Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. (3027 Views)

Nigerians On Facebook Apologize To GEJ For Voting Against Him In 2015 (photos) / Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration / Is There Anything We Crucified GEJ For That Has'nt Happened Under PMB? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by deji68: 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2017
no mind am.... when he was campaigning up and down for Buhari dem use voodoo for am grin grin grin grin
frankyychiji:
This OP just opened up old wounds embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by londoner: 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2017
Op are you going to take any responsibility at all for the way you/ others voted?

Don't you remember the change mantra and how badly most people except the 5% wanted Buhari?

Man up and accept that Nigerians got who they voted for because of the empty promises you were fed and swallowed.

Even the 5k a month which he allegedly has begun, let's see if he ever gives s kobo outside the North.

Many here warned but they were labelled 'wailers' remember?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by frankyychiji(f): 11:44pm On Dec 23, 2017
deji68:
no mind am.... when he was campaigning up and down for Buhari dem use voodoo for am grin grin grin grin
If it was not voodoo, then tell me what it is?
It's called "jazz of mass hypnotism". At the wave of the evil broom, all senses are gone grin
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by dukecharles(m): 11:47pm On Dec 23, 2017
doctokwus:

The background was laid by Jonathan's own incompetence.
The people crying that 2019 should come sooner to vote out Buhari are doing so not out of any personal beef or hatred but because they have witnessed first hand his misrule.

Why do you guys like the name GEJ? You said he wasn't good enough, and voted for a better candidate, now you 're still blaming him for making you to vote against him. Bros baba. Allow the poor man.

Point of correction GEJ fought corrupt in a civilized and we saw result. Bank Nuban number, Ippis, BVN, TSA , biometric registration of fed civil servants etc are all his brain child. But PMB has just be making noise, fighting political enemies in a crude manner with EFCC without any meaningful outcome.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by deji68: 11:48pm On Dec 23, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin stlll never return i mean ther senses
frankyychiji:
If it was not voodoo, then tell me what it is?
It's called "jazz of mass hypnotism". At the wave of the evil broom, all senses are gone grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by horsepower101: 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Jonathan is guilty of many crimes against Nigerians but his greatest crime aaginst the the people of Nigeria remains making perenially unelectable Buhari become electable

Big LIE

It was Tinubu and Yoruba myopia because of VP post that made buhari electable.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by Boss13: 11:51pm On Dec 23, 2017
frankyychiji:
Yes you are right about the kid gloves. Jonathan pandered so much to the sentiments of northerners e.g Buhari who declared that an attack on BH was anti north. Jonathan wasn't man enough to arrest the silly old enemy of state and make him explain what he actually meant by that!

He pandered so Mindlessly to there stupidity when he declared a quasi state of emergency in the affected states and still allowed the governors to remain in office while empowering them with huge allocations.

I like the adjectives you used in qualifying Jonathan. To summarize your comment above, he was a weakling and a weakling doesn’t deserve to be a leader or president. Leaders make tough decisions, decisions considered to be in the best interest of the country. Jonathan was no presidential material. OBJ described him to be the 5th in command in Aso rock after 4 women.

At this moment, we can wail about the hardship in the country and the indecisiveness and deceit of the Buhari administration, but if a goat ran against Jonathan in 2015, the goat would have won. The defeat of Jonathan in 2015 was the best thing that happened in Nigerian politics and come 2019, Nigerians should vote strongly against Buhari for his incompetence and economic hardship he exposed Nigerians to.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by horsepower101: 11:57pm On Dec 23, 2017
dukecharles:

Why do you guys like the name GEJ? You said he wasn't good enough, and voted for a better candidate, now you 're still blaming him for making you to vote against him. Bros baba. Allow the poor man.

Point of correction GEJ fought corrupt in a civilized and we saw result. Bank Nuban number, Ippis, BVN, TSA , biometric registration of fed civil servants etc are all his brain child. But PMB has just be making noise, fighting political enemies in a crude manner with EFCC without any meaningful outcome.

