Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) (8831 Views)

Enyimba Stoned During Training In Tunisia (CAF Champions League) / Top 10 Apps For Top English Premier League News And Highlights / CAF Champions League S/F 2nd Leg: Enyimba FC Vs Wydad Casablanca (0 - 0) On Sunday 16th October 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 9:12am On Sep 12, 2010
I am not expecting any miracle from Heartland, it's just too impossible, but then who knows.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2010
Im watching the Heartland game and Im wondering if these Heartland players are actually footballers? I mean, basic passing the ball is a hard task for them,

Ahly 2 - 1 Heartland, ten mins to go
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2010
The continental championship winning Enyimba team would have finished off this Ahly team
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by 12large: 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2010
once again the king of soccer on this forum have been proven right, i said after heartland first game that they would not qualify and it would put dents on siasia resume, but what did dunce like semid4life do critisize, anytime i say something just believe
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2010
proudly9ja:

The continental championship winning Enyimba team would have finished off this Ahly team

The same way they couldn't finish off the Zambian teams that eliminated them out of the confederation cup abi?

Heartland lost to Al Ahly 1 : 2, but Enyimba lost to Zasco or what are they called self 0 : 4.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2010
Its over for Heartland. I believe Enyimba will do us proud next season
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 9:27pm On Sep 12, 2010
honeric01:

The same way they couldn't finish off the Zambian teams that eliminated them out of the confederation cup abi?

Heartland lost to Al Ahly 1 : 2, but Enyimba lost to Zasco or what are they called self 0 : 4.
Honeric, I said the continental championship winning team not the current Enyimba team.

The point I was trying to bring out is that if you watch the match, The Al-Ahly team was there to be beaten but Heartland played football that shouldn't even be played by secondary school students. They could not string passes together and were totally disgraceful. Al-Ahly I saw today was not special.

I repeat, Enyimba's continental championship winning team would have beaten this Al-Ahly team easily.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2010
I don't know if the standard of the league is falling because there is no player in the current Heartland team that can match any of Enyimba's team that won the championship years ago. From Enyeama (or Dele), Nwaneri, Muri Ogunbiyi, Mohammed Musa, and even the Ayaya I saw playing today is totally different from the one Enyimba broke the league transfer record for years ago. Way past his prime.

Anyways, I wouldn't want to use Heartland's performance in this year's champion's league or Enyimba's performance in the Confederations Cup to judge the entire league. I want to believe there are better players.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2010
^^^

Well, you shouldn't have gone that far, Kano pillars that this same heartland beat 4 : 0 in last years semi final first leg were the ones that removed Al Ahly from the caf champions league last year, the issue is really not the players per say because 90% of the players are still with heartland, the problem came from the management changing the coaching crew and also not paying the players.

I blame the management and also the management of Enyimba for allowing indiscipline creep into the elephant's camp after they won the super 4, if they had gone to Zambia with their complete squad, they wouldn't have been out of the confederation cup by now.

Anyways, Enyimba and Kano pillars are going to be representing us next season and i am happy it's these 2 going.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2010
Meanwhile, TP Mazembe beat Dynamos 2-1. TP Mazembe are through to the semi's.
The qualifiers are:
Group A- TP Mazembe, Esperance
Group B- JSK, Al Ahly
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2010
All still can be traced back to running the clubs as true professional clubs not government parastatals. When clubs start waiting for government to release budget to pay outstandings, then it becomes a problem.

Now we see why we must have government hand off our football at ALL levels. Until then, these problems will continue to persist
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by proudly9ja(m): 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2010
Good to see Pillars back in the Champs League. Their experience from last season should help them again. I hope we would have either sorted out our football issues by then or both clubs have governors who will support them.
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 10:18pm On Sep 12, 2010
proudly9ja:

All still can be traced back to running the clubs as true professional clubs not government parastatals. When clubs start waiting for government to release budget to pay outstandings, then it becomes a problem.

Now we see why we must have government hand off our football at ALL levels. Until then, these problems will continue to persist
I see no reason why Heartland should have problem with debts. They made close to $1m for getting to last years final.
I think the problem is basically corruption. In some places in Europe, Spain, for instance, most of the clubs are state owned and the La liga is still ranked one of the best in the world. The problem with ours are the club administrators. They are there for their own pocket. The will to move the clubs forward is not just there
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:43am On Sep 13, 2010
12large:

once again the king of soccer on this forum have been proven right, i said after heartland first game that they would not qualify and it would put dents on siasia resume, but what did dunce like semid4life do critisize, anytime i say something just believe
You be first class M-U-M-U I swear. At your age, you still cannot write and spell well? shocked cry Your folks should ask for a refund of the money they spent on your education grin wink

Kai! What a waste grin grin
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by 12large: 2:12am On Sep 13, 2010
look at this useless monkey shame no catch u to sey anything again, remember my thread in august and i specifically remembered a mallam like u said. anyway sorry for not saying el dair kabai to you, let me leave u cause fasting was just over. by the way this place is not english 101
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by semid4lyfe(m): 8:05am On Sep 13, 2010
12large:

look at this useless monkey shame no catch u to sey anything again, remember my thread in august and i specifically remembered a mallam like u said. anyway sorry for not saying el dair kabai to you, let me leave u cause fasting was just over. by the way this place is not english 101
And your point is? So in your opinion Siasia should not have taken the Heartland job cos it would put a dent on his CV? You must have faeces in your brain cos your daftness nor get part two. Oya run to your vendor and get a copy of soccer star. . .oponu oshi!

