Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? (9863 Views)

Ohanaeze Youth To North: God Uses Insurgency To Punish You For Sins Against Igbo / Ekweremadu: Nnamdi Kanu Collected Bribe Against Igbo Presidency – Adeyanju / 2023: Forces Against Igbo Presidency At Work – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Joephat(m): 9:05am On May 26, 2017
In Nigerian current political dispensation, its obvious that we have one Single Tribe at the helm of affairs, which is the Fulani.

The two dominant ethnic groups, That's the Yorubas and igbos are been treated like trash but my biggest confussion is that Yorubas are more comfortable leaving in such bondage than any other Tribe and always pained whenever the igbos start their agitations for self reliance..

What's your take on this?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by LordCrimson(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2017
No way I'm getting involved in this,I'd rather sit here and watch gleefully as the missiles fly

3 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 9:09am On May 26, 2017
unity beggars

1 Like

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 9:10am On May 26, 2017
Who are the Yorubas against the secession of those from land of the rising potopoto. Tell us their names
You people love deceiving yourselves with rubbish. As if Yorubas are the ones leaving their lands to come to your barren, potopoto land. Yorubas are against you having your country yet chisco buses filled with flattie immigrants keep trooping in daily. Fight your secession battle yourselves without dragging Yorubas into it. Nonsense

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by forreelinc(m): 9:11am On May 26, 2017
Ugh! Oya make una come dey go I don open gate hurry up hurry up I don vex angry

1 Like

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 9:13am On May 26, 2017
I think this is gonna be fun
Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 9:16am On May 26, 2017
The reason will shock, yoruba are scared or better put envious that Igbos will be extremely successful if they had their country since the marginalization in place will be dismantled particularly the non usage of Port Harcourt, Calabar, Onne, Warri and Onitsha ports.

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Jabioro: 9:17am On May 26, 2017
You're one of e-miscreants I do talked about, haven't you read a lot about Afenifere reaction to Acting President this morning..

1 Like

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 9:17am On May 26, 2017
Its palpable why the Yorubas are against Nigeria breakup, the fear of gross enslavement by fulani and outright humiliation which the other ethnic nationalities will resist: eventual and feasible envy of igbos. Yorubas by genealogy are naturally coward, fearful and less adventous. A yoruba man of 70years will never travel out of his enclave to get himself educated, live all his life in ogbomosho and use that as a macrocosm of Nigeria

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by shikshark: 9:19am On May 26, 2017
Weti concern agbero with overload
Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by myright: 9:21am On May 26, 2017
The same reason they didn't lead any uprising in the slave camps during the slave trade era... You read about Equano who challenged his master in Britain. You read about Bussa in Haiti(The Bussa Revolution). You also read about the bravery of our people when they decided to drown themselves in USA than serve the white man. You read about how the British hated us because to them, we are "stubborn".

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Joephat(m): 9:21am On May 26, 2017
comradejudism:
Its palpable why the Yorubas are against Nigeria breakup, the fear of gross enslavement by fulani and outright humiliation which the others ethnic nationalities will resist

It's obvious that when the igbos are granted freedom. They will have their own right for self reliance. It's painful even after their own man was made a Cordinator instead of an acting president.

Maybe because they're lazy and afraid of what will be their fate

21 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by BlackTechnology: 9:24am On May 26, 2017
Joephat:
In Nigerian current political dispensation, its obvious that we have one Single Tribe at the helm of affairs, which is the Fulani.

The two dominant ethnic groups, That's the Yorubas and igbos are been treated like trash but my biggest confussion is that Yorubas are more comfortable leaving in such bondage than any other Tribe and always pained whenever the igbos start their agitations for self reliance..