Applause... well said

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by jamesibor: 11:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
frankyychiji:
This OP just opened up old wounds embarassed

Now that the scales have fallen off doctokwus eyes, he's looking for a scape goat.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by frankyychiji(f): 12:30am On Dec 24, 2017
jamesibor:

Now that the scales have fallen off doctokwus eyes, he's looking for a scape goat.
Going by his past post you quoted, I think he has every reason to wail now even though I know I had insinuated in the past that his dissatisfaction was due to the alienation of his man BAT by the government he helped into power grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by frankyychiji(f): 12:31am On Dec 24, 2017
Boss13:

I like the adjectives you used in qualifying Jonathan. To summarize your comment above, he was a weakling and a weakling doesn’t deserve to be a leader or president. Leaders make tough decisions, decisions considered to be in the best interest of the country. Jonathan was no presidential material. OBJ described him to be the 5th in command in Aso rock after 4 women.

At this moment, we can wail about the hardship in the country and the indecisiveness and deceit of the Buhari administration, but if a goat ran against Jonathan in 2015, the goat would have won. The defeat of Jonathan in 2015 was the best thing that happened in Nigerian politics and come 2019, Nigerians should vote strongly against Buhari for his incompetence and economic hardship he exposed Nigerians to.
My comment means what it means, the rest is your opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by frankyychiji(f): 12:38am On Dec 24, 2017
deji68:
grin grin grin grin grin grin stlll never return i mean ther senses
But where is the OP for crissakes? Did he abandon his own thread? He should come back here to carry his cross alone grin

Lalasticlala can also place this on FP to help locate the OP.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by Toosure70: 6:59am On Dec 24, 2017
@op. better leave these Mumu alone. Nothing for them in this country until they learn, ever your gej has visited baba in Ota to beg for his mistakes.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by doctokwus: 7:28am On Dec 24, 2017
londoner:
Op are you going to take any responsibility at all for the way you/ others voted?

Have I ever denied I overwhelming supported,campaigned(in my own little way) for Buhari?No!
But I insist its because Jonathan's performance was looking so abysmal and underwhelming that I felt, like many others,that anyone else could do better,talkless of one,that even the international community was deceived into believing had integrity and wasn't corrupt.
The things we know now if had been known prior to 2015,based on first hand experience,would have resorted in a different outcome.However,maybe not still a Jonathan for me,but definitely not a Buhari and I would have mobilized any little way I could to ensure that those I cud could vote any way they choose,so long as I practically ensured its not Muhammadu Buhari.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by jollymizzle(m): 7:28am On Dec 24, 2017
I saw the ops sincere post and even if you are pro Gej you should be able to sympathize with his position, many have and I'm happy about their sense of fairness. however, I decided to weigh in because I saw many comments from people who believed Gej could do no wrong. I wish such people would open their eyes and even for just a moment get serious. Gej I will say during his first coming was a widely popular figure. supposedly he was a man of destiny, he was Goodluck, a man who never thought he would become a governor, the whole nation fought so he could be president. they saw in him a messiah, he wasn't like the rest of those desperate power mongers.... so we all thought. Gej was a colossal disappointment. he was the only ruler in recent history that came close to MKO's popularity, in my hometown i know two young boys who were named after him 'Goodluck' just like the time of abiola.he was that popular and had the support of majority of Nigerians. buhari may have a cult following in the north but he wasn't as widely accepted as Jonathan. so for him to be thrown out of Aso rock was no mistake. his time saw the oil boom and at a point we were still borrowing to pay salaries. corruption during his time was epidemic. every Tom, dick and ebele had access to the treasury. he almost ran us aground when we should have made our biggest strides as a nation. I'm happy he's gone and despite what people who continue to think he was worth something belive, he is never coming back as a leader. Good riddance.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by doctokwus: 7:31am On Dec 24, 2017
frankyychiji:
But where is the OP for crissakes? Did he abandon his own thread? He should come back here to carry his cross alone grin

