Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? (3697 Views)

Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? / What Did God Do For You In 2009? Share Your Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Mudley313: 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2010
He helps believers with trivial problems in their lives, like money, success, long life etc while expecting human beings to stop all the wars, famines, and genocides, even though he's got infinite power and could do it instantly or same thing since day seven, resting? writing a new entry into the bible?

Seriously, he has his followers on Earth raising money, and spreading the word for him.

He has women creating more humans.

He doesnt intervene in any wars or acts of genocide.

What does he do all day? Just sit back and watch the chaos?

Interestingly enough, I've heard many a Christian say that "the Devil's always busy."
And if there truly is a Devil, I believe he is quite busy. Evidence of his mayhem can be seen around the world.
It would be cool if God made some new animals, at least.

Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by noetic16(m): 11:29am On Apr 04, 2010
Mudley313:

He helps believers with trivial problems in their lives, like money, success, long life etc while expecting human beings to stop all the wars, famines, and genocides, even though he's got infinite power and could do it instantly or same thing since day seven, resting? writing a new entry into the bible?

Your understanding of God is deeply flawed and influenced by ignorance.

1. God does not help anyone with trivial problems. To assume such is to believe that the problems occur outside of the knowledge of God. what we see is God making believers better persons and revealing His miraculous nature in our lives through the storms we face.

2. when EXACTLY did God ask u to go and stop genocide, war or famine? These are events that tell just two things
a. The world we live in as presently constituted is devoid of the world of God as depicted in the garden of eden.
b. Jesus already foretold these events as evidence of the last days before the very end.

3. While God has got infinite powers. . .what happened to the liberty of God to do as He pleases?

4. on the seventh day God did NOT rest. . . . He CREATED rest.

Seriously, he has his followers on Earth raising money, and spreading the word for him.

pure ignorance. God spreads His word Himself. first by dying on the cross and then by preaching the gospel through believers (phillipians 2:13)

and?

see above

read mathew 24

Interestingly enough, I've heard many a Christian say that "the Devil's always busy."
And if there truly is a Devil, I believe he is quite busy. Evidence of his mayhem can be seen around the world.

The concept of God cannot be conceived in humans limited scope of imagination.
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by toneyb: 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2010
noetic16:

The same god can not be conceived of but people can have a personal relationship with him allegedly. I thought there is a verse in the bible that reads: "Come let us reason together says the lord". How can you reason together with what you can not conceive?
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Zodiac61(m): 12:20pm On Apr 04, 2010
Maybe he is like the CEO of a multinational company. He lets the minions do all the heavy and dirty work, and pops up from time to time to pick up the accolades for a job well done. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Mudley313: 5:25pm On Apr 04, 2010

lol @ u saying this after attributing/describing all types of concepts/understanding of your god prior

pure ignorance. God spreads his word Himself. first by dying on the cross and then by preaching the gospel through believers (phillipians 2:13)ance. God spreads His word

makes perfect sense. a god who's got infinite powers to solve all things in an instant, had to take such complicated route as to turn into his own son, turn human, allow humans he created humiliate n murder him, all becos he was sick of the scent of burnt animal offering n wanted to use human blood to wash away sins dat still exist

Your understanding of God is deeply flawed and influenced by ignorance.

1. God does not help anyone with trivial problems. To assume such is to believe that the problems occur outside of the knowledge of God. what we see is God making believers better persons and revealing His miraculous nature in our lives through the storms we face.

2. when EXACTLY did God ask u to go and stop genocide, war or famine? These are events that tell just two things
a. The world we live in as presently constituted is devoid of the world of God as depicted in the garden of eden.
b. Jesus already foretold these events as evidence of the last days before the very end.

3. While God has got infinite powers. . .what happened to the liberty of God to do as He pleases?

4. on the seventh day God did NOT rest. .  . . He CREATED rest

blah, blah, blah. nice try speaking on behalf of your god .remember wen he/she/it used to give public speeches to ancient desert people? why did he go all dumb/quiet n let people like u who's allegedly limited human scope of imagination cannot grasp the concept of god, speak for him? knock!knock!!my original quetion n d pic below starting to make sum sense now?

Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by 4peace(m): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2010
I love God.No one like GOD.
What do you want again when HE gave u rules and regulation.Deuc 28:1-end
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Mudley313: 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2010
I love God.

good for u, if falling in love wit an imaginary friend makes u sleep well at night. its called schizophrenia tho

No one like GOD.

agree. no one like the non-existent creature as described by ancient jewish normads

What do you want again when HE gave u rules and regulation.Deuc 28:1-end

he/she/it never personally gave me (or no one) no rules n regulations. ancient jewish normads gave their people (of the time) rules n regulations n ascribed it to a non-existent creature living up in d sky
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by nguage(m): 8:37pm On Apr 04, 2010
This kind of militant atheism has been in existence for centuries now and it has never worked. Whether you like it or not, religion and a belief in the supernatural would always exist. So what do you gain by constantly taunting and getting into arguments? Why don't you live your own life and let others live?
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by chiogo(f): 8:41pm On Apr 04, 2010
n-guage:

This kind of militant atheism has been in existence for centuries now and it has never worked. Whether you like it or not, religion and a belief in the supernatural would always exist. So what do you gain by constantly taunting and getting into arguments? Why don't you live your own life and let others live?
Exactly!!
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by noetic16(m): 11:09pm On Apr 04, 2010
toneyb:

The same god can not be conceived of but people can have a personal relationship with him allegedly. I thought there is a verse in the bible that reads: "Come let us reason together says the lord". How can you reason together with what you can not conceive?

You miss the point.

1. God cannot be concived in His entirety by humans. humans who are subject to matter CANNOT conceive an omni-potent, present, puisant and sapient God.

2. The relationship we have with God today is via Jesus Christ who is the image of God we see and perceive.

3. Facts 1 and 2 (above) are NOT mutually exclusive.

4. what did the verse go on to say about reasoning with the Lord?
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by noetic16(m): 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2010
Zodiac61:

Maybe he is like the CEO of a multinational company. He lets the minions do all the heavy and dirty work, and pops up from time to time to pick up the accolades for a job well done. grin grin grin grin grin grin

This was so funny. . .I forgot to laugh.
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by noetic16(m): 11:12pm On Apr 04, 2010
Mudley313:

lol @ u saying this after attributing/describing all types of concepts/understanding of your god prior

makes perfect sense. a god who's got infinite powers to solve all things in an instant, had to take such complicated route as to turn into his own son, turn human, allow humans he created humiliate n murder him, all becos he was sick of the scent of burnt animal offering n wanted to use human blood to wash away sins dat still exist

blah, blah, blah. nice try speaking on behalf of your god .remember wen he/she/it used to give public speeches to ancient desert people? why did he go all dumb/quiet n let people like u who's allegedly limited human scope of imagination cannot grasp the concept of god, speak for him? knock!knock!!my original quetion n d pic below starting to make sum sense now?

The summary of ur post is . . . u dont understand the nature of God. . . .u lack the knowledge or the patience of learning. . , .as such u choose to celebrate ur ignorance. . . .good for u.
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by 4peace(m): 12:19am On Apr 05, 2010
freewill madness
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by streetwize(m): 2:15am On Apr 05, 2010
Mudley313:

God is a father, and whenever I speak of him I like using the "father" analogy.
Its very simple, a good father would watch you play football and enjoy yourself. It is not his duty to stop you from falling down during all that rough play, it is his duty to pick you up dust your clothes off, and dress your wounds.
God has given us free will, and thus we can do whatever we want, even the guy that is committing genocide( he will have his reward yes), but he still has his freewill. Because without free will, we will just be robots, not human beings, you would not think for yoursel, you wont have sex till ur married, which im sure if it happens ull be d first ones to wanna complain. . . . but guess what you wouldnt be able to.

