Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says (28912 Views)

NBC To Sanction Nigeria Info Over Mailafia Interview / AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe / No Decision Yet On Two-month Free Electricity – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Efewestern: 10:27am On Dec 25, 2017
Belafonte:

The US does not need the UN's approval for anything and they have threatened to leave already if such petty theatrics remain. The UN has no power other than what countries like the US give it. This vote on the US move in Israel has as much effect as Panadol on AIDS. Nothing will happen.

it's like you don't know the essence of the vote, but I will explain.

The vote was not to change u. s decision but was for other countries to express their views regarding this issue and 90% still don't see Jerusalem as Isreal capital except US and some few countries.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Kirinwa: 10:28am On Dec 25, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
I said this some days back that Buhari(Nigeria) should have stayed on a neutral ground in a sensitive matter like this but, one buffon was insulting himself that day..

Jungle Go Soon Mature For Buhari And Nigeria

Buhari will be sinking his mouth on what doesn't concern him. Nonsense! But those monies Us gave us, what achievement have we achieved?
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by fay39: 10:31am On Dec 25, 2017
Trump is always a trash and so shall he continue to be. To hell with him and his sanction
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by obstead200(m): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2017
nnachukz:

Outside religion, Nigeria has nothing directly affecting her from that decision.
Staying neutral couldn't have affected which ever ground Buhari's religion is standing.
meet me this evening for five bottles of beer
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by megareal: 10:35am On Dec 25, 2017
I really pray the US doesn't withdraw its aid. The ignorant ones are asking which aid? US pays for retrovirals, TB and malaria drugs as well as a host of others for Nigeria. My sister who works with an NGO was telling me that for US to withdraw aid will mean monthly retrovirals can cost up to 50k a month. Imagine the death toll for these people? How many can afford that?
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by thunderbabs: 10:42am On Dec 25, 2017
Now, the US,in it's bid to prove itz world power status nonsense is about to rubbish itself.. Dz z stupidity

No wonder North Korea wants to blow them up with Nuclear missiles. They re overdoing it.

Who preaches democracy? And dey re now being hurt by a simple democratic process? Clueless power drunk govt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Delejumi(m): 10:47am On Dec 25, 2017
seunmsg:

127 countries including Nigeria voted rightly to reject Trumps unilateral decision to recognised Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Voting otherwise would have been against Nigeria's advocacy for a two state solution to the Isreal/Palestinian crisis.

Trump can go and die with his fvcking aids. We are a sovereign nation and Trump cannot dictate to us what our foreign policy should be on any issue.

What did Nigeria know as two-state solution Is it the people that throws their weight behind terrorism you people prefer
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Banter1(m): 10:50am On Dec 25, 2017
The USA should know that the person incharge of the affairs of our country now is a MUSLIM. So i say to you Mr Trump, please make sure the sanction you're going to dish out to nigeria, make sure they felt it in every espect of their lives. We the christians in Nigeria are behind USA & ISREAL
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Doyin2(m): 10:54am On Dec 25, 2017
thunderbabs:
Now, the US,in it's bid to prove itz world power status nonsense is about to rubbish itself.. Dz z stupidity

No wonder North Korea wants to blow them up with Nuclear missiles. They re overdoing it.

Who preaches democracy? And dey re now being hurt by a simple democratic process? Clueless power drunk govt

Thankyou.

The same misguided elements supporting USA on this issue,are the one cursing BUHARI for marginalising them because they didn't vote for him

1 Like

Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by APL33: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
I said this some days back that Buhari(Nigeria) should have stayed on a neutral ground in a sensitive matter like this but, one buffon was insulting himself that day..

Jungle Go Soon Mature For Buhari And Nigeria

Brother just forget that thing, Trump/frog has a thing against Nigeria, calling us names nd sorts. And if u go through it well, they said it a non binding vote. So why are they complaining?

Moreover, who their foreign policy help. If to say Nigeria fit use juju straight our foreign, na stroke for done catch trump.

Him fada Nahim dey live for hut.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:59am On Dec 25, 2017
seunmsg:

127 countries including Nigeria voted rightly to reject Trumps unilateral decision to recognised Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Voting otherwise would have been against Nigeria's advocacy for a two state solution to the Isreal/Palestinian crisis.

