Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku (20986 Views)

Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki / Photos Of Crowd Waiting For President Buhari For His Rally In Kano /  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by temitemi1(m): 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
His recent political comments, realignments and permutations notwithstanding, Atiku Abubakar has not decided to run for president in 2019.

The former vice-president told VOA Hausa when he featured on a magazine program there Tuesday that Nigerians will know when he eventually takes the bold move.

“For now I have not made up my mind,” Mr. Abubakar said. “When I decide, I will let the world know.”

Mr. Abubakar’s statement is capable of demoralising his supporters, some of whom have already commenced groundwork for his 2019 bid, said Azibola Omekwe, the national coordinator of The Atiku Rennaisance, a political group.

Mr. Azibola said the 2019 ambition of Mr. Atiku has gained considerable momentum in recent weeks, a ‘moving train’ he said would be difficult to reverse.

“Just recently, some people came out to say that they will sue the former vice-president if he fails to join the race,” Mr. Azibola said. “That’s how serious some of his supporters have now taken his ambition.”

Mr. Abubakar’s spokesperson, Paul Ibe, said the politician’s fans should not be demoralised by the comments.

“He spoke in the context of his ongoing consultations, but he’ll eventually make up his mind to run,” Mr. Ibe said. “Those who have started politicking on his behalf should continue.”

Mr. Azibola acknowledged that the final decision on Mr. Atiku’s political choice in 2019 would be the former vice-president’s to make.

“But I’m sure he will ultimately decide to run because he’s the best option to beat President Buhari,” said Mr. Azibola, a former state legislator in Bayelsa. “We expect him to do this within the first quarter of 2018.”

The last one month had seen Mr. Abubakar resign from the ruling All Progressives Congress to return to the Peoples Democratic Party, under which he served eight years as VP between 1999-2007.

After using his resignation letter to convey his misgivings about President Muhammadu Buhari, Mr. Atiku granted a media interview in which he accused the president of incompetence.

He also accused Mr. Buhari of stoking ethnic and tribal divisions in the country, saying he will handily ‘defeat’ the president in 2019.

Mr. Buhari has not openly exchanged words with Mr. Abubakar, but the presidency warned the former vice president to stop disparaging the president.

The reprimand followed allegations that Mr. Buhari was banned from travelling to the United States for 15 years as a consequence of his religious views.

Mr. Abubakar used the purported ban to ward off allegations that he is wanted in the U.S. for fraud.

Mr. Abubakar said he had applied for visa to the U.S. but was denied on administrative grounds.

He, however, failed to present evidence of his claim that Mr. Buhari was also banned from the U.S. despite being challenged by the State House to do so.

American authorities have not responded to PREMIUM TIMES requests seeking clarification about both Mr. Atiku’s status and the alleged ban of the president some years back.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/253188-2019-ive-not-made-mind-run-president-atiku.html

1 Like

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by dafeyankee: 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
Serial Loser.

As long as that shrine still remains in OTA, just forget about the Presidency for now.

You made a whole BABA kneel down to beg for his second term. Your own finish politically.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by mrvitalis(m): 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2017
A man who can lie with simple things like this
Is not a man I can trust yo rule Nigeria

My own opinion tho

PDP bring back Ribadu or someone younger or I would still go with Buhari

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Jochabed(f): 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2017
Mr Atiku Sir, i need you to calm down and get serious. We really don't know what u want.

12 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Mynd44: 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2017
Lmaoooooo

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by famology(m): 3:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
This man can lie for Africa.

26 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Evablizin(f): 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2017
shocked

I'm afraid. You're unstable like ocean.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by midolian(m): 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2017
Atiku is probably still weighing his options. He is fully aware that the support he is getting from the east cant get him anywhere close to Abuja, let alone Aso rock. grin

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
angry

∆ Atiku2019 there is an urgent issue here.

APC and sarrki right now!!! ∆

18 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Troublemaker007(m): 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2017
2019 presidential pool: Like for Atiku, Share for Buhari

Lalasticlala and mynd44 come na cast ur votes

59 Likes 156 Shares

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by erifeoluwasimi(f): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2017
Inthe past old men like flog young ones for lyin but old man like you [Atiku]still dey lie.IT IS FINISHED

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2017
Evablizin:
shocked

I'm afraid. You're unstable like ocean.

angry

∆ Exactly we should be ready for his instabilities if he eventually becomes the President... ∆

6 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2017
Igbos vote Buhari in 2019, get Igbo Presidency in 2023. We don talk our own o.

Lalasticlala come and see this op wetin him come post for here o.

11 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by funlord(m): 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2017
Abeg ran don't run! Confused alhaji... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
Sarrki madridguy omenka

1 Like

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Annnonymous: 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
IT IS TOO EARLY TO CHICKEN OUT, MR ATIKU ABUBAKAR.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Donkaz(m): 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
story for the gods.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Dee60: 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
When you decide please let me know.

I want to personally deliver half of Lagos to you.

For just 30 million dollars ONLY!

Once you win Lagos, South East and a bit of the North, you will be on your way to Aso Rock.

Please dont reduce the price o, you know baba has recently got approval for 1 billion dollars, for BH and other expenses!

Well done sir. Keep atikulating.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by BruncleZuma: 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
grin grin grin grin

[img]https:///media/11-23-2017/jbE_To.gif[/img]

Anybody remember those Jonathan, Dieziani and Mama Peace animations before the elections grin grin grin grin mehn APC brutal

3 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by dukie25: 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
Atikulate Nation

1 Like

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by linearity: 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
I have not made up my mind to write anything on here either.

OP, please note that I did not comment or post anything yet..smiley

3 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by TheAngry1: 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
mschew...na today? We already know your mind grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by dakeskese(m): 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
If Atiku doesn't win this election... Then I pray to God not to allow me see the next century. At most, I should live to 2099.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Sirpaul(m): 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
i smell lies

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by captianfreeman(m): 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
It is a lie.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by EDOPRO: 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
Only pigs believe atiku will dare Buhari in 2019

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by kelvyn7: 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
This post never reach FP yet e done dey trend ...86 guests

1 Like

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by sureheaven(m): 4:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
Hahahahaha, the very day u returned to PDP is the very day u lost ur political respect and honor......... ur dog went back to its vomit. It's too late to say this because the whole had known ur gimmicks. Shame on you and all ur ipob suppoters

16 Likes

Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by EazyMoh(m): 4:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
Why do you guys have to use that ugly picture of Atiku all the time?
Re: 2019: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President – Atiku by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
grin linus

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: NLC To Embark On Nationwide Protest On Wednesday / What Are The Benefits Of Being Part Of A Presidential Campaign Council? / APC Wins All The Rerun Elections In Kaduna,Niger, Nassarawa And Plateau States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.