Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions (44801 Views)

I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions / Nigerian Army Begins 2018 Recruitment Of 77 Regular Recruits: How To Apply / All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2017
jovial22:
what if I join with my degree, what position will I be given?

No b now oo
If u do mistake of applying with d 77rri
Na private oo

Wait for dssc or ssc. Nd apply
I think lieutenant ba?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by tomtyte02(m): 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Ok now.u understand Am 21 now would b 26 wit d B.Engr
Off you go. All the best.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
Tanx
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2017
jovial22:
what if I join with my degree, what position will I be given?
with a Bsc you'll be given a lieutenant. That's 2 star

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by buchilino(m): 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
I am 21
I have my ssce result
I would love to apply for the 77rri 2017/2018 army recruitment exercise

What should I expect during the screening/ exercise?
Am igbo,hope it won't affect?
What rank would I be given if I reg with my ssce?
Is it possible for me to attend a university while in the army?

If Its possible, when am done would I be offered promotion based on my new qualification?

If not what is the highest possible rank.I can achieve with throughtout if I apply with my ssce result?
Thanks

What is d salary structure like?

NWANNA, ABEG LEAVE D ARMY. IN FACT IT'S BETA U JOIN POLICE OR ANOTHER PARAMILITARY ORGANIZATION, INSTEAD OF ARMY.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by IMASTEX: 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Serious
Sure
I have a girlfriend who had such experience. She picked the form without influencing it. She was invited for training. The training covers physical & mental. She went through hell during the physical training. She performed well during the academic section. She was posted to Education unit (Lagos). Luckily for her, she picked a course in the army "nursing" just a year plus in the service. She should be graduating this year. Note: the army is a structured body. It has series of units. I.e Health, Education, Engineering, Combatant/infantry, Legal, Military Police, Band, Catering, Admin, etc. Being in the army doesn't mean you will be carrying arms all around. Except in a case of war. They may all be mobilized even other paramilitaries won't be exempted. Just follow your passion. . .My advise.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Stpetermary: 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
I am 21
I have my ssce result

If Its possible, when am done would I be offered promotion based on my new qualification?

If not what is the highest possible rank.I can achieve with throughtout if I apply with my ssce result?
Thanks

areman sit for jamb go to school. leave that cage alone
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Sirlancelot(m): 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2017
See if you think of going to school while in Army, am sorry it will be sorry for you. No hope bro except you get Godfather
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by IMASTEX: 4:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
PatrickOkunima:
To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing like non-combatant in the Army. Be you in the medical, engineering or finance corp, your primary assignment as a soldier is to defend your country. Hence, there's the possibility of you dying in combat. Or are you saying that since the beginning of Boko Haram, no medical, engineering of finance personnel has been killed?
Well there are combatant and non combatant in the army, that doesn't mean they are not given the needed training on how to fight.
Note: In a case of real war all are mobilized for battle including all paramilitaries, random able youths are not also left out. However, that is the extreme cases. Meaning, you can't compel the risk of infantry soldier to a soldier who are in band unit, education, legal unit, accounting, admin, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by newoffer: 4:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
U go experience hardship with ur ssce. go school first.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
what would be my position if I apply with ND?
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2017
harzheez:
what would be my position if I apply with ND?
corporal I guess

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by jimnozi: 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2017
We the poor Masses are the Problem of our Self, how will you be thinking of Joining the Nigerian Army in the first place upon all the Maltreatment going on in the Army. You do the Work of Protecting the Nation that some so call Leaders loot all the treasures. To me even people that have the sons and daughters their should withraw from the service and let those that Loot the Money of Nigerians put theirs there Period. Let Wake Up
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Mulatta(m): 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2017
Yes you can still go to uni, but it will be NDA unless you want to opt for short service, based on your performance in your uni result higher positions will be considered and being Igbo does not matter.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Staru1(m): 5:06pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
I am 21
I have my ssce result

Thanks

Tribe matters, your inability to speak hause is disadvantage.
you can reach RSM/ master warrant/warrant of the army not warrant officer. warrant of the army is higher than master warrant,so also master warrant is higher than warrant officer. if you determined is nice but ur ability will take u a long way.
you wouldn't need to apply for DSSC when u acquired certificate, but SSC& letter from your GOC.
no more volunteer retirement
low chance of studying course, NOUN national open University of NIGERIAN always serve as the best option

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by intrepidjay1(m): 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2017
gbosaa:

You haven’t even applied or passed selection and you are here undermining the rank of a WO. That’s disrespectful. Do you even know what a WO does and how important he is? How are you sure you’d scale through?