God works through believers, or is it not the holy spirit( the third member of the God-head) that is said to be with all believers.
And whether you like it or not, he also watches over you, not as much as he'll want to because you have to let him in. But it still remains that ur his creation and he wants the best for you, thus every person who talks to you about God is God working innit
But as for what u want him to do. . . tampering with free-will and all that. . .
Plus them no dey make liger bobo yii. . If na new animal wey u want see go discovery, those guys bad gannnnn!!
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by streetwize(m): 2:26am On Apr 05, 2010
Mudley313:

Oh so because a father can just carry his four year old son and run across the road means he should now be doin that one and not teach the boy how to walk across by holdin his hand and leadin him across
Your reasoning is unbelievably flawed.
When did God give public speeches to ancient desert people oh abeg,
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by streetwize(m): 2:29am On Apr 05, 2010
As for your picture up there. . . all I can say is
The words of Mudley313. . . How come its always texts on a computer screen doing the talkin. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Mudley313: 3:46am On Apr 05, 2010
n-guage:

i dont see any form of militancy in making fun of adults (like kids who believe in santa clause, the easter bunny, tooth fairy or the flying spaghetti monster) believing in sum imaginary creature up in the sky who'll burn u eternally if u dont believe in him

militancy is e.g. the spanish inquisition (christain massacres) and the jos crisis (the muslim equivalent)

noetic16:

You miss the point.

1. God cannot be concived in His entirety by humans. humans who are subject to matter CANNOT conceive an omni-potent, present, puisant and sapient God.

but u just described ur inconceivable god's thoughts n motives  in detail ealier on

2. The relationship we have with God today is via Jesus Christ who is the image of God we see and perceive.

um, i thot they were one n the same person. see confusion

streetwize:

God is a father, and whenever I speak of him I like using the "father" analogy.
Its very simple, a good father would watch you play football and enjoy yourself. It is not his duty to stop you from falling down during all that rough play, it is his duty to pick you up dust your clothes off, and dress your wounds.
God has given us free will, and thus we can do whatever we want, even the guy that is committing genocide( he will have his reward yes), but he still has his freewill. Because without free will, we will just be robots, not human beings, you would not think for yoursel, you wont have intimacy till your married, which im sure if it happens ull be d first ones to wanna complain. . . . but guess what you wouldnt be able to.

God works through believers, or is it not the holy spirit( the third member of the God-head) that is said to be with all believers.
And whether you like it or not, he also watches over you, not as much as he'll want to because you have to let him in. But it still remains that your his creation and he wants the best for you, thus every person who talks to you about God is God working innit
But as for what u want him to do. . . tampering with free-will and all that. . .
Plus them no dey make liger bobo yii. . If na new animal wey u want see go discovery, those guys bad gannnnn!!

n where was this "good father" when 1500 tutsi's were being massacred "inside a church"
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Mudley313: 3:47am On Apr 05, 2010
streetwize:

As for your picture up there. . . all I can say is
The words of Mudley313. . . How come its always texts on a computer screen doing the talkin. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

atleast i dont need another human being to help me type my text unto the computer screen. can ur imaginary god type texts on a computer screen talkless of to speak for himself?

streetwize:

When did God give public speeches to ancient desert people oh abeg,

'If a man takes a stick and beats his slave, whether male or female, and the slave dies on the spot, the man is to be punished. But if the slave does not die for a day or two, the master is not to be punished. The loss of his property is punishment enough' (Exodus 21:20-21).

condoning slavery

'If two men are having a fight and the wife of one tries to help her husband by grabbing hold of the other man's genitals, show her no mercy; cut off her hand' (Deuteronomy 25:11-12).

reprehensible sharia law for u

'Do not make any treaties with the people of the country into which you are going ,  Instead, tear down their altars, destroy their sacred pillars, and cut down the symbols of their goddess Asherah' (Exodus 34:12-13).

atrocious savagery

'We destroyed all the towns and put to death all the men, women, and children, just as we did in the towns that belonged to King Sihon of Heshbon. We took the cattle and plundered the towns' (Deuteronomy 3:6-7).

genocidal maniac

'When the LORD you God gives you victory in battle and you take prisoners, you may see among them a beautiful woman that you like and want to marry. Take her to your home ,  Later, if you no longer want her, you are to let her go free. Since you forced her to have intercourse with you, you cannot treat her as a slave and sell her' (Deuteronomy 21:10-14).

condoning kidnapping and rape

such a loving imaginary god
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Mudley313: 3:50am On Apr 05, 2010
--and i forgot to add my pic

Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by nguage(m): 4:00am On Apr 05, 2010
Millitancy, as I used it in this context, means aggresive in support of a cause. You're taunting and calling people names, comparing grown people to little kids and enforcing your own logical conclusions on others. Even if you're not religious, I hope you see that your ways of going about things can be better.
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by streetwize(m): 5:39am On Apr 05, 2010
Mudley313:

n where was this "good father" when 1500 tutsi's were being massacred "inside a church"
Hmm. . . your point being that people whose kids have died are not good parents. . see how ridiculous you sound
Secondly you have to understand that if ur lookin at it from a christains perspective, death is not actually a bad thing, its just a transition to another world " a better place" in fact, so all ur silly arguments are mute.

Mudley313:

atleast i dont need another human being to help me type my text unto the computer screen. can your imaginary god type texts on a computer screen talkless of to speak for himself?

well God is not a human being so ur point about i do not need another human being whats that all about, we are his vessels, just as the computer is ur vessel, simple

And as for ur last rants, you did not address the statement

If I want to address there are 2 ways to address you
Firstly- time and context. The traditions of the early days etc etc
and
the fact that u should have asked me, do you think the bible should be interpreted literally or by the message it intends to reveal
What strikes me about atheists is that you forget that the bible is literature and thus has to be interpreted both contextually and relative to the time within which it was set forth.

You will now say shakespeare's 46th sonnet,
Mine eye and heart are at a mortal war
How to divide the conquest of thy sight;
Mine eye my heart thy picture's sight would bar,
My heart mine eye the freedom of that right.
My heart doth plead that thou in him dost lie --
A closet never pierced with crystal eyes --
But the defendant doth that plea deny
And says in him thy fair appearance lies.
To 'cide this title is impanneled
A quest of thoughts, all tenants to the heart,
And by their verdict is determined
The clear eye's moiety and the dear heart's part:
As thus; mine eye's due is thy outward part,
And my heart's right thy inward love of heart.

, is about his eyes and his heart engaging in a brutal one on one face-off
Abeg my guy. . . I believe ur intelligent, act like it!!! angry angry
or u think the message of Noah's ark is the effects of prolonged precipitation and its limiting effects on bouyant wood
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Mudley313: 6:43am On Apr 05, 2010
streetwize:

Hmm. . . your point being that people whose kids have died are not good parents. . see how ridiculous you sound
Secondly you have to understand that if your lookin at it from a christains perspective, death is not actually a bad thing, its just a transition to another world " a better place" in fact, so all your silly arguments are mute.
well God is not a human being so your point about i do not need another human being whats that all about, we are his vessels, just as the computer is your vessel, simple

Hmm, your point being that people who's kids are about to be killed and they have the power to stop the killing but do nothing are good parents, see how even more ridiculous you sound
Secondly you also have to understand if you're looking at it from a christian perspective that when you christains escape death u call it the lord's doing and give testimonies n thanksgiving 4 the wonderful things he has done 4 u but when he doesn't help out its either god's will or a test. how convenient. according to 2face "everybody wan go heaven, but nobody wan die" infact, all your more than silly arguments are mute.
well God is supposedly more than human beings so why would he need the help of people he's more than for EVERYTHING is he/she/is incapacitated? dude can do everything thing but always needs money (according to chalartans) from mere mortals to help him spread his word

And as for your last rants, you did not address the statement

If I want to address there are 2 ways to address you
Firstly- time and context. The traditions of the early days etc etc
and
the fact that u should have asked me, do you think the bible should be interpreted literally or by the message it intends to reveal
What strikes me about atheists is that you forget that the bible is literature and thus has to be interpreted both contextually and relative to the time within which it was set forth.

You will now say shakespeare's 46th sonnet,
Mine eye and heart are at a mortal war
How to divide the conquest of thy sight;
Mine eye my heart thy picture's sight would bar,
My heart mine eye the freedom of that right.
My heart doth plead that thou in him dost lie --
A closet never pierced with crystal eyes --
But the defendant doth that plea deny
And says in him thy fair appearance lies.
To 'cide this title is impanneled
A quest of thoughts, all tenants to the heart,
And by their verdict is determined
The clear eye's moiety and the dear heart's part:
As thus; mine eye's due is thy outward part,
And my heart's right thy inward love of heart.

