Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,478 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 (1738 Views)

Dino Melaye Flaunts His Corvette 1977 Model Car / Ben Bruce With His Friends In Los Angeles In 1977 (Throwback Photos) / Nigeria’s New National Airline To Commence Operation This Year – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by sarrki(m): 7:04am On Dec 25, 2017
I Think we the citizenry also have a role to play

Nigeria problem is we lack institutions

We should not blame everything on our leaders

We all have a roll to play

1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by Trustme2(m): 7:06am On Dec 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 25, 2017
angry

∆ What is this one again now Sarrki?

40years old paper ∆

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by zionmde: 7:09am On Dec 25, 2017
sarrki:

Yeah our next role is to elect shehu shagari as our next president. The wen obj clocks 90 we elect him again.

Progressless vissionless human beings

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by sarrki(m): 7:10am On Dec 25, 2017
OrestesDante:
angry

∆ What is this one again now Sarrki? ∆

Come across it wish to share it

The truth is our problem is not Buhari

Our problem the citizens

We are endemically corrupt people
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 25, 2017
grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by RadicalTrump: 7:16am On Dec 25, 2017
I think dS Op is trying to be clever by half, He shud Jst tell us that Buhari Is a Corrupt, Clueless Ex petroleum, Ex Head of state, Nd now the record Dullard of a president

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by Evablizin(f): 7:18am On Dec 25, 2017
sad
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by DLondonboiy: 7:20am On Dec 25, 2017
sarrki:

Come across it wish to share it

The truth is our problem is not Buhari

Our problem the citizens

We are endemically corrupt people

Oga, how do I tell a person that he is a fool without him reporting me to the mod? Should I call him a sarrki?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by DLondonboiy: 7:21am On Dec 25, 2017
RadicalTrump:
I think dS Op is trying to be clever by half, He shud Jst tell us that Buhari Is a Corrupt, Clueless Ex petroleum, Ex Head of state, Nd now the record Dullard of a president

The fool rather blame himself, his family members, his dead parents or the whole Nigeria than blame Buhari..

These ones are irredeemable.

9 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by sarrki(m): 7:25am On Dec 25, 2017
DLondonboiy:

Oga, how do I tell a person that he is a fool without him reporting me to the mod? Should I call him a sarrki?

Very simple

I will tell you once myndd44 don see am
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by Paperwhite(m): 7:35am On Dec 25, 2017
OP is seriously suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.No it's we the hapless Nigerians that are to be blamed for the ineptitude of our corrupt leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 25, 2017
sarrki:

Chairman! Just listen to yourself! Use your brain please.

Buhari was there 40 years ago and didn't build a system. He is there today and is not building one either. The same lame excuse he gave us 40 years ago is the exact same excuse he is giving us now in the exact same office he occupied. HE IS PART OF THE PROBLEM.

When we have a distorted system like the fuel distribution system now, it's the government's responsibility to shake up the system. Just like the way the phone sector was reformed and today phone cost came down from 200k to N100 and its everywhere, it's the same reforms required in the petrol sectors.

This government just lacks ideas and are completely adverse to reforms. Simple. To blame the people for the failure of government is simply silly. There is NO WHERE in the world that businesses will not take advantage of a system as dysfunctional to make money so when there is scarcity they will sell high accordingly. Do you realise that is how OPEC of which Nigeria is member operate. They do so by hoarding or cutting supply to increase crude oil cost!! Are they also not sabotaging the world going by your logic!

You guys should stop looking for excuses for PMB. He applied for the job, let him take responsibility. I voted him and will not do so again. Not in this life.

11 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by SalamRushdie: 7:49am On Dec 25, 2017
In 1977 Buhari was Disorganised and 40 years later he is still disorganised yet some people are shamelessly campaigning for him ..I remain adamant that Buhari os responsible for 80 percent of the rot Nigeria has become

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by anibi9674: 7:51am On Dec 25, 2017
I don't understand this kind of a subtle attack on buhari from sarrki abi no Xmas money for BMC.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by SOFTENGR: 8:02am On Dec 25, 2017
DLondonboiy:

grin grin grin grin
I now know the meaning of sarrki

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 25, 2017
sarrki:

1.Well, i sort of agree with you. Nigerians don't like deregulation, yet that is the only way we can see an end to fuel crisis in this country.

2.That said, if the previous and present administration had not been so concerned about votes than moving Nigeria forward....we would have had the downstream sector deregulated since 2012! Or even since 2O16!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2017
SalamRushdie:
In 1977 Buhari was Disorganised and 40 years later he is still disorganised yet some people are shamelessly campaigning for him ..I remain adamant that Buhari os responsible for 80 percent of the rot Nigeria has become

In fairness to Bubu..in 1977..Kaduna refinery was in the pipeline...and was finished by 1988.

Also, from 1978-90,there was no fuel scarcity. Where the problem started was failure of the IBB and Abacha admins to keep our refineries properly maintained, as well as our subsidizing fuel...which by 1990 had become unsustainable.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by sarrki(m): 8:55am On Dec 25, 2017
anibi9674:
I don't understand this kind of a subtle attack on buhari from sarrki abi no Xmas money for BMC.

