Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? (10114 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? / So There Are Yorubas & Fulani's In NC But No Igbos In SS & NC? Really??? / Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Stingman: 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
Dindondin:
Ask why it happened that way

Nonsense...I don't need to ask,. It is obvious the FG are punishing other regions so that they can move to the region they perceive is safe. Why would' the FG give all-regions $1 billion to develop their infrastructure they needed best? Why would they give almost all to the SW and the north...This is the reason the Yorubas wants one Nigeria...only after the north...

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by knowledgeable: 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2017
Stingman:

This is an observation I have made over some time now.

Why are the Yorubas ready to take anything thrown at them, especially by the Igbos just so long as Nigeria remains?

They have the seaports, major international airports, major train system, best investment location...more educated and more industrious than any tribe in Africa...or so they claim...Yet they are ready to receive insults including letting others buy their lands, develop it, and even become their Obas and governors...All for One Nigeria.

Is there something they are not telling us? Why are they so desperate for one Nigeria...even when their leader Awo stated that Nigeria was never a nation. Why are they ready to give up their pride, culture, and tradition for one Nigeria?

You even went to far, let me add to your question,.
..with the all above stated facts, while would they even accept the kind of Nigeria we have today?. I will keep saying this, ..there are so much, that Igbos don't know about Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by yanshDoctor: 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2017
benin republic has the same resources like yoruba states. natural deep seaport and international airport, including natural minaral. why they are poor today is the same reason south west will be poor if Nigeria is dissolved.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Gotze1: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2017
leverage:

Shebi they claim Lagos is no mans land and they claim our oil is for everybody so why can't an igbo man be gov of Lagos state? No be say we even want sef
'They', who are the 'They'? grin. You mean the claim of you pained people of Africa all cos it is not in alaigbo grin. So what is wrong in Yoruba man becoming the governor of Anambra state? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Stingman: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2017
Alariiwo:

Fine!

All you need to do is start the campaign, in the right manner of course.
Sound it to Abaribe, Ekeremadu and other SE senators and rep members that you want out. It's that simple.

Let them throw it open on the floor of senate and house of reps and see if you won't get results.
Online rants won't solve anything.

You are childish!

You know very well that it has to pass through votes of the Yorubas and the northern members of the house.

SEDC bill was sent by the Abaribe, Ekeremadu and other SE senators and rep members. Why was it not passed?

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by tobillionaire(m): 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2017
Yorubas don't sell lands to igbos alone BT fr Hausas, Chinese, Lebanese, Europeans any tribe whatsoever so long u have d money. We are more hospitable Dan igbos, we re not tribalistic like dy are, we don't utter hate speech, we accommodate any religion (we don't criticise religion/faith) we take you for who you are... that's d reason y we keep progressing, ppl from d other side are just jealous of us cos thy can never b like us not even with their landlocked region.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Gotze1: 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2017
yanshDoctor:
benin republic has the same resources like yoruba states. natural deep seaport and international airport, including natural minaral. why they are poor today is the same reason south west will be poor if Nigeria is dissolved.
You really wish grin grin grin grin. Keep wishing jorrrrrrrrrr

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Alariiwo: 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2017
oooduancalmdown:

We are tired of this jargons. The IGR you guys boost of is not up to what a local government in New york makes.
Why are some Yoruba people against Nigeria disintegration? That was the question.

Thank God you said some not all. I for one care less whether the country splits or not.

All I've ever wanted are in SW (my region). So if it splits, I'll be happier cos I'll have more space and resources to myself.

Igbos of course will have no option than to sell off their properties and move home. Oduduwa republic will be strictly for Yorubas, Hausas will go to their Arewa while Igbos to their biafra.
No room for pokenosing in anyone's business again so why won't I be happy?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Stingman: 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2017
oooduancalmdown:

Are you kidding me? These are all what you can mention?
The seaport was built by the colonial government. Does SE and SS not have international airport? You even mentioned railway...you are funny!

Which airport...they one still under construction?

Whatis wrong with railway, is it not investment...

You are just joking you know the truth...

