.