Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1165472 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Riderboy(m): 8:09am On Mar 21, 2018
Hello house! Please I will like to ask few questions as this is our first time.

1) can my wife and mother in law go in for interview at the same time? Any danger to it?
2) do you know if we are to submit a copy of my bank statement to the interviewer. Like will they keep a copy for themselves? Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:22am On Mar 21, 2018
Have you seen this:-

If you apply for a B-1/B-2 visa, you must demonstrate to a consular officer that you qualify for a U.S. visa in accordance with the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Section 214(b) of the INA presumes that every B-1/B-2 applicant is an intending immigrant. You must overcome this legal presumption by showing:

That the purpose of your trip to the U .S. is for a temporary visit, such as business, pleasure, or medical treatment
That you plan to remain in the U.S. for a specific, limited period of time
Evidence of funds to cover your expenses while in the United States
That you have a residence outside the U.S., as well as other binding social or economic ties, that will ensure your return abroad at the end of your visit

I presume that they always believe that the fact that we have children means we are already planning our exit from the country into the USA in no distant time.

The onus is on us to proof otherwise

Saldway:
Good day people,
Pls how do you handle a case of someone that gave birth twice in the US, paid all her bills and collected zero balance letters. Subsequently applied for renewal via drop box and was invited for interview.
The interview asked for all the receipts , she gave all itemised and zero balance letters, vo just flipped through and said to her you were given discount of over 9k. She responsed that she was self pay and that the hospitals has a package for self pay international patients.
The vo looked at the birth certificate and told her you said you are resident there that is why the birth certificate has a u.s address on it. She said no, not at all that she said she is international and even gave the hospital her passport. That the address on the birth certificate and even receipts were for correspondence since they asked for a local address incase they want to post things, that they dont post internationally. He went ahead to deny her on 214 . She called the hospitals and doctors offices , they said she is not owing them as stated in her zero balance letter.
Pls who can she talk to?How can this be handled?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DiObyyy: 8:39am On Mar 21, 2018
Thanks A lot

Marylandmama:

You are good to go. BA accepts fit to fly from your doctor. It shld be issued like 3days of ur travel date. Also make copies cos they ll collect a copy at the airport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriagee(f): 8:58am On Mar 21, 2018
no be small e. delta sucks when travelling alone with an infant. On the domestic flight to Atlanta from Houston, no infant seat belt. When l asked the air hostess, she said we don't have infant seat belts on this flight. On the intl flight to lag- no infant seat belt and when l asked the air host ,he said ur hands are the best seat belt for the child shocked and that was how l didn't even nap for one sec from ATL to Lag. Mcheww

zannie:
Hi guys
Second missionary journey done and dusted. Came home 2 days ago. I will say two things:
DO NOT PAY ANYBODY MONEY TO GET YOU APPROVAL FOR VISA ON ARRIVAL! I stupidly paid a colleague just because I didn't want stories about not getting the approval email before my travel date and I have been seriously regretting it since.
DO NOT USE DELTA AIRLINES IF YOU WILL BE TRAVELING ALONE WITH YOUR INFANT. That was my worst trip ever. I made firm reservations for a bassinet only to find out they didn't even have any on the plane. I ended up carrying my baby the entire trip. This is why I miss United airlines.

Good luck to everyone. I'm done grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by semilore12: 9:26am On Mar 21, 2018
Riderboy:
Hello house! Please I will like to ask few questions as this is our first time.

1) can my wife and mother in law go in for interview at the same time?Any danger to it? oh sure, no danger at all. Please have your docs complete
2) do you know if we are to submit a copy of my bank statement to the interviewer. Like will they keep a copy for themselves? Not at all sir...sometimes they don't even check it

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Riderboy(m): 10:05am On Mar 21, 2018
semilore12:

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 10:18am On Mar 21, 2018
Violetdaisy:
My husband's passport would expire September 17 and he intends traveling from July to September 8 for vacation.Would that be a problem?He has a valid visa
Thanks

I think your husband is good to go,i don't think the 6 months thing applies to people with visas already. I think it applies to people who plan to apply freshly. I stand corrected though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 21, 2018
Please this news I’m hearing about increment in visa fees , how true is it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 10:34am On Mar 21, 2018
jbikes:
Thanks for your response Omo God bless but.My to expire visa is medical B2 and from my understanding on Dropbox you will renew base on ur expired visa.and my contact then was my doctor .so now I want to renew via drop box for medical as expired and am not pregnant which contact will i use? That was why I sent mail to bizzle6 since she renewed same way to help.

