Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,233 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions (44792 Views)

I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions / Nigerian Army Begins 2018 Recruitment Of 77 Regular Recruits: How To Apply / All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by UbanmeUdie: 7:11pm On Dec 30, 2017
shocked
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by louiskay(m): 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2017
Emzyme:

Lol I already tried killing myself thrice didn't work

Bring it on
All die na die

That's the spirit bro.... money makes you mobile... make some cash and follow your mind...

Live for something or die for nothing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2017
Akalia:
wish I were in the army,i tried my hands when I was younger and still a fresh graduate way back but I didn't succeed. I have moved on to other promising endeavors. Please I advice you to have a rethink ; is joining the army with just ssce really what you want as a promising young man? Go get a degree first if you are passionate about the army. If your interest is just to escape unemployment then I suggest you try getting a menial job, there decent menial jobs one can get with just ssce. Joining the army with just ssce is not an ideal path to toe, it's for people who have no other choice in life.

I disagree sir, there are lots of Nigerian youths with lots of energy and passion for the Army. Some waste that dream channelling that aggro into meaningless ventures. There are lots of talents lying waste in Nigeria. Those are the kinds that eventually become menace to society.

There raw talents can be tapped, they can be redirected. Military is the place to be if you have the opportunity, mental and physical fitness to withstand the rigours of training cos your mental and physical capacity will be stretched to their elastic limit but it’s worth it at the end.

If the young man love the army, he should try his luck. If however he wants to escape unemployment, military isn’t the place cos he will face the unspeakable. It’s not for the faint hearted.

My only problem with the op is his confession of having attempted suicide. Military isn’t for his kind.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2017
I will suggest you join the Air force, way way better. Those ones need smarter recruits.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2017
gbosaa:

If you tried killing your self 3x and failed, how do you think you can succeed in killing another person?
When faced with a certain situation and you have just a round in your mag to take out that enemy, failure would not be an option, you need to make that decision and act with precision.

If you’ve tried taking your life 3x as you said, you need to sort yourself out. Military isn’t for people with questionable mental health issues.

Lol

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2017
gbosaa:

I disagree sir, there are lots of Nigerian youths with lots of energy and passion for the Army. Some waste that dream channelling that aggro into meaningless ventures. There are lots of talents lying waste in Nigeria. Those are the kinds that eventually become menace to society.

There raw talents can be tapped, they can be redirected. Military is the place to be if you have the opportunity, mental and physical fitness to withstand the rigours of training cos your mental and physical capacity will be stretched to their elastic limit but it’s worth it at the end.

If the young man love the army, he should try his luck. If however he wants to escape unemployment, military isn’t the place cos he will face the unspeakable. It’s not for the faint hearted.

My only problem with the op is his confession of having attempted suicide. Military isn’t for his kind.

Lol
They say what doesn't kill u only makes u stronger

Am not going to b contented with being a warrant officer at d peak of my career
Shit
No WAY

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2017
Let's bagg d bsc nd d b.engr
First
I shld b 26 then for d b.engr
D bsc may nxt yr

Hope its good like that

Its d thrill am looking for
I have thought myself fighting ops
In syria ,iraq etc taking down bh squads
Being decorated with medals ,promotions

Its weird ba
Buh dats it oo

I like.d army ,
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 30, 2017
gbosaa:

If you tried killing your self 3x and failed, how do you think you can succeed in killing another person?
When faced with a certain situation and you have just a round in your mag to take out that enemy, failure would not be an option, you need to make that decision and act with precision.

If you’ve tried taking your life 3x as you said, you need to sort yourself out. Military isn’t for people with questionable mental health issues.

I dnt have any mental issues
Just family probz, pple who.always undermine me, make.me feel worthless nd stupid dats all
Though am introverted buh dat shouldn't b a problem

Nd are u n d millitary ?

Someone who survived cult life should also b able to.survive in.the millitary right?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2017
Emzyme:

Lol
They say what doesn't kill u only makes u stronger

Am not going to b contented with being a warrant officer at d peak of my career
Shit
No WAY

You haven’t even applied or passed selection and you are here undermining the rank of a WO. That’s disrespectful. Do you even know what a WO does and how important he is? How are you sure you’d scale through?

