Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister (20730 Views)

Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) / Obasanjo Swearing In Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
M in for this. He should resign.

Lest I forget,

NNAMDI KANU IS A CURSED FRAUDSTER!

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Josco24685(m): 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
bolt000:
And after all this one.. one useless youth would now subscribe(with hin own money) and come online to start defending this useless govt. You must be under a spell, infact you're cursed, you're mad, walai ori e ti buru.
Bro na fight? Take it easy NIGERIA will be GREAT again. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
doctokwus:

You want to crucify me because I believed in someone that I have now found deceived me in almost everything about himself?
You sound intelligent and learned, that you could believe a man like buhari was all ‘that’ without making an informed decision (at least the internet is there with all the information you want at your fingertips)...that you could believe a man whose educational qualifications was in contention, a man who never engaged in any nation building endeavor, but always surfaced when it was time for elections...that you could be deceived by such an obvious scam that is buhari into thinking he had the wherewithal to steer a modern Nigeria to the eldorado....well you can take solace in the fact that you’re not the only supposedly educated Nigerian who got hoodwinked by buhari and his cohorts..and you won’t be the last either!

5 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by bolt000(m): 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2017
Josco24685:
Bro na fight? Take it easy NIGERIA will be GREAT again. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
God should bless Nigeria fine.. but any troll that comes here or anywhere to defend this useless gov't is cursed, unreasonable and insane, he/she doesn't have any hope of recovering ever again and needs a lobotomy.

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
#EnjoyYourNigeria
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by VULCAN(m): 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
Where is the evidence of your assertion? I too heard this rumour but as it almost absolves the Govt I'm a bit sceptical.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Buhari may not be the best choice for Minister of Petroluem, but he should not resign.

The real problem are the greedy marketers and petrol station owners who are hoarding products.
This hoard translates to artificial scarcity which ultimately translates to an increased profit margin for them.

I expected you to say a functional taskforce should be set up to fine or seal up stations hoarding products.

With that said,
Buhari should not resign as Minister of Petroleum, he should resign as President.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Sagay212: 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Buhari may not be the best choice for Minister of Petroluem, but he should not resign.

The real problem are the greedy marketers and petrol station owners who are hoarding products.
This hoard translates to artificial scarcity which ultimately translates to an increased profit margin for them.

I expected you to say a functional taskforce should be set up to fine or seal up stations hoarding products.

With that said,
Buhari should not resign as Minister of Petroleum, he should resign as President.

If the petrol station are hoarding fuel, the what is the task force doing? How many filing station has been closed and fined as penalty for hoarding fuel. The government is useless. Plain and simple

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by megama: 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2017
eagleeye2:

Yeah that is the truth. Companies like God is Good motors are collecting 14,400. You can check it on their website.
we always live in and like sabotage. May God help us
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by VULCAN(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
It seems you APC people don't have shame.

You claim you had to remove subsidy so you almost doubled the fuel price. Something which Abacha didn't even do.

Now they have sent you people out to tell us that you need to deregulate again.

Its good for Nigerians anyway, the suffering under Buhari will soon enter gear 2.

You people removed a weak man and replaced him with a heartless man.

Stay tuned for part 2

9jakohai:
Oil subsidy must go...

1. There were serious scarcities during GEJ'S time in office...and we did not chase him out then. grin
2.Reasons why we have fuel queues are simple

First, we import PMS now at 142 . Before it was at 132 naira. And we are still forcing IPMAN to sell at N145. If i was an IPMAN member, i would have hoarded too.
Second, oil prices are too low for Nigeria to adequately subsidize fuel AND increase the value of the naira. As a result, naira value is falling, meaning we need more naira to buy fuel, and more naira to get dollars to import.
Nigeria needs oil at $120 per barrel to balance the books. Right now it is at $64. (That is why we borrow to finance the budget, but that's another story).

