Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,314 members, 7,839,509 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase (20216 Views)

Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill Again / Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Buhari Rejects Files, Orders Aides To Meet Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
bamidelee:

most likely you have a father at home ,therefore respect someones father. if you don't like him doesn't give you and pple like you the opportunity to attack him
and Moreso, we know how your contributions here can't transform into a better result. If the way you talk is the way you run your personal affairs, then you are a perpetual failure.
Will you keep kwayet? Every of Buhari's decision affects my life, the lives of members of your family, the lives of mine and the lives of everyone in Nigeria. So, yes! He deserves it
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by nkemjacob2(m): 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
They will still be shouting sai baba....
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by Okoroawusa: 2:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
We must rescue this country from the hands of few opportuned fuel marketers.

Thanks PMB.
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by wristbangle: 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2017
tsdarkside:
if una allow marketers to manage fuel then good night nigeria....with the greed nigerians havewe will all suffer it...

free market my foot.....dont try free market with such corrupt people....

This is someone with sense. Let's take the case of AGO and DPK for example, with full deregulation see how much it costs to get 1L of these products.
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by rajiraymond(m): 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
Marketers calling for increment of pump price at this period of time is very disastrous and it's the handiwork of opposition.

They are just looking for one way or the other to jeopardise this government and most especially the PMB's second term ambition.

I will only appeal to Mr. President not to succumb to these greedy people and he also needs to be levelheaded somebody or else the situation may be out of control.
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by smirn(m): 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
PHIPEX:
Who can tell me exactly what we have benefited from subsidy removal? What sort of subsidy removal sees prices only on the upside even when crude price falls?
Even during subsidy era we were still experiencing scarcity. The truth is obvious now, Nigerians don't need the government to solve every of our problems. It is time we come together as a people and reject whatever that comes up to exploit the public and make them suffer. Just three days ago, a fuel station manager was trying to defend the high cost of fuel at NGN250 per litre citing the cost at which he bought the fuel. To me, why most the marketers buy above the government fixed price? If the Depots are not selling at the agreed government price then let the marketers don't buy and at this stage it is easier to address. But the marketers knowing fully well that the public are ready to buy at all cost will ever want to give every reason for the high cost. The solution is as simple as if you don't sell at NGN145/litre, we will not buy. Since they is no fuel at normal price, Nigerians should just take the pain of refusing to buy. No fuel, no work, no activity should be initiated by the public and everyone will sit at home. This will not be an easy move but there lies the solution. We are easily manipulated because we will never resist anything in this country.

1 Like

Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by 4Play(m): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
smirn:

Even during subsidy era we were still experiencing scarcity. The truth is obvious now, Nigerians don't need the government to solve every of our problems. It is time we come together as a people and reject whatever that comes up to exploit the public and make them suffer. Just three days ago, a fuel station manager was trying to defend the high cost of fuel at NGN250 per litre citing the cost at which he bought the fuel. To me, why most the marketers buy above the government fixed price? If the Depots are not selling at the agreed government price then let the marketers don't buy and at this stage it is easier to address. But the marketers knowing fully well that the public are ready to buy at all cost will ever want to give every reason for the high cost. The solution is as simple as if you don't sell at NGN145/litre, we will not buy. Since they is no fuel at normal price, Nigerians should just take the pain of refusing to buy. No fuel, no work, no activity should be initiated by the public and everyone will sit at home. This will not be an easy move but there lies the solution. We are easily manipulated because we will never resist anything in this country.

Your post encapsulates why Nigeria is doomed. Economically illiterate and full of pie in the sky exhortations divorced from reality. The strange thing is that many "educated" Nigerians share this mindset.

Your solution is that fuel sellers should stop selling fuel and Nigerians should stop buying fuel. No amount of suasion would address the fundamental point: the price of petrol rises with the price of crude oil. If I may ask, what do you do for a living and what do you think would happen if the government decided to fix the price you demand for your labour below the cost of supplying it?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by francizy(m): 4:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
bamidelee:

most likely you have a father at home ,therefore respect someones father. if you don't like him doesn't give you and pple like you the opportunity to attack him
and Moreso, we know how your contributions here can't transform into a better result. If the way you talk is the way you run your personal affairs, then you are a perpetual failure.