*Shakes his head and leaves the thread wondering why 12large hasn't been banned all this while*
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by 12large: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2010
exactly my point he should not have taken it at all
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2010
M-U-M-U, is that how you run away from challenges in your life?
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 9:49pm On Sep 15, 2010
TP Mazembe will be without talismanic striker and captain, Tresor Mputu and midfielder Guy Lusadisu after the pair were handed a FIFA ban.
Mputu was handed a year ban while Lusadisu's was an 11 month ban for their part in an ugly incident during May's CECAFA Club Cup in Rwanda.
Mputu was the highest goal scorer in the champions league last season and his absence will be a massive blow to Mazembe. TP Mazembe are currently on top of Group A with 10 points, same as Esperance.
A semi-final tie with either Al Ahly or JSK awaits depending on how things pan out on the final day of the group stage
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2010
final round of matches for the group phase of the champions league will be on this weekend. The matches are more like a consolation really. In group B, JSK are guaranteed top spot irrespective of this weekend's fixture. Al Ahly finish second.
However, in group A, there's a battle for who finishes tops as TPM and Esperance are currently level on points and goal difference
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2010
Fixtures for this weekend are:
Tomorrow- Dynamos vs Esperance
ES Setif vs TP Mazembe
Sunday- Heartland vs JSK
Ismaily vs Al Ahly
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 6:54am On Sep 19, 2010
Dynamos 0 vs Esperance 1
ES Setif 0 vs TP Mazembe 0
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 7:46am On Sep 19, 2010
Semi-final matches:
TP Mazembe vs JSK
Al Ahly vs Esperance
matches will be played in two weeks time
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 8:08am On Sep 20, 2010
Heartland 1 vs JSK
Ismaily 4 vs Al Ahly 2.
Heartland finish bottom of group B with 5 points
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 5:49am On Oct 03, 2010
Semi final actions begin today
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2010
TP Mazembe vs JSK: 3:30 PM
Al Ahly vs Esperance: 7:30 PM
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2010
TP Mazembe 3 vs JSK 1
Al Ahly 2 vs Esperance 1
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 1:22pm On Oct 09, 2010
ORANGE CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ,
Al Ahly
2 : 1
EST
TP Mazembe
3 : 1
JS Kabylie
Al Ahly
3 : 0
Al Ittihad
Heartland FC
3 : 1
Supersport ,
Zanaco
2 : 2
Entente Setif
Al Merreikh
1 : 1
EST
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 8:13am On Oct 16, 2010
second leg semi-final matches take place this weekend.
JSK will have to score two unreplied goals when they take on defending champions, TP Mazembe, to qualify for the final on away goals. TP Mazembe head into the tie 3-1 up but JSK have a good record at home, winning all their three home games in the group stage.
JSK vs TP Mazembe. 7:30 PM today.
Esperance will also be looking to overturn their 1-2 deficit when they take on 6 times champion, Al Ahly at the November 7 stadium in Rades. Esperance's Michael Eneramo is currently the highest goal scorer in the competition and all eyes will be on him as Esperance need to score at least one unreplied goal to book a place in the final. Al Ahly head into the tie 2-1 up.
Esperance vs Al Ahly. 8:15 PM, tomorrow
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 9:26am On Oct 16, 2010
medjai:

second leg semi-final matches take place this weekend.
JSK will have to score two unreplied goals when they take on defending champions, TP Mazembe, to qualify for the final on away goals. TP Mazembe head into the tie 3-1 up but JSK have a good record at home, winning all their three home games in the group stage.
JSK vs TP Mazembe. 7:30 PM today.
Esperance will also be looking to overturn their 1-2 deficit when they take on 6 times champion, Al Ahly at the November 7 stadium in Rades. Esperance's Michael Eneramo is currently the highest goal scorer in the competition and all eyes will be on him as Esperance need to score at least one unreplied goal to book a place in the final. Al Ahly head into the tie 2-1 up.
Esperance vs Al Ahly. 8:15 PM, tomorrow

Yummy!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by medjai(m): 9:05pm On Oct 16, 2010
JSK vs TPM is currently goaless and its halftime
Re: 2010 CAF Champions League (News And Scorelines) by honeric01(m): 11:29pm On Oct 16, 2010
Africa - Champions League
23:55 October 16
FT JS Kabylie 0 - 0 TP Mazembe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

(1:0) 2 H Means What. HELP / 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea / Bet9ja Booking For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.