Trump can go and die with his fvcking aids. We are a sovereign nation and Trump cannot dictate to us what our foreign policy should be on any issue.
Oil dey your head.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Doyin2(m): 11:02am On Dec 25, 2017
Banter1:
The USA should know that the person incharge of the affairs of our country now is a MUSLIM. So i say to you Mr Trump, please make sure the sanction you're going to dish out to nigeria, make sure they felt it in every espect of their lives. We the christians in Nigeria are behind USA & ISREAL

Idiotic commentary

Are you more Christian than the Britons that brought Christianity to Nigeria.?

In UK with overwhelming xtian majority,the issue is justice and not religion.

Even Jesus would have stood for justice and not the very dubious insertion of a "biblical promise ",made over300 years after his birth/death.

The true living GOD will not rob peter to pay Paul.

1 Like

Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by APL33: 11:08am On Dec 25, 2017
nnachukz:

Outside religion, Nigeria has nothing directly affecting her from that decision.
Staying neutral couldn't have affected which ever ground Buhari's religion is standing.

U think so? so u think all those **** of a people think like civilize humans? abeg oh make Nigeria case no worse pass as ee dey. b4 dem start fight for who t Nigeria.

But nonetheless trump na frog. Nigeria get femine? why him include us b4? make him just pray make WW3 no happen. cos Nigeria wey him dey curse anyhow go develop pass American wen d war finish.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Banter1(m): 11:12am On Dec 25, 2017
Doyin2:

Idiotic commentary

F you! Get your lazy unemploy thumb out of my mention. Once again F you!
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by APL33: 11:14am On Dec 25, 2017
cstr1001:
YET.

Please, pity HIV , polio and malaria victims in Nigeria and don't stop their flow of Drugs, vaccines and mosquito nets.

Any sanction should be focused on government funds. They embezzle it anyway.

CSTR1001. if USAID no work, nobody go feel am.
All the things u named are not even in their jurisdiction. when WHO UNICEF ET. ALL. dey do work.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Enice(m): 11:21am On Dec 25, 2017
Scholar212:
Buhari and his kitchen cabinet did not even think that they are biting the hand that has been feeding them, Nigeria would have simply abstained and be in Win win situation. The resolution is non binding so abstaining won't make any difference but he will rather put his religion ahead of the common good of the country. For those saying which AID is US giving Nigeria, ask any healthcare staff in government facilities to find out. Most basic medical services will be beyond the pubic if not USAID intervention with some other international donors
USAID my foot. most of aid to Nigeria is by NGO's such as Bill Gates foundation and not the American government. Right from time, going back to the Gowon administration, Nigerian government have always been in support of the two state solution. your hatred for Buhari makes you to go against everything Nigeria. if you like kill yourself Buhari will rule till 2023 if he so desire to contest.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 25, 2017
smiley let them withdraw the financial aid.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Ogunleti01: 11:23am On Dec 25, 2017
Emyogalanya:
THE ZUU COMING TO ITS END
inside the same zuu that your poor papa and mama gave birth to you
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by BafanaBafana: 11:23am On Dec 25, 2017
MasterKim:

Who is feeding who?
Trump feeding Nigerians or USA feeding Nigeria?
Maybe they are feeding his family.
That's the slavery mentality we are talking about. Forget those people abeg.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by belovedsamex(m): 11:23am On Dec 25, 2017
You people are here lamenting over what Trump wants to do...when God has already shown you what will be in the nearest future.

I will say this so that any learning mind will understand and not forget it:

It has already been decided by authorities far beyond this world that Jerusalem is coming back to Israel. The vote ended in 128 countries as against 6 countries who supports it because the Highest Authority in charge of the case does not need human support to bring it pass. He only used US to announce his decision so that the matter can get to the ear of every individual in the world. If it was any other country that did what US did, maybe the matter wouldn't have made Headline.

In a nut shell, you people should prepare for the New World Order: Jerusalem For Israel
It is not by man
It is by the powers beyond
Man can only go and Bleep himself...as he has always been doing.

Leave Trump out of this.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:26am On Dec 25, 2017
Are you sure you are well?What did i write that you are quoting story for the god's for me?
belovedsamex:
You people are here lamenting over what Trump wants to do...when God has already shown you what will be in the nearest future.

It has already been decided by authorities far beyond this world that Jerusalem is coming back to Israel. The vote ended in 128 countries as against 6 countries who supports it because the Highest Authority in charge of the case does not need human support to bring it pass. He only used US to announce his decision so that the matter can get to the ear of every individual in the world. If it was any other country that did what US did, maybe the matter wouldn't have made Headline.