Useless and idiotic comment!!! You and your likes, including the brainless bigot in Aso Rock did worse before 2015 elections. Hypocrites like you cursed and maligned everyone who opposed your blind support for the brainless old fool in Aso Rock. To the point that you and your likes supported genocidal comments (from una oba of lagoon, the useless US based doctor and one demonic almajiri on twitter) against the Igbos.

Now you want to intimidate someone into soft pedaling on his criticisms against the useless Buhari? As far as I'm concerned, since Buhari has chosen to develop ear infection and turn his back on the masses, any criticism, be it constructive or destructive, should fly!

1 Like

Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by appliedscience(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
Hmmmm. God help this country. What baffles me most is the comments of so called youths on such matters if national socioeconomic importance. They either insult the president or ethnicalize the issue. Many of this youths ve never dared to solve a problem at family or community level.
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
msld:

Primitive thinking. If my father decides to run for an elective post without any idea of what he is going there to to do, you are free to insult him, life of millions worth more than my father old age and whatever stupid respect you are talking about. Your type is the reason Africa is where it is today. Perpetual hypocrite.
once you don't have respect for your father, therefore you expect someone to abuse him
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by Omeokachie: 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
Yinmu

Buhari can only deceive himself.

Same way he said he will not devalue the naira...

Believe this man at your own peril!
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by blacknp(m): 10:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
okachie1:
Buhari is a sociopath & it's totally bereft of current realities on ground. He cannot be trusted as he's too senile to preside over a complex economy like present day Nigeria.

Perhaps, events overtook him during the 80's when the world was slower(snail paced events) talk more, of the present world that is faster & full of complexities and has eluded even the sanest and smartest brains the world could offer (Obama,Blair,Cameroon,etc). Buhari belongs to the village meeting period!

Just wailing what are you trying to say you biafran Bigot
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by blacknp(m): 11:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
Omeokachie:
Yinmu

Buhari can only deceive himself.

Same way he said he will not devalue the naira...

Believe this man at your own peril!
When did President Buhari devalue the Naira is he the Governor of The Central Bank of Nigeria?shame on you ordinary economics 101 you don't know I am sure to you the president is the one that sets the interest rate,mumu.
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by blacknp(m): 11:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
Reinvented:
Where are the refineries Buhari and APC promised Nigerians
I am still looking for the locations on google where pdp built the state of the art refineries in Nigeria from 1999-2015?
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by blacknp(m): 11:14pm On Dec 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

If you want to see failure in its full glory, just look at Buhari
They say Charity begins home,go and take a long look at your parents since you seem to have first hand knowledge of what a failure is.
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by Omeokachie: 5:34am On Dec 25, 2017
blacknp:
When did President Buhari devalue the Naira is he the Governor of The Central Bank of Nigeria?shame on you ordinary economics 101 you don't know I am sure to you the president is the one that sets the interest rate,mumu.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/what-is-presidential-about-that-media-chat/

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/breaking-news-buhari-annexes-cbn-assumes-governorship-post/

There you have it son.

Buhari will continue to embarrass the likes of you who are willing to defend positions and comments they knew nothing about!

BTW, Merry Christmas to you and yours.
In the spirit of the season, I will not invite the mods for your incivility (major hallmark of "sai baba" chanters).
Re: Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase by Chydobe: 10:29am On Jan 03, 2018
So, you now have what we call a double warning. NNPC is suddenly finding its importing what they probably didn’t expect in terms of volume and the fact that Nigerians themselves are consuming more volume that they will normally consume in earlier months.

He also re-iterated on the fact that neighboring countries are selling fuel at more that $1 per liter. Of which $1 in Nigeria today is about N360.

"Couple with the fact that the countries that are surrounding us as a nation are all selling fuel at more than $1 per liter. $1 today is about N360. If you go to Cotonou, Ghana, Niger so is is not unlikely that some of our petrol is finding itself across the body to these countries".

Click on link below for more information
http://www.newzified.com/fuel-price-in-nigeria-likely-to-be-n360-per-litre-oil-marketers-insist/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Our Politics Directorate Not About Osinbajo's Rumoured Ambition - RCCG / Sokoto Deputy SSG, CoS, 11 Commissioners Resign / Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.