Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,208 members, 7,849,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:53 AM

The Return Of Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Return Of Ribadu (919 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? / El Rufai On Focus Nigeria @ AIT Today.. Is He Truly A Friend Of Ribadu? / Is Nuhu Ribadu Really What Many Thinks He Is? Critical Examination Of Ribadu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Return Of Ribadu by rebranded(m): 10:39am On Apr 04, 2010
Nuhu Ribadu, the former chief of Nigeria's anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has accepted an offer from Acting President Goodluck Jonathan, to be his special adviser on anti-corruption, good governance and sundry matters.

Presidency sources said at the weekend that Mr. Ribadu is expected to resume "in a matter of weeks" in Abuja. As part of his remit, Mr. Ribadu will be the presidential anchorman supervising the broad anti-corruption platform of the country which includes his former agency, the EFCC; the ICPC; the Code of Conduct Bureau and other related agencies.

He's back

Mr. Ribadu confirmed this in a telephone interview with NEXT at the weekend.

"Frankly I don't want to be drawn into any political discussion," he said. "But let me say it is true that I have been contacted. I also think it is only honest to say that Acting President Jonathan appears to have a keen understanding of the cogent priorities facing our nation which is currently teetering on the brink of disaster. It is probably right to also say he is taking the right steps on those critical priorities. For this reason, I believe it is the moral duty of Nigerians to support all efforts to save our country."

Read More: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5549547-146/the_return_of_ribadu__.csp
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by ladi02(m): 2:58pm On Apr 04, 2010
Welcome back Ribadu, all these politicians should start running out of the country or get ready for trial
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2010
I think it is time to stop measuring progress in Anti-Corruption fight with the number of people you lock up alone.

I supported Ribadu all the way and never subscribed to the spin about selectivity

However I think he should now refocus the fight against corruption. The greater population of this country and our leaders have past records of corruption and no Prison can contain all of them.

So lets see whether we can all work to change our ways of doing Government Business so that the man on the street can feel the impact of our efforts.
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by otawa: 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2010
However I think he should now refocus the fight against corruption. The greater population of this country and our leaders have past records of corruption and no Prison can contain all of them.

Good let him start with below case which he dumped:

The EFCC in suit number FHC/ABJ/M/340/06 filed on August 21, 2007 at the Federal High Court, Abuja alleged that the governor’s wife was the one that instructed her agent to launder the huge sum in a First Bank of Nigeria account number 3292010060711 held in the name of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited

In August, the EFCC obtained a court order to TEMPORARILY FREEZE N104 million she had allegedly tried to launder through one Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu. The EFCC’s position was that Patience Jonathan stole the money from the public coffers of Bayelsa and was trying to launder it through her friend, Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu.

In a sworn statement, Mrs. Nwosu implicated Patience Jonathan, the EFCC had said
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2010
Mr Otawa just go and sit down.
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by rebranded(m): 5:58pm On Apr 04, 2010
@ Otawa, calm down let him first get rid of Ibori and those ex-ministers that cleared the accounts when Yar'adua was away

One thing that bothers me is after 2011 will Ribadu have to leave the country again, cos they might be after him again once GJ is out
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by otawa: 6:05pm On Apr 04, 2010
Guys

Dont let us waste our time.

NIGERIA will be what we make it to be.

GoodLuck or Ribadu do not mean well for NIGERIANS.

We should stop looking for lesser of two evils,  we should look for those that are upright and can move Nigeria to next level.
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by becomrich6: 6:16pm On Apr 04, 2010
I am laughing over here seen the two of you fight.

Corruption in Nigeria is tied to this map. If we change the map. corruption will reduce to less than 10 % from 100%.

And what % of nigerian that are corrupt. The figure is lower than be told.

50% of Nigerian are below the age of 18. another 25% of nigerian are women above the age of 18. 80% of this women are not corrupt.
The remaining 25% of men. let 80% may be corrupt. But when you do the maths.

It is less than 25% of nigerian population.

If we do this map. we would be able to track nigerian. if we dont. Nobody can fight corruption in Nigeria. Most member of the PDP are corrupt too like the other parties. It is hard to live in Nigeria without been corrupt because the system is difficult for the people and they have to do illegal thing to keep body and soul together. If people dont have anything, they would be corrupt.

If you take away welfare from the people in the developed, they would all be nigerian. And all of them would change  to naija. I mean white naija.

Look if someone is very good with computer. And I mean very good. If you put him in hard situtation, he would be corrupt. And This is one of the reason the  USA recruit computer expert from all over the way, as another form of protect thier own system from been hack. If this people remain in other countries under poverty what do you think would happen to banking in the USA.  So the USA play smart by recruit them to the USA. As a form of security for itsself. That been smart.

Re: The Return Of Ribadu by becomrich6: 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2010
It means 1 in 4 nigerian are corrupt. but nobody talk about the 75% of nigerian that are not corrupt.
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by rebranded(m): 6:39pm On Apr 04, 2010
becommrich,

Do u know that corruption is like a disease that spreads, if 25% are corrupt it doesnt mean the remaining cant be corrupted also. even small kids in Nigeria now are showing traits showing accepatance of corruption.

Now i dont agree maps can help reduce corruption, we need laws such as capital punishment for corrupt officers before we can eliminate it
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2010
Otawa

Pls who is the upright person in your view?
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by rebranded(m): 9:12pm On Apr 04, 2010
mikeansy:

Otawa

Pls who is the upright person in your view?