Bubu could end fuel queues IF he removed the 'imaginary' subsidy, and allowed fuel marketers to set their prices.

YES...fuel will sell at 200-300 naira per liter.
YES...govt should have built new refineries, and gotten those modular refineries running.

BUT as investment flows in...since under deregulation, people would be allowed to make heavy profit...prices will fall, since those marketers who sell at lower prices than their competitors would make more money.

If BUBU wants to be a leader, not a politician, he should take the HARD decision and allow for deregulation.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by doctokwus: 9:36pm On Dec 21, 2017
gameboyo:

I noticed this in my state, Akwa Ibom and I got so angry at the restriction
Its more annoying when you consider that its the airing of views via phone-in programs by Nigerians,unrestricted and with sometimes ear splitting accusations,vitriolic and anger,against the Jonathan government,that contributed largely in coalescing opinions and subsequently votes against GEJ,because many of the millions that voted for Buhari were not social media attuned,but would readily tune in their radio and FM enabled phones to listen to the several newspaper phone-in programs.
How can any sensible person now support a man that is now restricting the same medium that helped largely in bringing him to power!

4 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
VULCAN:
It seems you APC people don't have shame.

You claim you had to remove subsidy so you almost doubled the fuel price. Something which Abacha didn't even do.

Now they have sent you people out to tell us that you need to deregulate again.

Its good for Nigerians anyway, the suffering under Buhari will soon enter gear 2.

You people removed a weak man and replaced him with a heartless man.

Stay tuned for part 2

I am not an APC supporter, and i thought GEJ price increase made sense back in 2012.

If it worked for GSM, it could work for fuel.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 21, 2017
waveman2:
I almost wanted to I insult u but I will save dat.we are buying fuel at 145 Naira per liter because crude oil price is low. Now oil price is beginning to pick up reality is beginning to check in. They now have to increase price because selling at 145 is no more realistic but they, will not telling Nigerians d truth.GEJ was sold petrol at 97 Naira per liter as this our devilish apc said there was nothing like subsidy. What amazes me is the fact that Nigerians have lost their voice. By now we should be occupying Nigeria.

1Because of the fall in crude oil prices, we no longer have money to subsidise fuel...and yes, govt was being creative with the truth when they told you subsidy has gone last year.

2.Because of the fall in crude oil prices, the dollars to keep up the value of the naira are in short supply...so you need more naira to get one dollar...which is why it now costs N141 to import one liter of fuel as against N92 in 2012.

3.Our refineries collectively can produce 20 million liters of PMS a day(And thanks to years of mismanagement, they can't.). Our daily need as a country is 40-70 MILLION liters of PMS a day. THAT is why we are importing

4.If GEJ had been allowed to increase prices from N65 to N140 in 2011/12, we would have had enough cash then to invest in other things, and there would have been enough foreign investment to buiild three refineries by now.

5.We cannot build refineries because they cost money. Dangote is building a 9bn dollar refinery...$6bn of that is from loans.

6.IF we deregulate...ie stop govt from setting price of fuel...and leave it in the hands of marketers, sure fuel price will go up to N200 and above,BUT eventually competition and investment would bring prices down...AND revive the petroleum industry. We may even have the money for more investment.That is why subsidy should have gone in 2012.

7.Why we are seeing queues....is because in the last 3 weeks, the price of imported fuel went up to N141 from 132...because OIL has gone up from $28...when pms was N145 retail to $60...so the refining costs of imported fuel would go up.

Addendum...GEJ sold fuel at N97...up from N65....when crude was above $90 and as such we had the dollars to subsidize.EVEN then...we still had queues by 2013...because of high import costs.

This is not an argument for PMB...or GEJ. It is an argument for deregulation...which should have happened since 1993...when it was first talked about.

Good evening.

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by BudeYahooCom: 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
We've bought fuel at 400 naira per litre in this country, and no body resigned.
Na this child play wey person go come resign ?

