Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) (8830 Views)

Enyimba Stoned During Training In Tunisia (CAF Champions League) / Top 10 Apps For Top English Premier League News And Highlights / CAF Champions League S/F 2nd Leg: Enyimba FC Vs Wydad Casablanca (0 - 0) On Sunday 16th October 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 11:38am On Jul 19, 2010
Ismaily (Egypt) 0-1 JS Kabylie (Algeria)
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 11:40am On Jul 19, 2010
مصرى اصلى:

lol
i`m from egypt
and one of ahly fans
very pleased from my team result today grin
you`ll play against us in horror studium of cairo shocked
take care kiss

Don't forget how it all ended last season, thunder is sure to strike twice in Cairo.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by ow11(m): 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2010
مصرى اصلى:

lol
i`m from egypt
and one of ahly fans
very pleased from my team result today grin
you`ll play against us in horror studium of cairo shocked
take care kiss

Ahly should be very worried about JS Kabilye because heartland will repeat what Kano Pillars did to Ahly. . .

Please who watched the game yesterday? Did Ibenegbu play well?
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by effizy27: 9:47am On Jul 20, 2010
CHECK OUT EFFIZY 'DEUCES REMIX" ON YOUTUBE
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by ow11(m): 7:05pm On Jul 20, 2010
effizy27:

CHECK OUT EFFIZY 'DEUCES REMIX" ON YOUTUBE

NO!!!!! angry angry
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 7:21am On Jul 21, 2010
The match ended 1:1

Heartland 1 : 1 Al Alhy
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2010
Cairo Derby tops weekend CAF matches

Posted: 2010-07-29 15:30

Three former champions, including holders TP Mazembe Englebert, will look to build on good starts to the CAF Champions League and solidify their command of the final group stage at the continental showpiece this weekend.

DR Congo's Englebert, Esperance of Tunisia and Algeria's JS Kabylie all won away in the opening round of group matches a fortnight ago and look well placed for a spot in October's semi-finals if they can claim another three points at the second try.

All three can claim home advantage with Englebert and Esperance potentially going six points clear in the top two places of Group A.

Mazembe inaugurate their new artificial pitch at the Kenya Stadium in Lubumbashi on Sunday against Entente Setif of Algeria, while Esperance will take on Dynamos of Zimbabwe on Saturday.

Also on Saturday, JS Kabylie, who are hosting Nigeria's Heartland FC, can move to six points from six as well if they win in Tizi-Ouzou in Group B.

But all of these games will be overshadowed by the Egyptian derby in Cairo where Al Ahly hosts Ismaili on Sunday in a contest made all the more special because it is a rare meeting between teams from the same country in the group phase of the Champions League.

In the first round, Ahly gained a valuable point away in Nigeria earlier this month but Ismaili suffered a home defeat to JS Kabylie.

Another loss for Ismaili would leave them floundering, but the acquisition of Nigerian striker Ndubuisi Eze has the potential to be a significant boost, given his past experience the later stages of the CAF Champions League when he played for Al Hilal of Sudan.

Eze may not be the only new face to line up on Sunday night as Al Ahly's recent signing, Mohamed Gedo may make an appearance.

Top scorer at January's CAF Africa Cup of Nations and scorer of the winner in the final for Egypt, Gedo was previously left out of the Al Ahly team for the match in Owerri against Heartland, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Last season in Egypt's Premier League, both meetings between Ahly and Ismaili ended in a 1-1 draw.

Mazembe had a run out on their new pitch last weekend in beating a provincial selection in a festival match to mark the re-opening of the extensively renovated stadium, where they have had overwhelming past success.

Entente Setif will not be an easy opponent despite the Algerians losing at home in the first set of group matches to Esperance. Setif have been preparing for the trip to the Congo by hosting a training camp in Egypt.

"We need at all costs to recover from our loss at home in the first round. The game against Mazembe is a watershed for us. We have to make sure we do not return home empty-handed," Setif's striker Nabil Hemani said in the build-up to Sunday's game.

Away defeats for both Setif and Dynamos would leave them with a massive catch-up task. Dynamos lost 2-0 at home to Mazembe in their opening Group A game and then had an eight game winning streak in Zimbabwe's premier league ended last weekend.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2010
Heartland on tough mission in Algeria

Posted: 2010-07-28 10:55

Heartland coach Samson Siasia envisages a tough outing in this weekend’s CAF Champions League clash against Algeria’s JS Kabylie in Tizi Ouzou.

Heartland, last year’s losing finalists will trek up North to face the three-time African champions in their Group B Day two clash, with their mind focused on a convincing result.

The ‘Naze Millionaires’ managed a one all draw with Egyptian giants Al Ahly in their opening group phase clash a fortnight ago at their backyard, and are looking forward to improving on that performance against the Algerian giants.

The former Algerian champions occupy the top spot of the group on three points after a shocking lone goal victory in Ismailia at the expense of Egyptian campaigners, Ismaily, and a repeat of such performance will boost their ambitions of a fourth success in the premier continental club championships.

Siasia, who took over the reigns of the Owerri-based club a few weeks ago, is very much aware of the task that comes with facing with the Canaries at their favourite grounds, Tizi Ouzou.

“We are playing JS Kabylie, so we have to put our house in order. Playing away is a difficult thing so there’s the need to elevate the team’s performance by ensuring that the players are fit.”