Like I said, in an more organised environment, your suicide attempts will appear on your medical reports.

I don’t know how it’s done in Nig. In some countries, the army will normally send forms to your doctor which he has to complete about your health issues, once that’s done, you’ll be given a date to attend selection. If you pass, you’ll commence training.

Don’t compare military with your school or neighbourhood fraternity.

I believe there are lots of members of Nigeria military here to answer your questions. I don’t work with Nigeria military and I do not have the knowledge and authority to answer questions about them.
Nagode bro. u r free to advise him to d extent yhu know... u need know authority to answer if u know well... lot of us r even not actively online... I got ur back...
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by intrepidjay1(m): 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
2chainzz:
NDA is 17-21 and who told you it's not easy, when I entered nobody helped me.
.oga sir skoolz ne?... whc bat?
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2017
intrepidjay1:

Guy d camo fit u die ooo!
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by sodeide2013: 6:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
I advice you to join the Nigerian Air Force. Promotion would be tied your qualification and your entire career would be more fulfilling. Also, there are more diverse options for in service training, both in Nigeria and abroad, which would be sponsored by the Air Force.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2017
Navy is the best. But dey accept second class upper or foriegn certificates.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
intrepidjay1:

skoolz ke ? You're not my skoolz na, Mogadishu bn, Arm of service ?
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
Buh my questions have not been answered na

If I reg with ssce
When I get my bsc
How easy is it to get a better , more juicy rank?

What's d pay sef with ssce ?
If I use my ssce what's d most rank I can.hope to get throughout my millitary career?
recruit, except you earn conversion by direct short service or get admission into NDA. Not easy, but doesn't mean impossible. Salary should be over 40k, but u can easily Google that. You will get almost accurate information on the salary
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2017
sodeide2013:
I advice you to join the Nigerian Air Force. Promotion would be tied your qualification and your entire career would be more fulfilling. Also, there are more diverse options for in service training, both in Nigeria and abroad, which would be sponsored by the Air Force.
true, air force and Navy is better, less stressful & opportune. Though army is more respected. All naa soldier
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by hexy40: 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2017
Oga no try am, even if u wan kill ur self just go chop rat poison die with a clear conscience. Try to get into NDA ( that one na by miracle) or go school and then join
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by koskilala: 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2017
get the work n c what God will do.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by hexy40: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Shey I can still go to skul while in d army
Recruit or private?
I know a doctor that is a private , he already joined the army before going to school and till haven't be commissioned yet. The person am talking about is not even igbo. You are moving straight to sambisa if u join or worse

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
Beremx:
You better tell your village people to contribute money for you to start a business.

hmm savage of the year
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Opoki(m): 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Lol I already tried killing myself thrice didn't work

Bring it on
All die na die
Don't enter NA with ssce, you may not die but you will be humiliated, get education.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 01, 2018
excelsiorfarm:
true, air force and Navy is better, less stressful & opportune. Though army is more respected. All naa soldier
All are respected, infact ppl fear and respect Navy the most. They say dey are d most wicked.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by intrepidjay1(m): 1:34am On Jan 01, 2018
2chainzz:
skoolz ke ? You're not my skoolz na, Mogadishu bn, Arm of service ?
arm of question... lol.
c conclusion ooo....
NA
Burmese bn fa...
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by decrownprince(m): 10:24am On Jan 01, 2018
During d screening exercise, d army will check ur result and ur State of origin and most importantly u will be check to confirm if u are physically fit. then u will write exam. with SSCE ur rank will be private and ur highest rank will be Staff Sergeant. ur salary will btw #44k - #48k. u can always go to school but dat does nt mean u will be promoted unless u have a godfather.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:11am On Jan 01, 2018
agongajoseph:
All are respected, infact ppl fear and respect Navy the most. They say dey are d most wicked.
i know about the force, i grew up with that blood and discipline in me by grace. Civilians & paramilitary respect all,even Navy acknowledge Army. And i belong to Navy family,but have friends & love ones in all. It wont be good for Navy to discipline civilians, their water drills isn't tolerable to offender

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#dangote Cement Plc Vacancies And Recruitment# / Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? / Grooming Centre Online Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.