Still renew via Dropbox, your category still falls under b1/b2. Use the the address of your new host as your contact,no bigie. You don't need to book appointment for drop box .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ehimeomo(f): 10:47am On Mar 21, 2018
Please house, I know this might have been treated before but kinda confusing. I crave ur indulgence to please help or throw more light, I have my visa already but my passport would be expiring in September(ending) & intend traveling by May (ending), is there any need renewing my passport b4 traveling as the validity would be exactly 4months when I land the POE? Getting confused & really worked up about this 6months thingy. Thanx.
NB: visa was issued early January
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 10:49am On Mar 21, 2018
Saldway:
Good day people,
Pls how do you handle a case of someone that gave birth twice in the US, paid all her bills and collected zero balance letters. Subsequently applied for renewal via drop box and was invited for interview.
The interview asked for all the receipts , she gave all itemised and zero balance letters, vo just flipped through and said to her you were given discount of over 9k. She responsed that she was self pay and that the hospitals has a package for self pay international patients.
The vo looked at the birth certificate and told her you said you are resident there that is why the birth certificate has a u.s address on it. She said no, not at all that she said she is international and even gave the hospital her passport. That the address on the birth certificate and even receipts were for correspondence since they asked for a local address incase they want to post things, that they dont post internationally. He went ahead to deny her on 214 . She called the hospitals and doctors offices , they said she is not owing them as stated in her zero balance letter.
Pls who can she talk to?How can this be handled?

Apply again, you just might be lucky to meet a more reasonable and understanding VO,who is experienced in this birth tourism waka and understands how it works

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 10:58am On Mar 21, 2018
Ehimeomo:
Please house, I know this might have been treated before but kinda confusing. I crave ur indulgence to please help or throw more light, I have my visa already but my passport would be expiring in September(ending) & intend traveling by May (ending), is there any need renewing my passport b4 traveling as the validity would be exactly 4months when I land the POE? Getting confused & really worked up about this 6months thingy. Thanx.

If I were you I'll just renew it for my peace of mind sake. Some CBP officers might stamp you on for the duration of your passport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by feddy27: 11:19am On Mar 21, 2018
Mamaiyanu:
No response all day sad sad sad

Mummies and daddies in the house, please advise a sister...

When you say Texas, it shows you've not done your research well. Texas is a state ! Where exactly are you going to? I think this is where the VO ruled it off

The response you gave is like saying I'm going to Akwa ibom state cos I did my research and they have good hospitals! It just shows you don't know exactly where you claim to be going to

Be more specific eg I'm going to Houston, Dallas, Atlanta etc

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by joanazubu(f): 11:45am On Mar 21, 2018
Thank you dere5
dere5:

Still renew via Dropbox, your category still falls under b1/b2. Use the the address of your new host as your contact,no bigie. You don't need to book appointment for drop box .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ehimeomo(f): 11:53am On Mar 21, 2018
dere5:

If I were you I'll just renew it for my peace of mind sake. Some CBP officers might stamp you on for the duration of your passport
thanx @dere5, will do just dat.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zannie(f): 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
Gloriagee:
no be small e. delta sucks when travelling alone with an infant. On the domestic flight to Atlanta from Houston, no infant seat belt. When l asked the air hostess, she said we don't have infant seat belts on this flight. On the intl flight to lag- no infant seat belt and when l asked the air host ,he said ur hands are the best seat belt for the child shocked and that was how l didn't even nap for one sec from ATL to Lag. Mcheww

They are horrible I tell you. With my first baby I used United. Excellent service all the way. I really miss them. Anyway this is my last child so...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
Violetdaisy:
My husband's passport would expire September 17 and he intends traveling from July to September 8 for vacation.Would that be a problem?He has a valid visa
Thanks
He's good to go
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriagee(f): 1:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
Well the only thing I like about them is that they don't need fit to fly, which is also scary if u think bout it. What happens if one goes into labor on their flight?