The 42-year old has also charged his players to maintain their focus and discipline in their quest to achieve targeted goals.

The Nigerians need at least a point to bolster their chances since a defeat will serve an impediment to their ultimate dream.

In the other B match, Ahly will face archrivals Ismaily in a local derby at the Cairo International Stadium.

Holders T.P. Mazembe of DR Congo will face Entente Setif of Algeria, whilst Esperance of Tunisia engages Zimbabwe’s Dynamos, both in Group A.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2010
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2010
J.S. Kabyle 1 - Heartland 0

The Heartland team was piss poor. I hope they win their two home matches and improve on today's game to get a draw or win away to Ismail. But based on today's performance, its gonna be hard.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by 12large: 6:02am On Aug 01, 2010
typical siasia always tryig to put dents on his image. after that draw against ah ahli i already know that heartland would not qualify. siasia just quit and come to eagles immediately
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 6:41am On Aug 01, 2010
bad result and its gonna be real hard for Heartland to make it through to the semis. I was expecting them to get a result, at least a draw because JSK seems like the easiest team in the group. Now they have to beat Ismaili and JSK at the Owerri Township. Anyway, the big one's today,the Egyptian derby-Al Ahli vs Ismaili
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 9:14am On Aug 01, 2010
12large:

typical siasia always tryig to put dents on his image. after that draw against ah ahli i already know that heartland would not qualify. siasia just quit and come to eagles immediately

You cannot really blame Siasia. He is a family man and needs to feed his family. He just can't sit around doing nothing. He has to earn money. If he had been sitting waiting for Nigerian SE job since 2 years ago, he'ld have been idle and there is still no guarantee he will get it in another 2 years. Make the guy earn money.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by 12large: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2010
so because his broke, thats why he decides to put dents on his resume. imagine look at the team he carry totally useless rubbish team. what stop him from waiting or finding a good team, anyway is not to late he should just leave now. people already use that egypt 2009 nonsense
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2010
12large:

so because his broke, thats why he decides to put dents on his resume. imagine look at the team he carry totally useless rubbish team. what stop him from waiting or finding a good team, anyway is not to late he should just leave now. people already use that egypt 2009 nonsense

Its easy for you to say. He has children, wife bills to pay and you are asking him to go without a job?

By the way, I don't know the above for a fact, I am only trying to see reason with him.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2010
Al Ahly 2 vs Ismaily 1
TP Mazembe 2 vs ES Setif 2
Meanwhile, Enyimba have been knocked out of the Confederations cup losing 4-2 on agreegate despite a 2-0 win over Zanaco in Aba
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 11:17am On Aug 02, 2010
I knew it was the end of the road for Enyimba, anyways, they will play in the CCL next season.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by mybetop: 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2010
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2010
Heartland needs to get at least a point against Ismaily to get their Champs league campaign back on track
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2010
GROUP B

P w d l Pts
JSK 2 2 0 0 6

Al Ahly 2 1 1 0 4

Hrtland 2 - 1 1 1

Ismaily 2 - - 2 0
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2010
If they lose this match, they are likely to be knocked out of this year's ACL
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2010
Heartland currently playing Ismaily, 0 -0 so far
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2010
Ismaily score via a very rash goalkeeping error!
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2010
So far, Heartland look like they can at least get a draw but their front men have disappointed so far except maybe for Owoeri. Ozurumba (didnt know he was still in the local league) has been subbed in the first half for Bello

Still 1 - 0 to Ismaily
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2010
Game over, Heartland lose 1 - 0

The strikers killed them off today. They were the better of the two sides but the guys upfront just decided not to score.

Is this the end of the road?
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by 12large: 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2010
siasia abeg leave this team i already knew that he would not win with them, just come to nigeria immediately
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2010
Poor heartland. sad
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 12:52am On Aug 16, 2010
That Austin brown should be whipped thoroughly for that awful goalkeeping error he made, he's as useless as R. Green angry
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 8:26am On Aug 16, 2010
If you ask me, Austin Brown actually did well just like the rest of the team. He only had that horrible moment although like most Naija GKs I know, he seems to also have issues with crossing.
However, he did make some good saves too.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2010
I think its over for Heartland. The match in the group:
JSK 1 Al Ahly 0
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2010
proudly9ja:

If you ask me, Austin Brown actually did well just like the rest of the team. He only had that horrible moment although like most Naija GKs I know, he seems to also have issues with crossing.
However, he did make some good saves too.

Man, no excuse for that guy, he's just too jumpy, lacks precision, goes out anyhow and does not time most of his jumps. Infact he so much sucked last night.

And as for the strikers, they should all bury their heads in shame, rubbish.

I think they now see that you don't change a winning coach, Coach Emetolu was doing well before he was sacked by the useless Heartland administrators just because they wanted to market some of their players by paying through their noses to get Siasia.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 3:00pm On Aug 16, 2010
I don't know why Emetole was sacked especially since he recruited those players. Siasia had warned earlier that they had problems with scoring. I really don't understand how a team with Ozurumba (former league hot shot), Emeka Nwanna (Ayana) and Bello would have issues scoring.

Anyways, I wonder what will happen when Siasia moves to the Super Eagles?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

(1:0) 2 H Means What. HELP / 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea / Bet9ja Booking For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.