Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 (28793 Views)

Manchester United Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 12th March 2023 / Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 1) On 18th February 2023 / Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 2) On 26th December 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by mastermaestro(m): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
Maiconyoung:
the 2nd spot is not d issue my bro, d point gap needs to close.

Man, you are damn right. The points gap makes others look like mediocre teams. It's way too wide!
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by mastermaestro(m): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
osazsky:
city for life, any were pep goes I go,barca,and city

They said Pep succeeded at Barca because he had Messi, then he went to Bayern and dominated German league. They said he was succeeding there because the league was very weak. Now he is in the League that has an overblown reputation for being the strongest and best in the world. What has Pep made of all the teams? cheesy cheesy Double digit lead over all the supposedly big four. cheesy cheesy

Simply put, Pep has demystified the Premier League with his matchless brilliance and ability to refine raw talents. grin grin

Conte, Klopp, Mourinho, Wenger are gasping for air in Pep's overwhelming shadow. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
mastermaestro:

Man, you are damn right. The points gap makes others look like mediocre teams. It's way too wide!
that is true, this not ligue 1 or bundesliga, the gap needs to reduce drastically else EPL will look like Sh-i:t
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
osazsky:
2nd is safe ,liverpool may leapfrog man u in 3rd ,and man u ,spurs arsenal and Burnley will slug it out for d 4th position , 4th will then go for play off wen other teams are resting
I agree its safe bt it doesn't call 4 celebratn.
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Gwan2(m): 1:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
mastermaestro:

They said Pep succeeded at Barca because he had Messi, then he went to Bayern and dominated German league. They said he was succeeding there because the league was very weak. Now he is in the League that has an overblown reputation for being the strongest and best in the world. What has Pep made of all the teams? cheesy cheesy Double digit lead over all the supposedly big four. cheesy cheesy

Simply put, Pep has demystified the Premier League with his matchless brilliance and ability to refine raw talents. grin grin

Conte, Klopp, Mourinho, Wenger are gasping for air in Pep's overwhelming shadow. grin grin
Shut up nigga, don't be an ignoramus. Where was Pep last season that Conte won the league. He wasn't even second place. Every season has its dynamics, this season Pep boys have been superb, so is easier to say city will win the league...although is not even 100% assured. One thing I promise you, quote me anywhere...It will not be as easy as it is next season for Pep. So don't come here and yan dust ok.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2017
mastermaestro:

Ur comment make me to begin to wonder if pep's "overwhelming" shadow was nt around last season or his ability to covert raw materials into finished talent went AWOL last season. U shud have said, he strenghtened his squad while the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal even Tottenham didn't. But for liverpool, their defence is being amended. Talk abt united, its same story. Come to thnk of it, can u recall how many managers dat have been sacked dis season in EPL?? Dat shud tell u dat d teams never really strenghtened, and wen City did they are enjoying it not Pep's philosophy or wateva cos I know dat dis City can't stand d wrath of Bayern dat is at full strenght now (cos both of dem are at full strenght).

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
Gwan2:

Shut up nigga, don't be an ignoramus. Where was Pep last season that Conte won the league. He wasn't even second place. Every season has its dynamics, this season Pep boys have been superb, so is easier to say city will win the league...although is not even 100% assured. One thing I promise you, quote me anywhere...It will not be as easy as it is next season for Pep. So don't come here and yan dust ok.
Dat was wat they were sayn wen city won 5 straight matches last season, bt wen city and pep went AWOL they also went AWOL. He is lucky dat the likes of chelsea, tottenham and arsenal had no reasonable transfer b4 d season, he knows wat he went tru in dia hands last season. A city dat only d defence worth over £200m, b4 u talk abt midfield and attack, chelsea, hotspurs, arsenal and liverpool can't present a line dat can equal dat of city in monetary value. Chelsea and tottenham has been gambling line up due to low numerical strenght and if they have a gud transfer and on time, pep will need to buckle up. I dnt see an extraordinary pep here just an opportunist pep like leicester.
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by vanvino(m): 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
LesbianBoy:

Man United didn't back him like city backed guardiola. Remember he wanted to buy perisic a winger but man united to drop money
how about Chelsea? Did chelsea Bord back him even after winning League, not to mention players that were sold for two seasons. Mourinho's problem is that he has refuse to adapt, under two season Conte has alter the way chelsea play can you say the same about Mourinho?