Like I said, in an more organised environment, your suicide attempts will appear on your medical reports.

I don’t know how it’s done in Nig. In some countries, the army will normally send forms to your doctor which he has to complete about your health issues, once that’s done, you’ll be given a date to attend selection. If you pass, you’ll commence training.

Don’t compare military with your school or neighbourhood fraternity.

I believe there are lots of members of Nigeria military here to answer your questions. I don’t work with Nigeria military and I do not have the knowledge and authority to answer questions about them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2017
Emzyme:
First
D bsc may nxt yr

Hope its good like that

Its weird ba
Buh dats it oo

I like.d army ,

While you see yourself being decorated with medals, also be aware that you might end in a body bag and instead of medals, you’ll end in a box with the green white green flag draped over the box you are in.

You could also come back with a missing limb or limbs and get discharged and become disabled for life. You could also come back with severe hearing problem or suffer severe PTSD which might aggravate your suicidal ideation.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2017
gbosaa:

You haven’t even applied or passed selection and you are here undermining the rank of a WO. That’s disrespectful. Do you even know what a WO does and how important he is? How are you sure you’d scale through?

Like I said, in an more organised environment, your suicide attempts will appear on your medical reports.

I don’t know how it’s done in Nig. In some countries, the army will normally send forms to your doctor which he has to complete about your health issues, once that’s done, you’ll be given a date to attend selection. If you pass, you’ll commence training.

Don’t compare military with your school or neighbourhood fraternity.

I believe there are lots of members of Nigeria military here to answer your questions. I don’t work with Nigeria military and I do not have the knowledge and authority to answer questions about them.
Am nt undermining oo
Just dat it can't b my best rank
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2017
Emzyme:

Am nt undermining oo
Just dat it can't b my best rank

Learn how to walk before you think of running.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2017
gbosaa:

Learn how to walk before you think of running.

Who wants to build a house and does nt first sit down , caculate d cost
Nd how he wants d house to look like at d end
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Pat081: 2:28am On Dec 31, 2017
I dnt think u ve to know anybody b4 u join now , because dey re looking for people to send to face dos useless boro haram
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by yinkeys(m): 5:35am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
I am 21
I have my ssce result
I would love to apply for the 77rri 2017/2018 army recruitment exercise

What should I expect during the screening/ exercise?
Am igbo,hope it won't affect?
What rank would I be given if I reg with my ssce?
Is it possible for me to attend a university while in the army?

If Its possible, when am done would I be offered promotion based on my new qualification?

If not what is the highest possible rank.I can achieve with throughtout if I apply with my ssce result?
Thanks

What is d salary structure like?
Preferably navy or the air force.
My advice

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by SkinnyNigga: 6:08am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
I am 21
I have my ssce result

If Its possible, when am done would I be offered promotion based on my new qualification?

If not what is the highest possible rank.I can achieve with throughtout if I apply with my ssce result?
Thanks

I am also interested.. How do I apply. ?
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by montanaguy(m): 6:30am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
I am 21
I have my ssce result

Thanks

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 31, 2017
Mr man why not try going for NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY (NDA).

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 31, 2017
SkinnyNigga:
I am also interested.. How do I apply. ?

Chevk this link

http://recruitment.army.mil.ng/
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 31, 2017
2chainzz:
Mr man why not try going for NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY (NDA).

I think deh have an age limit
Am 21 already

Nd its nt easy to get into nda as I was told
174 only per yr
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by montanaguy(m): 6:56am On Dec 31, 2017
It all depends. We have tradesmen and non tradesmen. If you join as a tradesman, that's, if you have the skills needed in the military like technicians, plumbers etc, you might be given the rank of Lcpl or Cpl on passing out. If you join as non tradesman, you will pass out as a Private. Furthering your school while in service depends on many factors. Your unit can release you to study and you can as well do it on your own. If your unit is to release you, you must have worked for some no of years and attain a certain rank. If you are to study on your own, it depends on your unit Commander, CO etc. If you are attached to work with a very senior officer, he can use his position to release you to study. Promotion in the service has nothing to do with your civil certificate. When you join the military, you will start attending military courses and promotion exams. You must be disciplined to the core to avoid having a regimental entries in your file to affect your promotions. COs and Commander's good recommendations are what qualifies you to be promoted. The highest rank attainable for soldiers is AWO. Army Warrant Officer. Master Warrant Officer is majorly the rank soldiers retires on. AWO rank is very few in the Army. Its for those who exceptionally distinguishes themselves in the service. Promotion is every four years if you qualified. At same time, you cannot rule out man know man. This is prevalent in the Army unlike the other sister forces Air Force and Navy. If you want to enjoy promotion to your next rank as when due, join the Air Force. For the Army, it will only take the grace of God for you to reach your desired rank because, corruption strives in the Army.