The rise of Biafra will see Yoruba land compete with Togo and Benin republics in terms of development

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by BlackTechnology: 9:25am On May 26, 2017
MaaziNnamidiot:
Who are the Yorubas against the secession of those from land of the rising potopoto. Tell us their names

You people love deceiving yourselves with rubbish. As if Yorubas are the ones leaving their lands to come to your Potopoto land. Yorubas are against you having your country yet chisco buses filled with flattie immigrants keep trooping in daily

And fight your secession battle yourselves without dragging Yorubas into it. Nonsense

Osinbanjo who talked of a second civil war and OBJ the unity beggar

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 9:27am On May 26, 2017
Joephat:

The problem with most of you shortsighted individuals who don't see beyond tribalism is poor values instilled in your upbringing. You need to look beyond tribalism and see things in different light.
This message is to all and sundry involved in the muddy waters of tribalism regardless of tribal afflictions.

8 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 9:29am On May 26, 2017
BlackTechnology:

Osinbanjo who talked of a second civil war and OBJ the unity beggar

So you expect osinbajo a sitting VP to tell you he supports the breakup of Nigeria? It's very obvious brain is scarce in potopoto republic

26 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by BlackTechnology: 9:30am On May 26, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
The problem with most of you shortsighted individuals who don't see beyond tribalism is poor values instilled in your upbringing. You need to look beyond tribalism and see things in different light.
This message is to all and sundry involved in the muddy waters of tribalism regardless of tribal afflictions.

Did you fail jamb several times
in your days

The simple question is

Why are yorubas the major people in the anti Biafra movement

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Joephat(m): 9:31am On May 26, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:

Bro. I am not involved in tribalism, my gf who I cherish very well is from a humble Yoruba home.

She is a Yoruba and I love Yoruba ppl and I am a big fan of ewedu and amala

6 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by LordCrimson(m): 9:31am On May 26, 2017
wink cheesy
Jacksparr0w1207:
I think this is gonna be fun
grin Real fun bro
Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by BlackTechnology: 9:32am On May 26, 2017
MaaziNnamidiot:

So you expect osinbajo a sitting VP to tell you he supports the breakup of Nigeria?

Its very obvious brain is scarce in potopoto republic

It is unfortunate you aren't educated enough to know about Yeltsin a Russian President who ended the forceful Soviet Union

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by kingzizzy: 9:35am On May 26, 2017
The fear of what the Hausa-Fulani Emirate of Sokoto will do to them should Igbos secede fightens them.

I have no doubt in my mind that within 5 years of Igbos seceding, the Alafin of Oyo, the Ooni of Ife and the Oba of Lagos will become Emirs

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 9:37am On May 26, 2017
LordCrimson:
wink cheesy grin Real fun bro
They are here already, it's started lol
Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 9:37am On May 26, 2017
Joephat:

Bro. I am not involved in tribalism, my gf who I cherish very well is from a humble Yoruba home.

She is a Yoruba and I love Yoruba ppl and I am a big fan of ewedu and amala

Oh sharaaap with these overused "my gf is Yoruba" "my friends are Yoruba" lines. We've heard it before. That you have Yoruba friends or a yoruba girlfriend doesn't mean you can't be a tribalist. So don't sell that nonsense here
Lol. who cares if you like ewedu and amala. When did liking ewedu and amala translate to liking Yoruba people. grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by LordCrimson(m): 9:40am On May 26, 2017
grin grin
kingzizzy:
The fear of what the Hausa-Fulani Emirate of Sokoto will do to them should Igbos secede fightens them.

I have no doubt in my mind that within 5 years of Igbos seceding, the Alafin of Oyo, the Ooni of Ife and the Oba of Lagos will become Emirs
grin
Modified: Please o,this is just an innocent laugh o,I don't wanna get involved in this 'Runs back into IDP camp'
Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 9:46am On May 26, 2017
Joephat:

Fish brain!

How is Yoruba against you and your family and clansmen from relocating from Yorubaland?

Please on behalf of all Yorubas, both living and dead, we beg you for the sake of God, that all Igbos, Easterners or Biafrans or whatever you call yourselves to leave Yorubaland and relocate to wherever...

We Hope you'll heed our request.

22 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Omofunaab2: 9:48am On May 26, 2017
You guys should quit flattering yourselves..
We have told you many times here that if you want to go, you should leave. .you guys are parasites.. You contribute little to this federation..

Ogun State is the mining capital of the country
Ogun State is the industrial and manufacturing capital of the country
Lagos state is the economic hub of the country.
Ondo produces more oil than both abia and imo combined, Now Lagos has joined the league of oil producing states.

