Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Finally, Buhari Speaks On Fuel Scarcity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally, Buhari Speaks On Fuel Scarcity (362 Views)

JUST IN: Aisha Buhari Speaks On Condemning CJN's Suspension / Aisha Buhari Speaks On Arrest Of Her ADC, Sani Baban-Inna Over N2.5Billion Fraud / GEJ's "Friend" Who Left Him For Buhari Speaks Ahead Of 2019 Election. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Finally, Buhari Speaks On Fuel Scarcity by kemsan2011(m): 4:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
FOLLOWING mounting pressure from the public for him to personally address the debilitating fuel scarcity in the country, President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday spoke out for the first time, expressing his sympathy for Nigerians over their suffering.

In a statement personally signed by him and posted on his verified twitter handle, he said the scarcity was regrettable.
The president revealed that he was being briefed regularly on the matter, assuring that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) was on top of the situation.
He said: “The fuel scarcity being experienced nationwide is regrettable. I sympathise with all Nigerians on having to endure needless fuel queues.

“I’m being regularly briefed, especially on the NNPC’s interventions to ensure that there is enough petrol available during this period and beyond.

“I have the NNPC’s assurance that the situation will improve significantly over the next few days, as new shipments and supplies are distributed across the country.

“I have also directed the regulators to step up their surveillance and bring an end to hoarding and price inflation by marketers,

“Let me also assure that the relevant agencies will continue to provide updates on the situation. I thank you all for your patience and understanding.”

Nigerians have been vociferous especially on the social media in their calls for President Buhari who is also the Minster of Petroleum to address the issue.

He had refrained from speaking publicly about it since the scarcity developed weeks ago until now.
Re: Finally, Buhari Speaks On Fuel Scarcity by Baawaa(m): 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
“I have also directed the regulators to step up their surveillance and bring an end to hoarding and price inflation by marketers
Who are these marketers,are they not politicians They should be deal with
Re: Finally, Buhari Speaks On Fuel Scarcity by emmie14: 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nonsense..it is deliberately motivated. Christmas is over. Congratulations pa buhari.

1 Like

Re: Finally, Buhari Speaks On Fuel Scarcity by Mynd44: 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2017

(1)

Christmas: What Tinubu Want Nigerians To Do For Buhari / Crude Oil Swap, Fuel Scarcity And Matters Arising / Kaduna Teachers Begin Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.