Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? (4821 Views)

5 Myths About Spiritual Spouse / Come In For Your Spiritual Consultation With A Sage / Consult Us Today For Your Spiritual Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? by Suhaibu(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2010
I was discussing with my Coptic-Christian friend, and he was trying to inculcate his dogma in me, arguing aggressively on trinity and original sin. Then I asked him to show me the proof from the word of Jesus and fortunately for us, Red-letter bible is on our midst. I demanded:

Show me from the red ink where Jesus mentioned trinity. He couldn't. All the verses he was showing to me were in black ink.
Finally, he said:

"You must be born again to belief in the mystery of trinity: you are not spiritually enough to understand it."
You must be born again to be spiritually good? to understand trinity? I asked.

That I took a real interest in: You must be born again. I want to know how this works; where is the proof from the scripture?
Brought me Romans Chapter 8.

Paul says (in the 8th chapter of Romans); if you are born-again what happen is that, the spirit of God comes into you and it tells you that God is now your Father. So you cry out: "Abba, Father."

Abba, is an unusual word, it means Father in Aramaic. So I look up to the word where else it is in the bible? It is only one other place Paul talks about Abba let you find it for yourself. And same place, he also talks about how it is that same works, he says:

That the spirit of God comes within you, you become a child of God; you call out to God: "Abba, Father". Now God is your Father and he goes on to say now you have a new Mother. A new Mother. God is your Father and you have a new Mother.

Since when I discover this verse till now I have yet to meet some one who is born-again and ask him: Who is your Father? they say God and ask further, who is your Mother? They don't know.

Why not? it is in the Bible. You have a new Mother if you are born-again. Why did the Spirit of God when it comes within you forget to tell you who your Mother is?

It is there! let you find it.

My Coptic-Christians and Catholic Asians couldn't give me the answer. I though I could demand it here:

WHO IS YOUR SPIRITUAL MOTHER?
Re: Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? by jagunlabi(m): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2010
Mother Earth is my spiritual mother. smiley
Re: Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? by noetic16(m): 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2010
Suhaibu:

I was discussing with my Coptic-Christian friend, and he was trying to inculcate his dogma in me, arguing aggressively on trinity and original sin. Then I asked him to show me the proof from the word of Jesus and fortunately for us, Red-letter bible is on our midst. I demanded:

Show me from the red ink where Jesus mentioned trinity. He couldn't. All the verses he was showing to me were in black ink.
Finally, he said:

"You must be born again to belief in the mystery of trinity: you are not spiritually enough to understand it."
You must be born again to be spiritually good? to understand trinity? I asked.

That I took a real interest in: You must be born again. I want to know how this works; where is the proof from the scripture?
Brought me Romans Chapter 8.

Paul says (in the 8th chapter of Romans); if you are born-again what happen is that, the spirit of God comes into you and it tells you that God is now your Father. So you cry out: "Abba, Father."

Abba, is an unusual word, it means Father in Aramaic. So I look up to the word where else it is in the bible? It is only one other place Paul talks about Abba let you find it for yourself. And same place, he also talks about how it is that same works, he says:

That the spirit of God comes within you, you become a child of God; you call out to God: "Abba, Father". Now God is your Father and he goes on to say now you have a new Mother. A new Mother. God is your Father and you have a new Mother.

Since when I discover this verse till now I have yet to meet some one who is born-again and ask him: Who is your Father? they say God and ask further, who is your Mother? They don't know.

Why not? it is in the Bible. You have a new Mother if you are born-again. Why did the Spirit of God when it comes within you forget to tell you who your Mother is?

It is there! let you find it.

My Coptic-Christians and Catholic Asians couldn't give me the answer. I though I could demand it here:

WHO IS YOUR SPIRITUAL MOTHER?

romans chapter 8 verse what?. . . , and who is ur spiritual mother?
Re: Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? by bee444: 1:44am On Apr 04, 2010
There's no such thing as 'SPIRITUAL MOTHER', ok! Romans 8 is self-explanatory and doesn't need a pastor to translate it. The bible is not Catholic and neither is it a ritual book.

We're the new generation Church that perfectly and  intellectually understands the will of God in our lives. Forget about the 'Hollier than thou' thing, the ancient and orthodox doctrines, the Jewish and the man-made ways.

A sister is a sister and a mother in the church is a mother in the church! God and Jesus should be our all- in -all.

Not sure of your faith though. But don't try to bring ambiguity and heresies here, ok!
Re: Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? by Suhaibu(m): 6:18am On Apr 04, 2010
@bee444. Am a Muslim. What does my faith got to do with it?

It is really a shame you don't even know your bible. You have a Mother if you are a born again. It is there in your bible. Sad, the so-called holy spirit in you didn't tell you yet. Go figure it yourself.

We're the new generation Church that perfectly and  intellectually understands the will of God in our lives. Forget about the 'Hollier than thou' thing, the ancient and orthodox doctrines, the Jewish and the man-made ways.

Your comment doesn't seem you know averagely your faith nor the will of your God. Stop using this: "perfectly" you aren't even this: good by not knowing your "spiritual mother" shocked

A sister is a sister and a mother in the church is a mother in the church! God and Jesus should be our all- in -all.

Not sure of your faith though. But don't try to bring ambiguity and heresies here, ok!
[quote][/quote]

Common, you are bringing it by belying your ghost!
Re: Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 3:42am On Apr 14, 2010
Suhaibu:

:-)@poster.i really lov d way u presented ur post.d topic sounds somhow&i dont tink i really understand ur point.concernin d spiritual mother.don't u tink dat question does nt nid a reply.no insult intended pls.we dont nid it.dont u tink so.c my brother a canal man can neva understand d tins of d spirit.is only wen u av christ dat u can understand.JESUS LOVE U SO MUCH
Re: Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? by streetwize(m): 4:13am On Apr 14, 2010
Suhaibu:

oh me me. . I got one. . show me from the red ink where Jesus said my name is Jesus. . . so we should not believe that one too. . .
dont be silly. . . there are some things that can be inferred, others are just plain obvious
Re: Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? by Krayola(m): 4:16am On Apr 14, 2010
So red ink means Jesus said it, or that the authors claim Jesus said it?  undecided
Re: Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2010
^ go ahead & kindly explain the verse (I will appreciate opinions from bible scholars or persons gifted with scriptural interpretation orr holy ghost inspired born again)
Re: Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? by Linusman(m): 4:47pm On Apr 14, 2010
Face your religion, understand it well and become a good Muslim and stop pocking your nose into another man's own. Just like you feel you can ridicule another man's religion, yours can be ridiculed too. Remember, religion is subjective and not objective, its NOT science that says where there is a father, there must be a mother (sperm and ova). MIND YOUR RELIGION! angry

(1) (Reply)

Our Ignorance Is God / All Demons Are Male Gender / Religious Crisis In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.