, is about his eyes and his heart engaging in a brutal one on one face-off
Abeg my guy. . . I believe your intelligent, act like it!!! angry angry
or u think the message of Noah's ark is the effects of prolonged precipitation and its limiting effects on bouyant wood

blah, blah, blah. get off the crack pipe dude. yea,  Bible is (ancient) literature (not no word of any god) and “should be interpreted contextually and relative to the time it was set forth” because the people of those ancient times were devoid of modern/advanced amenities and moral ethics as we now know it. They interpreted things (like the sun rotating round the earth or the heavens physically above the skies or why we have rainbow or different languages) because of their limited understanding back then. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it must be attributed to some supernatural being. Such reasoning is centuries old: "If Zeus doesn't exist, then how do you explain thunder?" …or are u saying your never changing god was also limited in understand like the men back then n practicing “traditions of the early days etc etc” devoid of modern/advanced amenities and moral ethics?

try n see sence in the pic below. u're doing exactly the same thing those ancient men did. a mere mortal defending/speaking on behalf of an all powerful god who can do anything. how ridiculous

Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Zodiac61(m): 11:15am On Apr 05, 2010
streetwize:

I wish that you christians would make up your minds about the bible. On another post, I was corrected told that the bible is NOT to be read like a work of literature, but with some sort of understanding of something or the other.
Well, I have, in the past, read the bible with faith, and I have read it like literature. No matter how you read it, it does not make sense.
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by noetic16(m): 11:24am On Apr 05, 2010
Mudley313:

but u just described your inconceivable god's thoughts n motives  in detail ealier on

um, i thot they were one n the same person. see confusion

try and make sense . . , start by answering the posers I raised.
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by streetwize(m): 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2010
Zodiac61:

I wish that you christians would make up your minds about the bible. On another post, I was corrected told that the bible is NOT to be read like a work of literature, but with some sort of understanding of something or the other.
Well, I have, in the past, read the bible with faith, and I have read it like literature. No matter how you read it, it does not make sense.

As for my point about reading it like literature. . . to get God's message for you at some time, you also need divine inspiration, but my point is that you do not require divine inspiration to get past all the so called "flaws" that people say exist in the bible, all you have to use is common sense.
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Fhemmmy: 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2010
Day is time
God is not bound by time, however, all He does is make sure you are well and i am aiight.
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2010
the likes of mudley arent interested in anything but bashing God's image. Responding to them is a waste of time, NEVER do you see them seriously consider what you have to say, their mind is already made up.
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Seun(m): 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2010
Really, the OP makes a good point.
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2010
Seun:

He makes no points at all. All i read is a myriad of nonsensical babblings borne out of deep ignorance of the bible itself. Notice that when Noetic tries to explain to him point by point . . . he doesnt even bother to respond, he simply says "bla bla bla" and carries on with his rant.

the photo he constantly includes in his posts (i notice the mods are ok with this but have a problem with Diva 2.0's gifs) say it all . . . he has no regard for the bible. Trying to explain to him from that same book would be like trying to flog a dead horse.
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2010
[size=13pt]God BRING confusion all days. . . . .[/size]
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by e36991: 5:52pm On Apr 05, 2010
Seun:

davidylan:

He makes no points at all. All I read is a myriad of nonsensical babblings borne out of deep ignorance of the bible itself.

Notice that when Noetic tries to explain to him point by point . . . he doesnt even bother to respond, he simply says "bla bla bla"

and carries on with his rant.

@^^

Does the OP's landlord interfers in the running of OP's rented home?

- I didnt think so . . .

It'll be nice if OP is familiar and/or can relate to the below transfer and/or mandate quote

". . . Let us make man in our image, and let him have dominion . . .

"Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth  and subdue it; . . . "
Re: Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? by Seun(m): 5:59pm On Apr 05, 2010
Does the OP's landlord interfers in the running of OP's rented home?

You're right.  Why should a loving father interfere in the lives of his children?  Wait, oops.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Pastor Saw Me Staking Baba Ijebu Lotto And. . . / 10 Religious Questions That Needed Answers. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.