Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

How Does Mobile Apps Work? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Does Mobile Apps Work? (1113 Views)

Building Mobile Apps On Ios? Reasons To Reassert Your Choice! / Rate My Android Mobile Apps Out Of 10 / Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Mobile Apps Work? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 21, 2017
Hi guys,
Please I want to know how apps host it files.. I know websites has hosts and all that, but I don't really know how mobile apps does their hosting...
Where's the database at? I've not heard anyone talking about best host for mobile apps or something.. Someone should clear me on this please.
Re: How Does Mobile Apps Work? by vankaid: 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2017
fighal:
Hi guys,
Please I want to know how apps host it files.. I know websites has hosts and all that, but I don't really know how mobile apps does their hosting...
Where's the database at? I've not heard anyone talking about best host for mobile apps or something.. Someone should clear me on this please.
Mobile app files are "hosted" within the device. That is to say, the files are there inside the device.
As for database and some files, the app developer have the option of returning data from remotely hosted database via API calls, this means that the app can send a request to the webserver and it will return database query results or data to the mobile app.
In this case, the database is not saved inside your device but remotely hosted and you need internet connection to the mobile device to achieve this.
However, there are file based database like sqlite which can be saved inside the app directories within the device.
In case of databases embedded in the app like the one above, you can also make requests to the remote server and then update your in-app database like sqlite and you can as well send data from the mobile app to the remotely hosted database or server.

So in essence, there is nothing like host for mobile app like is obtainable in web applications though data used in the app can be "gotten" and sent to a remotely hosted server.
Re: How Does Mobile Apps Work? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
vankaid:

Mobile app files are "hosted" within the device. That is to say, the files are there inside the device.
As for database and some files, the app developer have the option of returning data from remotely hosted database via API calls, this means that the app can send a request to the webserver and it will return database query results or data to the mobile app.
In this case, the database is not saved inside your device but remotely hosted and you need internet connection to the mobile device to achieve this.
However, there are file based database like sqlite which can be saved inside the app directories within the device.
In case of databases embedded in the app like the one above, you can also make requests to the remote server and then update your in-app database like sqlite and you can as well send data from the mobile app to the remotely hosted database or server.

So in essence, there is nothing like host for mobile app like is obtainable in web applications though data used in the app can be "gotten" and sent to a remotely hosted server.
Thanks man, perfectly explained..
Na teacher you be...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

20 Ways To Increase Your Twitter Followers / Artificial Intelligence Can Become More Dangerous Than Nuclear Weapons-Elon Musk / Javascript Is The Language For The Future!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.