Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1165631 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 7:42am On Mar 20, 2018
zannie:
Hi guys
Second missionary journey done and dusted. Came home 2 days ago. I will say two things:
DO NOT PAY ANYBODY MONEY TO GET YOU APPROVAL FOR VISA ON ARRIVAL! I stupidly paid a colleague just because I didn't want stories about not getting the approval email before my travel date and I have been seriously regretting it since.
DO NOT USE DELTA AIRLINES IF YOU WILL BE TRAVELING ALONE WITH YOUR INFANT. That was my worst trip ever. I made firm reservations for a bassinet only to find out they didn't even have any on the plane. I ended up carrying my baby the entire trip. This is why I miss United airlines.

Good luck to everyone. I'm done grin

welcome back ma, we are gearing up for ours.

I have been praying United airline returns back to Nigeria soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sazlex: 10:25am On Mar 20, 2018
Momo13:

Apply for expedited interview since you're carrying twins. The checklist for that should be on this thread somewhere. Ensure you answer questions in line with what you filled in your application. All the best!

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 11:42am On Mar 20, 2018
Has my interview at Lagos embassy this morning.

Was interviewed by the lady in the counter 6.

Vo: What are you going to the US to do
Me: Childbirth

Vo: what state are you going to?
Me: Texas

Vo: why Texas?
Me: because I did a bit of research and I found good reviews for the hospital

Vo: where do you work?
Me: Bleep

Vo: what do you Do?
Me: xxxx

Vo: How long have you been working there?
Me: This is my 6th year

Vo: What does your husband do

Vo: How long have you been married?

Me: this is our 6th year

Vo: who is paying for this trip
Me: my husband and I

Vo: do you have any kids?
Me: Yes I have one son

Vo: do you have bank statements?
Me: Yes i Do, then I hand them over her

Flips through and does not look at the mutual funds statement which has the bulk of the money. GtBank account has about 3m balance.

Vo: I'm sorry bla bla bla
She only asked for the bank statement.

Please where did I go wrong?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 11:45am On Mar 20, 2018
She also asked what countries I've been to before

When I said 5 countries in europe, the UK, and Dubai

Mamaiyanu:
Has my
interview at Lagos embassy this morning.

Flips through and does not look at the mutual funds statement which has the bulk of the money. GtBank account has about 3m balance.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by creamynuela88: 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
julzz:
Second missionary journey has come to an end, used st Francis LA, was induced 5days after edd it went smooth got freebies from hospital diapers,similac,stroller,pump etc got my zero balance 2 weeks after birth, birth certificate one week after,called to book passport appointment couldn’t get a close date got 3working days to travel date (where my panick started) got passport next day, flew virgin Atlantic on the 7th March bassinet was provided infant ticket cost $317 , they checked in an extra bag for me free of charge smiley , special thanks to ozymes. Anyways still settling in, had my baby circumcision already immunization to follow up ,that’s it guys thanks everyone for your contribution.

Hello Julzz don't know how it works but I think I pm u. Pls do reply as I would like to know more about the hospital and doctor u used hoping to birth in LA. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thankful11011: 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2018
overlord77:

Calm your horses madam, there is no need to get overly excited. When she suggested free clinics, I bet she didn't mean to say you are poor. Anyways, google your way to the answers you seek. Am doing same myself in preparation for our second trip. I suggest you do same.

Enjoy your day.

Madam I know she didn't mean am poor but she was been sarcastic, why would she suggest I go to a free clinic for the poor n co, knowing it will affect my chances of renewing my visa, did I say I don't have money to pay for my bills?, I only wanted a cheaper deal just like everyone else, when I asked for a more affordable doctor/hospital, for example my first missionary mission, I saw much more expensive hospitals and later went with HNWMC, more over I have been doing my research, we are here to help each so I can do my research and still ask for a little help, thanks

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 2:26pm On Mar 20, 2018
Please forgive.
Thankful11011:

Madam I know she didn't mean am poor but she was been sarcastic, why would she suggest I go to a free clinic for the poor n co, knowing it will affect my chances of renewing my visa, did I say I don't have money to pay for my bills?, I only wanted a cheaper deal just like everyone else, when I asked for a more affordable doctor/hospital, for example my first missionary mission, I saw much more expensive hospitals and later went with HNWMC, more over I have been doing my research, we are here to help each so I can do my research and still ask for a little help, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jbikes: 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hello Bizzle6 howr u and family doing ,sent pm , please when you applied for b2 and not pregnant , did you add doctors information on the form and also do i have to book appointment for drop box cos appointment date as at today is june 1st .

i have not renewed before or done drop box. pls need you assistance.

bizzle6:
thanks

yes I did medical visa on my last missionary journey and yes this too is a medical visa although I'm.not preggy yet.

my advise is you should apply for drop box. by Gods grace you wouldn't be called for an interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
Please does anyone know if one can make payment for us visa fee with a copy of the passport?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2018
bizzle6:

I just went for B2 just in case something happens so I wouldn't start thinking of how to change it to B2. I cant imagine joggling twins, a job and then new baby, but no one knows what can happen hehehe