Ottawa has lost faith in Nigeria!
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by ReachRich(m): 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2010
otawa:

Good let him start with below case which he dumped:

The EFCC in suit number FHC/ABJ/M/340/06 filed on August 21, 2007 at the Federal High Court, Abuja alleged that the governor’s wife was the one that instructed her agent to launder the huge sum in a First Bank of Nigeria account number 3292010060711 held in the name of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited

In August, the EFCC obtained a court order to TEMPORARILY FREEZE N104 million she had allegedly tried to launder through one Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu. The EFCC’s position was that Patience Jonathan stole the money from the public coffers of Bayelsa and was trying to launder it through her friend, Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu.
@ Otawa it seems u have serious beef with Mrs Patiencce Jonathan.NL is not the right place to channel your grievances.

In a sworn statement, Mrs. Nwosu implicated Patience Jonathan, the EFCC had said

@ Otawa it seems u have a serious beef with Mrs Patience Jonahthan.NL is not the ideal place to channel ur grievance.
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by otawa: 12:01am On Apr 05, 2010
ReachRich:

@ Otawa it seems u have a serious beef with Mrs Patience Jonahthan.NL is not the ideal place to channel your grievance.

We are again at the threshold of opportunity to create NIGERIA that would be prosperous, free of corruption.

And what do we do? we are screwing it up.

I dont care about Patience. I care that for once we should have round pegs in round holes.

It is clear that neither GoodLuck or Ribadu mean well for Nigeria.

If they do, they will finish this case with Mrs GoodLuck to show us: NO TO CORRUPTION.
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by nethacker(m): 1:20am On Apr 05, 2010
otawa:

We are again at the threshold of opportunity to create NIGERIA that would be prosperous, free of corruption.

And what do we do? we are screwing it up.

I dont care about Patience. I care that for once we should have round pegs in round holes.

If they do, they will finish this case with Mrs GoodLuck to show us: NO TO CORRUPTION.
Will u shut up there !!!!! angry angry angry what nonsense r u saying? Patience was implicated , fine. but should he now close his eyes to Almighty ibori? how much did patience siphon compared to ibori? r u nt using ur #6 to reason? Na only u dey talk say Jonathan no mean well for Nigeria because his wife has not been tried, rubbish!! angry angry
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by becomrich6: 1:27am On Apr 05, 2010
Is Nuhu Ribadu not a member of PDP? And what different does that make. was there not full corruption when Ribadu was EFCC chairman. Yes. Appoint Ribadu does not make any different to corruption in Nigeria.

Nuhu as head of EFCC was bias in arresting people. Is term as EFCC boss was bias. 90% of the people he arrested were from the south. While over 75% of the corrupt men where from the north. 90% of government contract in Nigeria goes to northerner. Nuhu Ribadu never arrested them. Ribadu is bias.

Ribadu I hope you read thing. You know me self . I am not scared to speak my mind.
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by Beaf: 1:53am On Apr 05, 2010
otawa:

And what do we do?  we are screwing it up.

You are sooo funny. Ain't you the same dude that was running around in ecstasy, plastering wooden headed posts all over every thread in NL when Yar Adua was smuggled into the country? Shame on you.
Power has changed hands and there is nothing you can do about it. grin grin grin grin

Turai worshipper.
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by OAM4J: 6:27am On Apr 05, 2010
rebranded:

Nuhu Ribadu, the former chief of Nigeria's anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has accepted an offer from Acting President Goodluck Jonathan, to be his special adviser on anti-corruption, good governance and sundry matters.

Presidency sources said at the weekend that Mr. Ribadu is expected to resume "in a matter of weeks" in Abuja. As part of his remit, Mr. Ribadu will be the presidential anchorman supervising the broad anti-corruption platform of the country which includes his former agency, the EFCC; the ICPC; the Code of Conduct Bureau and other related agencies.

He's back

Mr. Ribadu confirmed this in a telephone interview with NEXT at the weekend.

"Frankly I don't want to be drawn into any political discussion," he said. "But let me say it is true that I have been contacted. I also think it is only honest to say that Acting President Jonathan appears to have a keen understanding of the cogent priorities facing our nation which is currently teetering on the brink of disaster. It is probably right to also say he is taking the right steps on those critical priorities. For this reason, I believe it is the moral duty of Nigerians to support all efforts to save our country."

Read More: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5549547-146/the_return_of_ribadu__.csp

If the bolds are true, then he is welcome to join the struggle. Perhaps, just may be, Nigeria may redeemed some of his lost image since the inception of this administration.
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by rickie4us(m): 10:29am On Apr 05, 2010
story , story , , story.
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by Sunofgod(m): 11:40am On Apr 05, 2010
As Becomrich has already infected the post with maps and bush grammar let me not say to much.

[size=15pt]Ribadu - Your return is welcome![/size]
Re: The Return Of Ribadu by otawa: 10:47am On Apr 06, 2010
You are sooo funny. Ain't you the same dude that was running around in ecstasy, plastering wooden headed posts all over every thread in NL when Yar Adua was smuggled into the country? Shame on you.
Power has changed hands and there is nothing you can do about it.

Yet, Nigerians do not see above their nose.
As Governor's wife, Patience was caught stealing $2,000,000.00

Now as acting President's wife, Patience will be stealing BILLIONS.

We have anothe golden opportunity to ensure right people fits and we blew it!

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Ooni Fail To Reconcile Osun Governorship Aspirants ! / Breakup Nigeria: Taxes From Northerners Would Take Care Of yoruba,Igbo People. / Pastor Tunde Bakare On Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.