Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

"The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson (25504 Views)

'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas / Photos From "The Wedding Party 2" Premiere In Lagos (Arabian Themed) / The Wedding Party 2 - Official Trailer And Poster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by chronique(m): 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nne5:
After watching the part 1 I concluded that the movie is one over hyped movie.

Was surprised when I learnt there was going to be a part 2 because I knew it'd be worse than the first part.

Trashy overhyped movie.
I'm so not watching.

True. The part one was just there;nothing spectacular.

2 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by Agozie48: 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2017
Sense Fall on you guys, while you guys are busy doing review on how good or bad it is, the producers are making serious millions out of it. Sense fall on all of you mummy
Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by falconey(m): 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nne5:

You don't know what interesting is so Shut it!

Lady don't be bitter with everything, if part1 was a failure there won't be so much anticipation for part2 and great turn out by enthusiasts.

3 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by stanliwise(m): 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by Nne5: 5:58pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

The same thing with that AY movie. The part 2 was a terrible waste of time
30 days in Atlanta right?
I actually slept through some part of that movie and I'm not kidding.

I didn't know it has a 2nd part tho

4 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2017
Even tho it has bad reviews,notin will stop me frm watching it bt never with my hard earned money o....i will watch it because i will watch it nt because d part1 i s interesting..notin is interesting abt d movie,its jst because of d people dat acted it,dats y people love it,nt dat there is somtin interesting there
Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by just2endowed: 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
The part one was interesting to me

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
2500 at genesis , movie is too lame

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by shammahyaro(f): 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
After all my friends recommended d part 1 for me to watch... I started it and didn't finish it... the part one wasn't too good... d igbo elite woman acting completely different from real life elite igbo women... I never liked part one sef...Now people eyes have open... lol.. can't wait to hear stories in school when we resume heheheheh

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by uchennaq(m): 7:35pm On Dec 24, 2017
WEDDING PARTY IS NOTHING BUT A SCAM. POOR MOVIE YET HIGHLY OVER HYPED AND RATED

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by Ezionye(f): 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
I agree to some point

AY and Law's roles were completely unnecessary

Even mama G's role was confusing

The lady organizing the wedding did a lot of overacting

Sola sobowale was shouting and making unnecessary supposed_ to _ be_ funny comments

However, I loved the white family, RMD and his wife's roles. Ali baba too. there were some funny scenes too

Banky W should find his calling

In summary, the movie was star studded so it was nice to see many of our popular actors and actresses there. But too much is bad. Well, I do not have high expectations for Nigerian movies so I wasn't disappointed. Hanging out and having fun criticising is more important cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by McTobe(m): 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
tunesoft:
I swear....I should have watched the bridge.......WP2 was a total waste.....the AYs part was unnesscery....abeg just forget the movie....make e follow 2017 comot
The movies was not that bad just that it was overhyped. I agree with u that AY part was nt necessary. How is the Bridge, is it worth watching?
Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by johhnnie(m): 9:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
I enjoyed every part of the movie. It was worht watching over and over again. They tried in the area of diplomacy and international relations. Showcasing the rich Nigerian heritage; making it obvious that Nigeria is not a push over. I know Nigerians will not appreciate the movie. However, I believe that a bunch of the foreign Nationals would. The Director did a good job. The only minus was AT and the some the scenes he featured in.

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by ovokate(f): 9:29pm On Dec 24, 2017
The part 1 sef was like something culled from 'think like a man too' and when i saw the trailer for part 2 i knew i wouldnt bother about it. Originality is key but copy copy and over hype will not let nollywood be

2 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by Kakamorufu(m): 9:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
Too much cooks spoilt za broth. Gbam

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by shogbenga: 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2017
Waste of money. I was at silverbird jabi mall Abuja yesterday to watch with my family. Terrible movie. The Johnson's would have done better. Disjointed movie. The story line was terrible. I didn't know what the producer intended to achieve. They just wanted to produce a movie. Travelling to Dubai to shoot the movie was a waste