In a nut shell, you people should prepare for the New World Order: Jerusalem For Israel
It is not by man

Leave Trump out of this.

Guy shatap
Mechie onu gi
What do u know about Jesus or the Bible promise that you stand to condemn the Bible and at same time assert what Jesus would have done.

Just close that mouth of yours.

If you want to make your point, leave Jesus and Bible out of this cos you do not know any of them.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:29am On Dec 25, 2017
When did I talk about the bible?You better mind your business and not everybody reasons from a religious point of view when discussing issues like this.
belovedsamex:

It is not by man

Leave Trump out of this.

Guy shatap
Mechie onu gi
What do u know about Jesus or the Bible promise that you stand to condemn the Bible and at same time assert what Jesus would have done.

If you want to make your point, leave Jesus and Bible out of this cos you do not know any of them.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by waveman2: 11:34am On Dec 25, 2017
My guy, they would have just abstained from voting. U, re in a country of both Muslims and Christians so that is not understandable. Buhari has to be diplomatic in doing things.

kallmemrB:
Naija...Chop ,clean mouth then gboju(carry eye)

but honestly this people don't understand the backlash the Govt is gonna face if they voted Yes...We have lots of Islam fanatics that fight and blown up anything for no just cause....

You: Funny Muslim

Muslim Fanstic: Ha You Call funny Muslim abi....strap bomb immediately... them boom boom

In the news: 100 people died in a terrorist bombing

It all started from you just calling him funny Muslim....Now imagine Them moving a capital that has no bearing with Nigeria muslims but has fellow Islam Religion there
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by bigiyaro(m): 11:36am On Dec 25, 2017
seunmsg:

the US will cut aids to nigeria and probably influence other nations to make things hard for for our country. tell me one area naija can sanction d US. soverign nation my foot.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by belovedsamex(m): 11:42am On Dec 25, 2017
Doyin2:

Idiotic commentary

Even Jesus would have stood for justice and not the very dubious insertion of a "biblical promise ",made over300 years after his birth/death.

The true living GOD will not rob peter to pay Paul.

Guy shatap
Mechie onu gi

Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by belovedsamex(m): 11:45am On Dec 25, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
When did I talk about the bible?You better mind your business and not everybody reasons from a religious point of view when discussing issues like this.

Apologies pls Ladyhippolyta88...it was a system error. I wanted to quote d guy above you. I have corrected my mistake. So sorry dear...
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:47am On Dec 25, 2017
Okay nor vex i was really surprised,don't be offended.
belovedsamex:

Apologies pls Ladyhippolyta88...it was a system error. I wanted to quote d guy above you. I have corrected my mistake. So sorry dear...

1 Like

Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by belovedsamex(m): 11:50am On Dec 25, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Okay nor vex i was really surprised,don't be offended.

Tanx
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by jelel6: 11:50am On Dec 25, 2017
Banter1:

For you, your brother can do 'no wrong'. your lineage did 'no wrong'. your tribe can do 'no wrong'. once the people are Christians like you, they can do 'no wrong'.

Your bitter "US" and "THEM" attitude can't allow you see past your own shadow and reflection.

So many countries voted, some Christian-dominated with Christian PMs and Presidents, I guess they are hypocrites right?

Theresa May's UK voted against their closest Ally, I guess she did it because she's a christian too?

For what's is worth, Nigeria's got a Muslim President for now, So deal with it!
for people like you, everything is either white or black - Buhari didn't do 'IT' because he's Muslim. Buhari did 'IT' because he's Muslim.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by Enice(m): 11:52am On Dec 25, 2017
Banter1:
using Christianity to disguise your PDP support roots. you hate PMB because he is a Muslim yet you are quick to support Atiku because he moved to PDP. well, for your info, I am a christian and I support PMB and his policies. stop using the "we" word. you talk for yourself, leave others out.
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by babajero(m): 11:55am On Dec 25, 2017
seunmsg:

how much do you and buhari contribute to nigerian economy?buhari is a failure,his vote represent him and his jihadist fellows and not me and other reasonable nigerians
Re: UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says by palearab: 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

http://punchng.com/un-vote-no-decision-to-sanction-nigeria-yet-says-us/

The funny thing is the US aid to Nigeria is peanut compare to the amounts Nigerian politician's are keeping in the US yearly...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi & Datti Arrive Borno State For Presidential Campaign Rally (Pictures) / Atiku Abubakar: "FG May Collapse" / Do Nigerian Former Vice Presidents Have Life Diplomatic Passports?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.