Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,336 members, 7,860,827 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:58 PM

Should We Love Our Enemies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Love Our Enemies? (335 Views)

Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should We Love Our Enemies? by christainslove: 11:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Matthew 5:44 -But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

The Bible says we should love our enemies and pray for them who hurt us. This is good.

God has forgiven all our sins. He has forgiven us sinners who were his enemies and reconciled us to himself through Christ. If God has saved us from so great a death (that not one of us can ever bear) why can’t we forgive others?

Forgive or else God won’t forgive you. Not matter what pain the enemy put you through forgive and pray for him-I believe God means we should pray good prayers for them like for them to repent and make heaven and not bad prayers for God to punish them.

God loves our enemies so let’s pray good prayers for them.Look at what Stephan prayed when he was being killed. Acts 7 -59And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. 60And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Do you know what God wants? He wants us to help our enemies. If we see our enemy in any trouble and we can help, we should help them.Your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat,your enemy is thirsty,give him water to drink.

Satan tempts you to hate your enemies-We resist with-It is written-Love your enemies.
Re: Should We Love Our Enemies? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2017
ftc wetin kncern me
Re: Should We Love Our Enemies? by thesicilian: 12:06pm On Dec 29, 2017
We should, because the Bible says so. And considering the fact that we are often our own worst enemies, we really have no choice than to love.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Debate About Jesus? / Why God Uses Your Experience To Promote You(2018 Message) / Was The Holy Qoran Created Like The Holy Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.