zannie:

They are horrible I tell you. With my first baby I used United. Excellent service all the way. I really miss them. Anyway this is my last child so...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 1:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hmnnn, that's sad sad

Biodun1234:
Its better not ato reapply again. Most people who had interview like as yours and who reapplied were refused again. You would be seen as desperate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
Sigh

Thanks for your response.

ozycy:

Like I said earlier, it seems going to give birth is no longer a good enough reason for them to issue visa, cos I think the rate of denial is so high now. And I guess to them, your account statement didn't have enough money. Or maybe from informations in your form like salary and the rest, she had already made up her mind not to issue you. Try Canada if you still have time
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
1. 12k ... altho she didnt even ask for my budget sheet or cost of the trip
2. 8k dollar equivalent in the gtb account statement she checked, 9k dollar equivalent in the mutual funds statement she didn't check
3. Personal please. But what we have in both gtb and mutual funds account is equivalent to half of our annual incomes combined.

Do you think I should reapply and transfer the money in the mutual funds to the regular account? Can I transfer it gradually so it doesn't look like an obvious lump sum transfer?

justwise:

1.What is the total cost of the trip(Cost of delivery, flight, accommodation etc)

2. In total how much do you have in those bank statements?

3. What is your monthly salary and that of your hubby?(you don't have to answer this if its too personal )
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 2:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
Thanks Feddy.

I planned to say Richmond when asked, but she actually said 'what STATE'

But like you said I guess I'd say Richmond, Texas next time when asked.

Thanks!

feddy27:

When you say Texas, it shows you've not done your research well. Texas is a state ! Where exactly are you going to? I think this is where the VO ruled it off

The response you gave is like saying I'm going to Akwa ibom state cos I did my research and they have good hospitals! It just shows you don't know exactly where you claim to be going to

Be more specific eg I'm going to Houston, Dallas, Atlanta etc

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
Biodun1234:
Its better not to reapply again. Most people who had interview like as yours and who reapplied were refused again. You would be seen as desperate

As with anything in life, it is always best to try and try again. Many people have been approved on second, third, even forth interview. Had they not tried, they had not gotten approved. Good luck!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 2:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
Renew your passport and go with both. The stamp will/might be put in any of them. But the new one gives you more validity.

Ehimeomo:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ehimeomo(f): 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
chibertha:
Renew your passport and go with both. The stamp will/might be put in any of them. But the new one gives you more validity.

Thankz @chibertha. I appreciate a great deal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 3:25pm On Mar 21, 2018
Thank you so much!

I will

Vlesparza:

As with anything in life, it is always best to try and try again. Many people have been approved on second, third, even forth interview. Had they not tried, they had not gotten approved. Good luck!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MiracleMum(f): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
Vlesparza:

to try and try again, requires money oh. Visa fee and appointment date fee over again. Mehn that country is making money in naija oh

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eilenora: 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello Gurus in d house.

Been a yle since i checked in.

Pls whats d current state of things for someone with a visa who wasnt preggy as at when she applied over a year ago? Now preggy and looking to have my baby in the states. Does d change of purpose email still work as before? Havent used the visa since I got it. I'm due Oct and visa expires Jan.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by anizi(f): 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
Renew your passport When a new passport is made the old one is cancelled, this invalidates your visa.

Ehimeomo:
Thankz @chibertha. I appreciate a great deal.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuoahsamuels: 6:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
okoji:

I have carried $30,000 and $20,300 on two occasions. I declared the cash.

What questions were you asked at POE Pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ehimeomo(f): 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2018
anizi:
Renew your passport When a new passport is made the old one is cancelled, this invalidates your visa.

invalidates visa that I've not used that's just barely 3months. This is the confusion I'm talking about. Who has been in my shoes oooo?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuoahsamuels: 6:33pm On Mar 21, 2018
Gloriagee:
Ah
Just got delta for my first trip for delivery- how can I handle baby better when returning without the bassinet or belt? Your advice pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.