Lalasticlala can also place this on FP to help locate the OP.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by doctokwus: 7:39am On Dec 24, 2017
jollymizzle:
I saw the ops sincere post and even if you are pro Gej you should be able to sympathize with his position, many have and I'm happy about their sense of fairness. however, I decided to weigh in because I saw many comments from people who believed Gej could do no wrong. I wish such people would open their eyes and even for just a moment get serious. Gej I will say during his first coming was a widely popular figure. supposedly he was a man of destiny, he was Goodluck, a man who never thought he would become a governor, the whole nation fought so he could be president. they saw in him a messiah, he wasn't like the rest of those desperate power mongers.... so we all thought. Gej was a colossal disappointment. he was the only ruler in recent history that came close to MKO's popularity, in my hometown i know two young boys who were named after him 'Goodluck' just like the time of abiola.he was that popular and had the support of majority of Nigerians. buhari may have a cult following in the north but he wasn't as widely accepted as Jonathan. so for him to be thrown out of Aso rock was no mistake. his time saw the oil boom and at a point we were still borrowing to pay salaries. corruption during his time was epidemic. every Tom, dick and ebele had access to the treasury. he almost ran us aground when we should have made our biggest strides as a nation. I'm happy he's gone and despite what people who continue to think he was worth something belive, he is never coming back as a leader. Good riddance.
Thank you.
Its sometimes annoying that just because of the disaster we have now,people have so easily forgotten how bleak Nigeria was looking with Jonathan and the shenanigans that trailed his rule.
There were millions of otherwise 'unvoting' class who trooped out that day or ensured others trooped out,just that they could vote Buhari,simply because GEJ performed poorly.
Those same set are waiting to do same,if not muscled out,against Buhari.
I stand on my ground,Jonathan caused my likes to support Buhari!

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by hucienda: 7:43am On Dec 24, 2017
Mr OP, no shame in being a man and accepting you goofed on your choice, in spite of your education and history (after all, Jonathan was fresh outta the university by the time the great Fela was singing about animals in human skin). Blame no one for your choice but yourself - that's called responsibility.

Quit crying over spilt milk. Jonathan is now part of history as so are Obasanjo and Yar'Adua in the Nigerian Fourth Republic. Buhari will soon join them.

On another plane, the mistakes pointed out in your post call for sober reflection for individuals to research and choose the good one(s) out of the worst lots the two leading political parties always present quadrennially. Historical records are there. Make use of it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by lastempero: 9:25am On Dec 24, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:
Rubbish post. Jonathan was the best president Nigeria, and indeed Africa has ever seen. A president who understood and believed in the power of the people and institutions, instead of the popular belief in party Neo-colonial Godfatherism and self politics practiced and worshipped by the selfish, phoolish and demonic african political elite.
Jonathan failed because Nigeria is an impossible futile, built-to-fail project. Nobody except Jehovah can turn nigeria into a success. If you like bring Roosevelt, chiang kai sheikh, Chairman Mao and Eisenhower to reform nigeria. They will all fail with flying colors. Nigeria is ungovernable; and that's a fact. Try chopping down a tree with a blunt axe, and you will understand what Jonathan went through. The only mistake Jonathan made was that he believed in this ridiculous, hopeless, sinful nation. Worse was that he believed in you and me.

Brother what made him the best president? For fostering buhari on us unknowingly, he is the worst president.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by doctokwus: 9:29am On Dec 24, 2017
lastempero:

Brother what made him the best president? For fostering buhari on us unknowingly, he is the worst president.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by londoner: 10:04am On Dec 24, 2017
doctokwus:

Have I ever denied I overwhelming supported,campaigned(in my own little way) for Buhari?No!
But I insist its because Jonathan's performance was looking so abysmal and underwhelming that I felt, like many others,that anyone else could do better,talkless of one,that even the international community was deceived into believing had integrity and wasn't corrupt.
The things we know now if had been known prior to 2015,based on first hand experience,would have resorted in a different outcome.However,maybe not still a Jonathan for me,but definitely not a Buhari and I would have mobilized any little way I could to ensure that those I cud could vote any way they choose,so long as I practically ensured its not Muhammadu Buhari.