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by LesbianBoy(m): 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
vanvino:
how about Chelsea? Did chelsea Bord back him even after winning League, not to mention players that were sold for two seasons. Mourinho's problem is that he has refuse to adapt, under two season Conte has alter the way chelsea play can you say the same about Mourinho?

Chelsea board didn't back him too....thats why conte said earlier this season that the board should back him so he won't have a "mourinho season"
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by mastermaestro(m): 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2017
Gwan2:

English fan boys. grin grin The Spaniard is here to leave you folks demented and miserable. grin grin Do the needful. grin

Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by mastermaestro(m): 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2017
Maiconyoung:
Ur comment make me to begin to wonder if pep's "overwhelming" shadow was nt around last season or his ability to covert raw materials into finished talent went AWOL last season. U shud have said, he strenghtened his squad while the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal even Tottenham didn't. But for liverpool, their defence is being amended. Talk abt united, its same story. Come to thnk of it, can u recall how many managers dat have been sacked dis season in EPL?? Dat shud tell u dat d teams never really strenghtened, and wen City did they are enjoying it not Pep's philosophy or wateva cos I know dat dis City can't stand d wrath of Bayern dat is at full strenght now (cos both of dem are at full strenght).

Accept Pep's lordship over your league now or ...

Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
mastermaestro:

Accept Pep's lordship over your league now or ...
hahahahahahahahahaaa, he is a thousand mile behind "lordship" last season's bruise is yet to heal, we will accept the "lordship" wen he wins 3Epl back to back like d bundesliga if not....

Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Realist1(m): 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
Pep's Man City is dropping two points on this one for sure. This is match is a draw
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Xzbit91: 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2017
Maiconyoung:
Dat was wat they were sayn wen city won 5 straight matches last season, bt wen city and pep went AWOL they also went AWOL. He is lucky dat the likes of chelsea, tottenham and arsenal had no reasonable transfer b4 d season, he knows wat he went tru in dia hands last season. A city dat only d defence worth over £200m, b4 u talk abt midfield and attack, chelsea, hotspurs, arsenal and liverpool can't present a line dat can equal dat of city in monetary value. Chelsea and tottenham has been gambling line up due to low numerical strenght and if they have a gud transfer and on time, pep will need to buckle up. I dnt see an extraordinary pep here just an opportunist pep like leicester.

You are one hate filled fella, ain't you? If you aren't, the bolded is the most ridiculous statement I've read all year. And that will be saying something considering the number of senselessness exhibited on this forum.

Who or what stopped others from strengthening their respective teams? Manchester united bought lukaku, lindelof and matic, Chelsea bought morata, bakayoko, and Drinkwater. Tottenham got aurier, Sanchez, and lorentte, Liverpool got solanke, salah, Chamberlain. So there is no excuse for any of them to be 15 points behind halfway through the season.

Your hilarious attempt at making light of PEPs achievement is laughable at best. No team in the history of the EPL has won more than matches 15 matches in a row, city is on 18 and counting. And according to reports, you'll have to look outside the top5 leagues in the world to Gus Hiddinks PSV Eindhoven to see a record that matches. That my friend is special in itself

Not only has he won 18 at a stretch, he's unbeaten in 20 league matches while flogging the rest of the top 6 with consummate ease in the supposedly strongest league in the world. Something he wasn't able to do in either laliga or bundesliga. So much for been the most competitive league, he's made light work of the best teams in England and exposed them for the fraud that they are.

You can yap about how much he's spent on fullbacks all you want, it takes nothing away from his brilliance. He shipped out four fullbacks in the summer, you expected him not to replace them? To get quality, you have to table the cash which is what any sensible coach will do.

