Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC (8903 Views)

Nigerians Won’t Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Again With Buhari — PDP / Buhari’s Body Double Suspicion That Won’t Go Away - The Guardian / Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by metroblogger: 9:54am On Dec 30, 2017
The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Maikanti Baru, has vowed that Nigerians will not go into 2018 with the scarcity of petroleum products.

Baru, who disclosed this to State House correspondents in Abuja on Friday, reiterated NNPC’s position to ensure the pump price of fuel was maintained at the current official price of N145 per litre.

According to him, any marketer found hoarding fuel or selling above the official price will be punished.

“I’m happy to report that we have tamed the monster that reared it’s head as a result of the rumoured price increase about three weeks ago.

“Fortunately that rumour instigated a lot of marketers to be very greedy and they decided that their fellow citizens should not enjoy the Christmas holiday and New Year with ease and decided to profiteer starting by hoarding and diversion of products.

“At the beginning I did address the press, telling the world that we have sufficient products that will last us 30 days through the New Year into January but because the marketers wanted to inflict harm and pains on fellow citizens, they decided to hoard products, divert them and in some cases even smuggled products out of the country.

“This has been tamed by the actions we took and I personally led the war around Abuja and other teams led the war in Lagos and other parts of the country,’’ he said.

The GMD, according to NAN, noted that already the queues in the filling stations in Abuja had started disappearing, saying that normalcy would soon be restored in the distribution of the product.

He said: “As of this morning, I have gone round the Abuja metropolis and I have seen that the queues have reduced significantly to almost normal level and few motorists that I heard speaking on morning programmed concerning what I have seen said they have not spent up to 30 minutes to fuel their cars.

“So the monster has been tamed in Lagos, the situation has been brought into normalcy as far as two days ago and we are also aching the same thing in all other cities.

“I promise that we have sufficient products that will last us for the next 30 days and we keep bringing in 50 per cent over and above our normal consumption into the country.

“And vessels have been lined up, at the moment I have eight vessels discharging products at various ports around the country.

“So Nigerians should enjoy the New Year and that Mr. President’s directive and guidance which has been very helpful has been executed and normalcy has returned.’’

He advised those marketers that had hidden the products in odd locations to better bring them out and sell to the public at N145 per litre, saying “if NNPC sold it to you at N133.28, you have sufficient margin within that ambit to be able to supply and sell to the public at maximum N145 per litre.’’

According to him, the NNPC filling stations are selling the product at N143 per litre.

He warned that any marketer caught selling above the official price of N145 per litre would be sanctioned appropriately by the regulator, DPR and PPPRA with the support of law enforcement agencies.

He said the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), would make sure that the products were confiscated and given free to the public.

“This is the directive that we are working on by Mr. President and is being executed to the later. Bring them out and sell these products, we don’t have any shortage and we are making massive loadings.

“Normally we should be able to have 850 trucks to satisfy the National consumption but as at yesterday (Dec. 28) we loaded 1,750 trucks to go around the country.

“So we will continue massive load out until we reach the former position whereby all the stations will have products and truck siding,’’ he added.

http://www.metronaija.ng/nigerians-wont-go-new-year-petrol-scarcity-nnpc/

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Troblem(m): 9:55am On Dec 30, 2017
smiley
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by LionDeLeo: 9:58am On Dec 30, 2017
That's is less than 48hrs from now.

Meanwhile, tomorrow is new yrs eve.

I disagree on this.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Oye0404(m): 10:06am On Dec 30, 2017
Basketmouth don open mouth again oooooo *in fela's voice* Do dis people think Nigerians are dullards nd dat gullible?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Khd95(m): 10:11am On Dec 30, 2017
U people said it would end last weekend

Govt of lies

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by EDOPRO: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2017
another lies for patient Nigerians

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by EDOPRO: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2017
another bunch of lies for patient Nigerians

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Omeokachie: 12:34pm On Dec 30, 2017
We have had so many 48hours deadlines for queues to disappear in the last 2weeks all to no avail.

These deadlines all sound like the "health, housing and jobs for all by the year 2000" scam of the military regime! (well, its another returnee military man from that era that is in power!)

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Jeff9498(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2017
Blatant lie

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2017
Lies

Lies

Lies

Keep lying to your Zombies

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by millionboi2: 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2017
When u have 1day

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2017
Then NNPC....get the President to DEREGULATE the downstream sector.

That's right....DEREGULATE......

Saves money, brings in more investment, makes the industry more profitable....PROVIDES MORE JOBS.

Stop this subsidy and price control story.....DEREGULATE!

Deregulation in 1993, in 2006, 2012, 2016, and today.

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Stanleyville(m): 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2017
Mister man..new year is next tomoro!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by fergusen: 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2017
undecided
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by oekehinde: 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2017
This man should be given public beating for riding on the shoulders of Nigeria and spewing lies. You can imagine a press statement wia they fight wars just to supply us fuel.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by adekhingz(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2017
I thought you guys already flooded the market with PMS. Which one are u saying again naw?!!! I sha don't pray for fuel price to increase oooo.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by pol23: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2017
I bought 180.00 today at skyline opposite Fara Park Lekki-Ajah Express way.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by obaataaokpaewu: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2017
Mtcheww!! Everyday they keep shifting when it will end. They made me travel late thinking the price would have dropped by then, now they are talking about new year

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by adekhingz(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2017
Funny enough, we bought fuel at 145 Naira at the NNPC station at mowe-ibafo (the one just before the Nnpc mega station. No single queue was there.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by BruncleZuma: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2017
grin grin grin grin

I give up on these characters straight out of 1984 and Animal Farm...

grin grin grin grin

Meanwhile MetroNaija is not a reliable news source there's always plausible deniability...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by ay234(m): 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2017
NNPC is high on pms..blive this at ur own peril
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by dunkem21(m): 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2017
This people want to start the new year with lies undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by goodnewscliff(m): 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2017
even d devil knws dis is a lie..........even legal officials go dy scam us......chaiii angry angry undecided
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by three: 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
Really

Guess who was Federal Commissioner of Petroleum in 1978 when this 'Dailly Times' paper was published?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Olawalesadiq(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
Another lie again... APC and lie are like phone and charger...
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Mutuwa(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
pol23:
I bought 180.00 today at skyline opposite Fara Park Lekki-Ajah Express way.
shocked

We bought N210 yesterday at Zaria.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by Rizstar: 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
They have already achieved their aim.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by lloyds(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2017
New Year that is just few minutes away. . This people talk like to us as if we are fools. It's not their fault.
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by konfused: 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2017
If it were the marketers that caused the fuel scarcity as you said, why the frantic importation of fuel this December......... always shifting the goal post.....
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by okotv(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2017
Action not words abeg...
Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by apankay(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2017
The new Year wey we Don enter already? Abi which one

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC by eddieguru(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
patiently waiting for more lies... cool cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Look At What I Just Saw. There Is Real Struggle In The Land. (picture Inside) / 2023 Guber: Court Restrains Abia PDP From Conducting Primary Election / Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.