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Gotze1: 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2017
Dindondin:
Yorubas developed Benin Republic. Major towns there are occupied by Yorubas of Ajase, Popo & Sabe. These are Yoruba indigenes from Oduduwa.

As for Southwest and North are developing at the detriment of other regions, it's a fallacy. Share your points
Ask the mumu
Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by MrMaestro: 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2017
Take anything? Lol Yorubas have taken everything. We take all the foreign investment in Nigeria between Lagos and ogun. We take all of the tax from people coming from other regions. Our yoruba banks take all of your money when you come here. We turn your culture into yoruba as most of your children coming to our land learn to speak yoruba. They learn about our customs and traditions. We take all of your businesses and industries that could be used to improve your region but improves our own. We own the media. We own Nollywood. We own Nigerian music. We own EVERYTHING. So to answer your question, people can say whatever they like, but it doesn't change the fact that we have taken everything of significance in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Stingman: 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2017
tobillionaire:
Yorubas don't sell lands to igbos alone BT fr Hausas, Chinese, Lebanese, Europeans any tribe whatsoever so long u have d money. We are more hospitable Dan igbos, we re not tribalistic like dy are, we don't utter hate speech, we accommodate any religion (we don't criticise religion/faith) we take you for who you are... that's d reason y we keep progressing, ppl from d other side are just jealous of us cos thy can never b like us not even with their landlocked region.

Is that the answer you will die for one Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Gotze1: 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2017
leverage:

They means the afonjas and their slave masters and yoruba man cannot rule igbo land cos we have seen their underdeveloped states and do not want their 10kobo input
Lol, are you a comedian?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Alariiwo: 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2017
yanshDoctor:

The reason why SE will even be poorer if not poorest.

No natural seaports, no mineral resources, no functioning airports, no roads, no light, no jobs nothing.
Your lands are not even favorable for farming so I wonder how you lots will survive.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Stingman: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2017
Alariiwo:

Thank God you said some not all. I for one care less whether the country splits or not.

All I've ever wanted are in SW (my region). So if it splits, I'll be happier cos I'll have more space and resources to myself.

Igbos of course will have no option than to sell off their properties and move home. Oduduwa republic will be strictly for Yorubas, Hausas will go to their Arewa while Igbos to their biafra.
No room for pokenosing in anyone's business again so why won't I be happy?

Yes, you ought to be happy...but you are not...You need one Nigeria than anything...Why?

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Alariiwo: 2:20pm On Dec 27, 2017
MrMaestro:
Take anything? Lol Yorubas have taken everything. We take all the foreign investment in Nigeria between Lagos and ogun. We take all of the tax from people coming from other regions. Our yoruba banks take all of your money when you come here. We turn your culture into yoruba as most of your children coming to our land learn to speak yoruba. They learn about our customs and traditions. We take all of your businesses and industries that could be used to improve your region but improves our own. We own the media. We own Nollywood. We own Nigerian music. We own EVERYTHING. So to answer your question, people can say whatever they like, but it doesn't change the fact that we have taken everything of significance in Nigeria.

grin cheesy

You'll give fla.tties heart attack this festive period.
They know nothing and can't see beyond their nose.

It's what Yorubas throw at them they always take.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Stingman: 2:20pm On Dec 27, 2017
Alariiwo:

The reason why SE will even be poorer if not poorest.

No natural seaports, no mineral resources, no functioning airports, no roads, no light, no jobs nothing.
Your lands are not even favorable for farming so I wonder how you lots will survive.

Leave that to them. They want out despite all these...but you would not hear of it....why.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by tobillionaire(m): 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2017
Stingman:

Is that the answer you will die for one Nigeria?
so wat exactly do u want us to do, to align with ur futile campaign for one useless Biafra republic DAT can never be actualized sorry, we've got no time for that... kip fighting, ranting and wailing d lord is ur muscle

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by yanshDoctor: 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2017
oooduancalmdown:

How is the south west developing at the detriment of other regions?

forex generation is crucial and critical for any country to be stable. currently the our country is living on forex 95% from south south.

if this forex is taking away. the yorubas region will collapse. obasenjo and tinubu knows better that why they will die for one nigeria.

and the europe is using one Nigeria to their advantages.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Alariiwo: 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2017
oooduancalmdown:

Dummy! I am Yoruba. You have been telling us you will leave when you are ready. The question is when will you be ready? Your first comment already shows that you don't support Nigeria disintegration so shut da fucck up!
As far as I am on Nairaland, I will continue to put dumb Yoruba like you in your place.
Fuccking eddiot

You're not Yoruba.. Stop denying your ancestry to score cheap points online.