This zombirudeen is typing right from Bumbohari Media centre.

3 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by kaykith05(m): 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I expected you to say a functional taskforce should be set up to fine or seal up stations hoarding products
I been think say u get sense , but alas

With that said,
U don't know noth.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by doctokwus: 10:11pm On Dec 21, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

You sound intelligent and learned, that you could believe a man like buhari was all ‘that’ without making an informed decision (at least the internet is there with all the information you want at your fingertips)...that you could believe a man whose educational qualifications was in contention, a man who never engaged in any nation building endeavor, but always surfaced when it was time for elections...that you could be deceived by such an obvious scam that is buhari into thinking he had the wherewithal to steer a modern Nigeria to the eldorado....well you can take solace in the fact that you’re not the only supposedly educated Nigerian who got hoodwinked by buhari and his cohorts..and you won’t be the last either!
Bros,Jonathan needed to go and I was sold Buhari.
I couldn't tolerate Jonathan's one extra day in office and got packaged a man acclaimed to be incorrupt and with unblemished integrity.I overlooked every other thing or rather,deliberately wanted to believe all the packaging.
That he neither has integrity or is not corrupt is now without dispute.
I have been trying my best to rectify my grave error.

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by fx45(m): 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
safarigirl:
they are selling fuel #350 in some areas already.

This child's play should no be ocxuring considering the pump price is more than twice the amount it was back then. On what basis should there be scarcity if the product is already expensive?

Even worse, this is the festive season and it makes the scarcity even more glaring
I thought I saw love vendor price somewhere in this post not so long ago. I wanted clarification on that.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2017
doctokwus:

Bros,Jonathan needed to go and I was sold Buhari.
I couldn't tolerate Jonathan's one extra day in office and got packaged a man acclaimed to be incorrupt and with unblemished integrity.I overlooked every other thing or rather,deliberately wanted to believe all the packaging.
That he neither has integrity or is not corrupt is now without dispute.
I have been trying my best to rectify my grave error.
See eh my guy let me tell you one thing you seem to be overlooking...incorruptibility or dignity is just a tip of the iceberg in being a good administrator...if you have All the goodwill but lack the necessary requirements and fortifications to carry out those goodwill you will still fail..if all Nigeria needed was an incorruptible man then I would bring a lot of octogenarians in my village who are deemed to be incorruptible to manage my business.For one to succeed as a good administrator in a modern Nigeria, you need to have the mental fortitude, global and economic enlightenment to really make headway..why do you think the likes of obasanjo ‘succeeded’ to a certain degree? Because he was incorruptible? NO, he realized you need sound economic and diplomatic expertise to run a modern day country like Nigeria..something which the buhari led administration is gravely lacking.

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by safarigirl(f): 10:33pm On Dec 21, 2017
fx45:
I thought I saw love vendor price somewhere in this post not so long ago. I wanted clarification on that.
lol...it was a typo, I meant to write 'pump' price, but I wrote 'pi+mp' instead cuz of how close I and e are....then Nairaland autocorrect changed 'pim-p' to love-vendor
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by godofuck231: 10:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
doctokwus:
Couldn't get fuel in many stations in Lagos today and those few filling stations that had are witnessing mad queues.
The story is the same or even worse in other parts of Nigeria.
The Petroleum minister is President Muhammadu Buhari.This same man got away with the most drastic price increase in the pump price of fuel in Nigeria,so there is no justification for this current scarcity.
I have not seen this level of incompetence becausevi am sure if YarAdua,and even Jonathan in all his incompetent glory had been allowed the same leeway,and this kind of scarcity persists,they would virtually have been chased out of office! Couldn't get fuel in many stations in Lagos today and those few filling stations that had are witnessing mad queues.
The Petroleum minister is President Muhammadu Buhari.This same man got away with the most drastic price increase in the pump price of fuel in Nigeria,so there is no justification for this current scarcity.
I have not seen this level of incompetence becausevi am sure if YarAdua,and even Jonathan in all his incompetent glory had been allowed the same leeway,and this kind of scarcity persists,they would virtually have been chased out of office!
Couldn't get fuel in many stations in Lagos today and those few filling stations that had are witnessing mad queues.
I have not seen this level of incompetence because I am sure if YarAdua,and even Jonathan in all his maligned incompetence,had been allowed the same leeway with price increase and this kind of scarcity persists,they would virtually have been chased out of office!