So you jumped from the frying pan into the fire?

You and other voters were GULLIBLE and believed Buharis lies. You never took the candidate you voted for to task like others who were asking his supporters HOW is he going to deliver the promises but we were shut down by his supporters here on NL.
You just called them 'wailing wailers' remember? But now you are the ones wailing.

Noone at that time who knew this was a mistake is surprised now that he has disappointed you. We saw it coming and also WARNED but you wanted to be deluded.
It is all well documented here on NL go and check.

Sleep well in the bed you prepared for yourself then, because you cut off your nose to spite your face. Many people screaming that GEJ should go at the time would take him back in a heart beat now because even they had a better experience of Nigeria then than now.

You are a grown adult and not an infant man up and take FULL responsibility and just admit it was a mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by urboy1: 10:04am On Dec 24, 2017
Its because of low current I decided to destroy the transformer... so lets blame low current

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by amarilo: 10:06am On Dec 24, 2017
doctokwus:

But I insist its because Jonathan's performance was looking so abysmal and underwhelming that I felt,
Now you seen and known what ABYSMAL is. Which of the petrol station are you? Can we have pictures?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by tsdarkside(m): 10:08am On Dec 24, 2017
doctokwus:
The heading is no sarcasm,joke or trying to pull anybody's leg.
I truly blame Jonathan for the monumental error,suffering,disaster and crass incompetence that has characterized Buhari's rule since 2015.
My reason is quite simple:
Goodluck Jonathan was voted in in a historical election.He was the first head of government of any make in Nigeria to come from a minority tribe.
He was overwhelmingly supported by those who saw his coming to power as the chain breaker that would liberate every ethnic group in Nigeria to believe it had a stake in corporate Nigeria.
However,for 5yrs,Jonathan failed to deliver on good governance.
He allowed corruption to become an acceptable form of governance.
He dilly dallied on Boko Haram till they threatened the 2015 elections.
He failed majorly on the economy as signs of Nigeria sliding into debts,unpaid salaries,unemployment and various crimes began to manifest.
He was clearly inclined to favouring his Ijaw stock,to the detriment of even other Southern ethnic groups.
The choice was stark:reelect Jonathan and face the fear of Nigeria sliding further down or elect a man championed and dressed in robes to be non corrupt,with impeccable integrity and backed by big financiers,who could match PDP's vote for money strategy.
In otherwords,if Jonathan had shown just the slightest desire to fight corruption,had battled BH early on,instead of allowing those around him to mess him up,and those in the North to add further insult by sabotaging efforts towards that end,and had by fighting corruption,got sufficient funds to tackle the bankruptcy Nigeria was heading to and a consequent traumatised economy with it,many that voted Buhari won't have dare look at an old man,that was scared of debate,and whose whole image was craftly forged for the voting public.
So yes,Buhari has turned out to be a great disaster,a very divisive,grossly incompetent,parochial president and one no country should ever pray to have,but if Jonathan had put in just one more bit of honest effort,we would all have been saved the Buhari nightmare we are all living witnesses to.

tell them....just plain truth...none of us would have elected a ex dictator.....this wailers must think other nigerians are stvpid...

we knew buhari before electing him.....but we still choose a ex dictator over jonathan...
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by londoner: 10:10am On Dec 24, 2017
[quote author=tsdarkside post=63562727]

tell them....just plain truth...none of us would have elected a ex dictator.....this wailers must think other nigerians are stvpid...

we knew buhari before electing him.....but we still choose a ex dictator over jonathan...[/quote
]

You did what you wanted and this is the result of your action. If your vote was a protest vote against Jonathan, fair enough, but you guys chose this so stop complaining and man the eff up.