Xmas is going well a on this side

They paid long time ago

If that will please you
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by ivandragon: 8:57am On Dec 25, 2017
yet, some clowns say fuel issues started in 1999 or when they have brain meltdowns, 2011...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 25, 2017
Campusity:

Buhari was there 40 years ago and didn't build a system. He is there today and is not building one either. The same lame excuse he gave us 40 years ago is the exact same excuse he is giving us now in the exact same office he occupied. HE IS PART OF THE PROBLEM.

When we have a distorted system like the fuel distribution system now, it's the government's responsibility to shake up the system. Just like the way the phone sector was reformed and today phone cost came down from 200k to N100 and its everywhere, it's the same reforms required in the petrol sectors.

This government just lacks ideas and are completely adverse to reforms. Simple. To blame the people for the failure of government is simply silly. There is NO WHERE in the world that businesses will not take advantage of a system as dysfunctional to make money so when there is scarcity they will sell high accordingly. Do you realise that is how OPEC of which Nigeria is member operate? By hoarding or cutting supply to increase crude oil cost? L

You guys should stop looking for excuses for PMB. He applied for the job, let him take responsibility. I voted him and will not do so again. Not in this life.

1.Bubu did start the Kaduna refinery under his NNPC stewardship....

2.The reason why the govt does nothing is that the only available solution is deregulation. You saw what happened when GEJ flirted with deregulation?Riots in the streets. And then we had a 'booming' economy due to high oil prices which could have mitigated things.

If BUBU deregulates...as i think he should, and i have argued several times here that he should....prices would shoot up to as high as N300. Guess which party does badly in the 2019 elections....and what the new party would do on coming in?

3.Nigerians should take some of the blame. GEJ'S deregulation plan of 2011-12 would have been harsh in the short term...but beneficial in the long term. But we complained...and see where we are. Am sure we would complain now. Even though deregulation makes sense.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 25, 2017
ivandragon:
yet, some clowns say fuel issues started in 1999 or when they have brain meltdowns, 2011...

The current crisis started in 1990...and as early as 1993...deregulation was suggested as the solution.

Most Nigerians then, and in 2012 and even now were opposed....
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by anibi9674: 9:13am On Dec 25, 2017
sarrki:

Xmas is going well a on this side

They paid long time ago

If that will please you
Taa! sharap your mouth there who ask you to mention me ?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by infohenry(m): 9:22am On Dec 25, 2017
I was just 9days old the day this newspaper was published, now with my own kids and the fuel crisis is still with us. This country is motionless.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by ivandragon: 9:40am On Dec 25, 2017
9jakohai:

The current crisis started in 1990...and as early as 1993...deregulation was suggested as the solution.

Most Nigerians then, and in 2012 and even now were opposed....

the issue is not wholly about start dates, its the fact that the APC lied on the issue.

total deregulation is the way forward, but it won't be allowed because the further inland you go, the more expensive fuel gets...

the north will not allow that...

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 25, 2017
ivandragon:

the issue is not wholly about start dates, its the fact that the APC lied on the issue.

total deregulation is the way forward, but it won't be allowed because the further inland you go, the more expensive fuel gets...

the north will not allow that...

Neither would the South.

Cost issues can be overcome via pipelines, and rail.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by mrhowoto: 9:43am On Dec 25, 2017
DLondonboiy:

haha haha

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by mightyhaze: 9:50am On Dec 25, 2017
DLondonboiy:

just say,... u are a sarrki

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by TheLogicalMind(m): 9:52am On Dec 25, 2017
sarrki:

So Bubu has been a failure for more than 40 years? Thanks for sharing. There may yet be hope for your redemption.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by ivandragon: 9:58am On Dec 25, 2017
9jakohai:

Neither would the South.

Cost issues can be overcome via pipelines, and rail.

at whose expense?

or is it the FG that has deregulated the market that would pay for the cost of transporting the goods?

or do you think a sound business entity will build a refinery in the North when the raw material is in the South? & even if the business does that, & lays a pipeline, you think the extra cost of the pipeline, security of the pipeline & other associated taxes & maintenance costs will not be added to the final cost?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by TheLogicalMind(m): 10:00am On Dec 25, 2017
sarrki:

Very simple

I will tell you once myndd44 don see am

To all the sarrkis of Ñairaland, may those empty boxes sitting on your necks become filled with substance in the new year.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Be Over Next Year Minister Of Petroleum ..buhari 1977 by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 25, 2017
ivandragon:

at whose expense?

or is it the FG that has deregulated the market that would pay for the cost of transporting the goods?

or do you think a sound business entity will build a refinery in the North when the raw material is in the South? & even if the business does that, & lays a pipeline, you think the extra cost of the pipeline, security of the pipeline & other associated taxes & maintenance costs will not be added to the final cost?

Under deregulation, the companies would be the ones investing.

Because price controls have gone , more investment would pour in, making it more feasible to invest in facilities.

Gsm companies did the same.No price controls meant they had freedom to make their profits as they wished, so they invested to make more profits.

Rail is coming up too...and should be useful as well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police To Arrest Journalist That Leaked IGP Idris Transmission Video / Anambra Teenage Girls Win Global Tech Competition In Silicon Valley / See As British Prime Minister Was Welcomed Today Along Buhari (photo + Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.