Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Why The Tribal And Religious Sentiments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Tribal And Religious Sentiments (353 Views)

'1966' Igbo Coup Was Based On Religious Sentiments. / CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... / Buhari accused Of Genocide, Tribalism And Religious Sentiments by France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Tribal And Religious Sentiments by Samuel049(m): 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2017
Gooday ladies and gentlemen, actually this is my first post on the forum. I work around oshodi, and while coming back from work last week Tuesday, i decided to see a friend of mine who live around ikeja. I was hearing some noise as people gathered in front of someone's shop, i went there and saw a woman lying down, one would notice that she has just been heavily beaten, i asked what happened and was told that the lady was involved in an argument with a yoruba Muslim woman, and the argument went harsh then the lady out of annoyance removed the hijab and veil of the Muslim woman, this got Muslims around angry and they took action by giving her a whole lot of beating. I later got to know that the lady was an igbo woman. I accept the fact that she was wrong, but why would she be beaten to an extent that she can't even stand up again, the annoying thing is that the christains around did not even try to defend her, there where some police around and they did nothing about the beating, if she was a yoruba christain, would they beat her like that. Is it because she is igbo and it is a yoruba state, or is it because the state has more Muslims than christain. Why all the insults and embarrassment, it is because the people in power are Muslims, this thing than happen can only happen in the north and south west, because they are Muslims majority states except ekiti and ondo, but as for lagos,ogun,osun,oyo, and kwara they have more of their indigin to be Muslims than christains. Please nigerians lets stop the oppression, we should please do away from religious and tribal sentiments.
Another incident also happened in my area at agege, on a Sunday afternoon after church service, some of my catholic church members went on evangelism and they were beaten to our suprise. The people they wanted to preach to were muslims and those ones said that they do listen to christains sermons, my church members where trying to calm them down and talk to them, before they knew it they were already receiving hot slaps. Why the oppression, is it because it is your state that is why you feel you are above any other person that is non-yoruba. It is were yoruba christains that were trying to talk to them will they have started slapping them, the most annoying thing is that nobody could ask why they were been beaten, even the christains in the area did not confront them. These kind of things will never happen in the ss or se , can't people go on evangelism again.
Igbos and christains in this country, we need to speak up before thing get worst, Nigeria is a secular state for God sake. I went for a public programme in ikeja and the opening and closing prayers were done in Islamic ways and in arabic, i wonder why all these even when the governor is a christain, or is that ahmed tinubu and raji fashola are putting pressure on him. I am not from lagos state but i think lagos is a secular state not an Islamic state, even though majority are Muslims.
Please nigerians lets do thing the right way, lets abstain front religious and tribal sentiments. Lets not discomfort those leaving in our environment because they are not of our tribe. Thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

Reno The Analyst!! / Green Energy Gets Nod To Establish LPG Extraction Plant In Niger Delta / PDP National Chairman Prince Uche Secondus Congratulate George Weah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.