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by pearls336: 12:03am On Dec 25, 2017
Hmm waste of my hard earned money 2500. They were trying too hard abeg. And some characters did not have to come back e.g AY, Beverly Naya. Also sola sobowale was too involved in a wedding that was not her own to plan. And adesua pregnancy looked too fake it was like using a fake pillow.
Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by Namady(m): 12:58am On Dec 25, 2017
plz where can I download it
Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by OYIBN: 1:02am On Dec 26, 2017
Agozie48:
Sense Fall on you guys, while you guys are busy doing review on how good or bad it is, the producers are making serious millions out of it. Sense fall on all of you mummy

Yours is the only sensible comment l have come across so far. Even people that have not watched the movie are criticising. Some are criticising Wedding Party 1 when the focus of the post is on Wedding Party 2. Wedding Party 1 brought comedy to the fore in Nigeria. Those that don't enjoy comedy should stick to other types of movies such as horror, thriller, drama, crime, scientific, etc. The essence of comedy is to make the audience laugh not about who should be in the movie or not , details of scenes, and so on. What will decide if there will be a Part 3 of the movie where Sola is expected to get married will be reviews from countries like UK, America , South Africa and several overseas countries where the film is being shown at the moment. Their audience are well used to comedy films. I don't like Comedy films myself and hardly watch them. I however enjoyed watching Wedding Party 1 and watched it 3 times at the cinema before l bought the CD of the film which l have watched more than 10 times! No matter the negative comments, l will go the cinema to watch Wedding Party 2. By the way what are all these comments about the film being overhyped? People just use words loosely without knowing what it means. No sensible person will produce a film costing millions and millions of naira without giving it adequate publicity. Otherwise how do they recoup their investment? Promoting the film is not synonymous with the word "overhyping". A film that made 100million naira in one week despite all the negative reviews and comments cannot be said to be overhyped!!!
Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by kingthreat(m): 7:49am On Dec 26, 2017
OYIBN:

Yours is the only sensible comment l have come across so far. Even people that have not watched the movie are criticising. Some are criticising Wedding Party 1 when the focus of the post is on Wedding Party 2. Wedding Party 1 brought comedy to the fore in Nigeria. Those that don't enjoy comedy should stick to other types of movies such as horror, thriller, drama, crime, scientific, etc. The essence of comedy is to make the audience laugh not about who should be in the movie or not , details of scenes, and so on. What will decide if there will be a Part 3 of the movie where Sola is expected to get married will be reviews from countries like UK, America , South Africa and several overseas countries where the film is being shown at the moment. Their audience are well used to comedy films. I don't like Comedy films myself and hardly watch them. I however enjoyed watching Wedding Party 1 and watched it 3 times at the cinema before l bought the CD of the film which l have watched more than 10 times! No matter the negative comments, l will go the cinema to watch Wedding Party 2. By the way what are all these comments about the film being overhyped? People just use words loosely without knowing what it means. No sensible person will produce a film costing millions and millions of naira without giving it adequate publicity. Otherwise how do they recoup their investment? Promoting the film is not synonymous with the word "overhyping". A film that made 100million naira in one week despite all the negative reviews and comments cannot be said to be overhyped!!!

If wedding party humours you then a madman taking a piss will also make you laugh your ass out

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by Mryacks: 11:41am On Dec 28, 2017
kevoh:
That's good for you guys, next time you will have sense not to waste your money on Nollywood films. angry I watched the part 1 of the film and deleted the crap movie like a virus out of my computer. It was too fake and terrible for my liking , there was no way I will even consider watching the part 2, let alone spending money at the cinema to see the movie. angry angry

Maybe I am the only one yet to even watch that part one.... undecided
Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by kokoA(m): 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2017
OYIBN:

I agree with every other thing you said apart from calling this movie a comedy. This is no comedy at all. Meanwhile, the movie isn't overhyped but well promoted.
Re: "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson by mavinjay1(m): 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2017
Thats why we need a Nigeria Rottentomatoes.com for all these Nollywood films. There are many films on the Irokotv app better than The TWP 2.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Jackie B And Jaypaul Emerge Heads Of House / Top Website's To Download Korean Movies / What Are Your Best Christians Films And Their Producers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.