Am trying to chanji the petroleum industry for the chanji , pdp ha sfoil the cantry
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by erico2k2(m): 11:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
9jakohai:

1Because of the fall in crude oil prices, we no longer have money to subsidise fuel...and yes, govt was being creative with the truth when they told you subsidy has gone last year.

2.Because of the fall in crude oil prices, the dollars to keep up the value of the naira are in short supply...so you need more naira to get one dollar...which is why it now costs N141 to import one liter of fuel as against N92 in 2012.

3.Our refineries collectively can produce 20 million liters of PMS a day(And thanks to years of mismanagement, they can't.). Our daily need as a country is 40-70 MILLION liters of PMS a day. THAT is why we are importing

4.If GEJ had been allowed to increase prices from N65 to N140 in 2011/12, we would have had enough cash then to invest in other things, and there would have been enough foreign investment to buiild three refineries by now.

5.We cannot build refineries because they cost money. Dangote is building a 9bn dollar refinery...$6bn of that is from loans.

6.IF we deregulate...ie stop govt from setting price of fuel...and leave it in the hands of marketers, sure fuel price will go up to N200 and above,BUT eventually competition and investment would bring prices down...AND revive the petroleum industry. We may even have the money for more investment.That is why subsidy should have gone in 2012.

7.Why we are seeing queues....is because in the last 3 weeks, the price of imported fuel went up to N141 from 132...because OIL has gone up from $28...when pms was N145 retail to $60...so the refining costs of imported fuel would go up.

Addendum...GEJ sold fuel at N97...up from N65....when crude was above $90 and as such we had the dollars to subsidize.EVEN then...we still had queues by 2013...because of high import costs.

This is not an argument for PMB...or GEJ. It is an argument for deregulation...which should have happened since 1993...when it was first talked about.

Good evening.

Your assumptions are dull, extreemly DULL,tell me one country in this world where you are going to import petrol and sell for less than N400, Im waiting.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Phoniex23: 11:37pm On Dec 21, 2017
embarassed God will see us through, sha no forget if u get any E-cards to trade, tape the link on my signature...

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by edlion57(m): 11:56pm On Dec 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

With that said,
stop spreading false information...am a staff in one oil depot...no depot has received oil since 1 month now apart from FynField... leave Marketers out of dis

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by InvertedHammer: 5:48am On Dec 22, 2017
/
LOL.

Just imagining Ngeneukwu, Omenkalives and Saarki standing in line for hours to get fuel at N250/gallon. grin

Then the pain of coming online to defend PMB because of N1500 recharge card and N30k/month stipend because they signed the "Sell Your Soul" contract as members of the ubiquitous BMC.

Reality kicks hard in the nuts. I love it.

/

2 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Valokemz: 5:51am On Dec 22, 2017
doctokwus:

The thing tire me and people still want to keep quiet,in this Christmas period!
I can't verify but I am hearing transport fare to the East because of the added fuel scarcity has reached 10k!!

That was ystdy... Today is 17k and if d person doesn't have d money make him sit t home jeje. Nonsense govt.. And some idiotic lads will be praising d fool. Gullible nigerians!!
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by no1madman(m): 5:55am On Dec 22, 2017
Na only big nyash dey make me happy ☺

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by jaychubi: 6:33am On Dec 22, 2017
9jakohai:
Oil subsidy must go...