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 31, 2017
montanaguy:
It all depends. We have tradesmen and non tradesmen. If you join as a tradesman, that's, if you have the skills needed in the military like technicians, plumbers etc, you might be given the rank of Lcpl or Cpl on passing out. If you join as non tradesman, you will pass out as a Private. Furthering your school while in service depends on many factors. Your unit can release you to study and you can as well do it on your own. If your unit is to release you, you must have worked for some no of years and attain a certain rank. If you are to study on your own, it depends on your unit Commander, CO etc. If you are attached to work with a very senior officer, he can use his position to release you to study. Promotion in the service has nothing to do with your civil certificate. When you join the military, you will start attending military courses and promotion exams. You must be disciplined to the core to avoid having a regimental entries in your file to affect your promotions. COs and Commander's good recommendations are what qualifies you to be promoted. The highest rank attainable for soldiers is AWO. Army Warrant Officer. Master Warrant Officer is majorly the rank soldiers retires on. AWO rank is very few in the Army. Its for those who exceptionally distinguishes themselves in the service. Promotion is every four years if you qualified. At same time, you cannot rule out man know man. This is prevalent in the Army unlike the other sister forces Air Force and Navy. If you want to enjoy promotion to your next rank as when due, join the Air Force. For the Army, it will only take the grace of God for you to reach your desired rank because, corruption strives in the Army.

Ok
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by tyup(m): 7:30am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Na thru dis format him enter
Abi nda
With ssce na recruit or private
Cos am confused

recuit.....I go just advice you still further to school small so you dont retire with nothing after stressful exercise in the army

modified: there's a trend on FP how to join check it out wink
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

I think deh have an age limit
Am 21 already

Nd its nt easy to get into nda as I was told
174 only per yr
NDA is 17-21 and who told you it's not easy, when I entered nobody helped me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 31, 2017
2chainzz:
NDA is 17-21 and who told you it's not easy, when I entered nobody helped me.

Wow
But is dis yr closed already
How's getting in like ?
Tanx sir
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Wow But is dis yr closed already How's getting in like ? Tanx sir
The form is on sale.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 31, 2017
2chainzz:
The form is on sale.

Tanx I just read abt it
My waec is 2011
Nd d site says nt older than 5yrs

Or I shld just apply like dat
It doesn't mean ba
Got 235 in jamb
Does jamb score carry any weight
Electrical engr

Shey nda I won't pay skulfees ba
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Tanx I just read abt it
My waec is 2011
Nd d site says nt older than 5yrs

Or I shld just apply like dat
It doesn't mean ba
Got 235 in jamb
Does jamb score carry any weight
Electrical engr

Shey nda I won't pay skulfees ba
Your WAEC result is old, You're not eligible and nothing like fees in NDA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by CaptainStephen(m): 8:46am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
First
D bsc may nxt yr

Hope its good like that

Its weird ba
Buh dats it oo

I like.d army ,
Get your degree first, make it through training. And then you shall see the thrill you are looking for.
But life in the army is not going to be rosy hope you understand.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 31, 2017
2chainzz:
Your WAEC result is old, You're not eligible and nothing like fees in NDA.

Chai
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2017
CaptainStephen:
Get your degree first, make it through training. And then you shall see the thrill you are looking for.
But life in the army is not going to be rosy hope you understand.

I do
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by lereinter(m): 8:55am On Dec 31, 2017
why do u want to join the army
stop being sentimental
if you love their activities and passionate abt them
the ball is in your court

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With 100k Very Urgent !!! / #dangote Cement Plc Vacancies And Recruitment# / Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.