BTW, all his starting eleven players were in the team last year bar Walker and Ederson. So there is really no excuse.
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
Xzbit91:

You are one hate filled fella, ain't you? If you aren't, the bolded is the most ridiculous statement I've read all year. And that will be saying something considering the number of senselessness exhibited on this forum.

Who or what stopped others from strengthening their respective teams? Manchester united bought lukaku, lindelof and matic, Chelsea bought morata, bakayoko, and Drinkwater. Tottenham got aurier, Sanchez, and lorentte, Liverpool got solanke, salah, Chamberlain. So there is no excuse for any of them to be 15 points behind halfway through the season.

Your hilarious attempt at making light of PEPs achievement is laughable at best. No team in the history of the EPL has won more than matches 15 matches in a row, city is on 18 and counting. And according to reports, you'll have to look outside the top5 leagues in the world to Gus Hiddinks PSV Eindhoven to see a record that matches. That my friend is special in itself

Not only has he won 18 at a stretch, he's unbeaten in 20 league matches while flogging the rest of the top 6 with consummate ease in the supposedly strongest league in the world. Something he wasn't able to do in either laliga or bundesliga. So much for been the most competitive league, he's made light work of the best teams in England and exposed them for the fraud that they are.

You can yap about how much he's spent on fullbacks all you want, it takes nothing away from his brilliance. He shipped out four fullbacks in the summer, you expected him not to replace them? To get quality, you have to table the cash which is what any sensible coach will do.

BTW, all his starting eleven players were in the team last year bar Walker and Ederson. So there is really no excuse.
18 wins and counting indeed.

If u were more sensible than the "senselessness" u see on this forum, u wouldn't need abuse to make ur point known.

I dnt hate Pep, I love him like any football fan would love a gud manager, jst tryn to make dat guy undastnd dat tinz fell into play 4 him.

How many goal margin was recorded against chelsea and united i.e referring to "light work of the top six". How many of dem did he win last season??

If u read my comment very well I said d oda clubs had bad transfers, every club does at 1 point or d oda.

If this happened 2 be his 1st season, i wud have agreed with u on his class, bt wia was dat unmatchable class last season

Answer dat please.
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
Xzbit91:

His class or wateva u call it needed referees to manifest, u see dat he has dropped points now and more will dropped against liverpool, jst like i said, we all know dat most teams in EPL currently are underperforming. BUT WHERE HIS EXCEPTIONAL ABILITY LAST SEASON?? was aguero and jesus in d starting 11 last season??

He didn't just replace players, he but players that made his squad so large dat those playn are afraid of playn nt a thin squad like chelsea that even sum position dnt have replacement.
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Xzbit91: 5:26pm On Dec 31, 2017
Maiconyoung:
18 wins and counting indeed.

If u were more sensible than the "senselessness" u see on this forum, u wouldn't need abuse to make ur point known.

Pray tell where I insulted you and I'll apologize accordingly

Maiconyoung:

I dnt hate Pep, I love him like any football fan would love a gud manager, jst tryn to make dat guy undastnd dat tinz fell into play 4 him.

"I dnt see an extraordinary pep here just an opportunist pep like leicester". This statement doesn't show love, does it? Heck, it doesn't even show respect!

Maiconyoung:

How many goal margin was recorded against chelsea and united i.e referring to "light work of the top six". How many of dem did he win last season??

Stick to argument and stop shifting goal post. Now it's no longer all about good football and 3 points but about goal margins?
Last season is in the past, we're talking of the present.

Maiconyoung:

If u read my comment very well I said d oda clubs had bad transfers, every club does at 1 point or d oda.

Who send them work? You initially said they failed to strengthen their team which we all know its not true. Of the 3 fullbacks pep bought, only walker is playing regularly, Bernardo Silva is not even a regular on that team.

Maiconyoung:

If this happened 2 be his 1st season, i wud have agreed with u on his class, bt wia was dat unmatchable class last season

Answer dat please.

