Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC (8918 Views)

Nigerians Won’t Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Again With Buhari — PDP / Buhari’s Body Double Suspicion That Won’t Go Away - The Guardian / Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by AlphaStyles(m): 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2017
no be today una dy lie for us na
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by pol23: 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2017
Mutuwa:
shocked

We bought N210 yesterday at Zaria.
Oh...
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Bollinger(m): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2017
9jakohai:
Then NNPC....get the President to DEREGULATE the downstream sector.

That's right....DEREGULATE......

Saves money, brings in more investment, makes the industry more profitable....PROVIDES MORE JOBS.

Stop this subsidy and price control story.....DEREGULATE!

Deregulation in 1993, in 2006, 2012, 2016, and today.

The problem with your argument is, Nigeria is an oil producing country. There is no freaking way Nigerians should paying as much as a country that does not have oil. It makes no sense. It is akin to a farmer who has thousands of tubers of yam and decides to go to the market to go buy the same yam he has. Does that make sense to you. That being said, the reason all facets of like life in Nigeria has stalled is because of how corrupt it's people are. Deregulate all you want but if that doesn't change more woes will definitely befall the country. Even the the US subsidises gas prices how much more Nigerians that actually needs it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2017
So perform the magic
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2017
smiley
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
Bollinger:

The problem with your argument is, Nigeria is an oil producing country. There is no freaking way Nigerians should paying as much as a country that does not have oil. It makes no sense. It is akin to a farmer who has thousands of tubers of yam and decides to go to the market to go buy the same yam he has. Does that make sense to you. That being said, the reason all facets of like life in Nigeria has stalled is because of how corrupt it's people are. Deregulate all you want but if that doesn't change more woes will definitely befall the country. Even the the US subsidises gas prices how much more Nigerians that actually needs it.

And in response...here is a cold fact...

We need oil at $139 per barrel to run a balanced budget.

Nigeria is worst off, needing an oil price of $139 a barrel to balance its budget, Fitch said in a April 5 report on 14 major oil exporting nations in the Middle East, Africa and emerging Europe. Even after cuts in government subsidies and currency devaluations, 11 of them won’t have balanced government budgets this year, including Saudi Arabia, it said.

“Fiscal reforms and exchange rate adjustments are generally supporting improved fiscal positions compared to 2015, but have not prevented erosion of sovereign creditworthiness,” Fitch said.

Only Kuwait, Qatar and the Republic of Congo have estimated break-evens that are below Fitch’s oil price forecast for this year. Kuwait at $45 a barrel traditionally has a low break-even because of its high per-capita hydrocarbon production and more recently its “large estimated investment income” from its sovereign wealth fund, Fitch said.

Brent crude, a global benchmark, has averaged about $55 a barrel this year.

The rating agency said it “substantially” raised the fiscal break-even prices for Nigeria, Angola and Gabon from 2015 levels because of rising government spending.

Fitch’s forecast 2017 break-even oil prices, per barrel:
Nigeria at $139
Bahrain at $84
Angola at $82
Oman at $75
Saudi Arabia at $74
Russia at $72
Kazakhstan at $71
Gabon at $66
Azerbaijan at $66
Iraq at $61
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, at $60
Republic of Congo at $52
Qatar at $51
Kuwait at $45

Sauce

Either we take another fat loan to subsidize fuel.....or we wake up and realize that we are a poor nation whose case is made worse by corruption.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Bollinger(m): 1:59pm On Dec 30, 2017
9jakohai:

And in response...here is a cold fact...

We need oil at $139 per barrel to run a balanced budget.

Sauce

Either we take another fat loan to subsidize fuel.....or we wake up and realize that we are a poor nation whose case is made worse by corruption.

Here are the real facts. No nation, absolutely none can live, survive or grow at the level of corruption like what exists in Nigeria. Nigerians don't fully understand the depths of how much it has destroyed and continue to destroy the country. It's not just material but psychological as well. There can never be worthwhile policies emanating from these levels of corruption. No matter how good intentioned they may be.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by pat077: 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2017
I guess they are talking about the new year 2019
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2017
apankay:
The new Year wey we Don enter already? Abi which one
2 days ta go counting this day
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2017
Bollinger:

Here are the real facts. No nation, absolutely none can live, survive or grow at the level of corruption like what exists in Nigeria. Nigerians don't fully understand the depths of how much it has destroyed and continue to destroy the country. It's not just material but psychological as well. There can never be worthwhile policies emanating from these levels of corruption. No matter how good intentioned they may be.

Which is why we should fight corruption....but some Nigerians see tribe and religion and put roadblocks to the process.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Bollinger(m): 2:07pm On Dec 30, 2017
9jakohai:

Which is why we should fight corruption....but some Nigerians see tribe and religion and put roadblocks to the process.