Hello bizzle6,I would like to get in contact with you.My email address is loganberry241@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
My husband's passport would expire September 17 and he intends traveling from July to September 8 for vacation.Would that be a problem?He has a valid visa
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chimzy09(f): 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
Violetdaisy:
My husband's passport would expire September 17 and he intends traveling from July to September 8 for vacation.Would that be a problem?He has a valid visa
Thanks

No problems at all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adeks2: 7:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
Violetdaisy:
Thanks

Please ignore my earlier post as I just confirmed that Nigeria is exempted from the 6 months passport validity rule (to USA). However, you may still want to consider renewing the passport since there is still time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DiObyyy: 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
Good evening mummies & daddies in the House.
Please I have a flight to Houston via British airways. I have gotten my fit to fly from my doctor. Is there any other document I need to get to fly with ?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jbikes: 8:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for your response Omo God bless but.My to expire visa is medical B2 and from my understanding on Dropbox you will renew base on ur expired visa.and my contact then was my doctor .so now I want to renew via drop box for medical as expired and am not pregnant which contact will i use? That was why I sent mail to bizzle6 since she renewed same way to help.

OmoBendel24:

Then B1/B2 via Dropbox is it, fill your form as normal using a regular contact.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thankful11011: 8:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
ozymes:
Please forgive.

Sist, I ain't mad at all, it's one of those things
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Saldway: 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
Good day people,
Pls how do you handle a case of someone that gave birth twice in the US, paid all her bills and collected zero balance letters. Subsequently applied for renewal via drop box and was invited for interview.
The interview asked for all the receipts , she gave all itemised and zero balance letters, vo just flipped through and said to her you were given discount of over 9k. She responsed that she was self pay and that the hospitals has a package for self pay international patients.
The vo looked at the birth certificate and told her you said you are resident there that is why the birth certificate has a u.s address on it. She said no, not at all that she said she is international and even gave the hospital her passport. That the address on the birth certificate and even receipts were for correspondence since they asked for a local address incase they want to post things, that they dont post internationally. He went ahead to deny her on 214 . She called the hospitals and doctors offices , they said she is not owing them as stated in her zero balance letter.
Pls who can she talk to?How can this be handled?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by heniola(f): 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2018
mamsiey:
Any June mums in Chicago? I'll be leaving in April. Let's connect so boredom does not kill
Please still waiting for your response as per chicago contact. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jbikes: 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hi Vio,Please let me know if she respond. Sent u mail. Need to talk to her too[ author=Violetdaisy post=66004571]

Hello bizzle6,I would like to get in contact with you.My email address is loganberry241@yahoo.com
Thanks[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 12:38am On Mar 21, 2018
adeks2:

Please ignore my earlier post as I just confirmed that Nigeria is exempted from the 6 months passport validity rule (to USA). However, you may still want to consider renewing the passport since there is still time.
Can someone apply for visa with passport expiring in October? Interview may be in April
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by darellone: 1:12am On Mar 21, 2018
Has your US visa expired and you are being lazy to renew it? Do you intend to apply for a US visa soon? You have from now till Friday to pay the old visa fee of 64k. From 26th March, US visa fees will be 110k. Don't say I did not warn you.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 2:00am On Mar 21, 2018
No response all day sad sad sad

Mummies and daddies in the house, please advise a sister...

Mamaiyanu:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Biodun1234: 2:15am On Mar 21, 2018
Its better not to reapply again. Most people who had interview like as yours and who reapplied were refused again. You would be seen as desperate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Crazy4God: 3:21am On Mar 21, 2018
Please any April LA mums using Dr M and St Francis and wishes to share accomodation. Please let's connect. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 6:03am On Mar 21, 2018
Mamaiyanu:
No response all day sad sad sad

Mummies and daddies in the house, please advise a sister...

Like I said earlier, it seems going to give birth is no longer a good enough reason for them to issue visa, cos I think the rate of denial is so high now. And I guess to them, your account statement didn't have enough money. Or maybe from informations in your form like salary and the rest, she had already made up her mind not to issue you. Try Canada if you still have time
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 6:34am On Mar 21, 2018
Mamaiyanu:

1.What is the total cost of the trip(Cost of delivery, flight, accommodation etc)

2. In total how much do you have in those bank statements?

3. What is your monthly salary and that of your hubby?(you don't have to answer this if its too personal )
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 6:41am On Mar 21, 2018
Petdaughter:
Birth Announcement: I just had my 3rd Baby at HNWMC. Thank God for safe delivery. Mommy and son are doing great! ❤️

Great news congratulations mama!!!!

I just completed my registration with the hospital and Dr X. Please of you don't mind me asking a few question as you go along with documentation. I am 38w6d already and can't wait to see my LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Marylandmama: 7:24am On Mar 21, 2018
DiObyyy:
Good evening mummies & daddies in the House.
Please I have a flight to Houston via British airways. I have gotten my fit to fly from my doctor. Is there any other document I need to get to fly with ?
Thank you

You are good to go. BA accepts fit to fly from your doctor. It shld be issued like 3days of ur travel date. Also make copies cos they ll collect a copy at the airport.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.