Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday (5656 Views)

Photos Of Olu Falae's Pickup Van After He Was Kidnapped On Monday / Osinbajo And His Supporters On A Motorcade In Abuja On Monday(photos) / The Real Laborers Vs Labor Leaders On May Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by goggs(m): 8:57pm On Apr 05, 2010
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100405/wl_nm/us_nigeria_president;_ylt=Akt_JhfORG05ETZuRDSjO4C96Q8F;_ylu=X3oDMTJxMW91aGc4BGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTAwNDA1L3VzX25pZ2VyaWFfcHJlc2lkZW50BHBvcwMxBHNlYwN5bl9wYWdpbmF0ZV9zdW1tYXJ5X2xpc3QEc2xrA25pZ2VyaWEzOXNpbA--

ABUJA (Reuters) – Nigeria's ailing President Umaru Yar'Adua, who has not been seen in public in five months, prayed with Christian leaders at his residence in the capital Abuja on Monday, his second meeting with religious leaders in five days.

Yar'Adua's inner circle of aides, led by his wife Turai, have started to allow select groups of guests to meet with the president, who remains too sick to govern.

Acting President Goodluck Jonathan, who has assumed executive powers in Yar'Adua's absence, and other top political leaders have yet to meet with the president since he returned from hospital in Saudi Arabia two months ago.

Pastor Emmanuel Kure, leader of the Throneroom Trust Ministry in Kaduna state, said Yar'Adua prayed with him and three other Christian leaders for about 10 minutes at his home.

"The prayer was for the Lord to perfect his healing," Kure said, adding that he was invited by Yar'Adua on Saturday.

He declined to elaborate on the meeting or discuss Yar'Adua's health. "I do not want to get involved in the politics. It is not my place," Kure said.

The president also prayed with four senior Islamic clerics at his residence last Thursday.

Ustaz Musa Mohammed, the chief imam of Nigeria's National Mosque, said the president had some difficulty speaking on Thursday but he believed Yar'Adua would recover from his illness.

So religious leaders have overthrown elected leaders abi?
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by snowdrops(m): 9:01pm On Apr 05, 2010
He is yet to meet his ex-vice president yet he is meeting various religious leaders.
Definitely sth fishy
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by marvix(m): 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2010
If u are sick u go 2 d docs, Yaradua needs restoration of his health and he believes dat only God can heal him dats y he is meeting with spiritual leaders dat can join him in prayers and pray for him, when he is fully recovered he can then go abt meetin political leaders to assess d level of damage his health has cost him politically and how he can regain lost ground. What wld b d purpose of politicians nd his colleagues coming 2 c him now, some will even go 2 c him 2 start askin favors nd puttin unnecesary presure on him, he believes dat Jonathan has evrythin unda control so no need 2 rush back 2 ofc.

My president pls just take ur time nd recover wen u are well enuf ur seat wld be waitin and if u are not able to come back it must have been d will of God and who are we 2 question his will
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by jesus3: 9:15pm On Apr 05, 2010
Another deceit.Some men of God will burn in hell for conspiracy,aiding and abetting
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by dedeike: 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2010
Did oyedepo really go there? We need to hear him speak because he cannot just lie.
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by snowdrops(m): 9:23pm On Apr 05, 2010
So did this christain leader swear an oath of secrecy about revealing the real condition of the man he claims to have seen? Why trying so hard to pull the wool over our eyes? What are these ppl playing at?
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by bibiking1(m): 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2010
Beautiful!!Sweet! Sweet!!
Please i did like to know when he would be meeting with the traditional worshippers and deep-rooted pagans.
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 05, 2010
Folks chill

A chess game is being played at the seat of powe.

Some people are headed for a cul-de-sac

It will soon be checkmate.
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by edoyad(m): 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2010
Turai, it's a pity your desperation is driving you virtually into stark lunacy. The good thing about all this charade is that Nigerians are beginning to see the level of stup¡dity being exhibited by these folks they call ruling class.
All this section 141 and other crap Jonathan wants to institute is a waste of time, Mao Tse Tung said, "political power can only be gotten through the barrel of a shot gun". Kick that invalid and his semiliterate almajiress out of the Villa back to rural katsina so this country can move forward abeg.
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by 18platoon(m): 9:34pm On Apr 05, 2010
@snowdrops, is there any downing street in lag ni?
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 05, 2010
bibiking1:

Beautiful!!Sweet! Sweet!!
Please i did like to know when he would be meeting with the traditional worshippers and deep-rooted pagans.

I agree with you

This is really a beautiful development

People of no faith and traditional rulers should also demand their right to see the President.

more and more people are getting closer
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 05, 2010
wtf shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Nigeria needs help lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2010
Desperation na bad thing o, see as madness just begin hold people.
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by naijaking1: 9:54pm On Apr 05, 2010
This meeting leaves more questions than answers. Who is Emmanuel Kure
If the chief Iman of Abuja mosque was invited to see the "president" ? Why was the archbishop in charge of the national chapel in Abuja not invited to see the man?
Why shop around for some "favorable" pastor?
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 05, 2010
naijaking1:

This meeting leaves more questions than answers. Who is Emmanuel Kure
If the chief Iman of Abuja mosque was invited to see the "president" ? Why was the archbishop in charge of the national chapel in Abuja not invited to see the man?
Why shop around for some "favorable" pastor?

Thats a good one, Christains are not satisfied with this representative.