If you insist, post your birth cert. or ID card for the world to see. We ain't fools.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Stingman: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2017
MrMaestro:

Is this an answer why you need one Nigeria? You are just beating about the bush...

Even if you own the earth, bla, bla, bla...

Nobody has given any tangible reason yet...

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Gotze1: 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2017
new2020:
The Truth will shock you. Afonjas honestly don't like One Nigeria but at the same time they against Igbo leaving. The biggest reason they support One Nigeria is fear and envy that Igbo will be successful if they are left to be alone. They will rather suffer under One Nigeria than to see any good come out of Biafraa. Igbo leaving will expose them in the eyes of the world as a monumental fraud because they have used propaganda for decades to pad themselves. As one Nairalander said...Afonjas are worst than Alamajiris. Wicked things...naturally wicked!

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Dindondin(m): 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2017
Pls attack the northerners too o.
If not that your head has been reconfigured wrongly, you ll know that Yorubas ain't your enemies but friends. Call them back bitters, it's a compliment.
Has Yorubas ever cried that Igbos, Hausa Fulanis or any region are their problem?
We handle our matters in a civil way. We don't go haywire like Nnamdi Kanu or Boko Haram or any savage way.
We v elders, the elders talked in defense.
But what of SS and SE, they v Ekweremadu, Wike, GEJ, Amaechi n Co. All you scream is Yoruba this, Yoruba that!
Why are you so bittered? Can't you seek a friendly alliance with Yorubas?

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Gotze1: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
leverage:

Na u sabi I don speak my mind
Na question I asked na grin
Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Stingman: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
tobillionaire:
so wat exactly do u want us to do, to align with ur futile campaign for one useless Biafra republic DAT can never be actualized sorry, we've got no time for that... kip fighting, ranting and wailing d lord is ur muscle

I take it you have no answer why you want one Nigeria...

That's the main focus of this thread...

Next...person...

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Diademk07: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
leverage:

Shebi they claim Lagos is no mans land and they claim our oil is for everybody so why can't an igbo man be gov of Lagos state? No be say we even want sef

Our oil yet Ondo state has more oil than the whole of SE? Parasitic land grabbing attache! Stop attaching to SS in your stupidity. Nor be by force.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Dindondin(m): 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2017
oooduancalmdown:

Dummy! I am Yoruba. You have been telling us you will leave when you are ready. The question is when will you be ready? Your first comment already shows that you don't support Nigeria disintegration so shut da fucck up!
As far as I am on Nairaland, I will continue to put dumb Yoruba like you in your place.
Fuccking eddiot
you v rabbis infection
Re: Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? by Gotze1: 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
Dindondin:
Pls attack the northerners too o.
If not that your head has been reconfigured wrongly, you ll know that Yorubas ain't your enemies but friends. Call them back bitters, it's a compliment.
Has Yorubas ever cried that Igbos, Hausa Fulanis or any region are their problem?
We handle our matters in a civil way. We don't go haywire like Nnamdi Kanu or Boko Haram or any savage way.
We v elders, the elders talked in defense.
But what of SS and SE, they v Ekweremadu, Wike, GEJ, Amaechi n Co. All you scream is Yoruba this, Yoruba that!
Why are you so bittered? Can't you seek a friendly alliance with Yorubas?
Bros, Abeg let them keep hating us and blaming us for their misfortunes, while we keep roar like king of the jungle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dipo Anisulowo Debunks Rumour Of His Resignation As Fayose's Chief Of Staff / Tinubu: I Will Revive Ajaokuta, Dredge River Niger / Lagos Generates N2.433trn In Eight Years, Spends N2.7trn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.