Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,391 members, 7,812,151 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage (12699 Views)

Osinbajo Returns To Ekiti, Apologises To Monarchs For Not Paying Homage / Ekiti 2018: PDP Blasts Fayemi For Refusal To Pay Homage To Obas / Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by 1clickng(f): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2017
Governor Muhammadu Bindow of Adamawa has ‎cancelled the traditional Christmas homage to the Government House by traditional rulers and associations.

He has therefore directed them to use the opportunity to pray for the state.

The governor’s directive was contained in a statement Sunday signed by the State Commissioner of Information and Strategy, Mr Ahmad Sajoh.

The statement which conveyed the governor’s felicitation with the people of the state as they prepare to celebrate Christmas, urged them to reflect on the message and spirit of the season which comprised love, peace and blessings from God.

“In keeping with the Governor’s desire to ease the difficulties associated with mass movement during the Yuletide period and in consideration of the security challenges experienced recently in some parts of the state, His Excellency has called-off the usual Christmas homages paid on the governor by traditional rulers, top public officers, organized groups and other stakeholders.

“Instead, all stakeholders are requested to use the occasion to fervently pray for the state and exchange fraternal visits across all divides as a means of strengthening our bond of brother,” the statement read.

The governor also urged the people of Adamawa to be more security conscious and vigilant during the festive period.

“In view of the security situation in the state and country, the governor calls on the people to continue to be vigilant and security conscious particularly as we gather to rejoice with each other.

“Citizens of Adamawa are equally enjoined to maintain vigilance on the roads and within our communities.”

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the governor cancelled similar visit during the Muslim Eid El Kabir celebration. (NAN)

http://anstalk.com/adamawa-cancels-official-xmas-homage/

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by SpyAC(m): 1:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
Better that way.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by Chevronstaff: 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
THE CHANGE APC/BUHARI AND HIS BOYS PROMISED US VS WHAT THEY DELIVERED..
grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by Alao046(m): 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
Very good as it is cancelled, which one is Christmas homage again, another way to waste money on rubbish. Well done Mr govenor.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by Built2last: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
Just asking.

If it was Sallah will he have cancelled it on the guise of insecurity.
We know better oga governor.

Pray for the state indeed

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by AkupeMBANO(m): 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
APC government has failed woefully

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by kulboy(m): 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
Commendable.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by EdDave(m): 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
You might as well postpone the Christmas. Never seen Christmas holiday so dry.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by zicoraads: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
It's good it was clearly pointed out that he also canceled the Muslims' own. If not, this thread would have become bloody in no time cheesy grin

11 Likes

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by Hardeybohwarley(m): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
Laying on my bed, am under this gold chandeliers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by nely(m): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
Name so, why didn't they use Salah to pray but now Christmas period for Christians they want to pray, the same Adamawa state ssg publicly supported Fulani herdsman on taking arms.. they are all Boko Haram in disguise...

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by KingSHUAIBU(m): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
And chanji continues...
Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by pointstores(m): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ok nw
Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by gurunlocker: 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
Just say fuel no dey....

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by zicoraads: 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
EdDave:
You might as well postpone the Christmas. Never seen Christmas holiday so dry.
Speak for yourself. Mine is wet tongue
Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by Hardeybohwarley(m): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
Chillin in the summer, I've got no room for bummer
When the winter comes, still be ballin like a winner
Riches overflowin yea, call me Mansa Musa
My bae is gettin me confessed, gather call me seeker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by BenzEne1(m): 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
Some christian folks would find a way to relate this to religion...

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by xavieree(f): 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
I think Mr Nwamaikpe has travelled to his villa and there is no network there...I kinda miss him thou in a twisted way.

6 Likes

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by Solomonudofia(m): 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
tongue...... So what is new undecided undecided lipsrsealed

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by Emeritus001(m): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
Great. They always go to government house for festive money but not it has been blocked...Stay at home and pray, visit relations rather than Governor.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by easyfem(m): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
AkupeMBANO:
APC government has failed woefully

Is that an anthem ?

Some pple will commit suicide wen buari win 2019

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
Built2last:
Just asking.

may God bless you, may the wisdom if solomon fall on you.
He is just a religious bigot! I know it, and i dont care, because i am not supposed to be in the same country with him.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by rawtouch: 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
good.. cool
no fuel
Built2last:
Just asking.

Go back and read what the op posted again.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by Neoteny(m): 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
Built2last:
Just asking.

Another idiot who didn't read all through.

7 Likes

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by BafanaBafana: 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nice one. I wonder why they will be going to pay the governor homage for Christmas. Is he Jesus's Uncle?
Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
People who hate Christians with passion can no longer hide it.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage by vedd: 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
BenzEne1:
Some christian folks would find a way to relate this to religion...
The governor is anti Christian. He should stop hiding under the cloak of insecurity and admit the fact that he can't stand Christian leader's visits.

The report about his earlier cancellation of moslem visits is just a ruse. Christianity is the main target here.

Adamawa has never been secure in recent years.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UBA Pays Courtesy visit To Executive Governor And Governor Elect Of Zamfara / Umahi Congratulates Nigerians As Super Eagles Blbeat Guinea To Qualify For Round / PDP PCC: Why Tinubu Is Running From National Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.