We need people up the chain of command of CAN

and if the Muslims want balance they can demand for the Sultan to see him
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by goggs(m): 10:07pm On Apr 05, 2010
On Channels News;

John Onayekan, David Oyedepo and Emmanuel Kure prayed with Yaradua
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by Sunofgod(m): 10:17pm On Apr 05, 2010
Has Jonathan seen the guy?

Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by 9ijaprince(m): 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2010
Why not invite tunde bakare
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by ojimboIV: 10:24pm On Apr 05, 2010
what sort of nonsense is this? angry angry angry
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by 006(m): 10:27pm On Apr 05, 2010
Declare Umaru Yar'dua President of Northern Nigeria, and Goodluck Jonathan President of Southern Nigeria.
Case closed. lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by Sunofgod(m): 10:32pm On Apr 05, 2010
Declared,

cool
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2010
Why wont they get pictures?
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by bibiking1(m): 10:49pm On Apr 05, 2010
9ijaprince:

Why not invite tunde bakare

He might be tried for treason after the meeting,,,so i guess everyone's trying to play it cool!
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by ojimboIV: 10:51pm On Apr 05, 2010
Yar'Adua's inner circle of aides, led by his wife Turai, have started to allow select groups of guests to meet with the president, who remains too sick to govern

next in line i'm guessing will be 1 babalawo. 1 dibia, and 1 iyanifa.
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by xterra2(m): 10:52pm On Apr 05, 2010
OMG!So he is geting better,the imans said he couldnt talk but he is sitting down,which means he is better
And now,he uttered "Amen" he actually talked.(check AP news for that).
And the iman said jonathan is playing with fire.If what these clrics(muslims and cristians)said are true  then  he will soon (like next month) be back into office and Jonathan will see fire.
They even said his health is not as people say it is
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by Flandon(m): 11:02pm On Apr 05, 2010
Re: Yaradua Meets With Christian Leaders. This is just a ploy by d political cartel dt has been trying to keep power within its reins in d political sphere of our nation. They are gearing towards d 2011 elections by trying to whip up dissent which will cause unstability in d Jonathan led government,thus establishing deir political bloc as d force to reckon with. If Yaradua is said to be finding it difficult to speak I wonder how he has been holding meetings with religious leaders. The credibility of d religious leaders is highly questionable.If he was to even hold meetings it would be to clear the air of secrecy with which his health condition had been handled. I believe that where this collage of treachery and manipulation is headed will soon unfold.
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by rebranded(m): 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2010
006:

Declare Umaru Yar'dua President of Northern Nigeria, and Goodluck Jonathan President of Southern Nigeria.
Case closed. lipsrsealed

The Norths will immediately remove him, but as far as its one Nigeria, hes fit to run it, crazy people
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by edoyad(m): 11:10pm On Apr 05, 2010
Nigerians and their love for God, if it's true that Oyedepo and Olayekan prayed with him, Jonathan sorry o, the woman has won the game. I can guarantee you these religious tax masters will lead the movement against you Jonathan.
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by bibiking1(m): 12:51am On Apr 06, 2010
Well, i heard the Jujumen and Voodoo Practitioners Association of Nigeria (JVPAN) are currently planning on embarking on a mass rally to denounce the marginalisation currently being suffered by them. While all other religious faith had some of their high ranking clerics invited to Aso Rock to view the much disputed 'corpse' of Monsieur Yar'Adua, no one has deemed it fit to involve them also.,,,,,
I think they are being maligned here!!!

aisha2:

Why wont they get pictures?
The sensitivity of the occasion does not call for merrymaking and picturetaking my dear! The Corpse of YarAdua has important things things to discuss to these 'Men of Religion' about wrongful events in the afterlife!
I don't suppose Lucifer's been behaving himself lately, and the Late YarAdua really is incensed!
No time for funky cameramen you can imagine!
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by DrKitaun(m): 2:48am On Apr 06, 2010
No wonder they said OYEDEPO is a fake pastor? Tunde Bakare go finish am dis time around?

Turai surely hates TB Joshua or what explains her maligning the 'no 1 prophet' of our generation. . .useless dolts!
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by DeepSoul(f): 9:52am On Apr 06, 2010
If Oyedepo really was part of the "delegation", then I'd be sorely disappointed. But for now, I'll give him the benefit of doubt that he wasn't because we haven't heard him speak.

What is wrong with some of these pastors sef? Couldn't they have declined the invitation?? What would have happened if they had? Thier "pastoring licenses" would have been revoked?

I'm disappointed.

Turai inviting pastors to come and pray for her husband in the name of Jesus, who they dont believe in. In the name of the same Jesus which makes their fellow kinsmen kill those who believe in Him. How ironic.
Re: Breaking News- Yaradua Met Christian Leaders On Monday by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 06, 2010
bibiking1:

Well, i heard the Jujumen and Voodoo Practitioners Association of Nigeria (JVPAN) are currently planning on embarking on a mass rally to denounce the marginalisation currently being suffered by them. While all other religious faith had some of their high ranking clerics invited to Aso Rock to view the much disputed 'corpse' of Monsieur Yar'Adua, no one has deemed it fit to involve them also.,,,,,
I think they are being maligned here!!!
The sensitivity of the occasion does not call for merrymaking and picturetaking my dear! The Corpse of YarAdua has important things things to discuss to these 'Men of Religion' about wrongful events in the afterlife!
I don't suppose Lucifer's been behaving himself lately, and the Late YarAdua really is incensed!
No time for funky cameramen you can imagine!
You made my day. Thanks, was having a rough day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Akpabio Receives National Honour For Development / Ig Orders Re-arrest Of Freed Boko Haram Suspects / Father Mbaka. I Am Ready To Refund Your Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.