Now we are on the same page. Anything else will be like fetching water with a basket.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by joenor(m): 2:11pm On Dec 30, 2017
Abeg eeee NNPC make una stop to dey deceive Nigerian, nor be lagos ppl dey use generator dey queue for fuel, so how possible? over here in Warri, we still buy fuel for 240.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by coputa(m): 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2017
Nigerians bought many cars this year,hence fuel is not enough.
22 ships laden with fuel are waiting to berth at the wharf.
40 million litres of fuel is distributed to all nook and cranies of the country daily.
Nigeria will not enter the 2018 with fuel scarcity.
NNPC,Shameless cretins
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by jericco1(m): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2017
after all these balderdash, they'll still increase the price of fuel.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by uvalued(m): 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2017
Nigeria

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2017
President Buhari, NNPC and APC political conspiracies against Nigerians is an act of terrorism.

When Muslims have their own celebration Nigeria government and petroleum industries officials will not create scarcity and high cost of commodities.

Nigeria has expired.

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Maximus85(m): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2017
metroblogger:
The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Maikanti Baru, has vowed that Nigerians will not go into 2018 with the scarcity of petroleum products.

Baru, who disclosed this to State House correspondents in Abuja on Friday, reiterated NNPC’s position to ensure the pump price of fuel was maintained at the current official price of N145 per litre.

According to him, any marketer found hoarding fuel or selling above the official price will be punished.

“I’m happy to report that we have tamed the monster that reared it’s head as a result of the rumoured price increase about three weeks ago.

“Fortunately that rumour instigated a lot of marketers to be very greedy and they decided that their fellow citizens should not enjoy the Christmas holiday and New Year with ease and decided to profiteer starting by hoarding and diversion of products.

“At the beginning I did address the press, telling the world that we have sufficient products that will last us 30 days through the New Year into January but because the marketers wanted to inflict harm and pains on fellow citizens, they decided to hoard products, divert them and in some cases even smuggled products out of the country.

“This has been tamed by the actions we took and I personally led the war around Abuja and other teams led the war in Lagos and other parts of the country,’’ he said.

The GMD, according to NAN, noted that already the queues in the filling stations in Abuja had started disappearing, saying that normalcy would soon be restored in the distribution of the product.

He said: “As of this morning, I have gone round the Abuja metropolis and I have seen that the queues have reduced significantly to almost normal level and few motorists that I heard speaking on morning programmed concerning what I have seen said they have not spent up to 30 minutes to fuel their cars.

“So the monster has been tamed in Lagos, the situation has been brought into normalcy as far as two days ago and we are also aching the same thing in all other cities.

“I promise that we have sufficient products that will last us for the next 30 days and we keep bringing in 50 per cent over and above our normal consumption into the country.

“And vessels have been lined up, at the moment I have eight vessels discharging products at various ports around the country.

“So Nigerians should enjoy the New Year and that Mr. President’s directive and guidance which has been very helpful has been executed and normalcy has returned.’’

He advised those marketers that had hidden the products in odd locations to better bring them out and sell to the public at N145 per litre, saying “if NNPC sold it to you at N133.28, you have sufficient margin within that ambit to be able to supply and sell to the public at maximum N145 per litre.’’

According to him, the NNPC filling stations are selling the product at N143 per litre.

He warned that any marketer caught selling above the official price of N145 per litre would be sanctioned appropriately by the regulator, DPR and PPPRA with the support of law enforcement agencies.

He said the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), would make sure that the products were confiscated and given free to the public.

“This is the directive that we are working on by Mr. President and is being executed to the later. Bring them out and sell these products, we don’t have any shortage and we are making massive loadings.

“Normally we should be able to have 850 trucks to satisfy the National consumption but as at yesterday (Dec. 28) we loaded 1,750 trucks to go around the country.

“So we will continue massive load out until we reach the former position whereby all the stations will have products and truck siding,’’ he added.

http://www.metronaija.ng/nigerians-wont-go-new-year-petrol-scarcity-nnpc/

Tell us the truth. Even if it's not scarce, how much will it be? Cos I still bought N200/litre last night.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by precious1967(m): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2017
how many days left to new year? oponu people.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Tecno66: 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2017
What do we believe? Last week, they told us it will be over by week end and here we are!
metroblogger:
The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Maikanti Baru, has vowed that Nigerians will not go into 2018 with the scarcity of petroleum products.

Baru, who disclosed this to State House correspondents in Abuja on Friday, reiterated NNPC’s position to ensure the pump price of fuel was maintained at the current official price of N145 per litre.

According to him, any marketer found hoarding fuel or selling above the official price will be punished.