So according to you, a manager has to achieve what exactly to be considered world class? If you are no novice in footballing matters you'll notice Pep has a specific playing philosophy. One that not every defender or goal keeper can play. He likes to build from the back, reason why he performed not too well was because his players had to adapt to this specific tasking style which is risky and exposes you on the counter attack. It's not rocket science
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Xzbit91: 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2017
Maiconyoung:
[b]His class or wateva u call it needed referees to manifes[/b]t, u see dat he has dropped points now and more will dropped against liverpool, jst like i said, we all know dat most teams in EPL currently are underperforming. BUT WHERE HIS EXCEPTIONAL ABILITY LAST SEASON?? was aguero and jesus in d starting 11 last season??
I can perceive the hate from here @bolded. What referees? grin
And you've suddenly become a seer predicting dropped future dropped points.

Maiconyoung:

He didn't just replace players, he but players that made his squad so large dat those playn are afraid of playn nt a thin squad like chelsea that even sum position dnt have replacement.

So large he had to deploy delph, who is a Central midfielder at right back with flawless precision. If walker is injured right now, tell me who is his replacement? What of Fernandinho? What of debryune?

Stop it, you're becoming hysterical.
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
Xzbit91:

Pray tell where I insulted you and I'll apologize accordingly

"I dnt see an extraordinary pep here just an opportunist pep like leicester". This statement doesn't show love, does it? Heck, it doesn't even show respect!

Stick to argument and stop shifting goal post. Now it's no longer all about good football and 3 points but about goal margins?
Last season is in the past, we're talking of the present.

Who send them work? You initially said they failed to strengthen their team which we all know its not true. Of the 3 fullbacks pep bought, only walker is playing regularly, Bernardo Silva is not even a regular on that team.

So according to you, a manager has to achieve what exactly to be considered world class? If you are no novice in footballing matters you'll notice Pep has a specific playing philosophy. One that not every defender or goal keeper can play. He likes to build from the back, reason why he performed not too well was because his players had to adapt to this specific tasking style which is risky and exposes you on the counter attack. It's not rocket science
did u 4get dat u said he made "light work" of d top 6?? Light work in wat sense den??

I neva said insult, i rather said abuse and ur reply rightly did dat. I am nt insinuating it.

Like I said, I love Pep, and love, respect or wateva u call it does nt prevent any1 4rm sayn d truth.

If u follow the EPL, other teams are struggling, injury and lack of replacement, Pep has everything working for him, so u can spot d difference i.e only if u wish.

U asked, who send them go work. I answered dat questn in my last reply, i.e any1 can have a bad transfer, Madrid did, Barcer did as well, apart 4rm a certain united dat have been signing d wrong players, d likes of chelsea and hotspurs had bad transfers and many teams in EPL dat is why managers are being sacked.

The going was smooth 4 many last season and Pep suffered.

Now get my point b4 u quoted me 4rm d begining. Pep is not matchless like d oda guy said, given d resources at his disposal, a good manager can do wat he is doing, dis is d point.
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
Xzbit91:

I can perceive the hate from here @bolded. What referees? grin
And you've suddenly become a seer predicting dropped future dropped points.

So large he had to deploy delph, who is a Central midfielder at right back with flawless precision. If walker is injured right now, tell me who is his replacement? What of Fernandinho? What of debryune?

Stop it, you're becoming hysterical.
U can percieve wateva u wan2 percieve, d nose is urs.

Deployn Delph in right back and him playn with ur "flawless precision" boils down to my point dat his players dat have d chance to play, play so well because of d squad size and every1 wants to play. Take it or leave it.
Also if u watch football, no matter wat, dropping of points is constant jst as falling sick is a norm 4 all humans and u dnt need a soothsayer to tell u dat.
Back to my point, pep is not unmatchable, he is just lucky dis season. THIS IS EPL.
Luck in Epl dnt exceed a season dat is if it last throughout dat season.
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Xzbit91: 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2017
Maiconyoung:
did u 4get dat u said he made "light work" of d top 6?? Light work in wat sense den??

I neva said insult, i rather said abuse and ur reply rightly did dat. I am nt insinuating it.

Like I said, I love Pep, and love, respect or wateva u call it does nt prevent any1 4rm sayn d truth.

