Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World (1351 Views)

Dino Melaye Asks Festus Keyamo To Recite Second Stanza Of The National Anthem / Singing Of National Anthem In Yoruba, Here Is The Yoruba Version. / Sing National Anthem In Yoruba Daily, Gov. Ambode Tells Lagos Principals, Teache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World by jbbalarabe(m): 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2017
YOUR VIEWS: South Africa's national anthem Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika (God Bless Africa) has been voted as the best anthem in the world by The Economist. The magazine praised the rousing tune, the added bit of pathos to dampen the eye and the inexplicable something that makes it stand out from the rest. Russia came out in second place with their tune adapted from the old Soviet anthem. But what do you think makes your national anthem special? We want to hear from you. What's your country's national anthem and can you sing it? We'd love to hear a few verses. Posted by The BBC https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156174447005229&substory_index=0&id=285361880228

Re: The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2017
Give me the link.
I doubt it was written by one of the black xenophobic goats
Re: The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World by erifeoluwasimi(f): 2:33am On Dec 30, 2017
na lie
Re: The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World by Justiceleague1: 2:45am On Dec 30, 2017
Coneheads will soon stage protest..as far as they are kwonsigned,their master's one naijiriya nasana anthem izza namba one in zha world grin

6 Likes

Re: The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World by Desyner: 3:10am On Dec 30, 2017
What did our kpalongo anthem rate?
Re: The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World by SpComedy: 3:15am On Dec 30, 2017
The girls of this generation are actually learning so fast, they seem to learn things faster than previous generation.
the question has always been, are they learning the right or the wrong things...

Watch This video #compilation of girls twerking in their various schools and draw your conclusion.

N:B. You may see your relative there. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGuCEE4m6kk

5 Likes

Re: The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World by SPOPOVICH: 5:41am On Dec 30, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Give me the link. I doubt it was written by one of the black xenophobic goats
Was written by a nigerian....
Re: The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World by DjAndroid: 7:12am On Dec 30, 2017
South African National Anthem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhUMsqei7kM

1 Like

Re: The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World by sinkhole: 8:02am On Dec 30, 2017
I think that anthem should be adopted as the African anthem wink wink
The modifications to be made are these:
1. Where we have "nation" should be replaced with "nations" or "continent"
2. "South Africa" should be replaced with "Africa"
3. The English part of the anthem should be removed.

1 Like

Re: The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World by demolinka(m): 8:11am On Dec 30, 2017
That SA anthem na fire...Especially when it's done accapella (shout out Black Mambazo).

Naija anthem sef no carry last
Re: The South Africa National Anthem Voted The Best National Anthem In The World by aregal: 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Give me the link.
I doubt it was written by one of the black xenophobic goats

The South African national anthem was written by a black African, Enoch Sontonga, more than a 100 years ago - 1897 to be precise.

(1) (Reply)

BLACK MONDAY: Gas Explosion At Ajara Vetho, Badagry[contains Graphic Photos] / *Oshiomhole Salutes Obaseki’s Accomplishments, Commissions 75 New Intra-city Bus / Pastor Adeboye Betrayed Christians In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.