It's not as if we rely on the igbos for food, Infact south east relies on oyo state for poultry food.

We have ofada rice in ogun, igbimo rice in ekiti, lake rice in Lagos.

We have our seaports, we control real estate business in Nigeria.

It's only a foolish Yoruba that will not want to say bye bye to parasites

BlackTechnology:

in your days

The simple question is

If we should conduct a survey here on nairaland to ascertain the percentage of yorubas on this forum that wants you to secede, I'm telling you 98% will vote for you to secede.

You guys still don't get it, we see you as parasites here..

Tell me one single thing we are benefiting from you guys? Just one

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Joephat(m): 9:48am On May 26, 2017
MaaziNnamidiot:

Oh sharaaap with these overused "my gf is Yoruba" "my friends are Yoruba" lines We've heard it before. That you have Yoruba friends or a yoruba girlfriend doesn't mean you can't be a tribalist. So don't sell that nonsense here

Lol. who cares if you like ewedu and amala. When did liking ewedu and amala translate to liking Yoruba people. grin

If I am a tribalist, I won't have anything to do with the ppl I despise so much.
Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 9:54am On May 26, 2017
kingzizzy:

Who did this to you bro?

Questions every right thinking igbo should ask themselves:

1. Why do I hate the Yorubas so much yet live in their midst?

2. Why can't I stay in my region and make it there, why must I come to Yorubaland?

3. Why is it that whenever we hear the word Yoruba we develop high blood pressure, yet we load ourselves into luxurious buses and relocate our families everyday to Yorubaland to fend for ourselves and scrape a living?

4. Why can't I pack my families back to the east instead coming to Nairaland and beating my chest and wailing uncontrollably about being marginalized?

5. Am I chained to Yorubaland? If not, why can't I just leave?

6. Why do I feel inferior anytime I hear about the Yoruba people?

7. Why do I hate the Yorubas so much?

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 9:57am On May 26, 2017
Joephat:

If I am a tribalist, I won't have anything to do with the ppl I despise so much.

Story. The most hardcore tribalists on this forum have friends from other tribes

10 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 9:58am On May 26, 2017
BlackTechnology:

in your days

The simple question is

Oh they are? Proof or you are a fvcking ediot. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 10:01am On May 26, 2017
comradejudism:
Its palpable why the Yorubas are against Nigeria breakup, the fear of gross enslavement by fulani and outright humiliation which the others ethnic nationalities will resist

Mumu. Did you pack your stinky load from Osogbo But was stopped at Ore?

14 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by conductor11: 10:05am On May 26, 2017
@OP, the yo.roba are afraid. Frightfulness, fear and treachery is the watchword of their forefathers. That's how Afonja lost Illorin to the Fulani.
MaaziNnamidiot:

You people love deceiving yourselves with rubbish. As if Yorubas are the ones leaving their lands to come to your Potopoto land. Yorubas are against you having your country yet chisco buses filled with flattie immigrants keep trooping in daily

And fight your secession battle yourselves without dragging Yorubas into it. Nonsense

We are asking uncircumcised Yoruba moozlems like you and your ancestor Olusegun Obasanjo to face his accusations of sleeping with his son's wife and stop sheepishly begging us for unity.

Let’s beg Biafrain agitators – Obasanjo ON MAY 25, 20174:51 PMIN NEWSCOMMENTS Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has called for dialogue with Biafran agitators. Obasanjo speaking in Abuja on Thursday at “Biafra, 50 years After” Event forum at the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Centre said We should beg those agitating for Biafra that there is enough cake to share and that Nigerians must treat the country with care.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/lets-beg-biafrain-agitators-obasanjo/

Osibande the acting codinator is now acting like the conductor he is. Remind him of how Awolowo choked on a bottle of N20 ratak in 1987.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibadan Is Getting Hot Right Now... Be Safe!! / Aisha Yesufu To EndSARS Protesters: Your Lives Are No Better Than Igbos, Shiites / Owo Attack: South-West Governors Declare 3-Day Mourning Period In Their States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.