If u follow the EPL, other teams are struggling, injury and lack of replacement, Pep has everything working for him, so u can spot d difference i.e only if u wish.

U asked, who send them go work. I answered dat questn in my last reply, i.e any1 can have a bad transfer, Madrid did, Barcer did as well, apart 4rm a certain united dat have been signing d wrong players, d likes of chelsea and hotspurs had bad transfers and many teams in EPL dat is why managers are being sacked.

The going was smooth 4 many last season and Pep suffered.

Now get my point b4 u quoted me 4rm d begining. Pep is not matchless like d oda guy said, given d resources at his disposal, a good manager can do wat he is doing, dis is d point.

@bolded. But no manager has done it before. And about resources, Manchester united is the richest club in the world. While chelsea and Liverpool might not be as rich, they've proven time and again that they have no qualms matching any teams spending power. What more resources are coaches looking for? Man city are not the richest of the lot.

Light work in the sense that not only did he beat the whole top 6, he did it with style and swagger. Forget the 1-0 scoreline at Stamford bridge, it flatters Chelsea, could've easily been 4-0. And again we all know morinho parks buses even at old Trafford, he was so afraid of losing heavily.

You're just grasping at straws. Mendy, PEPs record signing is yet to play 4 matches, john stones is injured. Only recently did ilkay guendogan return from a knee injury. David Silva is injured. Kompany got injured at Newcastle, Jesus got injured today along with Kevin debryune. At the begining of the season, aguero got injured in a car crash. Once again, no excuse!!
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Xzbit91: 7:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
Maiconyoung:
[s]U can percieve wateva u wan2 percieve, d nose is urs.

Deployn Delph in right back and him playn with ur "flawless precision" boils down to my point dat his players dat have d chance to play, play so well because of d squad size and every1 wants to play. Take it or leave it.
Also if u watch football, no matter wat, dropping of points is constant jst as falling sick is a norm 4 all humans and u dnt need a soothsayer to tell u dat.
Back to my point, pep is not unmatchable, he is just lucky dis season. THIS IS EPL.
Luck in Epl dnt exceed a season dat is if it last throughout dat season.[/s]

Free the hate, it'll consume you
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
Xzbit91:

Free the hate, it'll consume you
that is your opinion, but that didn't come closer to me than the screen of my device, neither does it matter to me, so u can keep it to urself.
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
Xzbit91:

@bolded. But no manager has done it before. And about resources, Manchester united is the richest club in the world. While chelsea and Liverpool might not be as rich, they've proven time and again that they have no qualms matching any teams spending power. What more resources are coaches looking for? Man city are not the richest of the lot.

Light work in the sense that not only did he beat the whole top 6, he did it with style and swagger. Forget the 1-0 scoreline at Stamford bridge, it flatters Chelsea, could've easily been 4-0. And again we all know morinho parks buses even at old Trafford, he was so afraid of losing heavily.

You're just grasping at straws. Mendy, PEPs record signing is yet to play 4 matches, john stones is injured. Only recently did ilkay guendogan return from a knee injury. David Silva is injured. Kompany got injured at Newcastle, Jesus got injured today along with Kevin debryune. At the begining of the season, aguero got injured in a car crash. Once again, no excuse!!
could have easily been 4-0 indeed. Can u name d last team to score 4 unreplied goals against chelsea? 4rm dis comment I came to undastnd dat u jst stumbled into football, make research please dnt jst type, no wonder u couldn't decipher wat "resources" meant. Happy new year in advance.
Re: Manchester United Vs Southampton (0- 0) On 30th December 2017 by Xzbit91: 1:44pm On Jan 01, 2018
Maiconyoung:
could have easily been 4-0 indeed. Can u name d last team to score 4 unreplied goals against chelsea? 4rm dis comment I came to undastnd dat u jst stumbled into football, make research please dnt jst type, no wonder u couldn't decipher wat "resources" meant. Happy new year in advance.

Happy New Year!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Nottingham Forest (5 - 0) On 30th October 2022 / Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? / Gbenga Okunowo Features As Real Madrid Legends Beat Barcelona Legends 3-2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.