“I’m happy to report that we have tamed the monster that reared it’s head as a result of the rumoured price increase about three weeks ago.

“Fortunately that rumour instigated a lot of marketers to be very greedy and they decided that their fellow citizens should not enjoy the Christmas holiday and New Year with ease and decided to profiteer starting by hoarding and diversion of products.

“At the beginning I did address the press, telling the world that we have sufficient products that will last us 30 days through the New Year into January but because the marketers wanted to inflict harm and pains on fellow citizens, they decided to hoard products, divert them and in some cases even smuggled products out of the country.

“This has been tamed by the actions we took and I personally led the war around Abuja and other teams led the war in Lagos and other parts of the country,’’ he said.

The GMD, according to NAN, noted that already the queues in the filling stations in Abuja had started disappearing, saying that normalcy would soon be restored in the distribution of the product.

He said: “As of this morning, I have gone round the Abuja metropolis and I have seen that the queues have reduced significantly to almost normal level and few motorists that I heard speaking on morning programmed concerning what I have seen said they have not spent up to 30 minutes to fuel their cars.

“So the monster has been tamed in Lagos, the situation has been brought into normalcy as far as two days ago and we are also aching the same thing in all other cities.

“I promise that we have sufficient products that will last us for the next 30 days and we keep bringing in 50 per cent over and above our normal consumption into the country.

“And vessels have been lined up, at the moment I have eight vessels discharging products at various ports around the country.

“So Nigerians should enjoy the New Year and that Mr. President’s directive and guidance which has been very helpful has been executed and normalcy has returned.’’

He advised those marketers that had hidden the products in odd locations to better bring them out and sell to the public at N145 per litre, saying “if NNPC sold it to you at N133.28, you have sufficient margin within that ambit to be able to supply and sell to the public at maximum N145 per litre.’’

According to him, the NNPC filling stations are selling the product at N143 per litre.

He warned that any marketer caught selling above the official price of N145 per litre would be sanctioned appropriately by the regulator, DPR and PPPRA with the support of law enforcement agencies.

He said the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), would make sure that the products were confiscated and given free to the public.

“This is the directive that we are working on by Mr. President and is being executed to the later. Bring them out and sell these products, we don’t have any shortage and we are making massive loadings.

“Normally we should be able to have 850 trucks to satisfy the National consumption but as at yesterday (Dec. 28) we loaded 1,750 trucks to go around the country.

“So we will continue massive load out until we reach the former position whereby all the stations will have products and truck siding,’’ he added.

http://www.metronaija.ng/nigerians-wont-go-new-year-petrol-scarcity-nnpc/

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by BagWay: 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2017
abegi
whats todays date
20th of november abi.
fools

after tmrw forget it.
today sef i see enuf que for gas station
talk less of tmrw
oh pla dnt remind me of xmas day
where i woke up 6am
only to be 65cars away from d fuckin pump

watch how haters stare at me while im rolling crusing town in ma fully tinted a/c suv all up in fuel scarcity shiit
im switching lanes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by jonnyjustcome22: 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2017
U don't even know ur job. People are still qeuing for fuel in Ilorin. Look for a better excuses and stop all these lies.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by msylva2147(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2017
Oye0404:
Basketmouth don open mouth again oooooo *in fela's voice*
Do dis people think Nigerians are dullards nd dat gullible?
and who do you think is responsible for this fuel problems? 1. there has never been fuel scarcity rather the same fuel they were all having in their stock is the same products they wickedly increased the pump price just to wicked people but you guys are here busy blaming the government. I have seen so many filling stations that since this fuel issues started have not received a single tanker in their filling stations so why the increase? now look at it from this perspective, the fuel price will definitely go down but the commodity in the market will still remain high then later people will be shouting inflation meanwhile they are the origin. in fact Nigerians deserve every single treatment they got because we are the problem to ourselves .
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by femakins: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
�Lies and deceit, Nigerians are not gullible again. Dey should just stop giving us empty promises but they should rather act and relieve d suffering of a common man in Nigeria. Government of deceits and empty vows!
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by AleksAndria: 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2017
OK..maybe I should go sleep at the Filling Station n wait for Maikanti Baru's spirit to bring me Fuel.

Since we won't go into 2018 with the scarcity, then it's best I do my own crossover in Chevron.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Skappy44(m): 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2017
make the 2019 come quick make we kick this stupid out
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Skappy44(m): 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2017
make the 2019 come quick make we kick this stupid president called buhari out

(1) (2) (Reply)

China-Africa Summit: Obiano Meets With Investors And Ndi Anambra In China / Army Launches “operation Positive Identification” In North East / Independence Day: Akeredolu Grants 18 Prisoners Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.