1. There were serious scarcities during GEJ'S time in office...and we did not chase him out then. grin
2.Reasons why we have fuel queues are simple

First, we import PMS now at 142 . Before it was at 132 naira. And we are still forcing IPMAN to sell at N145. If i was an IPMAN member, i would have hoarded too.
Second, oil prices are too low for Nigeria to adequately subsidize fuel AND increase the value of the naira. As a result, naira value is falling, meaning we need more naira to buy fuel, and more naira to get dollars to import.
Nigeria needs oil at $120 per barrel to balance the books. Right now it is at $64. (That is why we borrow to finance the budget, but that's another story).

Bubu could end fuel queues IF he removed the 'imaginary' subsidy, and allowed fuel marketers to set their prices.

YES...fuel will sell at 200-300 naira per liter.
YES...govt should have built new refineries, and gotten those modular refineries running.

BUT as investment flows in...since under deregulation, people would be allowed to make heavy profit...prices will fall, since those marketers who sell at lower prices than their competitors would make more money.

If BUBU wants to be a leader, not a politician, he should take the HARD decision and allow for deregulation.

Nonsense we are nt yet ripe for total deregulation get dt into ur thick skull
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by RealityShot: 7:26am On Dec 22, 2017
tchimatic:
Cc. ngeneukwenu, sarrki, python1
He should resign as president too.

He raised pump price,
He allowed these marketers to as they like..
Yet he can not control pengasson!

Say you want to improove the life of Nigerians yet all your policies bring us suffering everyday.

Mr President, from January to nov pengasson did not strike; its 18th of dec when people (mostly south-easterners) will travel that you allow them to strike, right?

teachers/Nlc tried to strike, you said you will not pay and stopped the strike;
what stopped you from stopping pengasson? Are they bigger than you?

mtcheww.. Shrewd govt..
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by tonguengineer(m): 8:38am On Dec 22, 2017
bolt000:
And after all this one.. one useless youth would now subscribe(with hin own money) and come online to start defending this useless govt. You must be under a spell, infact you're cursed, you're mad, walai ori e ti buru.
No vex pls
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by bolt000(m): 8:54am On Dec 22, 2017
tonguengineer:
No vex pls
Lol.. The vex don clear for my eye small. grin
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by vRendoh(m): 9:06am On Dec 22, 2017
eagleeye2:
Ayam, very surprised that people are not talking about this fuel crisis.

Talk and welcome efcc and dss in the mid of the night
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by tuoyoojo(m): 9:52am On Dec 22, 2017
I wonder what people would have said if this scarcity had happened in the previous administration.

I remember how people had used it to score cheap political points. I remember how APC claimed they had the answers to the problem of Nigeria.

I remember how the so called enlighted ones among us spent their time, money and energy to clamour for the present administration. they said he was the economic czar, the bringer of rain. the one who would take us to utopia

yawa don gas now. every one is now paying for it. fuel queues over 2kms long. critical manhours lost. refineries in a case of comatose. stealing done without fear

I see how fearful we are as a people. we are spineless. people are afraid to speak out due to fear of retribution

when we had a govt that give freedom of speech and gave everyone to opportunity to speak their mind, we saw how people were going berserk saying unprintable stuff, putting the previous government in bad light

agreed the previous govt had its fault, many for that matter but at least they listened to the yearning of the people. at a point they even reduced Fuel prices ( some may say was a move to score cheap political point.) I dare the present government to do that if they can

those people who clamoured for this govt have suddenly lost their tongues, some with all the hunger and suffering still have the audacity to give excuses for the gross incompetence of this govt

2019 is not far away. if we let religious and tribal sentiments blind us from doing the right thing, then we deserve what ever comes to us

An angry Nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari And Abdelfattah el-Sisi Parley On Counter Terrorism / NEDG 2023: Tinubu, Obi, Atiku, Others Get Nov. Dates For National Debate / Bayo Onanuga Deleted A Tweet About Land Allocated To Peter Obi In 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.