You chose hot pepper soup from the menu in protest against rice and stew but you are complaining about the spiciness and blaming the rice. Lool

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by tsdarkside(m): 10:17am On Dec 24, 2017
[quote author=londoner post=63562770][/quote]

protest vote against Jonathan my foot...its not about that...if jonathan was serious enough,we wouldnt have voted buhari....

and buhari is still doing well so far am concerned.....if any nigerian understand how complicated nigeria is they will agree with me too....

nigerian democracy is not that old...una fvck this opportunity up again like 1960,then military rule will return again....

dont mess with the nigerian military....
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by londoner: 10:28am On Dec 24, 2017
tsdarkside:

protest vote against Jonathan my foot...its not about that...if jonathan was serious enough,we wouldnt have voted buhari....

and buhari is still doing well so far am concerned.....if any nigerian understand how complicated nigeria is they will agree with me too....

nigerian democracy is not that old...una fvck this opportunity up again like 1960,then military rule will return again....

dont mess with the nigerian military....

And Nigeria is only complicated under Buhari but not under GEJ?

The same things Nigerians complained about under GEJ are happening now but the difference is that Nigerians are not up in arms about it as they were under GEJ because THEY DARE NOT. The same corrupt members of PDP simply cross carpeted to APC under your very eyes. Anyhoo, enjoy your Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by doctokwus: 10:33am On Dec 24, 2017
amarilo:
[b]Now you seen and known what ABYSMAL is. Which of the petrol [/b]station are you? Can we have pictures?
Thought I knew the meaning when Jonathan was in power,but I didn't probably know it had other,more dismal meanings,till Buhari started ruling.
If as worse as Jonathan was,Buhari can be "worstest",I fear 2019 maybe too late for us all.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by brown3: 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2018
doctokwus:

If GEJ had done well,would I have thought of Buhari?
Even if GEJ had done averagely well,by arithmetic he won't have lost.
Let me tell you why:GEJ's performance was so abysmal that the electorate in a core support base of his,the SouthEasterners,in the SouthEast,became indifferent at best to his re-election.In 2011,Jonathan was scoring averagely 700,000 -1million votes,per each SE state,with some rigging admittedly.That gave him about 3.5-4million vote margin from the 5 SE states.
Fast forward 2015,average vote for same man was 300,000/state,giving him margin of 1.5million.
GEJ lost the 2015 elections,despite the tsunamis in Kano,Kaduna,Katsina,Bauchi etc,by a mere 3million votes.
That 3million would have been wiped out if the SouthEasterners that also felt disenchanted with his rule,but could not imagine themselves supporting the disaster now ruling us,had come out to vote(4million 2011-1.5million 2015=almost 3million)for him as they did in 2011.
mr. Man get it clear, Gej lost because obama want him out power. Nigeria never vote him out.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by doctokwus: 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2018
brown3:
mr. Man get it clear, Gej lost because obama want him out power. Nigeria never vote him out.
So Obama voted for Buhari and forced out GEJ or Obama held a gun to GEJ's head and told him he either leaves office or America kills him?
You are very funny.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by wirinet(m): 6:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
londoner:

You chose hot pepper soup from the menu in protest against rice and stew but you are complaining about the spiciness and blaming the rice. Lool

Jonathan rice and stew? Well I am not surprised, to most Koreans Kim Jong Un is salad and chicken.

Although Buhari is messing up big time, Jonathan was a bigger failure.

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by Ojiofor: 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
Blame yourself for voting for a man who has been rejected 3 times before.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Prof. Osinbanjo Pictured With Minister Trading Words / Accountability Index: Obasanjo Hits Buhari’s Administration Once More / See What This Omisore Fans Wrote On Facebook After Osun Rerun.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.